Reviews (1-3 of 3)
Score 6 out of 10
We are using Informatica Cloud MDM to facilitate the mastering of our account data. We just recently decided to move to Informatica Cloud MDM from our previous, third-party, MDM tool. I was not a part of the decision to purchase Informatica Cloud MDM, but I am part of the core team of 7 who are implementing the solution. We are using Informatica Cloud MDM to achieve several functions:
- Find duplicate accounts.
- Merge those accounts.
- Enrich account data with information from Dun and Bradstreet.
- Consolidate accounts where possible to minimize storage overhead.
- Highly customizable functionality via their web interface or via Salesforce Apex code.
- Their 'out of the box' account manipulation jobs required very little modification from our team. What modification that was required, was very simple and straight forward thanks to their details and intuitive configuration screens.
- Their concept of Task Flows (a scheduled or on-demand job) leaves a bit to be desired. While one is able to perform very basic operations and lookups within this interface, it is extremely limited. For our particular implementation, we had several account fields that required both an expression as well as a lookup to be done, but in the Task Flows you are only able to do one or the other, not both. Informatica provides another option, which is a Mapping, which is far more customizable, but due to its complexity, caused a significant increase in development time.
Read Ron Westbrook Jr.'s full review
For organizations where their data mastering is fairly standard and requires very little customization, Informatica Cloud MDM is an excellent solution. I believe in this scenario, the organization should be able to 'hit the ground running'. However, if your organization requires a highly customizable solution for your data mastering, prepare yourself for a long dev cycle. I'm not saying that Informatica Cloud MDM would not work for these organizations because it is working for us. What I am saying is be cautiously optimistic about the time it will take for you to implement the solution.
July 21, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
The client I was working was living and breathing in Salesforce. Thus came Informatica Cloud MDM to secure the consolidation of accounts within Salesforce and other external source systems. The primary purpose was to have a defined linkage between source systems i.e. native Salesforce and other external source systems to produce a single version of record with trusted and standardized quality of data. This can help the organization define their metrics and thereby their goals in reaching a sales target.
- If you live and breath in Salesforce it's one of the best packages which can be used. The maintenance of a multiple source system hierarchy is one the coolest features.
- Real time syncing from Native Salesforce to MDM stage area is achievable and is one of the most vital features.
- The data can be standardized and cleaned. It helps creating the linage between data and can be represented easily.
- Certainly one place which it lacks is multiple match rules for one entity. We can live on one match rule for an entity.
- Too many configurations
- If possible unmerging records functionality at least for native Salesforce
Read Balaji Kharade's full review
As I have mentioned if an organization lives and breaths in the Salesforce.com platform this is one of the best packages to have for creating golden records. If the organizations are less dependent on Salesforce, I don't see much use of Informatica Cloud MDM.
February 01, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Cloud MDM is used to perform master data management services with salesforce.com.
- Automate detection of duplicates
- Automate merging of multiple contacts
- Workflow for manual merge of contacts
- salesforce.com specific
- Rules are limited in complexity
- Consolidation rules are limited in complexity
Read this authenticated review
[It's well suited for] automatic detection and stopping duplicates from being entered into salesforce.com.
Informatica Cloud MDM - Customer 360 for Salesforce Scorecard Summary
About Informatica Cloud MDM - Customer 360 for Salesforce
Informatica Cloud MDM includes Cloud MDM – Customer 360 for Salesforce, allowing users to trust in customer and contact data with integrated data management that maximizes the capabilities of Salesforce.
Categories: Master Data Management (MDM)
Informatica Cloud MDM - Customer 360 for Salesforce Technical Details