Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Merative Clinical Development, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Boasting a proven track record of over 3000+ clinical trials, in 90+ countries, with 1 million+ participants, the vendor states Merative® Clinical Development will help pharmaceutical, medical device, and CROs to shorten study cycle time and reduce costs.
In addition to its core electronic data capture (EDC) functionality, Merative® Clinical Development offers a fully-integrated portfolio of modules that are designed to suit every trial, including:
Medical Coding with AI- Designed to increase efficiency by leveraging AI to build consistency and reduce errors
eConsent - Deliver quick and easy remote participant consenting without additional EDC integration
Open Platform Data Integration - Allows users to build and automate data connectors with minimal coding
Reporting and Analytics - Provide Data Managers to use pre-built or custom reports to derive single and cross-study insights
Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) - Strengthens Participant Centricity with live, automatic data sync with EDC
Visit https://www.merative.com/clinical-development to learn more.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||Worldwide usage|
|Supported Languages||50 + languages and dialects|
- Easy to use.
- All in one place.
- efficient certification training
- Stronger reporting
- no training
- Organize data
- Share information
- Secure data
- Mobile access
- Alerts and notification
- Omnichannel communication
- It is well suited in research.
- Data collection from different sources.
- I have not experienced any area that requires improvement.
- Cloud based sharing of information
- Trail Design
- Trail Development
- Menus can be confusing until you have spent time with the software.
- A good internet connection is requiered.
- Information is repeated.
- Provides detailed data on-demand
- Allows rapid study design
- Provides standardization across all clinical trial elements
- Some modules are expensive.
- Reporting could be more user friendly (steep learning curve).
- Training should utilize more (simple) examples.
- Friendly user interface.
- Ability to code complex queries and visit rules.
- Missing ability to batch add dynamics to a page.
- Better organization of visit rules if you have a lot.
- Many changes require mid study updates
- It is highly customizable and easy to program.
- There is a wide variety of data that can be collected from IRB/site information to clinical data.
- ICD provides comprehensive edit language to program for accurate results.
- Page dynamics are very useful when including or hiding certain data questions.
- Reporting is very clunky and most often needs to be programmed by IBM itself. Getting Excel listings isn't user friendly for all employees.
- The date functions are limited when setting up visit windows.
- The User Manual gets to be a bit confusing in areas. It would benefit using direct examples when explaining programming.
- Having the ability to attach documents (i.e., IRB approval in the Site Documents section) would be beneficial instead of getting a separate CTMS.
- The audit trail report is non-functional for us. There is too much data for it to handle.
This is the first system I've used for electronic data capture and overall it is functional. There are items I wish I had better control over (visit windows, payments, reporting), but ICD is easy to use and easy to program for basic collection. I'm fairly sure I could spend more time on the nuances of the system but there's simply no time when involved in a large subject study.
- Ease of subject data entry for site data entry.
- Ease of query review for CRA management and source verification.
- Ability to generate data tables for general study review.
- Would like to have more access to report review. Most of the functions are controlled by the initial data management setup of the specific reports. I would like to be able to run my own custom programs as a CRA (some way to bypass internal programming).
- Sites note that they are limited in pulling tables (with specific information ) based on internal programming. I only see what DM has allowed with the CVS/EXCEL tables.
- Better user guide to assist with training.
- User friendly and easy to use
- Easy-to-create reports
- EDC support system to be enhanced and calls should be arranged to discuss it in detail by sharing screen over a Zoom call or MS teams (or by any other preferred method).
- Page dynamics tab should have advanced expression editor enabled, along with basic editor.
- An additional option to post a re-query should be made available. Currently, if a re-query is to be posted, the original answered query needs to be closed and a new query needs to be generated. This does not provide a reference to the previous query on which this re-query is posted.
- Study Database design.
- Randomization and trial supply management.
- Electronic data capture.
- Electronic patient reported outcomes.
- eConsent capabilities.
- Advanced data validation logics.
- Design error identification.
- Electronic data capture (EDC)
- Data integration
- Randomization and trial supply management (RTSM)
- It should have an e-learning module where trainings can be assigned to individuals based on their desired role
- Mobile EDC app for Andorid and iOS
- Ease creating edit checks.
- Ease of finding help.
- Good helpline guidelines.
- Data management activities from initial study build and development
- Report generating , data listing capabilities
- System interoperability, within system i.e. availability of various modules
- System interoperability, across systems i.e. data integration
- Monitoring management module
- Project management module
- Direct data capture
- Ideally EMR integration
The best part of working with IBM Clinical is that it is very user-friendly. Thereby reducing the overall turn around time of any activity, and thus reducing the cost and the time spent on building and maintaining a project on IBM.
- User-friendly database build module. Thus enabling study builds in record times.
- Effective Randomization and Inventory management module.
- IBM Clinical Development has one of the amazing technical support teams in the industry.
- We cannot have multiple study accesses for a study in the studies supported by IBM clinical. eg. Coder and Data manager.
- Though all the study-build related errors are flagged on the study-build page, some errors like incorrect dynamics applied, which eventually affects the subject PDF extraction, reports, etc.
- When the study is imported from another IBM studies, certain attributes remain running in the background even if it seems to be disabled.
- Very good dynamic system. Avoid site to see information unnecessary.
- User friendly. No need to have strong programming background.
- Study customized system setting.
- Wish Advanced Editor can be both manually edited and pull the elements
- Consider more possibility of Subject ID
- System setting document can not import study attributes
- Cannot add repeating cycle X if my memory is correct
Study with less cycles or cohorts.
- Intuitive design interface
- Well-organized online manual and training material
- Robust error checking and step-by-step wizard
- Helpdesk has solid expertise
- Page design: Dynamic control fields like dynamic searchlist drop down; which contents can be changed depends on the data entry.
- System query: Implement the edit check on cross repeated pages.
- MSU process: Assign study revision to multiple sites with just one click.
- IBM CD has a great number of options/modules and can be adapted to any kind of clinical trial.
- IBM CD is user friendly.
- The support team is always ready to help and support and give useful tips.
- IBM CD should think about spreading their data center also in other places than just in US. That would be handy due to GDPR to have it e.g. in Europe, or in Asia.
- From my point of view, the IBM CD prices are fine, but for start-up companies the IBM CD is unreachable due to price. Other solutions need to be offered to them.
- It is an electronic data capture where we can build studies, collect data, monitor data and edit- check.
- We can also issues queries, generate reports, attach additional documentation.
- It has the ability for electronic signature.
- The system does not have much electronic trial master filing function.
- I dont think it accepts documents in various format like pdf, Word, Excel, etc.
- Study build process is relatively easy to learn, and there are many tools within the system to help builders throughout the process.
- Outstanding support - both technical / Helpdesk (with system features and capabilities) and project management. Each organization has their own Client Success Manager, and ours is doing an excellent job.
- Periodical enhancements based on the users/clients/s feedback.
- Training materials are very well prepared and organized.
- The response to suggestions/issues on how to enhance the system functionalities is slow.
- Use of some functionalities is non-standard and requires additional payments.
- Certification in certain modules (e.g. Data Migrator) is expensive.
- Tracking data entry
- Allowing for data queries for accuracy & completeness
- More user friendly and useful data reports
- Live graphing of trial data