Currently, with IBM POWER9 Servers, we can have more retention with a more optimized SMT8 thread.
- IBM POWER9 Servers are much faster than the POWER6.
- Backups take less time to be completed.
- Highly secure and automated server
- It could be faster
- More CPU cores could be added.
- Looking for some new features.
- Allow access to certain configuration items (ie. DHCP/DNS configuration) without using a GUI
Handling a large volume of data.
IBM POWER9 Servers have processors with a dynamic frequency which makes its operation energy saving when we do not use the total processing power.
The areas where IBM POWER9 Servers have had many improvements are with the databases. They have better performance than any other server of the competition.