Infinite Campus headquartered in Blaine offers their student information system (SIS) to educational institutions, boasting onboarding support, parent and student portal, grade book and academic planner, and access to the platform's inbuilt LMS Campus Learning.Infinite Campus offers infinite possibilities for useInfinite Campus is being used across our whole organization for all our teachers and administration. It allows us to have all our grades (transferred from GradPoint) and progress in one program. We then take that data (as administrators) and transfer it into our pacing guides (spreadsheets created by our site director) for all our students. It also allows us to track their progress in getting to and finishing their USA Test Prep for their Milestone/EOC courses and their EOC percentages. As a special education teacher, it is also my portal to GO-IEP for my special education students. As administrators, we also utilize the reports/student summary/show assignment detail to generate reports for each of our students which correlates with our Course Completion Forms utilized by our counselors. So as you can see, it is utilized by many departments throughout our organization. A very useful tool, if albeit a bit hard to navigate/find what you're looking for in the gradebook, simply because there is SO much data held there.,It provides all your tracking/progress date in one place. Very comprehensive. Ability to generate complete and detailed progress reports for each of our students. Allows our team to utilize the data and transfer it to our own pacing spreadsheets for each group of students we are tracking. And as a special education teacher, I use it as a portal to my GO-IEP program, which is invaluable.,The Gradebook is just so busy, even though it does contain all the grades/information you need, I find it very hard to find data/information just because of the sheer numbers and drop downs that I have to go through to get to what I want. Not very user-friendly for first time users - takes many tries and searching around to get to where you want. Gets easier as you use it, but they could attempt to make it more user-friendly for the novice/first time users. I'd like to see the drop-down menu for the classes broken up into separate folders/files for each group (ie. ELA, Social Studies, Science, Math). Then it wouldn't be just rows and rows of classes that make my eyes run them all together and hard to find the ONE I am looking for.,8,Positive impact: Allows us to keep our pacing guides up to date for weekly meetings and information dissemination. Positive impact: Allows us to provide our counselors, students, and parents with informative progress reports in a timely manner. Negative impact: Takes more time away from our other duties when it takes so long to find the data/information I'm looking for amongst all the classes I need to go through just to get to the one I need. They really should look at a better way to arrange/group the drop down menu for the classes.,Gradelink Student Information System,GradPointInfinite Campus offers infinite possibilities for tracking student dataWe use Infinite Campus (IC) in our district to track our students' grades, discipline, communication with parents, attendance, assessment scores on standardized tests, special needs, medical needs, and behavioural needs. Students can check IC daily for their grades, missing assignments, who marked them absent or tardy, if a grade has been entered or a new assignment posted. Teachers enter their grades on IC, send mass communications to parents and students via messenger, check a student's attendance, monitor their needs based on their scores on tests such as ACCESS for ELLs. IC also allows specific students to be flagged according to programs they participate in such as AVID or Pathways, if they have an IEP on file, allergies. It's a one-stop location for students' information. Parents can also access their students grades via the IC portal and can request to receive alerts or updates on their students attendance or missing work.,Great for attendance. Mark a student absent and that night their guardian gets a robocall. Easy to use for grading. Easy template for students to understand, what has been entered, what is due, what is missing. Nice feature for teachers is that it will generate a missing assignment report for individual students that you can hand out for them to see. Generates updates for students that sign up to be sent a text message to their phones. Very effective for alerting them that something is missing, or that they have been marked absent. Sometimes after I take attendance, a student decides to come to class, after receiving a text alert I have marked them absent. Fairly easy to set up the grade book. You can enter weighted categories and control how you weight each quarter or set it up as a semester long grade book. (trickier but still possible) Nice feature lets you turn missing boxes red vs completed ones green so its easy to see trends on individual students.,Sometimes the messenger function gets sticky. It tells me the password is wrong when it isn't and sends me a message to change it, but when I try to change it, I get another message that I need to consult a systems administrator which should not be necessary for a password change. There used to be a field where I could enter a lengthier description of an assignment. This disappeared this year, and it' too bad because it was a useful feature for parents and for support staff who wanted to help a student complete some work but they really don't know what the project required. The 5 character field on the brief description is very limiting to me when in my gradebook. I give multiple assignments in a quarter with similar descriptions and 5 characters aren't enough to differentiate them.,9,More effective tracking of students information. Great tool for students to self monitor. Has reduced parent inquiries via email as to how a student is doing bc they can see it for themselves.,Best in Breed SISInfinite Campus is a best-in-breed student information system. This system is used by all of our schools and administrative personnel. Campus provides us with the structured data we need to guide system-wide decisions -- and more importantly, gives our teachers instructionally actionable data.,Infinite Campus is structured and designed with best practice teaching and learning in mind. The Infinite Campus database structure, while complex, provides flexibility. The technical support with Infinite Campas has been excellent -- any issues are addressed quickly and the product is very stable.,While they have improved over the years, Infinite Campus is still a bit difficult to deeply integrate with other products. It is a complex product with a steep learning curve.,10,Infinite Campus gives us the data structured in such a way that we can provide instructionally actionable (timely) data for our teachers.,PowerSchool Student Information System,G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Tableau ServerInfinite Campus is perfection!It is utilized to input and check grades by teachers as well as a student grade resource. It solves parents ever questioning what has or has not been turned in or graded.,Instant updates. When grades are input, students and parents alike receive instant updates! Easy access. Infinite Campus is readily available and extremely easy to use on a variety of platforms. Easy to use. I don't believe there has ever been an easier grade book!,There is nothing that I have found that needs to be improved upon. Seriously, Infinite Campus is my favorite gradebook to utilize. Infinite Campus has changed the way I utilize grading and communication with parents.,10,Google Classroom,Google ClassroomTrying to keep up with Infinite CampusMy school district uses infinite campus for attendance and grading. It is also commonly used to print reports, seating charts, and rosters. I use it to record students' results on physical fitness testing.,Just when I think I'm getting to know infinite campus well, something else comes up that it is used for. I use it for emailing my parents. It is a great communicator. I am able to send a message to 150 students with a click of the mouse. I print out a blank roster and will have students record the their scores out in the field, like the mile run, for example. I print out a grade report and take it to parent conferences.,I always seem to have a hard time setting up infinite campus at the beginning of the school year. Hopefully I will get better so it's not a hassle.,8,I'm not sure about this.,,Infinite Campus, iContact, Facebook for Business
Infinite Campus

Infinite Campus Reviews

Infinite Campus
Filter 9 vetted Infinite Campus reviews and ratings
Michele Roy profile photo
November 13, 2018

Review: "Infinite Campus offers infinite possibilities for use"

• It provides all your tracking/progress date in one place. Very comprehensive.
  • Ability to generate complete and detailed progress reports for each of our students.
  • Allows our team to utilize the data and transfer it to our own pacing spreadsheets for each group of students we are tracking.
  • And as a special education teacher, I use it as a portal to my GO-IEP program, which is invaluable.
  • The Gradebook is just so busy, even though it does contain all the grades/information you need, I find it very hard to find data/information just because of the sheer numbers and drop downs that I have to go through to get to what I want.
  • Not very user-friendly for first time users - takes many tries and searching around to get to where you want. Gets easier as you use it, but they could attempt to make it more user-friendly for the novice/first time users.
  • I'd like to see the drop-down menu for the classes broken up into separate folders/files for each group (ie. ELA, Social Studies, Science, Math). Then it wouldn't be just rows and rows of classes that make my eyes run them all together and hard to find the ONE I am looking for.
Good for generating progress reports and tracking when we have to report date at meetings and to 'higher ups' and also to send the progress reports to the parents and as part of student's IEPs; hard to find where to put your data, and then hard to find it with so many classes listed in only one drop-down menu. I really feel this could be done better/easier for us to utilize and find what we want faster and more efficient. That is why I only gave it a rating of 8.
Read Michele Roy's full review
Barbara Davis profile photo
November 18, 2018

Review: "Infinite Campus offers infinite possibilities for tracking student data"

• Great for attendance. Mark a student absent and that night their guardian gets a robocall.
  • Easy to use for grading. Easy template for students to understand, what has been entered, what is due, what is missing. Nice feature for teachers is that it will generate a missing assignment report for individual students that you can hand out for them to see.
  • Generates updates for students that sign up to be sent a text message to their phones. Very effective for alerting them that something is missing, or that they have been marked absent. Sometimes after I take attendance, a student decides to come to class, after receiving a text alert I have marked them absent.
  • Fairly easy to set up the grade book. You can enter weighted categories and control how you weight each quarter or set it up as a semester long grade book. (trickier but still possible) Nice feature lets you turn missing boxes red vs completed ones green so its easy to see trends on individual students.
  • Sometimes the messenger function gets sticky. It tells me the password is wrong when it isn't and sends me a message to change it, but when I try to change it, I get another message that I need to consult a systems administrator which should not be necessary for a password change.
  • There used to be a field where I could enter a lengthier description of an assignment. This disappeared this year, and it' too bad because it was a useful feature for parents and for support staff who wanted to help a student complete some work but they really don't know what the project required.
  • The 5 character field on the brief description is very limiting to me when in my gradebook. I give multiple assignments in a quarter with similar descriptions and 5 characters aren't enough to differentiate them.
This program works well for high school students, especially as a means to share information amidst a large population of educational professionals, parents and students. It has easy internet access from anywhere, kids can even use an app on their phones.
Read Barbara Davis's full review
Craig Barnum profile photo
November 18, 2018

Infinite Campus Review: "Best in Breed SIS"

• Infinite Campus is structured and designed with best practice teaching and learning in mind.
  • The Infinite Campus database structure, while complex, provides flexibility.
  • The technical support with Infinite Campas has been excellent -- any issues are addressed quickly and the product is very stable.
  • While they have improved over the years, Infinite Campus is still a bit difficult to deeply integrate with other products.
  • It is a complex product with a steep learning curve.
In my opinion, Infinite Campus is the best SIS product in the K12 space: robust, full-featured, and stable.
Read Craig Barnum's full review
Casey Erway profile photo
November 18, 2018

User Review: "Infinite Campus is perfection!"

• Instant updates. When grades are input, students and parents alike receive instant updates!
  • Easy access. Infinite Campus is readily available and extremely easy to use on a variety of platforms.
  • Easy to use. I don't believe there has ever been an easier grade book!
  • There is nothing that I have found that needs to be improved upon.
  • Seriously, Infinite Campus is my favorite gradebook to utilize.
  • Infinite Campus has changed the way I utilize grading and communication with parents.
It is the perfect tool for teachers, students, and parents to keep tabs on academic progress and achievement. There is literally no excuse for students to ask what they are missing because it updates in real time. Parents also have instant access to their mobile devices or emails to their child's academic performance.
Read Casey Erway's full review
Delbert Adair profile photo
November 07, 2018

User Review: "Trying to keep up with Infinite Campus"

My school district uses Infinite Campus for attendance and grading. It is also commonly used to print reports, seating charts, and rosters. I use it to record students' results on physical fitness testing.
  • Just when I think I'm getting to know Infinite Campus well, something else comes up that it is used for. I use it for emailing my parents. It is a great communicator. I am able to send a message to 150 students with a click of the mouse.
  • I print out a blank roster and will have students record the their scores out in the field, like the mile run, for example.
  • I print out a grade report and take it to parent conferences.
  • I always seem to have a hard time setting up Infinite Campus at the beginning of the school year. Hopefully I will get better so it's not a hassle.
Parents want to know what students' grades are. I can give parents points possible and points earned from every daily and weekly activity throughout the year.
Read Delbert Adair's full review
Sheila-Shira Reiss profile photo
June 08, 2018

Infinite Campus Review: "Makes life easier for busy teachers"

My school district uses Infinite Campus to track attendance grades, class schedules, test scores for national and state assessments as well as the Colorado English Proficiency Test scores. Communications with parents is also entered into Infinite Campus. There is also a red flag which identifies if a child is a second language learner or in special education. It is also used as a Parent Portal where parents can see academic information about their child, including contact information, attendance, grades and class schedules.
  • Infinite Campus provides an easy way for teachers and staff to enter pertinent academic information including contact information, attendance, grades, class schedules and test scores
  • Provides easy access for any staff member in the district to share information between schools especially for transfer students in the same district
  • Very user friendly; easy to enter information
  • Parents sometimes do not find it user friendly and need to be trained on how to access information
  • Sometimes the system becomes overloaded when too many people are using it simultaneously, but that may be a district problem
It is well suited for gathering educational information needed for each student in one place. Having attendance, grades and testing scores in one place makes it easy to access information. It is not appropriate to try and enter more detailed special education information although students are flagged if they are second language learners or in special education. When a child is only receiving speech therapy, there is a flag that the child is in special education which can confuse their teachers.
Read Sheila-Shira Reiss's full review