Import.io Reviews

I primarily used import.io as a means to refresh feeds used for digital marketing within Google adwords in addition to similar digital strategy. It is essentially a scraper that can be set up within minutes without the need to learn or maintain code of any kind. It was initially free with a desktop application.
  • Scrapes specific parts of webpages
  • Crawls pages and scrapes based on patterns you specify via examples
  • Very effective and accurate when it comes to scraping data of large URL lists
  • Pricing needs to be addressed immediately , this use to be free and so helpful
  • A desktop application needs to be reintroduced since it recently went all cloud based
  • Additional scraping features would be nice to see when compared to other open source competitors
Import.io excels greatly at being able to execute a scraping campaign for your needs within only a few minutes. It is appropriate if you need to be able to scrape data of a large or small scale on a daily basis. Once you've created a scraping crawler you can just execute it and come back after lunch to enjoy your data without second guessing the accuracy of it.
We used the Import.io service to crawl a website for meta tags before translations.
  • It promised to be super easy to use - no coding needed at all.
  • It requires coding for the exact thing we needed it to do. It promised this was not the case.
We needed it to do one thing - get metadata from a website. It was able to do this, but only with the help of their support who had to write code for us. The pricing was way off and the sales way too aggressive, which resulted in the product under performing.
As a teaching assistant for the College of Information sciences and Technology, we used Connotate as a data mining tool for web research. I used it in my own research as well as you could train agents to automatically gather data in a variety of ways. The analysis Connotate did was not as useful to me as the data itself, as we were not using it for decision making, but for informing us of trends.
  • Data collection.
  • Collaboration with a team.
  • Stability. software frequently crashed previously.
  • Training. Students had a had time understanding how to use the tool, and then where to use it.
It is very easy to use for building a web agent, compared to writing a script oneself. If you need a massive amount of web data collected, I would suggest this tool. I did not find it useful for alerts to particular news events, but I was not using it in that way. I would definitely recommend to students.

About Import.io

Import.io is a website data importing or web scraping service, from the company of the same name headquartered in Saratoga. In February 2019 Import.io acquired Connnotate, another web scraping service. Connotate is now part of Import.io.