InfluxDB is being used by some department of our company as a time-series database. We use that to monitor the infrastructure we have on cloud and InfluxDB is also hosted on cloud server. Once there is an event triggered, the event will be stored in InfluxDB for future reference use.
- Perfect handling telemetry data.
- Low latency, near real time.
- SQL-like language makes it easier to query.
- Query return can sometime out of order.
- Some operations can be hard to execute, like delete function.
- Have to be aware of timely order to have a good performance.
One part of our event-driven architecture on cloud is to implement real-time event logging. We have looked into different products on the market and found InfluxDB being the perfect balance between cost and efficiency. We had a small size proof of concept and decided that was what we wanted to go with. And so far it is working great with our other components on cloud.