Infosec IQ Reviews

Kim-Lisa Gad | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infosec IQ is being used by our entire company in order to ensure all employees have a full understanding and awareness of information security, what the risks are, and how to mitigate them. We also use the platform to train our employees on privacy and GDPR, as we operate in both South Africa and the EU. As a health tech company, we also have HIPAA verification so use the HIPAA modules to train employees and contractors on what HIPAA is and the expectations of that in order to ensure our continued verification against HIPAA. Infosec IQ has made it really easy in one platform for me to be able to send out training and awareness courses and ensure our team is fully trained on cybersecurity, information security, and the regulations around the world that impact us.
  • Excellent diverse selection of content covering not only information and cyber security but also other requirements such as GDPR and HIPAA.
  • Really efficient implementation process and easy to set up and start using right away. The implementation team is phenomenal.
  • Excellent support team and customer service. I hear from my account manager every three months for a catch-up and guidance on what is new, and he checks in on how I am doing and whether I need help with anything. I am thoroughly impressed by the service and support the team offers.
  • I would love to see the ability to have multiple mandatory policies in the system so that if I send out an awareness campaign on a specific subject (e.g., acceptable use), I can then link to the AUP for my company and ensure users read that and confirm reading it within the Infosec IQ platform. Then be able to set up other mandatory policies linked to other awareness campaigns as well such without overwriting the existing policy and employee confirmation of reading the policy.
  • It would also be nice to have the mandatory policy and confirmation of reading the policy by a user after the video instead of before. The videos work great to explain to a user what they can expect to read in the policy and helps them understand the scope of the policy so, rather than force the user to review the policy, accept the conditions thereof and only then can they see the video, it would make more sense to me to have the mandatory policy after the video.
  • It would be awesome if Infosec IQ could include more privacy regulations in their training content. We have POPI in South Africa and are currently looking at moving into Australia and the U.S., so to have training content on other privacy regulations over and above GDPR would really help me train my users when we move into another country.
Infosec IQ has excellent content covering all elements of information and cyber security as well as many other regulations, which makes it a diverse platform and enables a company to cover all their awareness and training requirements with one product.

It is easy to set up and use and get users going with the awareness campaigns and easy to track who has and has not completed the training. It is an excellent product and very cost effective too.
Read Kim-Lisa Gad's full review
Nate Hoffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [Infosec IQ] across the whole organization for security training and simulating attacks such as phishing to give us insight to where we need to train.
  • Security Training
  • Phishing Simulation
  • Integration with existing Infrastructure
  • User/data retention for companies that need to be HIPAA compliant
Infosec [IQ] training is very useful for companies that need to prioritize security. The fake attacks it offers against your users are also really helpful to demonstrate what it might look like when an actual scammer is trying to obtain information about your company. There isn't a lot of scenarios where it wouldn't be useful when security training is such an important industry standard.
Read Nate Hoffman's full review
Amanda Carden | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Infosec IQ across our entire organization to implement Security Awareness training.
  • Reports and tracking
  • Content availability and variety
  • User friendly dashboard
  • Phishing testing and simulations
  • More templates for phishing testing
  • More training content
  • More frequent updates to content
Infosec [IQ] has been great to implement and provide training content to both our internal employees and outside clients/contractors. The platform is easy to use and build training that is tailored to individuals based on their role or department. Phishing testing simulations have gone really well for our company to identify areas of improvement and where further education is needed.
Read Amanda Carden's full review
March 27, 2021
Amy Hagen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across our company in an effort to help our associates learn how to protect themselves and us with their use of technology. We push learning through our learning management system and utilize additional resources in our newsletter or through email.
  • Customer support: our representative provides solutions and works to understand our needs.
  • New videos are great: content and length.
  • Use multiple mediums for materials (video, quizzes, infographs, posters, etc.).
  • It would be nice if downloadable SCORM packages included the activity elements. We would like to use the interactive components but need to use our own LMS.
I know we don't utilize all of the components and I like that you can customize your services to what you need.
Read Amy Hagen's full review
Wojciech Poludniewski | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infosec IQ is used across the whole organization. We use it for a cybersecurity learning awareness program as well as for phishing campaigns.
  • Great quality of e-learning content
  • User friendliness for both admins and users
  • High level of campaigns automation
  • Integration with Azure AD is ok but there is a room for improvement.
Well suited for international companies where the majority of users speak English, however, all key materials are available in a number of different languages. The tool requires a security specialist to setup campaigns properly and an admin to automate/integrate. I can't really find a scenario where it is less appropriate unless it does not support your language.
Read Wojciech Poludniewski's full review
Sven Van Horebeek | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use following functionallity from the platform:
Phishunter
Security awareness training
Phishing simulation

We are very happy with [Infosec IQ] and we receive a lot of compliments from our employees. The self reporting of phishing emails improved drastically in these years. We use it in 4 different countries and we love the language support they provide. In our company we are able to support in English, Japanese, Italian, Dutch and French.
  • Easy to learn for the employees
  • Very supportive customer success team
  • Language translations in online tests
  • Faster translations for other languages
I think for all companies who are looking to easily and quickly educate employees in IT security and strengthen the most important line of defence.
Read Sven Van Horebeek's full review
Ryan Clair | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use InfoSec IQ for training purposes. It is being used across the whole organization. It address security awareness training.
  • Provides a wide selection of security awareness training options
  • Provides email simulation phishing training exercises
  • Is an easy product to work with
  • Continue to add to phish sim template library.
  • Perhaps more granular details, for instance when a user claims they haven't clicked on a phish sim and I need to research what happened I am not always able to give them a straight answer as to what triggered the phish sim.
  • Continue to add to security awareness template library.
InfoSec IQ is well suited for phish sim and security awareness training.
Read Ryan Clair's full review
November 04, 2020
John Wieser | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Infosec IQ mostly for user testing and cybersecurity training. We send tests every couple [of] weeks and we recommend all users take some cyber training every quarter.

Most users appreciated the testing and training. Some do not, but that's expected. Not everybody wants to be told they made a mistake.

Our auditors were pleased to hear we implemented this product as well.

It was easy to get started and it's easy to administer. This product was exactly what we needed.
  • Testing - It's easy to test the users.
  • Training - It's simple for the users to take cyber training.
  • Reporting - We get reports on who gets phished and who doesn't.
  • Terminology - Batteries, campaigns, etc. don't mean much to me. I'm always guessing the meaning of these words when I haven't been in there for a while.
  • Flow, or progression of tasks. It's sometimes confusing for administrators to create a test and activate training only for those who fail.
Infosec IQ is best if your company has cyber risk exposure. If you've ever had an employee phished or you've ever had a near miss, you need to test and train your people. Your auditors might also request you find a product that does this feature. I would recommend you look at this product as the yardstick to judge other products.
It's easy to use. Terms are a bit confusing, but overall very good.
We've gotten great help when we needed it. When our IT guy left who managed security, we had limited knowledge internally with all of the configuration and implementation. Support helped get us running quickly. They spent an hour or so with the new IT person and they hit the ground running. That was super easy.
Read John Wieser's full review
February 23, 2021
Vance Willis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infosec IQ is being used across the entire business and has be come critical in replacing our live cybersecurity training that we ended because of COVID.
  • Updated content
  • Campaigns built around the Texas House bill we must comply with
  • Prebuilt campaigns can be modified to add or remove learning modules
  • Countless ways to customize the learning environment
  • Custom reporting could be simplified
  • I would like to see a mobile app version of some sort for users to learn on
I believe it is well suited when you have to comply with legislation. We have to certify our employees each year. By sending out these links to do the training, all the reporting and certification is automated. The weekly reports and grouping of users allow me to target departments that need a little extra push to get it done.
Read Vance Willis's full review
February 04, 2021
Lewis Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infosec IQ has been an invaluable resource in providing security training to our staff that both educates the employee and satisfies our clients' expectations. The regular training courses each month are relevant to modern risks and vulnerabilities. The phishing email simulator was also great to check our employees' awareness of threats.
  • Monthly training schedules
  • Phishing simulator
  • Relevant course material
  • Larger variety of courses.
  • New tools to train for social engineering.
  • Simple UI improvements.
I always recommend Infosec IQ for training against phishing attacks. Our company saw a large improvement in the number of employees who would click the links in the phishing sim emails. Not only did they begin to ignore the links in the fake emails, but they were also able to more easily recognize real phishing attempts and alert the sysadmin team.
Read Lewis Smith's full review
March 30, 2021
Mahlon P. Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using it across the entire organization in this period where phishing emails are so prevalent and are becoming more sophisticated. It is being utilized to improve our users' security awareness in order to detect and identify malicious emails and how to deal with them without putting the organization at risk.
  • Ease of implementation.
  • Simple interface.
  • Quick knowledge transfer.
  • Improvement in graphics.
  • Simplification of dashboards.
Once your organization exists it needs awareness training. If your organization is being targeted by phishing campaigns, Infosec IQ will arm your users with the relevant techniques used by these phishing campaigns and how to detect it, report it and how to handle it in the future, making your users your first line of defense.
Read Mahlon P. Johnson's full review
Aleise McGowan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infosec is being used across my whole organization. We currently use it for mandatory FERPA training as well as Phishing (test/training).
  • The phishing emails resemble actual messages our users may see.
  • They need to develop additional phishing emails. After using the product for 2 years, our seasoned employees recognize the emails.
The FERPA training that is required by the state of Mississippi is easily deployed and documented.
Read Aleise McGowan's full review
David Oldaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across the organization to train and assess our staff's capability to identify phishing as it occurs.
  • Service is very good
  • Campaigns are well supported by Infosec IQ staff.
  • Infosec IQ staff follows up frequently to keep us on track.
  • Setting up campaigns could be more intuitive.
  • The website navigation could be improved upon.
Infosec IQ is well suited for managers that have little time but want to implement cybersecurity training for their staff.
Read David Oldaker's full review
March 25, 2021
Clayton Fagan | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my role, we use [Infosec IQ] to assist in training and developing our associates in technology awareness.
  • Printable materials
  • Training videos
  • Customer Service
  • Quiz library
We assigned a phishing video to all employees during the pandemic. In our industry, our field associates are extremely busy. The short video was helpful, informative, and easy to access.
Read Clayton Fagan's full review
Annie Neumiller | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Infosec IQ to meet our HIPAA requirement of monthly training/information in addition to yearly security training
  • Platform set up is quick and intuitive
  • Training is engaging for end users
  • Modules are customizable
  • There is a large variety of content to cover multiple industries
  • I don't have issues with the platform
I am using [Infosec IQ] for HIPAA Compliance in Healthcare and it is very useful
Read Annie Neumiller's full review
November 05, 2020
mike nugent | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a military contractor, BC Systems is required to maintain a high level of cybersecurity. That requirement flows down to all our employees. I needed to develop a NIST/DFARS compliant cybersecurity training program. I found that InfoSec IQ had already developed training modules that were tailored to meet these criteria. I was able to set up an account for each employee and launch their individual training course within a short period of time. I was also able to design a company-wide phishing campaign to determine weaknesses in our email policy.
  • The Dashboard is intuitive and gives a great visual representation of the Cyber health of our company. I can instantly see where each employee is in their training.
  • Training modules are easy to add or remove from an employees program.
  • There is a vast amount of training modules available that cover a wide variety of cybersecurity topics. They will also customize modules.
  • Due to the amount of material offered by Infosec IQ you could spend quite a bit of time deciding what information you want to use and deploy in your training.
  • Better organization of training modules by topic or compliance.
  • Phishing campaign had a few false positive hits due to a timing issue.
If you desire or are required to deploy a cybersecurity training program on a large scale, this is the way to go. Purchase the license, download the dashboard, populate the user list, and choose the type of training. It's that easy. After you set the program to deploy, the users will get an email to start the training online. You can monitor their progress from the dashboard. If any users need additional assistance, it will show up in their account.
As an administrator, ease of use was critical in both accounts set up and end-users. I did not have unlimited time to set up the account for all the users I required. I found this operation to be quick and simple. Users reported that the modules were informative and easy to navigate.
The Sales team was supportive and easy to work with. I was able to decide what level of service I would require rather quickly. I did not need much support during setup or deployment, however, the initial online orientation meeting with the support engineer went smoothly, and answered all of my questions. I reached out a few times with emails that were answered in a timely fashion.
Read mike nugent's full review
October 31, 2020
Patrick Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Infosec IQ across our entire corporation, for all brands. It solves the need for our relatively small IT department to create and train individual users on on-boarding and lets us all manage security training and awareness as an ongoing effort without having to have a dedicated security officer onboard.
  • Ease of use
  • Great customer service
  • Anticipation of issues with provided solutions
  • Integration
  • Forward thinking
  • SCORM
  • Additional trainings
  • Intractability with trainings
  • Focused coverage in trainings
  • Customization of material
If you have a group where you've got enough folks on board that are important enough to be targets of virtual attacks, harassment, or leaks, but not enough IT staff to really accommodate keeping all these users trained and aware, Infosec IQ is a great tool for this. It can help an understaffed, or underequipped, IT department in ways you'd normally need an extra hire for.
It's great for everything it does, and I can see it growing slowly.
Not once have I been able to stump the Infosec IQ staff with an issue or complication.
Read Patrick Taylor's full review
April 12, 2021
We use InfoSec [IQ] to train all employees (approx. 2800). It helps protect the organization from cybercrime by raising awareness amongst staff. The majority (approx. 2500) of our employees are educators and are not well-versed in cybercrime. However, many do have access to sensitive data, particularly for minors (their students). We train once a month for ten months a year.
  • Customizable email notifications with text editing and HTML.
  • Easy to build modules with assessments and videos.
  • Great account reps!! Julie is the best.
  • Reporting lacks what we need-- it does not allow for filtering or for creating more detailed reports. We end up downloading a report and creating a more detailed on in google sheets.
  • Building assessments can be a bit challenging. In some places, you can see questions but not the answers which makes selection hard.
  • Some videos have paired assessments and these are great. We wish more videos had paired assessments.
If you have a need for cybersecurity training, I would recommend InfoSec [IQ] based on the quality of the engaging content and the great customer service. [...] [Cybersecurity] training is [...] nice to have, but not a need to have. [...] I would say it can take time to learn and set-up; [it] may not be worth it for an organization where this isn't a high priority.
April 01, 2021
Typical use cases across the entire org of employees. [Infosec IQ] allows us to stay lean by leveraging programs and scenarios without the maintenance overhead.
  • Training
  • Phishing Simulator
  • Allows us to create a higher level of awareness regarding security risks
[Infosec IQ is well suited for] creating a compressive program without needing a large internal team to implement. In our situation, we have one senior data sec director who can handle the entire suite.
March 25, 2021
We used Infosec IQ to conduct regular phishing simulations and to assign training to users. This was used across our entire organization, and was used to address needs in establishing our security awareness levels, and our training program.
  • Ease of creating phishing campaigns.
  • Ease of creating phishing templates.
  • Time saving UI for creating training programs.
  • Pulling reports was not very intuitive. Required a lot of touch time to create specific reports.
  • There were some restrictions in creating phishing messages when spoofing the domain.
  • Active Directory integration was messy and clumsy.
Infosec IQ is a sound product that does the basics of phishing simulation and training quite well. For many organizations that are trying to establish baselines or have an annual training drive, I believe that it's a fantastic product. There's a considerable amount of flexibility in manipulating the system to achieve your own ends, but some of those customizations come at a uniformity cost. I did a considerable amount on the phishing test side of things, and it was difficult to make changes to an entire battery of tests, each template had to be changed individually.
March 24, 2021
Infosec IQ was purchased to be used as the phishing and security awareness training platform for the entire enterprise. The platform is designed as a comprehensive phishing and security awareness tool. While it generally works well there are issues with things such as reporting, whitelisting, and the report tool that need work. We routinely ran into issues with downtime causing report button issues or streaming issues for on demand content.
  • Phish reporting tool gives easy management and useful reports
  • Training catalog is small but high quality
  • AD integration is easy
  • User interface is cumbersome especially with reporting
  • Training catalog is small
  • There is a learning curve to understanding how to build a phishing campaign
  • Reporting is very limited compared to other products
For a team with a dedicated resource with the time to invest into learning their interface the phishing and training platforms work well. I would not recommend [Infosec IQ] for a company that wants a more automated system or has detailed reporting requirements.
March 23, 2021
We use Infosec [IQ] as our company wide employee training against phishing, suspicious and potentially malicious internet behavior, and other security related scenarios they may encounter throughout their day-to-day routine. Any emails of which they are unsure of, they can redirect to our IT department, where we will further analyze they email in question and apply the appropriate level of response.
  • Phishing campaigns
  • Variety of user training
  • GUI
  • Overall, services or options offered
  • Because it offers so much, make the admin center not as overwealming.
Infosec [IQ] does its job and it does its job well. However, I am still new to the product and still have much to learn in order to use its full potential. Given the age of technology we are in, having a product like Infosec [IQ] is pretty much a "must have" for all organizations, whether it is a large corporation or a small business still at its inception.
April 06, 2021
We use Infosec IQ primarily for it's PhishNotify add-in and phishing simulator. It is used throughout our entire organization and has been a very helpful tool in teaching our end-users about how to identify phishing emails and lets us know which users fell for our fake emails so they can receive additional training.
  • Phishing email reporting
  • Phishing simulation
  • Great training courses
  • Email quarantine can be confusing at times
  • Had to manually import users and adjust manually (in our environment, I should note, there is a AD integration option we don't utilize)
  • Setting up a phishing campaign can be confusing with regard to the volume of emails it will send
Infosec IQ is fantastic if you're looking for a well-rounded security training solution for your users. In my experience, if you opt to use the training section, it is important to have an outside course manager where you can upload the courses from their site. PhishNotify for email reporting works well for Office 365 users, but does not mesh well in a on-premises environment, so this product may not be ideal if you're working with on-premises email accounts.
March 26, 2021
We use this primarily for our security team and to test and train end-users. We've gained a lot of value by providing awareness through the tool, to our end users. The interface to manage the tool is pretty straightforward. We like how we can followup on test-phishing mails and other malicious mails by directing people to training after they clicked on the bait e-mail.
  • Provide training
  • An easy way to send fake malicious e-mail templates to a select/broad group of users.
  • An easy way to followup on people clicking a maliciously designed email.
It is well suited for any company to have a clear overview of what employees clickbait e-mails, for example. It also delivers on follow-up of these aspects. You can send people to online training directly, or even tailor the experience in that aspect.
March 26, 2021
Being a growing organization, there is a continuous process of recruitment. With new users onboarding every day, the need to train the employees is always high on the firm's infrastructure. Infosec IQ products are used to conduct security awareness training campaigns to create awareness around cybersecurity and prevent any security breaches and also establishing standard policy around this subject.
  • Campaigns related to cybersecurity provides a platform to educate and standardize security policies.
  • Phishing simulations help create awareness of cyber threats with real-world scenarios. It also helps to identify potential improvements in the firm's security guidelines.
  • Security trainings online are crucial for teams responsible for managing the security frontlines.
  • SSO integration is buggy at times and creates a hurdle with existing campaigns' authentication.
  • AD sync missing granularity for exclusions and not user-friendly. It should provide more options to add exclusions with group types and attributes.
  • Escalation matrix to be included for notifications to get timely attention from the users. This can be helpful to send mail notification to users who are sometimes ignorant to these exercises or give lesser importance than it requires.
Infosec IQ products are most suited to our constant efforts in analyzing the outside threat to the most vulnerable resources—employees. As humans are prone to more errors than machines, it is quite important to educate and create awareness within the organization to detect and prevent any attacks that could compromise a firm's security around the data and its customers. Less suited for identifying any gaps in the technology infrastructure such as software vulnerabilities.

What is Infosec IQ?

Infosec IQ awareness and training enables employees with the knowledge and skills to stay cybersecure at work and home. Boasting over 2,000 awareness and training resources, the vendor states that users will have everything needed to prepare employees to detect, report and defeat cybercrime. The platform can be customized and personalized to match an organization’s culture and employees’ learning styles. With Infosec IQ, users can:

● Personalize employee training with role-based modules in a variety of themes, styles and lengths to engage learners
● Automate training cadence and delivery to keep lessons relevant, challenging and fun — and save time
● Integrate with endpoint protection, LMS and SOC to streamline program management, reporting and attack response
● Analyze employee risk scores, learning outcomes and reported phishing threats to anticipate — and remediate — cyberthreats
● Improve programs with actionable dashboard data, helping you fill compliance training gaps and educate high-risk employees

Infosec IQ Competitors

Infosec IQ Technical Details

Supported Languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)