Reviews (1-25 of 42)
Centrify really bridges the gap for Macs in an enterprise environment. Being able to manage them with group policy has made my job better and will allow us to scale much more efficiently.
We are also using this for SSO in all of our applications. Being able to have our users enter and single, MFA protected portal, is a great experience.
- Single Sign-On has been a great way to get our employees into the systems they need
- Mac AD integration has been a lifesaver for managing Macs with GPOs
- MFA was a smooth and easy roll out
- I haven't had many issues with Centrify to date. The few technical ones have been solved pretty quickly.
Thinking about all the time we have saved using this really makes me chuckle at all the old business practices we used to do.
- It's clean, steady, reliable, and secure.
- It always works which is important.
- It's easy to integrate with other programs, like Zoom.
- Occasionally, I get logged out of Gmail, sometimes in the middle of an email. I'm not sure why it happens, but I think it has something to do with timing out. Which is strange because I'm on email all day. Not sure why.
A very interesting function that is worth noting is the centralization of the "sudo" that in the centrify is called dzdo. This function centralizes and organizes every level of access of users. So the administration happens to be centralized differently than what we have today in our environments with sudo.
- Ease of installation in Linux and Unix environments
- Ease of implementation in Linux and Unix environments
- Update with ease in Linux and Unix environments
- Centralized administration
- Missing options for automation for Linux
- Missing examples in the ADedit documentation for scripting
When you are tired of managing local users and want to maintain an organized and standardized environment you should analyze the use of centrify for your company.
- Very convenient home page to get wherever we need to go
- Even signing in through your phone is very quick and easy
- I kind of wish there was a desktop app instead of using a browser
- Sometimes it makes me log in a couple times
- Implementation of the Centrify solution for federation with Azure/Office 365 takes about 15 minutes versus the several hours it can take to stand up other solutions.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) has granular controls for administrators yet is very easy for our users.
- I have been in the IT field for over 20 years, and the technical support at Centrify is by far the best I have ever encountered.
- Granular Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) works perfectly and is easy to set up and maintain.
- If you ever have to re-federate with Azure/Office 365, it only takes a few minutes, which is amazingly fast in comparison to other solutions we have tried in the past.
- Establishing SAML assertions is well documented and easily accomplished. If you do run into any issues, Centrify technical support will assist you.
- Centrify is excellent about proactively sending communications regarding problems and maintenance releases.
- The Centrify Identity Service solution is constantly being updated and improved to not only bring new features/innovations, but also to make sure that everything is kept safe against the latest security threats.
- As a customer, I truly get the impression that my business is important to Centrify and they try to be a good business partner.
- Centrify listens to suggestions regarding the product development. This is true for suggestions regarding the admin/user interface as well as requests for new features.
- I wish the setup for Centrify MDM with Android for Work was more streamlined like the way they have the Office 365 federation. This may be something that Centrify can't improve since it involves Google.
- We have had a few issues with mobile devices not updating their settings as quickly as we would want.
- I would love to see a client-side application for use with FIDO devices such as YubiKey.
- It's difficult to really provide many cons for Centrify since they trend to be very proactive. At least half the time that I have a suggestion for them, it turns out that they have just released or are about to release the feature I'm requesting. Like I said in the pros section of this review, Centrify has the best support team I have encountered in over 20 years of being an IT professional.
- I would love it if Centrify were to release a hosted SSLVPN solution so that we could get away from needing a dedicated on-prem SSLVPN appliance.
- We appreciate that we can push apps to our entire user base and individuals can add their own.
- This helps us manage shadow IT systems access and deactivation upon termination.
- Even though we don't have a single Active Directory, we were able to create a more seamless experience for our users.
- As much as I like the tool, it is another point of possible failure.
- More apps would be great. I'd like Centrify to be more aggressive in bring more applications into their menu.
- With young non-reading students, once the initial login occurs, Centrify is simple for the students to navigate where they need to go.
- Managing apps on the back end is quick and easy! In a matter a just a few minutes it is ready to deploy.
- Support is amazing!! Everyone is helpful in solving the issue as quickly as possible.
- I cannot think of anything.
Mobility management for tablets in use by various County departments. Increased secure use of mobile devices by providing security configuration with enforcement and ability to wipe device if needed. Remote device location provides ability to locate missing devices and also provides an added security feature allowing us to track and find employees in the field if in distress.
SSO for on premise applications using federation with Active Directory. SSO, user provisioning, and license management for cloud applications.
Provides users with ability to perform Password Reset.
- Easy User Password Reset
- Provisioning and protecting enterprise mobile devices
- Integration with Office 365
- Location services for Centrify administrators should be enhanced
- Centrify browser extension becomes unstable and needs to be reinstalled
Well suited for any applications that are Active Directory integrated.
Cloud applications that require password changes due to inactivity or require passwords to be changed after X number of days.
- It's a common thing for an employee to damage their cell phone or tablet, get it replaced and then add their own device onto our network and set up their email by enrolling it through the Centrify Portal. It really makes my job easier.
- If an employee loses their device, Centrify gives them the ability to lock, wipe, and even locate their device.
- Centrify gives employees the ability to change their AD password easily via the Centrify portal.
- The device enrollment process could be a little better. For the average user and the less than average user the process is a little cumbersome. It could be made a bit easier as it is a little lengthy. For the above average user it is not a problem.
- I think creating a security question should not be an option. It should be mandatory since it is the easiest way to authenticate. If SSO is enabled and a user cannot get into their Office 365 account and does not have their security question set up or a device enrolled then the only option is to send them an email to authenticate then they are locked out and need the help of an administrator.
- Centrify does an excellent job of supporting multiple platforms. Windows, Macs, Linux, iOS and Android are all well supported.
- Ease of use. Centrify is easy and self explanatory for our users. Centrify is also great at integrating non SAML or LDAP systems into its service.
- Centrify does a great job at uptime. The uptime provided is outstanding and ensures our users can always access their systems anywhere.
- Centrify support could use more transparency in its actions. I've made provisioning changes and been burned in the past by them.
- Centrify could support more browsers to integrate apps with.
- Centrify could provide a user focused education platform to help users understand what CIS is and how it helps them.
- Integration, being able to use apple computers in our environment without the usual sticky points
- Security, increased our ability to provide security
- Access, allowed our users to access the information such as team drives, and cross platform cooperative work
- Cloud features could use some small improvements,
- Mobile application integration could be improved
- Easier instruction fro deployment usage would be preferable, or a way to save setup settings
- It's very intuitive - extremely important when trying to get users to do something totally different than they have been used to their whole careers. User acceptability has been extremely high.
- The 'value' of the product is very obvious. The amount of time and resources used to administer access control is sharply down and the level of detailed reports and metrics provides senior management with the information they need.
- Adding legacy internal applications is quite difficult. Some of these are going to be around for a few years yet so it would be nice if they could be added in a much simpler fashion. Perhaps as an alternative, make it possible to add an icon for the legacy app on the SSO portal but it would just take you to the legacy application sign on screen. At least, it would keep all the applications together on one screen.
- Some people still use Blackberries and likely always will so long as that company stays solvent (just saying).
- Centrify makes it simple to ramp up new applications to the Identity Service. Case in point, Office 365 took a fraction of the time to set up when compared to the traditional ADFS configuration.
- Centrify Support and Account Success Management have been far and away the best experience compared to other vendors.
- The ability for Centrify to provision accounts for a couple of critical applications has really helped streamline our account creation and termination process.
- I would like to see more detailed error reporting when it comes to sync reports in order to quickly identify the root cause of directory sync issues.
- Single Sign-On - streamlines access to numerous business applications
- Ease of use - users can seamlessly access applications through Centrify
- License provisioning - with Centrify we can easily assign Office 365 licenses to our employees
- We'd like the ability to have single sign-on to non-SAML applications. More of a screen scrape or learned key entry to other applications.
- The IT administration is very strong and easy. My IT team took to the product very easily.
- The end users love it!
- Actually, we like the product and roadmap. The subscription service change didn't negatively affect us. The cloud implementation also was very good for us.
- Single Sign-on Integration is easy and complete configuration is UI driven with lots of help tips
- RESTFul APIs for Multi-factor Authentication is easy to use and implement. Also, Centrify supports all new Security features for Multi Factor Authentication and hence you can easily select and configure different challenges based on the policies and roles for the user.
- Lots of Built-in reports available for normal day to day auditing.
- Should be flexible to support all industry-wide LDAP solution. Currently, it requires customization if any specific version of LDAP is used.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify)
Idaptive Next-Gen Access Services include the following:
- Single Sign-On Services – Adaptive single-sign on and one-click access to your cloud, mobile and on-premises apps. No more forgotten passwords, no more user confusion.
- MFA Services – A commonsense approach to multi-factor authentication with risk-based policy that does not hinder end-user productivity.
- Lifecycle Management Services – Automatically route application requests, create accounts, manage entitlements within those accounts, and revoke access when necessary. Provision users across apps, all from a central control point.
- Mobility Management Services– Manage mobile devices, secure native mobile apps and provide context for smarter access decisions.
- Endpoint Management Services - Designed to help control access to corporate resources through a zero trust security approach. Bolster endpoint security with cross-platform policy enforcement and leading device security management capabilities.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Screenshots
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Integrations
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Analytics||$3||per user/per month|
|App Gateway||$3||per user/per month|
|Endpoints||$3||per user/per month|
There are multiple factors that influence price, if you would like a rough estimate of your specific use-case please contact us at https://www.centrify.com/about-us/contact.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Computer Based Training|
|On site training|
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||16+ languages|