File search (7)
File organization (7)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IDrive, and make your voice heard!
IDrive 360 EndPoint
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $79.50 per year One user, unlimited computers 5TB storage
IDrive offers many different plans for cloud or on-site backup including:
-IDrive Small Business
- Supported: Versioning
- Supported: Document files
- Supported: Image files
- Supported: Video files
- Supported: Audio files
- Supported: File search
- Supported: Device sync
- Supported: Web interface
- Supported: Single sign-on
- Supported: Two-step verification
- Supported: End-user encryption
- Supported: User and role management
- Supported: Strorage limit management
- Supported: File organization
- Supported: Device management
- Supported: Password protected files
- Supported: Performance
- Supported: Reliability
- Supported: Storage Reports
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Cloud storage for my institution's administrative, academic, and logistic sections respectively
- Online backup for daily activity files of institution and teachers activity
- Activities are done remotely.
- Firstly, Security is the big issue for cloud storage because it gives a specific option that is known as a private key which is used for encryption and it is not difficult for anyone with a zero-knowledge cloud backup service
- Secondly, the facility of investing a tiny amount to get huge features than other cloud storage
- Thirdly, I will consider its Photo Backup facility that is managed by a photo manager app for any mobile device because it lets me store unlimited pictures from my mobile device without having any resolution disturbance
- Finally, I can say it is highly reliable for its for a personal as well as a business customer
- It is becomes painfully slow for its unlimited backup when most of the users who use it for long time even for a month. This should be improved.
- There are not many options on the IDrive to select the "AUX" menu, I'm experiencing this problem with my newly bought second hand BMW 3 series E90 32i, 2010 model. There is not external devices alternative for me.
- Restoring an older version of a file is the hardest stuffs for me
- It is easy to set up Unlimited Devices/Account Via mail
- It is possible to upload a bulk amount of data
- Upload speed is Superfast
The app is Excellent for any mobile device, but if we consider its scenarios where it is less appropriate, I think it will be like as follows:
- Not unlimited storage
- It has only basic sharing options
- Cloud backup is fast
- Server backup is functional
- System state backup is a nice feature
- Need to be able to do a full backup of encrypted disks
- Express disk needs better instructions before ordering annual free disk
We have a 4tb server and signed up for a 5tb service. We can’t go over even if we backed up our entire server which we did not. As they backup, they just keep including additional files to backup instead of overwriting the old original file. This keeps your space usage constantly increasing, then they send you an overage bill at the end of the month, no warnings.
- No strengths.
- Unethical company.
- Hit you up with overage charges without any warnings.
- All the other services (Drop Box, Carbonite, Google, etc.) give you warnings before they go over your limit.
- It works seamlessly - Set it up once and forget it.
- There is a desktop app as well as a website to view your data.
- If you need to restore files on a computer that does not have the IDrive app installed - I don't believe it can be done! This should be changed.
- If a file is left open, it will not back up. I would like to see that changed.
- Offers a cloud and a local backup option from the same app.
- Fast upload speed.
- It keeps old files forever, versioning, which helps protect against ransomware.
- Can backup as a disc image.
- Can search and restore for lost data. Makes finding lost files way easier than other solutions.
- You can choose which folders to backup.
- The user interface is very hard to use.
- Setting up for the first time is confusing.
- Does not offer unlimited storage.
IDrive is not for those who want a plug-and-play solution. It takes a bit of time to set up properly but it is worth it.
- Supports external hard drive backups.
- You can support an unlimited number of devices.
- Protects from hard drive crashes.
- You can download your data immediately, in the event your local drives crash.
- The used to send your backed up data overnight on a hard drive (if you needed it). Now, they only have an option to download. I love that you can download your data if you need it. That is great, but I would still love the option to ship an actual hard drive because in some cases there is too much data and downloading it all could take days.
- The UI could use an update/refresh.
- If you are not tech-savvy it's not super obvious how to set things up. It would be helpful for some it were simplified in some aspects.
When iDrive finally got around to uploading the data from the disk they provided, I found that the backup didn't work. It was running at night for 12 hours and backing up files that hadn't been changed. It almost looked like it was doing a full backup rather than incremental. I worked with their Tech Support several times and got to a Tier 2 tech who said that there were others with the same problem and he'd escalate to the "Back End" team for a resolution.
When I didn't hear back, I contacted billing for a refund. They were going to prorate the refund because "they had allocated room on the server for the data they'd uploaded." After threatening to start a dispute through my credit card company, they decided that they'd process a full refund.
- The offline initial backup is great - if it would work.
- The operation of their software.
- Their tech support.
- Their customer support.
- Syncing across multiple devices (a-la-Dropbox)
- Backing up information (cloud backup)
- Could be faster on sync time
- Occasionally needs deleting and re-installing