Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Security QRadar, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
IBM Security QRadar XDR is a threat detection and response solution that works to eliminate threats faster.
IBM Security QRadar helps security teams detect, understand and prioritize threats that matter most to the business. The solution ingests asset, cloud, network, endpoint, and user data, correlates it against vulnerability information and threat intelligence, and applies advanced analytics to identify and track the most serious threats as they progress through the kill chain.
Once a credible threat is identified, AI-powered investigations provide rapid, intelligent insights into the root cause and scope of the threat, with the goal of enabling organizations to support their first-line security analysts, accelerate security operations processes and reduce the impact of incidents. An open, connected approach helps organizations manage increasing number of cloud applications.
With QRadar, the user can integrate EDR, SIEM, NDR, SOAR and Threat Intelligence, while leaving data where it is for a complete XDR approach, connecting existing tools and automating SOC using IBM and open third-party integrations.
Threat intel is fed from the IBM X-Force Threat Intelligence platform, which enables sharing of research on security threats, aggregation of intelligence, and collaboration with peers.
The QRadar XDR is a suite of threat detection and response products that includes:
- IBM QRadar XDR Connect, connects tools, automates your SOC and streamlines workflows.
- IBM QRadar SIEM is intelligent security analytics for actionable insight into the most critical threats.
- IBM QRadar NDR detects hidden threats on the network.
- IBM QRadar SOAR responds to security incidents with confidence, consistency and collaboratively.
- Supported: Open architecture to deploy on premises, on cloud, or as a service.
- Supported: Investigation speed faster by 60x with automated triage and contextual intelligence
- Supported: Better visibility by removing silos and unifying input and shared insights
- Supported: Integrate with existing tools to leave data where it is and leveraging current environment.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
Splunk Enterprise Security (ES)
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Securonix Next-Generation SIEM
LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform
Cisco Secure Network Analytics (Stealthwatch)
SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM)
- The most important feature of QRadar is having a single view into your company.
- The most significant part of the arrangement is the combination capacities on offer.
- It adapts to any type of company. The models that IBM has, including QRadar, "can evolve from a small to medium partnership to a colossal partnership, and it gives you similar value."
- The EPS is the primary test when using goods like IBM. You must just be present at the events every second since that is when the cost becomes a major problem.
- More disentanglement of the custom standards would be gainful, or it ought to be feasible to utilize a language other than the one the arrangement is currently using.
- Event correlation
- Ticketing compatibility
- Ease of implementation with various products
- Better documentation
- Faster UI
- Custom automatic reports for higher management
- Threat Intelligence is a powerful Tool
- Great GUI Interface
- Qradar is reasonably priced
- It performs really well.
- Dashboard is quite challenging
- Regularly problems occured
- It required spelling handling search logs
- It helps analyst narrow down the search by using given filter option.
- its user interface for report customization and managing the log source is easy.
- Threat intelligence is good and powerful tool.
- when it comes for utilization of UEBA module it is way behind.
- One cannot put OR condition in manual filter and is a tool limitation.
- While transitioning the excel data base to the Qradar data base option is not possible to import the whole matrix and map the same against the MITR framework.
- Screen all of the alerts delivered
- Consequently signals gadgets and frameworks that are undermined by different sources over the organization.
- They can make the UI more instinctive
- Item move up to another a variant is an extended and an intense undertaking.
- Automatically flags devices and systems that are compromised by multiple sources over the network.
- A simple search method and the ability to view search results in both logs and graphical views for better analysis.
- Integration of almost all types of devices.
- Helps in threat detection and response, helping to remediate the threat.
- Product upgrade to a new a version is a lengthy and a tough task.
- Search query sometimes fail when loading logs.
- Making rules is extremely simple
- Screen every one of the cautions produced
- Behavioral examination is gives reasonable feedback from user that prone risk
- They can make the User Interface more intuitive
- Simplifying the search query language as it is very complex to understand
- It will better if they provide simplified manual after every upgrade
The machine learning function of User and entity behavior analytics doesn't work properly and there are lots of issues around this that is required to be fixed.
- Improve business process outcomes
- Create internal/operational efficiencies
- The dashboards and UI in general could be more appealing
- Faster & easier to access support
- Instantaneous threat detection and real-time monitoring. The tool analyzes large a wide range of data in real time, helping us to quickly identify and respond to potential threats as they occur.
- Integration with third party security tools is smooth.
- IBM Security QRadar has advanced data analytics capabilities helpful for identifying trends in our data security.
- Even though IBM Security QRadar integrates with several tools, the integration process is complex.
- It needs a lot of resources to operate.
- Real-time threat detection and response: It is particularly effective at detecting and responding to security threats in real-time. It uses machine learning and analytics to continuously monitor network and system activity and identify unusual or suspicious activity that may indicate a potential threat. When a threat is detected, IBM Security QRadar can alert the appropriate personnel and provide them with the information they need to take appropriate action to prevent or mitigate the threat.
- Vulnerability management: Also a powerful tool for helping organizations identify and mitigate vulnerabilities in their networks and systems. It can scan for known vulnerabilities and provide alerts when it detects any, allowing organizations to take action to fix the vulnerabilities before they can be exploited by attackers.
- Compliance management: It can help organizations ensure compliance with various regulatory requirements, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). It can monitor for and alert on any activity that may be in violation of these requirements, helping organizations to avoid fines and other penalties.
- Complexity: One area where it has room for improvement is in terms of its complexity. The platform is designed to handle a wide range of security tasks and can be configured to meet the specific needs of an organization, which can make it challenging for users to navigate and understand all of its features and functionality. Some users may find it difficult to get up and running with it or to configure it to meet their specific needs.
- Customization: Another area where it could be improved is in terms of customization. While the platform does allow users to customize certain aspects of its behavior, some users may find that they are unable to fully customize it to meet their specific needs. For example, they may be unable to create custom rules or modify the way that alerts are generated.
- User experience: A third area where it could be improved is in terms of the user experience. Some users may find the interface difficult to navigate or may have difficulty understanding how to use certain features. Improving the user experience could make it easier for users to get up and running and to make the most of its capabilities.
- Automation capability and control.
- Supply of information in real time.
- Server attacks are protected.
- Excellence technical support.
- Easy to run.
- The capacity of tables and graphs should be improved to keep all job environments safe, so those graphs are somewhat uncomfortable for newbies.
- Excellent user interface.
- Threat-specific reports.
- It was characterized by being customizable.
- Integration with IBM log data.
- It keeps track of the system to achieve the best security, always with the best tools.
- Data analysis from other software is quick and easy.
- threat detection
- threat removal
- improve the reporting
- more customizatoion
- problem in TAXXI Feed
We have more than 10+ Clients already and are onboarding new clients in a couple of months.
IBM Security QRadar is one of the top leaders compared to other Solutions in the market.
I had experience with Splunk, LogR, etc... but IBM Security QRadar is the Very user-friendly SIEM ever seen.
I will surely recommend this to my colleagues and new clients
- Offense Monitoring
- Use case development
- Third-party Application Integration from Xchange
- Custom Log Source Integration
- Auto-Scaling of Disk when it's in a critical condition-Manual intervention is needed to fix the issue when there is a disk space issue
- Data Node Improvement in processing capabilities
- Custom Script usage in the system is not allowed
- Incident Management
- Information Security
- Data collection system needs some improvements
- The tool scans the process and network vulnerability data to identify the security risks in the network.
- The tool performs in-depth network forensics and replays full network sessions.
- Gives a threat score and category to each identified IP address or URL, which helps us prioritize threats and offer better analysis.
- Bulky user interface.
- Cloning of tasks is lacking.
- Slows down server startup.
- Alerting and reporting.
- Integrations with other tools and partners.
- Ease of use/deployment.
- Licensing models - move away from the consumption based models.
- Autodiscover for data sources
- Data onboarding
- Creating detection rules
- API integration
- Should onboard any type of data.
- Dashboarding and advanced queries like statistical analysis and ML features.
- Parsing and filter out.
- License model.
- Instead of java, could be written C to get more efficient and faster environment.
- Enrichment of data on data pipeline.
- Replication and loadbalancing on Datanodes and EventProcesssors.
- UI is so simple and user-friendly, if you haven't experienced it yet you still can understand it within a second and create searches.
- Deployment of architecture. well structured.
- Alerting and correlation rules are well suited as well.
- Has built-in analytics which detect threats automatically.
- Support external STIX which makes it easy and effective to integrate external apps.
- Automate threat detection through AI.
- I have nothing that I encounter as a flaw when using this platform.
- Improved understanding of user and device behavior.
- Alerts to threats as they occur, allowing efficient risk mitigation.
- Complete, 24/7 network visibility.
- Staff must be extremely familiar with networking to continually tune the software for false positives.
- Automates threat detection and remediation.
- Has clean UI.
- Cost effective.
- Offers comprehensive tutorials.
- No mobile app and on-premise versions.
- Full payload inspection and correlation using the QNI feature
- Robust HA capabilities
- Scalable and modular (e.g., distributed architecture)
- Licensing model complexity
- QVM enhancement many organizations prefer other third-party scanners
- Has a simple to use search filter that streamlines procedures when looking for deeper files.
- Enhances continuous monitoring across on-premise and cloud environments.
- Onboards custom logs rapidly from all ETL services.
- It has room for additional integration with other threat intelligence platforms.
- There should be more enterprise-grade cloud services built-in on IBM Security QRadar to accelerate implementation and reduce operational costs.
- Enables integration with other threat intelligence tools via STIX.
- Onboards custom logs from external data sets for real-time data monitoring.
- Enhances intelligent insights across multi-cloud and on-promise repositories.
- Graphics and charts UI is a bit confusing for beginners due to lack of enough tutorials.
- SIEM functionalities.
- Offense rule creation.
- Log searching.
- Possibility to edit multiple rules at once is missing.
- There should be more build-in notifications options than just E-Mail and local notifications.