This is a solution meant for serving TELCO operators in clearing …
The IBM Blockchain Platform is IBM's commercial deployment of Hyperledger Fabric open source and comes with 24x7x365 support with production grade...
This is a solution meant for serving TELCO operators in clearing …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Blockchain Platform, and make your voice heard!
IBM Blockchain Platform - Software
IBM Blockchain Platform - SaaS
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
The IBM Blockchain Platform is IBM's commercial deployment of Hyperledger Fabric open source and comes with 24x7x365 support with production grade SLA's to insure blockchain open source solutions stays running.
- Supported: Operate and govern networks with total control: Deploy only the Hyperledger Fabric components you need (Peer, Ordering Service, Certificate Authority). You can manage all network components through a single console, no matter where they are deployed — and maintain complete control over identities, ledger, and smart contracts.
- Supported: Manage multicloud, Hybrid-cloud, on-premises networks: Connect to nodes running in any environment (on-premises, public, hybrid clouds) and easily connect a single peer to multiple industry networks. You can start small, with no upfront investment, pay as you grow, and upgrade easily through Kubernetes.
- Supported: Production grade blockchain support for open source: The IBM Blockchain Platform is IBM's commercial deployment of Hyperledger Fabric (a blockchain open source project of the Linux Foundation). IBM certifies an image of the fabric open source and checks for security vulnerabilities daily. IBM offers 24x7x365 support for the Fabric open source code with SLA's suitable for even the most regulated production environments.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||40%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Linux, Hyperledger Fabric|
|Supported Countries||Worldwide support|
This is a solution meant for serving TELCO operators in clearing their roaming traffic using a new mandated specification called Billing & charging evolution.
Built-in features of blockchain technology like Provenance, Distributed ledger, immutability of transactions & security has made us to choose blockchain technology as part of solution.
- Immutability - Transactions once made are there forever.
- Distributed ledger - Allows customers to maintain their own copy of ledger by joining their node onto a blockchain network.
- Security - Help secure sensitive data, users and devices can be authenticated using the public and private keys.
- Provenance - Transactional history. Allows seamless dispute resolution.
- More promotion towards hybrid cloud or private cloud could attract customers to host/maintain the blockchain networks with in their "own trusted" infrastructure.
- Building prototypes on IBM Blockchain Platform and exporting importing them onto a private/hybrid cloud would be really great feature.
- Both of the above features has their own CONs as it will lose the easy maintenance/upgrade of their blockchain networks more challenging. But not all customers can afford IBM Blockchain Platform costs and hence there must be a easy way of allowing them to setup the blockchain networks of their choice.
With IBM Blockchain Platform customers could potentially launch their blockchain based solutions in a very short timeframe.
- Rich repository of documentation
- Amazing tools
- Easy to understand
- Fast to start
- Good technical and sales support
- Does not have a free trial
- Some general error messages in extension of VS Code
IBM Blockchain Platform is used to manage and change the chain code, review the peers and the peer's configuration, manage the channel, track the transactions that are made, etc.
- The UI is quite intuitive and easy to learn how to use
- Peer and chain code management is very useful and easy to understand
- Both the VS Code extension and IBM Blockchain Platform work pretty well and complement each other
- Sometimes when I try to instantiate a chain code, it won't let me and the error messages aren't clear so I can't work on a solution
- When a peer is not working, it's hard to know why just from the console
- Cost optimization
- Starting and shutting down IBM Blockchain Platform--make it easier and more user friendly
- IBM Blockchain Platform simplifies the whole process of deploying Hyperledger Fabric to business applications. Once you have understood the concepts of Hyperledger Fabric, IBM Blockchain Platform makes it straightforward in terms of deployment. The UIs are very intuitive and setting up the desired network is a matter of minutes.
- Also, IBM Blockchain Platform maintains a very rich repository of documentation, which makes it easier for first-timers to get going. All of our developers were getting into blockchain for the first time, however, we found it very easy to follow the documentation to get started and then build our application taking cues from the documentation or the blogs.
- IBM Blockchain Platform makes it easy to scale up the solution as network grows, a very important aspect to take the PoCs to production environment.
- We did observe some idiosyncratic errors at times, those are difficult to reproduce. However, we have logged them as issues and have been resolved from IBM's side.
- IBM Blockchain Platform Extension in VS Code provides very general error messages, which doesn't provide much insight. So, at times, it becomes difficult to identify the actual issue and resolve it.
- Some of the the more nuanced but important topics such as Private Data Collection has fewer examples. We understand that most beginners may not be interested in them but when we take the solution to actual businesses, privacy concerns are paramount and these advances concepts come up in implementation.
However, if you are working under a tight budget or the client is expecting a cost comparable to normal cloud platforms, then it may become hard to deliver that with IBM Blockchain Platform. It is a bit expensive for sure.
However, as said earlier as well, at times, we thought that the issues were idiosyncratic in nature and hence the only approach was to just start afresh rather than trying to really find out the issue.
- Use of Hyperledger Fabric.
- Integration with Web App Development.
- Integrated Dashboard.
- Clarifying concepts about contracts, Certificate Associations and other components.
- Providing detailed information when an error occurs.
- Managing edits.
- Tracking changes.
- Tracing originals.
- Difficult to use.
- Strong learning curve.
- Slow to update.
- Allows you to build solutions via VS Code
- Security features are best in-class
- Support is very responsive, 24x7 support
- Hyperledger Fabric framework is difficult to understand, has a learning curve.
- Monitoring features could be a bit better.
- Cost model requires in-depth understanding as it is not straightforward.
- Automated deployment and easy startup
- Drastically reduces barrier to entry and dev time for those starting in Blockchain
- Very clean UI, easy to manage the network
- Free tiers are a blessing, but beyond that it can get very expensive very quickly (needs a starter package for startups with little money).
- More live call/chat IBM support
- Ready-made, as needed features are available to use, so we can focus on the functionality and leave the rest up to IBM.
- Stable, as it is cloud-based and IBM takes care of the infrastructure
- Future, we were using open source at first, but after less than a year, it was no longer an option. But we can trust IBM will continue to support blockchain as a technology partner.
- Price, as it may a bit expensive to use
- Local support, as IBM always uses global support where it is hard to get.
- Good compatibly with vscode
- Remove blockchain maintenance overheard
- Great documentation provided
- Easy web console
- Dev env plan
- Basic plan to include free tier
- More chat support for this platform
- This is a well managed private chain so, best in providing solutions to private organizations.
- For an organization that manages a large amount of data, IBM Blockchain Platform is highly recommended.
- Security-wise it's well designed to work with several organizations and consortia.
- IBM Blockchain Platform dashboard can be better and fast.
- Feature-wise many advanced features can be added for better management of IBM Blockchain Platform.
- The certificate is difficult to handle and not auto-renewed when it's expired. It's a really difficult process to renew it.
- User friendly.
- High availability.
- Easy to use.
- Sometimes the administration page is unstable.
- We had to migrate quickly from v1 to v2.
- We almost lost the platform due to other priorities.
- Private blockchain.
- Hierarchical permission levels that are realistic when it comes to businesses.
- Ability to write code using easy to use frameworks and tools.
- Decentralized and distributed implementation.
- Delimitation of interactions and metering.
- Moving to less verbose more modern safe languages such as Kotlin, Rust, Swift, etc.
- We need to create organizations, channels, and nodes dynamically through code. IBM Blockchain Platform makes this easier for us.
- By using IBM Blockchain Platform, we gain the advantage of IBM's advanced tools that facilitate necessary activities such as governance.
- Critical tasks such as installing and upgrading chain code and other related tasks are made easier by IBM Blockchain Platform.
- IBM Blockchain Platform takes away many unknowns and helps us to plan the project with confidence.
- More levels of pricing. I think the pricing is the number one deterrent. Also, the high cost of development and R&D causes customers to hesitate to commit to IBM Blockchain Platform.
- Automated deployment with underlying infrastructure
- Managed services
- Takes very little time to start
- Helps developers not familiar with infrastructure-related concepts as well
- Some infrastructure deployments fail at launch, could be retried to launch again
- More free tier credits for developers to get started with the service can be given :)
- Some live use cases can be demonstrated for ideas and inspiration
- Local testing environment
- Clear deployment strategy
- Solid support team backup
- Improve trust and loyalty by making the mechanism of lock-in less obtuse and more transparent.
- Stay up to date with the latest releases of the FOSS hyper ledge fabric.
- Make multi-cloud deployments easier.
- It's well suited to get rolling with hyper ledge fabric and prove business cases.
- It's a great doorway to IBM's highly experienced engineering and business teams, who have active experience with prod deployments.
- It's less appropriate once your business is running strongly in this Engineering dept. and you have in-house staff that has a great command of all of the HLF nuances.
- Being open-source means that thousands of developers are upgrading the platform.
- Excellent management tools.
- Strong IBM technical support.
- AAIS is part of the IBM Blockchain Advisory Board. All of our input has been addressed around provisioning and cost.