This server has such minimal downtime it is the best value for money in the IT marketplace today. I wouldn't ever run my …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Power servers, and make your voice heard!
- Tech Details
The vendor states IBM Power
servers are built for the most demanding, data-intensive, computing on earth. Power servers are designed to manage the most data-intensive workloads imaginable, while keeping the business protected.
IBM offers Power10 processor-based servers, available in scale-out or scale-up variants.
The vendor promises the following benefits and differentiators:
Delivered with security
Power servers have security built in at all layers, from the processor to the OS to deliver an integrated end-to-end security solution
Power servers integrate into organizations' private or hybrid cloud strategy to handle flexible consumption models and changing customer needs.
Boasts strong rankings in every major reliability category by ITIC*, IBM Power servers aim to deliver the reliable on-premises infrastructure to meet around-the-clock customer demands.
Value and performance
With Power servers, clients can take advantage of superior core performance and memory bandwidth to deliver both performance and price-performance advantages.
|Operating Systems||Linux, AIX, IBM i|
- No impact on ROI till date.
- Efficiency is the positive aspect.
- Customer service should be improved.
- When compared to our current architecture, it will increase our ROI.
- The new features and security updates that IBM provide on a monthly basis are great.
- It is very robust as our requirements, helped very much to manager servers.
- It processes many applications without any wastage of time or any delay.
- It is the very unique and up-to-date place we ever find.
- IBM Power Servers increase the application response time and provide data protection.
- We can create more than one virtual server with different OS configuration in same power server.
- It offers a hybrid cloud solution.
- System Recovery is excellent in case of any major crash because IBM provides more than one method to recover it.
- IBM Support is much better as we faced a recent major business outage and we got quick support from IBM to fix the issue to run the business in a smooth way.
- It has increased the Return of Investment for the data storage as the data centers.
- It offers advanced recovery and diagnostic capability.
- Flexible capacity, OPEX pricing model.
- It has a positive impact on our business as clients trust their data is secured with IBM security.
- It has really powerful CPU which results in quick data access.
- It has saved a lot of cost initial cost as maintenance of onsite infrastructure is expensive.
- not involved in the financial part
- as an IBM user, buying it internally is much cheaper
- not sure about price comparison with it's competitors
- Clients were happy
- Latest hardware has good support from ibm
- Enhanced features
- Positive since they are the best servers with minimal downtime yearly compared to other platforms.
- IBM support is top notch support with 24/7/365 support and availability
- Price is expensive but worth it overall with the product and service IBM provides
- Overall, the return has been positive in terms of supporting the software and user base of approximately 250 users.
- The IBM Power Server 9 has played very well with MS 2019 VM's and Oracle Weblogic Web Servers.
- Workload consolidation
- Processing power
- Application performance
- IBM Power servers provide more than one way to restore the OS in case of any system crash.
- Easy to manage to move the physical server resource (CPU, Memory, IO adapter) online to another virtual server on the same physical server.
- Its help to improve the business growth due to system uptime and high performance.
- Server Uptime
- IBM Power servers provide high availability for critical applications to configure the PowerHA.
- IBM Power servers Provide the SAN disk boot which helps to reduce the cost of the Physical SAS disk controller.
- IBM Power servers are best for SAP environment to manage the heavy workload and transection with high performance.
- We can create the different OS and application environments in the same power servers as per business needs.
- It's helped to reduce the cost of DC to implement the virtual environment.
- Easy to apply new hardware patch to make more secure our business.
- IBM provides excellent support for any major issue.
- In the event of a crash, IBM Power servers offer a variety of simple options to recover the operating system.
- With the flexibility offered by IBM Power servers, the production business can be improved by making the most of its physical servers.
- The price to upgrade every 3 years is cheaper than keeping the system we had.
- Providing users with the ability to finish jobs more quickly can have a positive impact on ROI.
- We now have systems that are more efficient and less prone to errors, which enhances ROI.
- The 99.9% SLA uptime system is scalable and versatile.
- Best customization and configuration
- Occasionally poor customer service when placing a service call. The IBM techs are great but the initial process can frustrate them at times.
- The end users have almost all provided positive feedback over the previous non-IBM solutions
- The ease of use by our tech staff to create, implement, modify, and troubleshoot the systems
- Use of it increased the productivity by 40-45%
- Large volume loads saves 60% of time as other systems
- Complex Business logics van be implemented
- Stability, IBM Power servers are reliable, up time is outstanding.
- Updating IBM Power servers requires a skilled, trained administrator to alleviate downtime.
- Administrators will find the tool SMIT very helpful when managing IBM Power servers.
- It's very simple to keep clean.
- We've been able to find breach cracks more quickly than before.
- It's easy to get things done because of its well-designed layout.
- We've been able to identify patterns and generate data with commercial intelligence that will help us save money in the future because of the program's skill.
- Linux reduces the amount of time spent processing at the end of the day, in one case from 30 minutes to 1 minute for the same processing load.
- Backups are entirely done linearly by the server, we believe there is a 30% time saving this month.
- The main objective was to increase speed and stability and the objective was fully achieved 95% of the time.
- Processes for upgrading have been simplified.
- The IT server maintenance crew had a positive experience.
- Provides us with something really new and radically distinct in our portfolio.
- In comparison to previous months, the speed has improved by 13%.
- IBM Cloud makes advantage of cost-saving APIs.
- Your team can narrow the scope of the projects that your collaborator works on.
- It's simple to use.