Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Rational Team Concert, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- IBM Rational Team Concert makes it easy to follow business processes.
- Track and coordinate tasks which ease change management procedures.
- Integrate with external applications and APIs.
- Visualize data to streamline reporting.
- No free trial and freemium version.
- Requirement management and process definition.
- Tracking of different artifacts within project such as defects and tickets.
- Tracking code updates via automation.
- Training and how to do guide can be improved to help new users.
- Performance can be improved as there are times when it feels too slow to respond.
- More API integration can help a lot.
- Excellent project easy management.
- Collaboration functions are very useful.
- High quality data analytics production.
- New user may have a difficult to to manage the platform.
- Setting of various options is complicated.
- Fully functionalities setting.
- No set-up fee
- Range of functionalities
- No free trial
- Easy to use with well defined template and user defined fields. New team can setup a project area easily by copying an existing template and adding customized fields for their special needs.
- It can be used during almost the whole project cycle and give us a better view and control on the projects.
- Lots of built-in report functions.
- I feel like it is too heavy sometimes and updating is not very straight forward. For example, if I want to change an incident ticket (IN) to a service request (SR) and add some comment for the change, I have to first change the IN to SR, then click refresh which takes a few seconds, then add a comment. If I forget the refresh step, my comment will be discarded without warning like my ticket is not in the latest status. This also happens when somebody else changes the ticket during my edit as I can not lock the ticket exclusively.
We are changing our team structure to DevOps and our software development cycle from a traditional waterfall model to Agile. RTC is not as good as JIRA in Kanban and scrum.
- Clean GUI
- User Friendly
- No sorting functionality
- No Filter Functionality
- Difficult to manage when there are several projects on it
Well Suited: Small projects, Fewer users
Less Suited: Too many projects with a large number of business requirements
- Provides a complete workflow of work items to be performed within a team.
- Provides customizable templates for creating and modifying the workflows based on how your team functions.
- Provides, easy to use reports and querying functionality for managers to get a good glimpse of the overall project.
- IBM RTC user-interface feels very dated compared to the competition.
- Often times we find it to be very heavy and hence is slow to respond, which is sometimes discouraging to use.
- It lacks some of the main integrations we would like to see from a development standpoint like seamless Git integration for instance.
- One suite for all ALM needs; from requirements to code to bug and test management.
- Handles well complex stream and merge activities.
- Good API support, backed by a big vendor.
- Clunky user interface and experience.
- Hard to learn and "get around."
- Sometimes feels you're working for it instead of the opposite.
- Easy to use
- Generation of Reports
- Customization to match your implementation
- Can be self documenting and recording of history
- Most reports and queries just display data graphically for trending. It would be nice to be able to easily build tabular reports.
- The application is logistically complex, meaning there are many moving pieces to keep track of. One needs to work with the application learn it. Some people have trouble with this when they are new to RTC and have tight developmental time lines.
- Running the RTC in house requires trained, dedicated staff. Upgrades are difficult and require expert level knowledge.
- It a a good agile scrum project management customized web based tool
- Easy to Track the status, charts and taking the reports
- Managing multiple distributed scrum projects
- Import functionality using CSV file for a list of user story etc.
- Customizing work items is easy and flexible
- Project Management is easy
- Minimal administrative overhead
- Workflows are not always intuitive
- Native build tools not up to par
- Source control streams concept
- Dead Lines are clearly assigned through change requests
- Tracking the assignments (Implementation Work Tickets)
- GUI can be implemented much more efficiently with clarity. I personally feel the current IBM Rational Team Concert is little clumsy.