iCIMS Reviews

Risa Dubow | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2020

iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite Streamlines Hiring Process.

Pros and Cons

• Schedule multiple candidates across multiple interview times.
  • Interviewers can put in their notes on candidates in an easy and transparent way.
  • Adding new candidates to existing interview slots to choose from can get clunky.
  • Time zones are often off between users.
Read Risa Dubow's full review
June 15, 2020

Don't bother with iCIMS

• Nothing.
  • It's unnavigable, not at all intuitive.
  • It doesn't allow us to capture passive candidates easily.
  • Can't figure out how to do things, no easy way to look up the answer (no time for blogs or articles when I just have a simple question).
  • It's built for ACTIVE candidates (people who APPLY); as a search firm most of our candidates are PASSIVE candidates: no email/contact info, which iCIMS requires.
March 10, 2020

The best for recruitment

Pros and Cons

• Works well with other on-boarding systems, like Utilipro.
  • Lets candidates electronically sign.
  • Allows for all information needed to be collected before an interview.
  • Job descriptions are unable to be edited by users, only admin users can do so.
Richard Crane | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 05, 2019

iCIMS saves a ton of time and helps me get the right candidates for the job

Pros and Cons

• Allows me to post my openings, track applicants, and manage the hiring process. I love how I can view each applicant on an even playing field, and then select the best candidates for interviews. This gives my team and my HR department complete visibility on my hiring process, which is great for everyone.
  • It is super easy to use and very intuitive. Moving candidates from one stage to the next is very easy.
  • I love that the whole process is paperless. I can go though the whole hiring process without having to print anything.
  • Reporting was a little difficult to learn. It didn't come easy to me on how to build my own reports. However, it gets easier once you start playing with it. Just requires some dedication.
  • I've had candidates contact me about our hiring decisions long after we've closed the position, believing it was still open. I found that some of the emails are hitting spam filters, which has been a minor problem.
Read Richard Crane's full review
Shreshthi Mehta, PMP®, PHR® | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2019

Talent management using iCIMS

Pros and Cons

• It is easy to add new orgs in iCIMS.
  • It is easy to set up feeds with other HR systems.
  • As a standalone talent management system, iCIMS works great. But, many companies are moving towards an approach where one HR system encompasses all functions.
  • It is easy to interface with other systems but there is a lag of a day for data to get updated.
Read Shreshthi Mehta, PMP®, PHR®'s full review
Angie Pearson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 16, 2019

iCIMS - cutting edge system for your recruitment needs

Pros and Cons

• iCIMS allows multiple managers at multiple locations (within a region) to review and share a pool of candidates with a central place for communicating where the candidate is at in the application (review, screen, interview or hire) process.
  • Likewise the candidate does not have to need to complete several different applications for multiple locations. They build a profile once and then apply to only the jobs they are interested in with a few clicks.
  • Admin Users are allowed freedom to manage several pieces within the platform and their own career portals. For example, they are able to create new company locations, update verbiage on career portals and workflow bins and statuses within the platform.
  • Applicants are counted everytime they are in the Identified Bin. So that if they have applied to more than 1 job, they are not 1 applicant but rather counted several times over. Within reporting, we wish there was a way to identify these individuals on certain reports or to not have them count multiple times on certain reports.
  • Wish there was a way to report on how many applicants were not selected based on a reason type and for what job or by what manager. This would allow us to do further trending as to why we are not selecting or hiring candidates.
  • When building a new Job Template, that it would not be assigned a job id like all other active job openings are. That when selecting the status of template, it would not automatically assign an ID.
Read Angie Pearson's full review
December 13, 2019

Unless you a large, enterprise client, iCIMS isn't for you

Pros and Cons

• This suite is very scalable and can take on thousands of employees and candidates.
  • The talent community is fairly robust.
  • Reporting is very clunky and is difficult to pre-program.
  • Customer service is difficult to work with, especially if you aren't an enterprise-level organization.
October 09, 2019

Great solution for organizations hiring at scale!

Pros and Cons

• Easy to use pipeline interfaces that allowed me as a senior team member to allocate applicants to our team of screeners in a sleek, intuitive fashion.
  • Good support for email templates, our communications looked and felt like they came from our organization rather than clunky automated forms with iCIMS branding plastered over it instead of our own.
  • Lots of features used by our onboarding team to manage documentation process for more candidates than any human would be able to keep track of using memory alone.
  • Occasional technical bugs and outages, without a strong customer service presence. It'd be nice to see the company invest more in taking care of their enterprise clients.
  • We had to use a 3rd party scheduling software to manage our interview calendars, due to some limitations in functionality on the iCIMS platform having to do with managing interviewer availability.
September 18, 2019

iCIMS - Good for Candidate Triage, Bad for Notifications, Email, and Mobile Access.

Pros and Cons

• Organize candidates - iCIMS makes it easy for me to see who has applied for which roles, and to view resumes, cover letters etc.
  • Screen candidates- iCIMS offers the hiring manager the opportunity to pose screening questions to candidates. While these don't automatically weed out any candidates, their responses are easily viewed, and helps hiring managers get a better overall picture of the applicant.
  • Triage candidates - iCIMS makes it easy for a hiring manager to quickly triage candidates into "buckets" based on whether there is further interest in a candidate, or whether to reject a candidate.
  • Notifications - I can't believe in this day and age that I cannot configure iCIMS to automatically email me when I have a new applicant for a role. Instead, I have to go there every day and look to see if I have any new applicants.
  • Email - While iCIMS offers the opportunity to send follow up and/or rejection emails to candidates, the interface is clunky and sometimes does not work, especially if a candidate has provided an invalid email address - this brings down the whole email response feature.
  • Sharing Candidates - Despite using it for 2 years, I've yet to find a way to share a candidate to one of my peers for one of their open roles from within iCIMS.
March 05, 2019

Medium-sized company review of iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite

Pros and Cons

• It is easy to house all candidates in one system. It has all the features you would need as a company to move the candidate through the recruiting process and create your own workflow within the system. You can easily move candidates to different job postings and you can add notes to candidates' profiles.
  • You can customize your onboarding and recruiting documents to your company. It's easy to assign documents to employees or candidates, and you can have them easily electronically view and acknowledge documents.
  • Reports are easy to run and pull on iCIMS. You don't need the system to sync overnight like other systems, everything is done in real time.
  • Our recruiting department relies heavily on iCIMS, and there have been times where iCIMS has been completely down for hours. It's hard for them to do their job when the system they use does not work at times.
  • There are a lot of capabilities in iCIMS, but it's hard to learn all of it without the proper training.
  • It's hard to customize the reports to how you want it. They have default reports, but if you want it more customized to your company, it's not as user-friendly as the standard reports.
February 07, 2019

iCIMS is a solid ATS but, make sure you are thorough and ask a lot of questions.

Pros and Cons

• iCIMS makes it easy to manage our job postings on our website. We have multiple brands and we have separate web portals for each brand all housed in the same account.
  • iCIMS is easy to use whether it is on desktop, mobile or tablet. It's the ATS on the go that allows us to stay connected.
  • The ability for us to integrate our ATS with various vendors makes the process move fasted by not having to navigate between multiple systems.
  • The Account Management team at iCIMS is very responsive to our needs and want to make sure we are having a positive experience.
  • iCIMS could benefit from working with a few more vendors in allowing for integrations. We use a few resources that are not currently integrated and we have asked if they plan on working with these vendors in the future. Make sure you go though all your vendors when assessing iCIMS.
  • Reporting on iCIMS can be intense. There are so many variable that it can become overwhelming for someone the first few times. Training is available and I would recommend that to all new users.
Bruce Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2018

Best fit for a growing company

Pros and Cons

• Highly customization of reports/searches, able to export to Excel. Allows all levels of management to make use of on-demand, real-time data.
  • Professional layout and ease of use - great interface with most all user devices. Gives our company instant credibility and quality for our brand.
  • Can't outgrow it. iCIMS has many very large customers, and excellent interface with other services and new technologies. They even acquired a texting manager platform we were hoping to start using.
  • The platform is not well oriented for the fast paced staffing agency, as it requires going in/out of various levels to manage accounts, hiring managers, etc. While it could be argued that that is a CRM function (not ATS), we feel it is a area that iCIMS should look at next.
  • More ready-to-use templates, dashboards, etc. that can allow new users to dive in and use it quickly. If someone has a DBA background, they'll love getting started and learning all the tools/tricks, but if they are the typical manager ... not so much. Have had problems with buy-in for some managers, as it can seem too complicated.
  • Some of the recruiting and hiring processes could be assisted by some ready-to-use features (like the Offer creation/approve/acceptance feature they are starting to work on). New clients have to create a lot of workflow processes on their own.
Read Bruce Wilson's full review
November 19, 2018

iCIMS - Recommended for Your Applicant Tracking Needs

Pros and Cons

• Applicant tracking - it allows us to keep up with their status in the entire new hire process
  • Ease of use - iCIMS is very user-friendly
  • Organization - iCIMS is very clearly labeled and organized, so you never have to search too far for someone or something
  • Lagging - sometimes iCIMS lags out, although that could be our server and not the system itself.
  • Making offers - it requires multiple steps to make an offer. You have to hit "extend offer" and then close out and reopen the offer before you can send it. Again, that could just be our setup.
  • Color scheme - okay, it's rather boring. Just black and white. I'd love to see it more customizable to where we can use our personality while using the system.
September 07, 2018

Would NOT recommend.

• Sourcing
  • Process Flow
  • Too many bells and whistles.
  • Training is very poor for a robust system such as iCIMS.
  • Customer Service is very, very, very poor. Particularly the Account Managers. Will tell you anything to purchase/jupgrade the service.
  • Not a user friendly system.
Carey Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 22, 2017

iCIMS Platform Review from an Enterprise-Client Perspective

Pros and Cons

• Configurability; they give a great deal of control to the company. Having this flexibility means you can be more agile in your approach and don't have to pay a fee every time you want to make a small update.
  • Training Resources; iCIMS has a robust knowledge base on their help site and I rarely find an article or video that's out of date (how they manage to create new content and keep all the existing content up to date is beyond me!). Their training team is fantastic and they regularly host pieces of training for both Recruiter Users and User Admins at their offices which are free of charge to their clients - if you can secure a spot, that is- they tend to fill up quickly!
  • Searching/Reporting; I provide this 'pro' of the iCIMS platform somewhat cautiously for two reasons. First, I don't have much experience in this area outside of iCIMS. And secondly, I've gotten feedback from end users that it's confusing. But, I'm still listing this as a 'pro' because as I've become adept at building queries, I can see a ton of capability. A User Admin or Super User who is comfortable navigating the system and with a good awareness of their platform can build quite detailed and sophisticated searches that provide hugely valuable information. Recruiting Users, who have a more narrow scope in the system may need some training to get what they need. I do know that iCIMS is working on the interface to make searching more intuitive for recruiters - similar to other search forms they may use to look for passive candidates online.
  • Conditional Logic; This is the biggest opportunity for improvement for iCIMS. Not having this functionality becomes an issue when we want to prevent users from doing something based on a set of other - sometimes unrelated - conditions. Conditional logic would allow us to set up a more prescriptive process which would reduce user error and help maintain compliance. They have JUST released some promising new functionality in this area and I hope to see similar types of improvements around conditional logic elsewhere in the platform soon.
  • Onboarding; Okay, we all know the purpose of an Applicant Tracking Systems is (at least historically) to track APPLICANTS. But if you've been involved in attempting to design a streamlined onboarding process, you know it's a beast all it's own. The capabilities of the Onboard module in iCIMS are . . . acceptable. It's functional, but it's not great. For the company with less complexity, I think the Onboard module would be a wholly sufficient. However, for more complex organizations, what's lacking becomes a bit more obvious (conditional logic would also be a huge win if applied to the onboarding module!)
  • As with almost everything in iCIMS, you do have the ability to configure the content of the onboarding portal(s) to your liking. However, the user-interface itself leaves a lot to be desired and isn't nearly as sleek as the rest of the platform. They've recently released an update with some improved functionality and it seems like they are beginning to dedicate more resources to this area, so that's exciting. We've had over 15k new hires funnel through our onboarding process in iCIMS this year so by no means is this a deal breaker but I do hope for some functional and aesthetic improvements in the coming year.
Read Carey Wilson's full review
Emily Tennant | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 15, 2018

Worth it to learn it...it can do anything

• Integrates well with TONS of job boards
  • Amazing reports that are VERY user-friendly. You can track ANYTHING!
  • Great passive talent management
  • It's a "big" system. It takes some training.
  • Slow to load occasionally
  • It took us a while to be able to sort candidates effectively
  • Many processes are able to be utilized but difficult to do the first time
Read Emily Tennant's full review
Marc LeVine | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2016

iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Remains the Best Within Its Category

Pros and Cons

• Easy to review and rate incoming applications/resumes; especially since iCims upgraded their interface to reduce the number of clicks to accomplish this.
  • Easy to get our job postings out to social media via the iCIMS "advertise" feature.
  • Fairly easy to email past candidates to keep in touch and develop a talent source from a growing pool.
  • Easy to post our jobs.
  • More work is definitely needed on the main interface to help make it even more intuitive and reduce the number of steps involved in reviewing candidates and "accepting" or "rejecting" them.
  • More integration with social media. Our package was just upgraded, so this already may have been accomplished. We'll see.
  • Emailing select groups of past candidates is still a little awkward. Would love to be able to sort the candidates and create more specialized groups and touch points to email them and create stronger ties and talent source pools. Would love to be able to tailor and send out newsletters, blog posts and specialized job announcements to them. May be create and advertise special events (job fairs & open houses).
  • Would love to see a feature where candidates and others can recommend a friend seeking employment.
  • Would love to have the ability to create email contact lists for job referral sources at colleges, labor dept offices, vocational schools, employment help organizations and others to which we could create and push out our job posts, e-newsletters and event invites to them with a click.
Read Marc LeVine's full review
Sarah Greenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 16, 2016

Take back control over your hiring process

Pros and Cons

• Integration with job distributors - scraping to outside job boards.
  • Integration with other on-boarding systems- ADP, EBI etc.
  • Resume preview - would LOVE a feature that allows me to hover over resumes and preview them more easily.
  • Workflow progression - too many click thrus with adding notes, etc., vs. going right to the next step.
Read Sarah Greenberg's full review
Scott Chase, SPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 07, 2015

iCIMS ATS review from a 19 year veteran

Pros and Cons

• Easy to set-up compared to other ATS systems.
  • Good workflow thru the application from first candidate submission to onboarding
  • reporting and searching are easy to do and does not take an "IT" degree to use
  • Integrations with HRIS systems work well
  • Support is very responsive and knowledgable
  • Account manager is also responsive and great to work with
  • Most functions/changes to the system can be done with in house staff
  • Frequent updates to system functionality, continuous improvement
  • Takes feedback from there clients on improvements and new functionality.
  • Great candidate experience in being able to complete the application process quickly
  • Integrations are not 100% functional with some 3rd party vendors
Read Scott Chase, SPHR's full review
Kori Clemmer, SPHR, CCP | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 23, 2015

iCIMS is the best ATS on the market

Pros and Cons

• Customer service is second to none. It is the best I have encountered.
  • Everything is configurable. It is easy to change the process to better match your process
  • Always improving. New features and functionality continue to keep you on the cutting edge
  • Social Media tool is the best tool ever
  • Nothing. They listen to their customers and quickly implement those areas to improve.
  • Nothing. They are so responsive in improving their product.
Read Kori Clemmer, SPHR, CCP's full review
Vladimir Rodriguez, MBA, CPM | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 11, 2015

Talent Acquisition Technology & Analytics

Pros and Cons

• iCIMS is a very customizable system. We are constantly making changes and adding new fields in iCIMS and the best thing is that the system administrator has the access to make all these changes.
  • The dashboard capabilities that iCIMS provides in its platform are amazing. You can literally tailor a specific user login to see only those dashboards that you feel they need access to see.
  • The workflow feature that iCIMS has allows for cleaner reporting, as you can't skip a step when moving a candidate thru the workflow.
  • iCIMS can improve the reporting capabilities as you can't have multiple logic setup when creating a report.
  • I think they can improve the security administration piece as the system admin can't tailor the security. You need to contact iCIMS so they can make changes.
  • iCIMS needs to do a better job when looking for partners to integrate their systems with. We currently are in the middle of integrating iCIMS with TalentWise and this integration has not gone too well.
Read Vladimir Rodriguez, MBA, CPM's full review
Jennifer Millman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2015

Why iCIMS is the best ATS on the market

Pros and Cons

• Ability to customize. I have not come across anything within iCIMS that I cannot customize to be the way I want it to be. Such as the names of fields, order of fields, reports, communication to candidates, uploading any and every document that I share with candidates within the system. Anything I have ever wanted it to do it can do, either through my own ability to customize (they give users free reign to customize away - and it's very easy to do), or with the help of their tech support.
  • They don't nickle-and-dime. I have used other ATS's in the past such as Ultimate Software, Kenexa, Taleo, and some others, and all of them charge for the things I want to change or customize, and in most cases, they simply couldn't do it. If they could do it, it would take them months upon months and it would be expensive. With iCIMS, if I have a customization request, it is usually done within a day or two and I have never been charged for anything. This is an amazing strength of theirs that I hope they never change!
  • It's the one-and-only TRUE ATS. This is a true applicant tracking system. iCIMS is not part of a different company that is an HRMS trying to be able to round out their solution offerings by having a recruiting module. They ARE a recruiting module ONLY. The other products only frustrated me because if they were an ATS, as in the case of Taleo or Kenexa, they are owned by a larger organization (in Taleo's case it's Oracle, Kenexa is IBM), and just one tiny line of a very big business. That never works because service is slow, they nickle-and-dime for changes, and they don't know what they are doing when it comes to ATS so they can't offer good solutions. In the case of HRMS systems offering an ATS module, those modules are never good - it's something that is fairly simple so they can say they have an ATS module (as in the case of Ultimate). So if you really want a real ATS, there is no other solution than iCIMS. It integrates with ANY HRMS and it's a great solution for a great price.
  • I am not happy that iCIMS recently changed their job-posting provider. They switched from TalentBrew to JobTarget. It's not as smooth, there are more clicks and steps, and I have a feeling that I'm going to start being charged for this which will make me very unhappy. I miss the ease of TalentBrew.
  • Even though their customer service is fast and great and they still do anything that I ask them to, I have noticed that over the past several months their response time has gotten a little slower. It used to be that they'd get back to me the same day and generally have my customization or problem solved in the same day. Now, it takes a few days. I've had one as long as a week. So if you are really reading this iCIMS - please know that your customer service, ability to do whatever the customer asks and respond fast sets you WAY apart from the rest. Please don't change....tighten it back up. It's still excellent and better than anyone else in the market, but I'd hate to see that slip to average.
Read Jennifer Millman's full review

Job Requisition Management (31)
Company Website Posting (27)
Publish to Social Media (21)
6.1
Job Search Site Posting (26)
Customized Application Form (27)
Resume Management (30)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (29)
Candidate Search (29)
Applicant Tracking (31)
Collaboration (30)
6.2
Task Creation and Delegation (23)
Email Templates (31)
User Permissions (28)
Notifications and Alerts (26)
5.5
Reporting (27)
5.4

About iCIMS

iCIMS' Talent Acquisition Software Suite helps organizations to leverage mobile, social, and video technologies to manage their entire talent-acquisition lifecycle. The single web-based application helps with building talent pools, recruitment-marketing automation, applicant screening, and onboarding.