IDrive Reviews

Riva Schwartz | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

IDrive Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use IDrive to back up our data from our server and from several personal drives as well. It is important to maintain some sort of cloud back-up and this is very economical.
Read Riva Schwartz's full review
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a freelance photographer and my worst nightmare is to lose all of my images. I have over 15 years of images in my library. Backing up my work is a necessity. I back up my images locally, off-site and on the cloud. I don't update my off-site drive as much as I should It is an external RAID that I am supposed to swap out a single drive and store it off-site every month. I have not done this in over a year. iDrive makes off-site backup easy.
Read Mike Calabro's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used iDrive to back up our desktops and external hard drives. In the past, we were using only an external hard drive to back up all our drives. Unfortunately, we had one of those external hard drives crash and we lost all the data on that drive. It was unrecoverable. So, iDrive solves the problem of having an off-site backup always in the cloud.
Kathleen Allardyce | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I tried to use iDrive to backup my PC. However, it didn't work. I went with iDrive because I could do an offline backup to start, which saved me untold hours backing up online.

When iDrive finally got around to uploading the data from the disk they provided, I found that the backup didn't work. It was running at night for 12 hours and backing up files that hadn't been changed. It almost looked like it was doing a full backup rather than incremental. I worked with their Tech Support several times and got to a Tier 2 tech who said that there were others with the same problem and he'd escalate to the "Back End" team for a resolution.

When I didn't hear back, I contacted billing for a refund. They were going to prorate the refund because "they had allocated room on the server for the data they'd uploaded." After threatening to start a dispute through my credit card company, they decided that they'd process a full refund.

Read Kathleen Allardyce's full review

6.5
File search (4)
Device sync (3)
6.0
User and role management (3)
4.0
Reliability (4)
9.7
Storage Reports (3)

About IDrive

IDrive is a cloud storage and online backup solution. They offer a Basic 5GB plan for free, a Personal plan with 1TB for $44.62/yr, or a Business plan with 250 GB for $74.62/yr.

IDrive Business allows users to create multiple sub-accounts within their storage space, sync files to computers and mobile devices, and share data via email, Facebook, and Twitter. IDrive is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. Business users get installation assistance and priority support.

IDrive Technical Details