https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/jf/i3/5THMZIBAF3RT.PNGI can't believe the positive reviews of iDrive. It can't be just me.I tried to use iDrive to backup my PC. However, it didn't work. I went with iDrive because I could do an offline backup to start, which saved me untold hours backing up online. When iDrive finally got around to uploading the data from the disk they provided, I found that the backup didn't work. It was running at night for 12 hours and backing up files that hadn't been changed. It almost looked like it was doing a full backup rather than incremental. I worked with their Tech Support several times and got to a Tier 2 tech who said that there were others with the same problem and he'd escalate to the "Back End" team for a resolution. When I didn't hear back, I contacted billing for a refund. They were going to prorate the refund because "they had allocated room on the server for the data they'd uploaded." After threatening to start a dispute through my credit card company, they decided that they'd process a full refund.,The offline initial backup is great - if it would work.,The operation of their software. Their tech support. Their customer support.,1,Using iDrive has taken too much of my time, having a negative impact on revenue.IDrive is a good value: high functionality and low priceI used iDrive to ensure I could access work across devices and have a backup when needed.,Syncing across multiple devices (a-la-Dropbox) Backing up information (cloud backup),Could be faster on sync time Occasionally needs deleting and re-installing,8,Increased productivity on remote work Reduced downtime when experiencing computer issues,Dropbox,Slack, Apple iCloud, Microsoft Office 2016
IDrive

IDrive Reviews

IDrive

Filter 7 vetted IDrive reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Kathleen Allardyce profile photo
January 18, 2019

I can't believe the positive reviews of iDrive. It can't be just me.

• The offline initial backup is great - if it would work.
  • The operation of their software.
  • Their tech support.
  • Their customer support.
Until they get themselves together, I can't think of a scenario where their service is well suited. But, since that's too short of a response, I'll just have to say that their product isn't well designed. It starts a backup as soon as it is installed without any schedule set. I spent a day talking to my ISP and computer tech trying to figure out why my internet was messed up. Finally, I looked at their software and discovered it was backing up all by itself.
Read Kathleen Allardyce's full review
David Doss profile photo
August 28, 2017

IDrive is a good value: high functionality and low price

• Syncing across multiple devices (a-la-Dropbox)
  • Backing up information (cloud backup)
  • Could be faster on sync time
  • Occasionally needs deleting and re-installing
A good one stop shop for syncing and backup needs. (Can replace Dropbox sync plus cloud storage backup from another service.) Not good in a high-security work environment (e.g. banking). Not the fastest sync service available, but one of the cheapest.
Read David Doss's full review

IDrive Scorecard Summary

Versioning (1)
Video files (1)
Audio files (1)
Access control (1)
File search (1)
Device sync (1)
User and role management (1)
File organization (1)
Device management (1)
Performance (1)
Reliability (1)
Storage Reports (1)

About IDrive

IDrive is a cloud storage and online backup solution. They offer a Basic 5GB plan for free, a Personal plan with 1TB for $44.62/yr, or a Business plan with 250 GB for $74.62/yr.

IDrive Business allows users to create multiple sub-accounts within their storage space, sync files to computers and mobile devices, and share data via email, Facebook, and Twitter. IDrive is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. Business users get installation assistance and priority support.

IDrive Technical Details