- Workflow engine capability (5)8.080%
- Scalability (5)7.878%
- Platform management overhead (5)7.575%
- Ease of building user interfaces (5)6.767%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Cloud Managed Istio, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Istio is open technology that provides a way for developers to seamlessly connect, manage and secure networks of different microservices — regardless of platform, source or vendor.
Managed Istio is available as part of IBM Cloud™ Kubernetes Service. The service provides seamless installation of Istio, automatic updates and lifecycle management of control plane components, and integration with platform logging and monitoring tools. Add the managed Istio integration to your new or existing clusters for full control of your microservices.
- Istio on GKE
- AWS App Mesh
- Istio on Alibaba Cloud Container Service
- Debug issues
- allows many services form many different sources
- the software upates sometimes get problems
- need more documentation
- should have a better customer support
- It is cloud managed and very ease to use.
- Implementation is simple and can be easily adopted.
- It lessens the complexity and hence is very good for the new users.
- Some more functionalities added could improve it better.
- Better technical user guidance.
Yes, it is used across the whole organization.
- Managing the cluster, i.e. pods connectivity
- Managing the ingress/egress network configuration for routing of service flow
- Nice dashboard for monitoring the health of application
- Trigger alerts to pager duty if something goes wrong to appropriate team
- Pods (container) security, i.e. it will only run with specific users also got resolved
- Complex to understand. IBM needs to provide more example documentations.
- Updating the [IBM Cloud Managed Istio] to latest version can sometimes break the application.
- Implementation of integration of [IBM Cloud Managed Istio] with other tools like Grafana, Sumologic for monitoring is very complex; it can be improved.
If your application is not very complex then you have many tools available like Grafana, Prometheus, Sumo Logic, which you can integrate individually with your cluster and implement. In this type of scenario, it is better to not use [IBM Cloud Managed Istio] and it will serve your purpose as well.
- Layers transparently onto existing applications
- Allows control of access and rules to be developed
- Creates metrics for usage
- Training material for new users
- Generating specific reports
- Adding metrics to existing report
- Sharing reports among user groups
- Traffic management
- Still missing functionalities for a full usage as traffic director.