April 22, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
Read Vinay Pushkarna, B.Eng, MBA's full review
Pros and Cons
- We like Maximo because it is highly configurable. We have faced challenges in the past where a lot of customizations have been done. This has resulted in a lot of pain when going for upgrades.
- The recent development in the Asset Performance management area and having the capability to analyze the data has got us really excited and we are looking forward to more advanced capabilities in Maximo 7.6.
- We have also enjoyed the capabilities it has provided in the operator log and managing our asset master data.
- Maximo has been a good tool when it comes to managing assets but we miss some of the case management capabilities that some of the tools, such as Predix, have to provide. It may not be the key functionality today, but as we are maturing as an organization I think we will need capabilities where we can start designing predictive models.
- Maximo is still not a product of choice for asset strategy development. We absolutely want to have Maximo do our Meridium functionality. However, today Maximo lacks that.
- Maximo mobility has been exceptionally terrible. Because of the user interface it has, we lacked field mobility capability and now we are looking for Click as a potential software.