Reviews (1-9 of 9)
- Ease of tracking cost throughout the estimate - The software enables the user to quickly pull up reports and verify, crew hours, equipment hours and the total cost of these items. We can look at our labor and equipment budget on a project in a matter of seconds.
- Pay item and Proposal Screen columns - This enables the user to quickly look at the overall estimate from a cost and margin standpoint. There are a lot of features to choose from in the columns which give the user choices to share in a group setting when reviewing the final bid proposal. some key elements that we like to use are: Total Cost, Margin, Forecast Qty, Subtotal Amount, Subtotal Description, Lock Price, and Rounding Precision.
- PBS Screen - This screen is a great resource for quick snapshots at direct and indirect costs on a project. We also use subcontractor and vendor status frequently.
- Job Properties - This is ultimately one of the best features in the software, it lays the groundwork for each project and gives any user the background for the project.
- It is hard for someone who does not use the software to understand. I have found over the years that if you do not use In-Eight on a daily basis it is very confusing to show a non-user what is going on.
- It takes a long time for someone to be proficient in the software, I have a college graduate from USC who has a high learning capability and he struggles with it.
- Understanding the information on the screens, a lot of people have a hard time digesting the information on most of the pages.
- Listen to what people want.
- Constantly improving functionality.
- Flexibility and customization of the modules to suit the project.
- The graphical user interface could be improved.
- Looking forward to better linkability between modules.
Cases are closed before resolution provided.
- Customer support for all queries.
- Navigation of the platform.
- Help tutorials with instructional videos.
- Focused training on particular issues rather than a generalized overview.
- List of customizations available to the platform with estimated costs for implementation.
- Revision setup with the review process could be automated further.
- XL Upload tool is fantastic
- Bulk upload and editing metadata
- Fully customisable
- We would like to be able to workflow documents without them being restrained or maybe have a view that shows restrained and unrestrained as latest/current. We treat our Project Contractor's "As Received" documents as the latest/current whether we've completed our review or not.
- We'd like users not to be able to reply to the transmittal system generated email address as emails go into unregistered mail
- Documents - Comments Register - Request to have Default values available for specific fields
- When we issue reviewed Contractor documents to Teambinder - External Contacts they are required to download the document, download comments (if applicable) and if we've made redline mark ups click on Red Magnifying glass and print document to PDF (and this won't include any comments made with mark up note). They could end up with 3 separate files per document. Also, on the sent transmittal after you select "Download all Transmittal files" button, the "Download All" button only downloads the documents and the "Download Comments" button doesn't include comments made by redline markup. I don't believe this supports the "single source of truth" and could easily lead to confusion. How can I be confident our minor service providers, third parties, government departments etc. will download and use the correct "as returned" version of the document, for example, if it's a drawing we've assigned review code 2 or 3 too they need the drawing and comments to use. TeamBinder document review options consist of:
- Download: (mark up a hardcopy scan and upload it as an attachment), Redlines: mark up (red-line) the document and make text comments and Text comments: Click the Add/Edit link in the Comments column to add electronic comments to the documents. Teambinder transmittal "Download Comments" should include ALL comments no matter which combination of review options was used. We don't use redlines as we cannot ask our external recipients to produce their own PDF's.
- Fast uploading, registering and transmitting project documentation
- Responsive to client requests
- Has a local office
- Flexible to work with
- No consistent process to create an instance, each time an instance is created some functionality is missing. We have discussed this with InEight and they are working with us to improve the process.
- Lack of knowledge in the large infrastructure project space.
- InEight documents allows our organisation to track the progress of workflows, providing timely notification of any delays or bottlenecks.
- InEight allows us to management scope and cost change with the change management functionality.
- InEight Document provides excellent integration with Outlook which significantly improves user satisfaction.
- The design review functionality is acceptable, but could benefit from the ability to generate review logs by design package. This would allow managers to track the comments and dispositions.
InEight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is InEight?
InEight provides project management software for owners, contractors, engineers and architects. The vendor states over 300,000 users and more than 750 customers worldwide rely on InEight for real-time insights that help manage risk and keep projects on schedule and under budget across the entire life cycle. From pre-planning to design, from estimating to scheduling, and from field execution to turnover, InEight has supported more than $400 billion in projects globally across infrastructure, public sector, energy and power, oil, gas and chemical, mining, and commercial.
InEight software is built on an open, modular technology platform that drives integration with other systems. This is so as to ensure project stakeholders have the real-time information and insights needed to control costs, minimize risks and improve operational efficiency. InEight solutions focus on project cost management, field execution, project administration, and document management and control.
InEight Videos (7)
Watch In this video, see a brief overview of InEight Basis. The tool helps utilize Human Intelligence to deliver a plan calibrated by historical knowledge, productivity rates and standards, and validated by experts in the field.
InEight Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
InEight Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac, Cloud-based, accessible via browser|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish|