September 21, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Read Rahul Dhangar's full review
Pros and Cons
- Troubleshooting problems is very easy due to the server logs, which are maintained by default in Microsoft IIS.
- Awesome integration with Visual Studio and dot NET applications.
- Best performance with Microsoft tools and services, because of its native nature with them.
- Microsoft IIS' performance, in comparison with lean web-servers like Nginx and Apache, has a lot of room for improvement.
- Since it is a non-open source solution and a proprietary Microsoft software, it is tied with Microsoft Windows OS, which is prone to new security vulnerabilities on a frequent basis.
- The logging of errors is very vague in nature sometimes, which makes it difficult to get to the root cause of the error, and means it takes more time in debugging.