- The accounting function of Infor ERP is designed very well and it is easy to use. From journal entries to generating a trial balance it only takes a few clicks to get what you need.
- The job tracking process within Infor ERP is easy to understand. You can view the progress of each job a number of different ways and this helps users know how close each job is to the finish line at any time.
- It is very easy to run month end processes that ensure all costs are accurate and then be ready for the next accounting period.
- Infor ERP could improve its functionality with Excel. There are ways to export to Excel but certain screens do not have an export feature.
- Infor ERP could be improved if they had more drill down options. Sometimes you have to go to a separate screen to get more detailed information.
- Infor ERP could improve on its financial statement generation within the software.
- Infor ERP gives us greater financial visibility.
- Inventory and cycle count accuracy are both strict TS metrics that are measured in my organization, Infor ERP enables us to know what we have and where we have it saving us valuable time and money. We are able to meet customer demand while keeping inventory down.
- The automotive industry has very rigorous quality metrics and Infor ERP allows us to not only improve quality but also increase productivity and reliability.
- Customization is one of Infor ERP's greatest attributes. Forms can easily be customized specific to the end-user's needs with the help of an ERP Application Developer.
- Great customer support directly from Infor. Additionally, Infor ERP customers are always willing to help through user networks events.
- Infor ERP is a great stand alone ERP system but add-on software packages are often needed to attain a greater level of detail. Our organization has recently teamed up with ScottTech to implement a warehouse management system called PickPro. PickPro will provide us with up-to-the-minute inventory information driven by the many transactions and movement of material that occurs throughout our processes.
- The Human Resource module is not used by our organization as it lacks functionality.
- Reports and background tasks/updates often need to be run after-hours as speed is a serious issue and can hinder other parallel users.
- As a global organization, we deal with many languages and some software localizations. Infor ERP LN has 21 language packs and a software localization for the countries where Bray operates that need one (Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Poland, Russia, and India).
- We need flexibility, versatility, and visibility in our operations and financials. Infor ERP LN delivers most of what Bray needs in a standard ERP system, allowing us to operate without the need for complex software functionality customizations and/or personalizations.
- Infor ERP LN has an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use, user-friendly GUI.
- Infor ERP LN could have a better way of handling single sign-on (SSO) capabilities.
- Infor ERP LN could improve its GUI by not using Java as its platform, using HTML5 instead. I know Infor is already working on it.
- Infor ERP LN could improve the way you can "kill" a user license (needed when trying to disconnect a user without leaving in the background "defunct" processes).
- Screen layouts are very clean, consistent and understandable even for novice users. Navigation can be tailored to only those programs that the user needs. Rose based screens are great for keeping things simple for user. All of this helps greatly with user adoption rates.
- Powerful event management tools for automating work flow processes. Users can run processes either based on a schedule or an event to minimize the need for constantly repeating the same manual tasks.
- Cloud-based product is identical to on-premise version so that user experience is the same no matter how you choose to run Syteline. You can run on-premise and then move to SaaS (cloud) without any new learning curve.
- Syteline functionality is easy to use for the new user but has great depth and breadth for the power user looking to get deeper into the functionality.
- Powerful communication and collaboration tools are all part of the platform.
- Human Resources module is ample but could use an upgrade.
- Syteline needs more functionality that would be useful to distribution companies.
- Needs a micro-vertical add-on for the process industry
- User Friendly
- Good technical support
- Reasonably priced
- Good Customer Support for Implementation
- Improved handling for alternates in Bill of Materials
- Improved financial reporting capability
- Improved GUI functionality
High Level of functionality in Manufacturing
Execution and Shop Floor Planning.
Needs improvement with Financial Budgeting module.
Financial Reporting Capability
such as Consolidated Reports and Cash Flow Analysis.
Improvement with Ad Hoc Reporting functionality
We need a robust business intelligence platform that we can structure in order to run several KPI's and dashboard reports by using the data we already have in place. Currently we use a third party program to put these figures together, however setup process was painful and see ongoing problems while we use it.
- It is one of the simplest products on the market. Very user friendly and in my opinion not complicated and busy wit unnecessary tools.
- We usually do a very short training for new hires and they pick it up promptly.
- Data processing is fast and results are always on time.
- Good amount of ready made reports for our needs.
- You need an IT person in order to customize reports, overcome system locks, etc. But, usually having an IT guy in house is a good thing as well.
- There isn't auto lock future that would sign put users if they don't use the program for extended time.
- Missing auto warning messages when you're about to run a big amount of data.
- A continuous improvement (Lean) section with employee suggestions (ideas) ability would be great.
- Updates for latest technological improvements usually come late.
Inventory control is a breeze and makes you feel comfortable with Infor ERP. Again, when properly set up it is capable of giving the appropriate reports with several details without any hiccups.
- Ability to use processflow to streamline processes, I can't think of something that other ERPs don't do, Info just does it differently.
- Code simplicity, Cobol is an ancient programming language, they need to move on with newer technologies.
- On Infor 10+ they need to move away from SharePoint, it's not a user friendly framework, the portal wasn't neither.
- Customization, Customization, Customization. If you need a form to do something, you can modify it yourself with a bit of .net experience.
- Intuitive. The flow of the application just makes sense, when you're stuck, help is available for just about any field with the click of a mouse.
- Speed, sometimes the application can lag a bit. Although, this is to be expected with SaaS applications sometimes.
- This is a manufacturing based ERP system. If you are in manufacturing it could be a great tool for you
- Work orders and Job costing work well
- Engineering Masters and Bills of Material
- Purchase Order Entry is antiquated. Need to pull demand through Material Planning window, one demand at a time.