- A good way to organize your contracts by type/business line/etc.
- Contract provision library is useful for reviewers of contracts - helps standardize language and approach.
- Some features are unnecessarily limiting. For example, the inability to delete records or change fields later if it turns out there has been a mistake in how the contract was entered or the term was described. The Icertis form fields are NOT the contract record that is required to be kept. If someone makes an error, they should be able to fix it. The contract itself doesn't change, and that is the business record.
- Too much is built on the assumption that the person requesting the contract is the one with the control or ownership of the contract. It would be better if the person to whom the contract is submitted for review was the owner in the system.
- Not all requests will in fact end with a contract. Sometimes requests are started and the project is abandoned or put on hold for a period of time. More status fields that reflect the reality of contracting would be helpful.
Good for standard contracting processes that involve your forms and a set approach.
Not as flexible for situations involving customer paper and processes that are less strict.
Not good for proposals and RFP projects, which often do not result in a contract at that stage.
Icertis Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Built for global enterprises, Icertis is a leader in contract lifecycle management, according to Forrester & Gartner. The vendor says their solution is counted on by large enterprises across industries, with more than 750,000 users, managing 2+ million contracts in 90 countries and 40 languages. Additionally, the vendor says Icertis is easy to deploy, easy to adopt, and easy to use, and offers intelligent contract management, with automation and analysis to control spend and increase revenue velocity. Robust APIs ensure integration with existing systems.
Icertis Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||15%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||85%|
Icertis Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Icertis Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Australia, Austria, Belgium(Dutch), Belgium(French), Brazil, Canada(English), Canada(French), China, Czech, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland(French), Switzerland(German), Taiwan, Turkey, United States(English), United States(Spanish)|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque (Basque), Belarusian, Bangla, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Inuktitut (Latin), Irish, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, K'iche', Kinyarwanda, KiSwahili, Konkani, Korean, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian (Cyrillic), Nepali, Norwegian, Odia, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi, Quechua, Romanian, Russian, Scottish Gaelic, Serbian (Latin), Serbian (Cyrillic), Sesotho sa Leboa, Setswana, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik (Cyrillic), Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Tigrinya, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uyghur, Uzbek (Latin), Vietnamese, Welsh, Wolof, Yoruba|