IBM Watson Studio

IBM Watson Studio

IBM Watson Studio on Cloud Pak for Data

Early review of IBM Watson

February 04, 2021
We mostly use IBM Watson Studio for its Notebook features for running Python codes. It allows us to work on the code together and generate …

Beginner Guide Review

December 01, 2020

Review on IBM Watson

November 25, 2020

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Interactive Data Analysis (21)

Visualization (21)

Connect to Multiple Data Sources (21)

Extend Existing Data Sources (21)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Watson Studio, and make your voice heard!

What is IBM Watson Studio?

8 people want pricing too

What is Anaconda?

Anaconda is an open source Python distribution / data discovery & analytics platform.

What is Azure Machine Learning?

Microsoft's Azure Machine Learning is and end-to-end data science and analytics solution that helps professional data scientists to prepare data, develop experiments, and deploy models in the cloud. It replaces the Azure Machine Learning Workbench.

Platform Connectivity

Data Exploration

Data Preparation

Platform Data Modeling

Model Deployment

What is IBM Watson Studio?

IBM Watson Studio enables users to build, run and manage AI models, and optimize decisions at scale across any cloud. IBM Watson Studio enables users can operationalize AI anywhere as part of IBM Cloud Pak® for Data, the IBM data and AI platform. The vendor states the solution simplifies AI lifecycle management and accelerates time to value with an open, flexible multicloud architecture.

IBM Watson Studio Competitors

IBM Watson Studio Technical Details

What is IBM Watson Studio's best feature?

Reviewers rate Built-in Processors highest, with a score of 7.8.

Who uses IBM Watson Studio?

The most common users of IBM Watson Studio are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Kapil Bansal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used IBM Waston for learning and helping other fellow members learn some concepts of machine learning. We learned about IBM Waston through Coursera Specialization and then continue experimenting with IBM Cloud for some time. Whether it is using their services or storing objects in a bucket, it was an amazing experience.
IBM Watson Studio on Cloud Pak for Data helps me bring in multiple data streams in Batch and streaming mode and helps me to run ETL processes and then run ML algorithms on top of the processed data. The beauty is I don't need to think about managing resources like CPU, storage, and processing elements and focus all my efforts on the data analytics.
Currently, I am a student and I do not have any idea how many students studying and practicing along with me are using IBM Watson Studio on Cloud Pak for Data. Mostly, this platform might be used by the students under the computer science and information technology department. I use it mostly for my projects by learning to implement several concepts, helping me build and strengthen them.
The IBM Watson Studio is mainly used for one single department, the data science team. It mainly addresses the devops overhead of heavy jupyter notebooks and provides an integrated interface for people who are not familiar with infra and storage. It also provides a point of integration with other IBM services.
Venugopal Dontaraboyana | TrustRadius Reviewer
Storing data in the form of Worksheets and CSV files so that multiple users can use the data partially irrespective of location.
Running and deploying ML and AI Models. It helps - no need to have local hardware. We are able to achieve all the tasks over the cloud.
Used in different parts of the organization.
John Robert Uy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used to test prototype applications for clients. Mostly used for creating predictive data models, descriptive models, and basic ETL. There are plans to test new speech-to-text and image-to-text applications for new clients in 2021. Cloud storage is a secondary use since it is the only platform that supports older or legacy databases
This system is currently being used with a few students on a data science degree within the School of Computing at our University. We are using IBM Watson as a means to overcome the hardware limitations we have within the our work setting. IBM Watson provides student with access to high powered machines allowing them to run complex machine learning algorithms without having to worry about hardware negatively effecting the performance of said algorithms. It is also a relatively simple system to use, making it a useful teaching tool which requires minimal support for academics. Students have provided positive feedback regarding the use of this service and we plan to expand our use of Watson Studio throughout our other degree options.
NARESH SAMPARA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using IBM Watson studio for my personal interest. Since it is not involved a lot of programming, I am creating my own website with a chatbot whereas the chatbot will be answering about my research and carrier. I am using the IBM Watson Studio for analyzing the visual data.
December 01, 2020

Beginner Guide Review

IBM Watson studio is being used to host Juypter Notebooks. These notebooks contains analyses for various projects. The primary project being a ML algorithm that can detect fraud in PPP loans. This is specifically being used in the Engineering department at SJSU. It addresses the problem of users having the capable hardware to run the required software programs, since everything is now cloud based.
November 25, 2020

Review on IBM Watson

I have been using IBM Watson [Studio (formerly IBM Data Science Experience)] for the purpose of Data science course which was offered by IBM on coursera. As part of that I had come across IBM Watson . It helped a lot for learners who want to do things practically . But I felt that the interface can be made much better so that people can use it in a more flexible way . Also some times there are issues when using jupyter notebooks with python . I felt that can be improved for better user experience
IBM Watson Studio [formerly IBM Data Science Experience] helps my business unit to make some business decisions concerning management of cash and keeping stocks of debit cards. Generally it help us predict the amount of cash and debit card we would be needing to meet up the demands of the customer at the time.
My organization as a whole use it to predict the profitability of Automated Teller Machines (ATM) and to find insights while there are higher traffic on some machines.
Currently I'm using IBM Watson as part of my Professional development via Coursera. IBM Watson to my knowledge isn't being used by my colleagues. I plan on using it to gather data and analytics to better support my customers. As an example I'm a Logistic Assistance Representative with a specialization in Tactical Radio communications thus if I can analysis the Army equipment readiness data and parts requisitioning backlogs I can better pin-point the average turn around time to assist my supported units and the respective parts managers to increase the parts availability and thus improving their readiness.
Christopher Penn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Watson Studio is the first third of IBM's new Watson machine learning data pipeline. It's a powerful, reasonably intuitive, low-code environment for building machine learning models and integrating IBM's machine learning APIs (speech recognition, image recognition, etc.) into your ML pipeline. If you already consume Watson APIs, Watson Studio will help streamline current and future deployments.
February 22, 2019

Analytics for the Masses

We are working to leverage data analytics using an on-premises deployment to aid in predicting faults for our customers in a proactive/reactive manner. We are looking to leverage efficient and regularly trained algorithms in our Diagnostics Engine/BPMS to reduce our overall time to handle and potentially eliminate tickets opened by our customers
February 14, 2019

Watson Studio review

Van West | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Watson Studio for NLP/NLU purposes in our client environments. It addressed problems in physical space interactions between front line associates and customers. We also leverage tonality and sentiment models in addition to transcription to effectively process large amounts of voice interactions in the physical world. Watson Studio has proven useful in addressing these problems in these environments, but we are limited in our capacity to roll it out further due to edge compute limitations with the platform.
We use it to create products to detect diseases from skin images so that the doctors can monitor the progress of the diseases and deliver the best therapy. It is being used by the whole organisation as we are a medical AI company and the use of AI is integral to our product.
May 08, 2018

Watson vs. DATA

Isaiah King | TrustRadius Reviewer
Watson Studio is used within Manifest Life Inc to help gather, process, and visualize various amounts of data. We use Watson Studio throughout our data management lifecycle and view it as the best all-in-one data management offering within the market. Watson Studio has helped our organization manage our data operations more fluidly through the offerings ease of use and minimal learning barrier. This product from IBM works like a charm and is flexible in small and/or large business environments. Data sets of all size can be easily cleaned, processed and leveraged in order to help meet our business objectives and create new opportunities.
Dr. George Ng | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used to teach with Watson Studio, but not anymore. It is inconsistent in many ways it breaks and when I ask for help, no one seems to be bothered.

When I do get a response, it doesn't solve my problems. IBM needs to get it's act together or risk losing out.