Reviews (1-25 of 40)
Centrify really bridges the gap for Macs in an enterprise environment. Being able to manage them with group policy has made my job better and will allow us to scale much more efficiently.
We are also using this for SSO in all of our applications. Being able to have our users enter and single, MFA protected portal, is a great experience.
- Single Sign-On has been a great way to get our employees into the systems they need
- Mac AD integration has been a lifesaver for managing Macs with GPOs
- MFA was a smooth and easy roll out
- I haven't had many issues with Centrify to date. The few technical ones have been solved pretty quickly.
Thinking about all the time we have saved using this really makes me chuckle at all the old business practices we used to do.
- It's clean, steady, reliable, and secure.
- It always works which is important.
- It's easy to integrate with other programs, like Zoom.
- Occasionally, I get logged out of Gmail, sometimes in the middle of an email. I'm not sure why it happens, but I think it has something to do with timing out. Which is strange because I'm on email all day. Not sure why.
A very interesting function that is worth noting is the centralization of the "sudo" that in the centrify is called dzdo. This function centralizes and organizes every level of access of users. So the administration happens to be centralized differently than what we have today in our environments with sudo.
- Ease of installation in Linux and Unix environments
- Ease of implementation in Linux and Unix environments
- Update with ease in Linux and Unix environments
- Centralized administration
- Missing options for automation for Linux
- Missing examples in the ADedit documentation for scripting
When you are tired of managing local users and want to maintain an organized and standardized environment you should analyze the use of centrify for your company.
- The IT administration is very strong and easy. My IT team took to the product very easily.
- The end users love it!
- Actually, we like the product and roadmap. The subscription service change didn't negatively affect us. The cloud implementation also was very good for us.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Review: "Centrify Identity Access Management & Multi Factor Authentication"
- Single Sign-on Integration is easy and complete configuration is UI driven with lots of help tips
- RESTFul APIs for Multi-factor Authentication is easy to use and implement. Also, Centrify supports all new Security features for Multi Factor Authentication and hence you can easily select and configure different challenges based on the policies and roles for the user.
- Lots of Built-in reports available for normal day to day auditing.
- Should be flexible to support all industry-wide LDAP solution. Currently, it requires customization if any specific version of LDAP is used.
- The administrative functions have a low learning curve which saves on the administrative overhead.
- There are already thousands of pre-built apps to integrate Centrify with.
- Deployment to the organization was seamless and worked as intended with the apps we went live with.
- Support was a little slow on responding to new cases
- You cannot disable the "Mobile" tab from a users profile meaning they think they have the ability to provision mobile devices and access apps via their mobile device.
- Multiple Active Directory sources
- Provisioning users into connected apps
- Reporting and security policies
- Attribute Mapping
- Online directory for internet down/server down scenarios
- Provisioning requires basic programming/scripting knowledge if you want to include additional user details
- Ease of configuring of apps for SSO
- Ease of deployment to end users
- No issues so far since we implemented the solution four years ago.
- Customer support is great
- Some of the menu tabs don't have a help guide while others do.
- Reports should have the option to be saved in PDF format.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Review: "Centrify Application Services for Sharepoint Online"
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Review: "Great Identity Provider + outstanding technical support"
- flexible usage of authentication rules
- easy to use for users and admins
- great reporting and troubleshooting features
- great support
- admin Portal performance (partial)
- cloud Connector usage (connectors are chosen randomly, not per location)
- logout URL customization
- for any company size, as it is very scalable
- for any company that is looking for an IdP to set up SSO and wants to secure Access to MFA
- for companies that are satisfied with their current, alternative IdP or don't have the need of an IdP (which is hard to believe :))
- Flexible authentication Methods
- Support is excelent
- Flexibility to add additional feature is good
- The conditional access feature to handle office 365 products outside the company individually is missing in our environment. A reason can be, that we are not using the MDM functionality of Centrify.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Review: "Centrify - Worth a Long Look when Searching for Multifactor/SSO"
- Many methods of Multifactor Authentication - a Phone call, SMS text message, security questions, mobile app, etc.
- Top Notch Support - Willing to work on issues until resolved.
- System Up-time and Stability.
- Security-Minded Company.
- Lacks a large application catalog of pre-built solutions to work with many online vendors. Okta and Duo have a larger catalog of pre-built solutions to just click and configure. Centrify lacks this, but their support is great at configuring the applications regardless of the catalog.
- Very convenient home page to get wherever we need to go
- Even signing in through your phone is very quick and easy
- I kind of wish there was a desktop app instead of using a browser
- Sometimes it makes me log in a couple times
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Review: "Centrify - Good Product for Diverse and Growing Company to have singular access to applications!"
- It allows a diverse and geographically separate team to have a single source of knowledge and navigation. In a rapidly growing organization, it allows you to quickly have 1 location to then navigate to HR, Admin, Sales, Expenses, Knowledge Transfer, and other relevant applications
- The strength of Centrify is to have a central single location for information to be accessed.
- I don't see much room for improvement.
- We appreciate that we can push apps to our entire user base and individuals can add their own.
- This helps us manage shadow IT systems access and deactivation upon termination.
- Even though we don't have a single Active Directory, we were able to create a more seamless experience for our users.
- As much as I like the tool, it is another point of possible failure.
- More apps would be great. I'd like Centrify to be more aggressive in bring more applications into their menu.
- With young non-reading students, once the initial login occurs, Centrify is simple for the students to navigate where they need to go.
- Managing apps on the back end is quick and easy! In a matter a just a few minutes it is ready to deploy.
- Support is amazing!! Everyone is helpful in solving the issue as quickly as possible.
- I cannot think of anything.
Mobility management for tablets in use by various County departments. Increased secure use of mobile devices by providing security configuration with enforcement and ability to wipe device if needed. Remote device location provides ability to locate missing devices and also provides an added security feature allowing us to track and find employees in the field if in distress.
SSO for on premise applications using federation with Active Directory. SSO, user provisioning, and license management for cloud applications.
Provides users with ability to perform Password Reset.
- Easy User Password Reset
- Provisioning and protecting enterprise mobile devices
- Integration with Office 365
- Location services for Centrify administrators should be enhanced
- Centrify browser extension becomes unstable and needs to be reinstalled
Well suited for any applications that are Active Directory integrated.
Cloud applications that require password changes due to inactivity or require passwords to be changed after X number of days.
- It's a common thing for an employee to damage their cell phone or tablet, get it replaced and then add their own device onto our network and set up their email by enrolling it through the Centrify Portal. It really makes my job easier.
- If an employee loses their device, Centrify gives them the ability to lock, wipe, and even locate their device.
- Centrify gives employees the ability to change their AD password easily via the Centrify portal.
- The device enrollment process could be a little better. For the average user and the less than average user the process is a little cumbersome. It could be made a bit easier as it is a little lengthy. For the above average user it is not a problem.
- I think creating a security question should not be an option. It should be mandatory since it is the easiest way to authenticate. If SSO is enabled and a user cannot get into their Office 365 account and does not have their security question set up or a device enrolled then the only option is to send them an email to authenticate then they are locked out and need the help of an administrator.
- Centrify does an excellent job of supporting multiple platforms. Windows, Macs, Linux, iOS and Android are all well supported.
- Ease of use. Centrify is easy and self explanatory for our users. Centrify is also great at integrating non SAML or LDAP systems into its service.
- Centrify does a great job at uptime. The uptime provided is outstanding and ensures our users can always access their systems anywhere.
- Centrify support could use more transparency in its actions. I've made provisioning changes and been burned in the past by them.
- Centrify could support more browsers to integrate apps with.
- Centrify could provide a user focused education platform to help users understand what CIS is and how it helps them.
- Integration, being able to use apple computers in our environment without the usual sticky points
- Security, increased our ability to provide security
- Access, allowed our users to access the information such as team drives, and cross platform cooperative work
- Cloud features could use some small improvements,
- Mobile application integration could be improved
- Easier instruction fro deployment usage would be preferable, or a way to save setup settings
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Scorecard Summary
About Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify)
Idaptive Next-Gen Access Services include the following:
- Single Sign-On Services – Adaptive single-sign on and one-click access to your cloud, mobile and on-premises apps. No more forgotten passwords, no more user confusion.
- MFA Services – A commonsense approach to multi-factor authentication with risk-based policy that does not hinder end-user productivity.
- Lifecycle Management Services – Automatically route application requests, create accounts, manage entitlements within those accounts, and revoke access when necessary. Provision users across apps, all from a central control point.
- Mobility Management Services– Manage mobile devices, secure native mobile apps and provide context for smarter access decisions.
- Endpoint Management Services - Designed to help control access to corporate resources through a zero trust security approach. Bolster endpoint security with cross-platform policy enforcement and leading device security management capabilities.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Screenshots
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Integrations
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Competitors
|Analytics||$3||per user/per month|
|App Gateway||$3||per user/per month|
|Endpoints||$3||per user/per month|
There are multiple factors that influence price, if you would like a rough estimate of your specific use-case please contact us at https://www.centrify.com/about-us/contact.
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Computer Based Training|
|On site training|
Idaptive Next-Gen Access (formerly Centrify) Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||16+ languages|