Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM SPSS Modeler, and make your voice heard!
IBM SPSS Modeler Personal
IBM SPSS Modeler Professional
IBM SPSS Modeler Premium
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
IBM SPSS Modeler is a predictive analytics platform that helps users build accurate predictive models quickly and deliver predictive intelligence to individuals, groups, systems, and enterprises. With an intuitive interface and drag-and-drop features, the software is designed to be easy to use with the goal of enabling everyone from business users to data scientists to uncover valuable insights quickly.
Organizations use IBM SPSS Modeler to find answers to their critical business questions, such as:
- Which customers are likely to churn?
- What products and services are prospects likely to purchase together?
- Which insurance claims have a high probability of fraud?
- Which machines on the assembly line are likely to fail?
- Where do we need to deploy additional law enforcement resources?
- How can we select the right applicants for the right roles?
- Supported: Intuitive visual analysis streams
- Supported: Broad range of advanced analytical techniques
- Supported: Automatic data preparation
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, AIX|
|Supported Languages||English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Polish, Russian|
- Combine text and data
- Provide facilities for all phases of the data mining process.
- Use a node and stream paradigm to easily and quickly create models.
- The graphics are weak.
- Fast code builder.
- No need to maintain software versioning.
- Visual code, easy to see what's happening.
- Details of models and nodes requires some "digging", "clicking".
- Customization of versions is hard to implement.
- Latest open source code packages take time to integrate into the application.
- Inputting data
- Test selection
- Data manipulation
- Providing sandbox data sets
- Two week trial for students considering purchase
- Reasonable rent prices
- Including MCAR in basic packages
- Standardise language across dialogue windows
- Enable 'undo' after sorting cases
- Include Bayesian options
- A very nice and easy to use interface.
- A great variety of analytics, from statistical calculation to data validation and predictive statistics.
- Has a steep learning curve.
- Has very old style graphs, with lots of limitations.
- Some advanced statistical functions cannot be done through the menu.
- The data connectivity is not that extensive.
- It's an expensive tool.
- The model formulation from large amount of structured and unstructured data is commendable.
- It has a beautiful and intuitive new UI.
- The manual is very easy to understand. Hence, reduces the on boarding.
- The natural language processing (NLP) needs improvement.
- Already present integrations to other IBM products is poor.
- There are many things like Text analytics which are only available in gold edition.
- It is hard for a non-tech person to implement advanced modelling which requires Python, R.
- GUI is really well accomplished and friendly, almost everyone with little investment in training can take advantage of the tool.
- Escalability, you can grow your investment in licensing according to your actual needs, from an annual authorized user, to perpetual concurrent and Big Data and Machine Learning capabilities.
- Open Sorce Ready: take leverage of all your developments made in R or Python and deployment all over the organization even with the user who isn´t used to code.
- Some Analyses aren't there out of the box but can be added through open languages like R and Python.
- Graphs could be better.
- Unable to read data stored in OLAP databases
- Predictive modeling
- Scheduling of tasks
- Statistical analyses.
- Too much foreign programming software
Data preparation and data presentation.
Preparing staging tables and platforms for other applications.
Statistical data analysis, including data manipulation and migration.