We adopted BIRST to be used as the enterprise BI solution so all departments with enterprise BI needs would use BIRST.
We use BIRST Cloud …
Our SaaS offering is a mobile application that allows users to fill out …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Drill-down analysis (78)8.080%
- Customizable dashboards (77)8.080%
- Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (72)8.080%
- Formatting capabilities (77)7.070%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Infor Birst, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
Infor Birst is a BI product that enables a single view of data and eliminate data silos. Additionally, decentralized teams and individual users can augment this shared analytic fabric with their own local data, without compromising data governance. This consistency comes from a unified semantic layer, which maintains common definitions and key metrics, no matter where users sit.
Birst achieves Networked BI through a 2-tier architecture that aligns back-end enterprise data with line-of-business or local, edge data. Birst’s Automated Data Refinement extracts data from any source (data stores, applications, warehouses, big data, and unstructured external sources) into a unified semantic layer. The result is a consistent view that enables users with self-service analytics through dashboards, reporting, visual discovery, mobile tools, and predictive analytics. Birst Open Client Interface also offers integration with Tableau, Excel and R.
Birst goes to market in two primary ways:
- Direct, for enterprises using Birst for analytics on internal data to drive improved business outcomes
- Embedded, for all size companies who offer data (analytics) products, by embedding and white-labeling Birst capabilities into their products
Birst’s product is packaged in 3 available formats:
- Platform and per-user fee
- By Department or Business Unit
- By end-customer (for embedded scenarios)
- Supported: Administration via Windows App
- Supported: Administration via MacOS App
- Supported: Administration via Web Interface
- Supported: Live Connection to External Data
- Supported: Snapshot of External Data
- Supported: In-memory data model
- Supported: OLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
- Supported: ROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
- Supported: Multi-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
- Supported: Data warehouse / dictionary layer
- Supported: ETL Capability
- Supported: ETL Scheduler
- Supported: MS Excel Workbooks
- Supported: Text Files (CSV, etc)
- Supported: Oracle
- Supported: MS SQL Server
- Supported: IBM DB2
- Supported: Postgres
- Supported: MySQL
- Supported: ODBC
- Supported: Cloudera Hadoop
- Supported: Hortonworks Hadoop
- Supported: EMC Greenplum
- Supported: IBM Netezza
- Supported: HP Vertica
- Supported: ParAccel
- Supported: SAP Hana
- Supported: Teradata
- Supported: Salesforce
- Supported: SAP
- Supported: Google Analytics
- Supported: Pixel Perfect reports
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Integration with R or other statistical packages
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to Web
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Output Raw Supporting Data
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Support for Machine Learning models
- Supported: Integration with R or other statistical packages
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Field-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Mobile Application
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- InsideSales.com / XANT Predictive Pipeline (discontinued)
- Entrinsik Informer
- IBM Cognos Analytics with Watson
- Mediafly Intelligence360
- TIBCO Jaspersoft
- Knowledge360 from Cipher
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Public
- Tableau Server
- Chartio (discontinued)
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform
- Zoho Analytics
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||Arabic, English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, Spanish|
The support team we have is basically granting access to users, and supporting the different applications including: monitor the execution of ETLs, building new reports/dashbords, troubleshooting issues...
Benefits from input by BI designers, and data modellers / designers
- database design theory
- data visualization
Birst has several of its own proprietary languages you must learn.
- Sr Data Architect: Responsible for data warehouse design, ETL processing, space scripting and growth of Birst connectivity to new internal and external data sources.
- BI Developer (2): Responsible for dashboard and report management/development, request tracking and prioritization and space management.
- DevOps (1): Managing Birst appliance upgrades (both OS and Birst upgrades), alert monitors and all aspects of Birst appliances on three continents.
Support of the Birst infrastructure is random, once established it is pretty stable.
Support of the Design deliverables is dependent upon your company objectives for BI.
Support of any technical cases requires ability to clarify issue, offer hypothesis based on what has been tried, specifics about where failure occurred.
I believe it is more important to have the knowledge of business objectives and root data. Aptitude for self discovery, and continuous presentation of the "Five Why's" until the root cause is reached. The BQL used to define custom advanced expressions is very logical, so if you can understand the structure of the expression, you will do okay.
Only having one person to do all of this is probably wouldn't work for larger companies with a bunch of different databases, but it works great for a smaller company like ours with only one database that we have tying into Birst.