Infinite Campus headquartered in Blaine offers their student information system (SIS) to educational institutions, boasting onboarding support, parent and student portal, grade book and academic planner, and access to the platform's inbuilt LMS Campus Learning.
- Roster Management (5)8.787%
- Platform Customization (5)7.676%
- Teacher and Parent Mobile Application (5)7.676%
- Teacher Self-Service (5)7.373%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Infinite Campus, and make your voice heard!
Aspects of student management that entail faculty or administration's management of student data and related regulatory requirements.
- 8.4Integrations with 3rd-Party Education Technology(3) Ratings
The student management system can send and receive data from other educational systems with little to no manual steps required.
- 9.2Online Registration Management(4) Ratings
The system supports administrative setup and management of registration processes, and allows students to register for classes online.
- 8.4District Communications, such as messaging and alerting(4) Ratings
The platform supports communications district-wide and/or with between specific individuals. Examples include alerts, announcements, and direct messaging between faculty and parents.
- 8.7Roster Management(5) Ratings
Faculty and administrators can view, edit, and update their class rosters effectively.
- 7.6Platform Customization(5) Ratings
The student management system can be adjusted or customized to fit specific or unique needs of the school.
- 7.3Teacher Self-Service(5) Ratings
Teachers can easily navigate and work within the system without requiring IT personnel or specialized skills for recurring activities.
- 9.2Student Data Security(4) Ratings
The system has security checks and technology in place to prevent unauthorized access to, editing of, or leaking of sensitive student data
- 8.5Community Support(4) Ratings
There are community resources from other users of the platform to help users troubleshoot and optimize their use of the system.
- 9.4Class Scheduling(4) Ratings
Administrators can easily set up and manage class schedules for the school prior to course registration windows.
- 8.8State and National-level Reporting(4) Ratings
The system provides prebuilt reports or build-your-own reporting tools for necessary state and national-level reports.
- 9.5Compliance Support(4) Ratings
The effectiveness of resources, tools, and in-platform processes for maintaining and demonstrating regulatory compliance.
- 7.6Teacher and Parent Mobile Application(5) Ratings
Teachers and parents can use a mobile application to access their students' data and update some information remotely.
- Tech Details
- Has all components necessary when addressing the particular areas of content needed for school staff.
- Has a basic structure to it where it is somewhat easy to use and operate within.
- Infinite Campus has a wide range of possible places to locate student and data information, allowing it to be the main source of use for a teacher like myself.
- Infinite Campus has a non-intuitive software, which could be more simplistic and user friendly.
- Infinite Campus has a non-inviting/an unwarm color scheme/font display/theme/background
- This software could make it more easy to identify the categories in which specific webpages are available.
- Save information
- Share information
- Upload tests and grades
- Direct messaging system documentation
- Allow bulk assigment
- Better design
- It provides all tracking.
- All information is at one place.
- Login difficult.
- Allow bulk assignment.
- Sometimes, a feature will be available for free and then later free removed and charged as an add-on.
- Data Information Bank.
- Online gradebook.
- Direct messaging system documentation.
- More teacher level report options.
- Houses student data for easy look up
- Helps with rosters/attendance
- Information is stored in one place
- Provides detailed reports for specific schools or the whole district
- Running reports with less steps
- Easier data entry
- Making student data easier to find
- It provides all your tracking/progress date in one place. Very comprehensive.
- Ability to generate complete and detailed progress reports for each of our students.
- Allows our team to utilize the data and transfer it to our own pacing spreadsheets for each group of students we are tracking.
- And as a special education teacher, I use it as a portal to my GO-IEP program, which is invaluable.
- The Gradebook is just so busy, even though it does contain all the grades/information you need, I find it very hard to find data/information just because of the sheer numbers and drop downs that I have to go through to get to what I want.
- Not very user-friendly for first time users - takes many tries and searching around to get to where you want. Gets easier as you use it, but they could attempt to make it more user-friendly for the novice/first time users.
- I'd like to see the drop-down menu for the classes broken up into separate folders/files for each group (ie. ELA, Social Studies, Science, Math). Then it wouldn't be just rows and rows of classes that make my eyes run them all together and hard to find the ONE I am looking for.
- It is very clean (not cluttered with information and buttons)
- It keeps all personal information in one spot
- The message center is helpful, and it is easy to see when there is a new message
- The breakdown of attendance is done very well
- Signing up was difficult
- Logging in took time to figure out in the beginning
- I wish it had more information like test results or grades
- It's not visually appealing (very plain and boring)
- Parent and Student Portal.
- Integration with other products.
- State Reporting (although largely related to state requirements).
- Use of "white space" in some areas.
- Stores data.
- Allows communication.
- Make the grade book easier to use.
- Allow for bulk assignment creation.
- Has flexibility for user needs
- Is very reliable
- Would love to be able to personalize my home screen for each time I log in
- Would love for it to be more intuitive when in assignment mode based on what class Section I’m in.
- Infinite Campus sends out notifications timely without the delay that other systems sometimes encounter. This is important for students and when the end of semester deadlines loom.
- Infinite Campus is user-friendly from both the administrative side to the end-user side. It's intuitive and well documented.
- Infinite Campus does not integrate seamlessly with our learning management system. This is a big deal in that using Infinite Campus means our faculty and staff are asked to do more (fatigue) and there is more room for error to occur.
- Infinite Campus' platform is not visually appealing nor does the site design use enough colors and distinction to clearly convey progress to a user.
Having online registration greatly speeds up our enrollment process and allows us to be nearly paper-free. The online payments are directed to the appropriate accounts quickly and with few issues. The updated student and parent portal apps are moving in the right direction for those users.
- The support ticket system works well. It is important to have a good process in place for issues with a product.
- Online registration has been incorporated as an interface that is controlled by the user and no longer requires assistance (at cost) from the vendor.
- The fee payment integration allows families to pay fees right through the portal for a convenience fee the district decides.
- Between the monthly updates, there are MANY more RX packs that can be used for updating. These mainly consist of fixes to state reporting issues. Sometimes a district could update weekly or more often to keep up.
- The user interface is gradually being converted to the same look on all pages. Instead of this type of change, an all-at-once approach would have been preferred.
- Many times, a feature will be available for free and then later removed and charged as an add on. Users who get used to this functionality are then forced to no longer use it or request that the district pay even MORE money to have that feature available.
- Student data tracking (demographics, grades, schedule, attendance, and much more).
- Ad Hoc filter creation for any combination of data in the system.
- It simplifies state and federal reporting.
- Ad-hoc items are mapped to HTML ID tags and it is sometimes hard to find the proper item.
- Infinite Campus is great for tracking attendance. The students are listed alphabetically and the user can mark them Present, Absent, or Tardy. Infinite Campus also tracks how many days students have been in school down to the period.
- Infinite Campus is also great for inputting grades. We use a standards-based grading system, so all the assignments are broken down by standards. It really helps the students know what they have mastered and what they still need to improve upon.
- Infinite Campus also does wonders for behavior tracking. When students get a referral, there are many options for the teachers to put from, so the referral goes to the right person and the consequence matches the act. Teachers can also see specifically what happened and how long a student will be out (if they are suspended).
- Infinite Campus could improve on the reports available. The information teachers want on certain reports aren't always available, or they are hard to find.
- Infinite Campus is also missing the ability to add multiple teachers to classes. Some classes have two teachers in the room, but only one teacher shows up on their schedule.
- Infinite Campus should also have an email function to easily contact parents. It would be a lot easier if we could just click on the parents' email address and send an email right from the screen.
- Great for attendance. Mark a student absent and that night their guardian gets a robocall.
- Easy to use for grading. Easy template for students to understand, what has been entered, what is due, what is missing. Nice feature for teachers is that it will generate a missing assignment report for individual students that you can hand out for them to see.
- Generates updates for students that sign up to be sent a text message to their phones. Very effective for alerting them that something is missing, or that they have been marked absent. Sometimes after I take attendance, a student decides to come to class, after receiving a text alert I have marked them absent.
- Fairly easy to set up the grade book. You can enter weighted categories and control how you weight each quarter or set it up as a semester long grade book. (trickier but still possible) Nice feature lets you turn missing boxes red vs completed ones green so its easy to see trends on individual students.
- Sometimes the messenger function gets sticky. It tells me the password is wrong when it isn't and sends me a message to change it, but when I try to change it, I get another message that I need to consult a systems administrator which should not be necessary for a password change.
- There used to be a field where I could enter a lengthier description of an assignment. This disappeared this year, and it' too bad because it was a useful feature for parents and for support staff who wanted to help a student complete some work but they really don't know what the project required.
- The 5 character field on the brief description is very limiting to me when in my gradebook. I give multiple assignments in a quarter with similar descriptions and 5 characters aren't enough to differentiate them.
- Infinite Campus is structured and designed with best practice teaching and learning in mind.
- The Infinite Campus database structure, while complex, provides flexibility.
- The technical support with Infinite Campas has been excellent -- any issues are addressed quickly and the product is very stable.
- While they have improved over the years, Infinite Campus is still a bit difficult to deeply integrate with other products.
- It is a complex product with a steep learning curve.
- Instant updates. When grades are input, students and parents alike receive instant updates!
- Easy access. Infinite Campus is readily available and extremely easy to use on a variety of platforms.
- Easy to use. I don't believe there has ever been an easier grade book!
- There is nothing that I have found that needs to be improved upon.
- Seriously, Infinite Campus is my favorite gradebook to utilize.
- Infinite Campus has changed the way I utilize grading and communication with parents.
- Just when I think I'm getting to know Infinite Campus well, something else comes up that it is used for. I use it for emailing my parents. It is a great communicator. I am able to send a message to 150 students with a click of the mouse.
- I print out a blank roster and will have students record the their scores out in the field, like the mile run, for example.
- I print out a grade report and take it to parent conferences.
- I always seem to have a hard time setting up Infinite Campus at the beginning of the school year. Hopefully I will get better so it's not a hassle.
- Infinite Campus provides an easy way for teachers and staff to enter pertinent academic information including contact information, attendance, grades, class schedules and test scores
- Provides easy access for any staff member in the district to share information between schools especially for transfer students in the same district
- Very user friendly; easy to enter information
- Parents sometimes do not find it user friendly and need to be trained on how to access information
- Sometimes the system becomes overloaded when too many people are using it simultaneously, but that may be a district problem