April 30, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Read this authenticated review
Pros and Cons
- IBM MQ has proved to be very stable and secure platform and we never had an incident being reported of event dropping or hacking.
- It has really increased our transaction capacity and now we are able to accommodate huge volumes of transactions without making any new changes.
- There is no risk of a message being lost or repeated again, which is a highly appreciated quality when you are dealing with sensitive data.
- The queue manager clustering make the best use of the available resources and use them to their full potential.
- IBM MQ has quite a hefty cost associated with it, if you are creating new queue managers for each team rather than sharing them. They charge you for every new queue manager and also for the maintenance of the existing ones.
- It should be capable of sending Notifications and alerts in case of failures, but that part is not handled very well and reporting is also one of the features missing in the current MQ setup.
- It should have a good GUI for linux as well. Currently it is only present in the windows interface which has many options available at the click of button for which in Linux we need to execute commands and develop scripts.