Reviews (1-1 of 1)
This is currently used as a database monitor to monitor activity in all of our critical databases. We monitor transactions, log activity, user activity, and all edits, adds, drops, inserts, etc.
- Alerts when suspicious activity is detected
- Records all database transactions for analysis
- Determines activities in stored procedures
- Alerts require a lot of tuning to get actionable intelligence
- Certain common encryption ciphers are incompatible with Imperva and have to be disabled at the server level
- Technical support is sometimes a little hard to work with
Read Jennifer Greulich, GSED, GSEC's full review
Imperva is great to monitor when new users access a database and will monitor when there are unauthorized users or activity is occurring. Imperva is not well suited to interpret whether an activity is unauthorized or not. The administrator has to be familiar with what the organization determines as good or bad traffic.
Imperva Data Security Scorecard Summary
About Imperva Data Security
Imperva Data Security (formerly SecureSphere for Data) is an enterprise application and file security suite, combining database and file security management and monitoring under its database.
Categories: Database Security
Imperva Data Security Technical Details