Infosec Skills - User review

May 05, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Infosec Skills, and make your voice heard!

What is Infosec Skills?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.infosecinstitute.com/skills…

5 people want pricing too

What is Pluralsight Skills?

Pluralsight Skills is a skill development solution that enables employees to build in-demand skills in a way that’s personalized to their current knowledge and preferred way to learn. The course library includes content on software development, DevOps, machine learning, security infrastructure, and…

What is A Cloud Guru (Linux Academy)?

A Cloud Guru (ACG) is a cloud learning provider that states they have helped 2,000,000+ people and more than 4,000 organizations level up their cloud skills. Founded in 2015, ACG was started by brothers Sam and Ryan Kroonenburg who recognized cloud learning through traditional training providers…

What is Infosec Skills?

Infosec Skills enables users to upskill and certify security, IT and engineering teams with a hands-on cybersecurity training platform that scales to meet an organization's needs. Assess teams and close skills gaps with hands-on cyber ranges, projects and courses mapped to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity and MITRE ATT&CK® Framework — or upgrade to a live boot camp for instructor-led training to certify a team.

Infosec Skills includes 1,200+ hands-on courses, cyber ranges and labs to:

• Prepare teams for MITRE ATT&CK tactics and techniques with hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges

• Guide team development with 130+ learning paths mapped to the NICE Framework

• Assess knowledge and skills to pinpoint gaps and training needs

• Gauge exam readiness with customizable certification practice exams

• Fast-track certification with 100+ live, instructor-led boot camps

Infosec Skills Screenshots

Learn how to ATT&CK & defend in the cyber range
Infosec Skills cyber ranges guide learners through realistic scenarios inside the operating environments they’d encounter on the job. Launch a cyber range with a click of a button and learn how to counter the MITRE ATT&CK tactics and techniques targeting your organization today. From command line basics to advanced adversarial techniques, Infosec Skills cyber ranges teach your team how to:
• Run red and blue team exercises
• Write secure code by example
• Pass dozens technical certifications by gaining hands-on domain knowledge
• Attack and defend cloud-based applications
• And much moreAll Infosec Skills training maps directly to the NICE Framework to help you build role-relevant, scalable team development programs that close cyber skills gaps. Take a bottom-up approach to any training initiative by building custom learning paths covering specific NICE Knowledge and Skill Statements, or browse and assign training from any of the 52 NICE Work Roles inside the platform.Infosec Skills includes training for dozens of popular certifications from CompTIA®, (ISC)²®, ISACA®, Cisco®, Microsoft®, AWS™ and more. Prepare for your next exam with help from our expert instructors, then gauge exam readiness with unlimited access to customizable practice exams. With completion certificates available for every course, Infosec Skills has everything you need to keep existing certifications current with 100s of CPE opportunities.IT and security certification is often more than a goal — it’s a business requirement. That’s why we offer over 100 certification boot camps taught by industry experts with 10+ years of experience. Live boot camps include all the content in Infosec Skills, plus:
• Exam Pass Guarantee (live online students)
• Exam voucher
• Bonus boot camp prep course and 90-day access to all boot camp video replays and materialsInfosec Skills Teams makes it easy to manage and measure your training initiatives. Administrators can enroll learners via single sign-on (SSO) or CSV upload, and organize team members into groups to quickly assign content to specific departments or roles.

We’ll help you secure next year’s employee development budget with at-a-glance metrics that prove training impact at the individual, group and team level like:
• Training progress and completion rates
• Skills assessment and practice exam scores
• Boot camp attendance and completion rates

With Infosec Skills' open API, it's easy to integrate learner data into existing business intelligence systems — or add Infosec Skills course information to any LMS or website for a seamless, centralized learning experience

Infosec Skills Videos

Infosec Skills Downloadables

Infosec Skills Competitors

Infosec Skills Technical Details

What is Infosec Skills?

Infosec Skills aims to help users upskill and get certified with a hands-on cybersecurity training platform. Users can train on their own schedule with access to 100s of hands-on cybersecurity courses and cyber ranges — or upgrade to a boot camp for live, instructor-led training in order to get certified on the first attempt.

What is Infosec Skills's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Infosec Skills?

The most common users of Infosec Skills are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Infosec Skills allows you to gain knowledge, get certifications related to many IT career fields. As the IT industry changes, Infosec Skills continues to update its training to stay current. I have used Infosec to obtain a certification and also taken courses to update my skills.
  • Keeps curriculum current in changing times
  • Instructors and always knowledgeable and helpful
  • Many options to learn different skills through course choices
  • Large class, multiple student options are available
  • Sometimes communications are delayed
Infosec Skills was instrumental In acquiring my certification. The instructors for the courses I have attended have all been very knowledgeable and helpful. They always had knowledge over and above what was presented in the course and gave many examples of real-world situations that were applicable to the material. Their goal has always been to make sure that you learn the material, can apply it to situations in real life and make sure you receive your certification.
Excellent system Infosec has put together. The one place where they have had some issues is slight delays in getting testing certificates to students. I have never seen an issue that was not worked out in a day or two long before the course was over.
May 05, 2022

Fantastic Product

Brian Shetter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our security department is in its infancy and we use it daily to learn best practices and educate ourselves on tools that can be used to help secure our environment. There are a couple of staff members looking to obtain certifications and it's also used to prepare them for the test.
  • Labs
  • Relevant Information
  • Up to date coursework
  • Pricing
  • More hands on labs
Infosec Skills is best suited for professionals to expand their knowledge on anything cyber security-related.
I gave it a 10 because it is very user-friendly and finding courses is easy.
John Litzenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
I currently use Infosec Skills to further my own knowledge, particularly in the areas of information technology governance, security, and risk management, with future plans to expand this training to additional staff, specifically our IT and cybersecurity teams. This will help us build a culture that can supplant resources currently outsourced, to better manage our environment on the ground, in person, without relying on third parties.
  • Courses are presented in small chunks, so busy people can proceed without needing to split segments up, and can get whole subject area in one sitting
  • Subjects are well organized, a good mix of "theory" and real world examples
  • Completion certifications are available to suit a wide variety of continuing education requirements
  • Courses are well-paced and clearly presented, easy to follow
  • Maybe more options for downloading course content for off-line review
  • Inclusion of more video segments
  • Close-captioning (or maybe I just didn't see the option)
Anyone seeking an IT certification, particularly from ISC2, ISACA or another security focused organization, will find these offerings a great resource. For someone trying to build a specific program to train their people (e.g., elements of cybersecurity, network management, system administration), it's a little tricky to find and combine available courses and/or career paths, but the end result is great.
Easy to navigate site, clearly defined classes, short easy to digest segments, well-presented and paced learning materials.
February 02, 2022

Hacking 101

Clayton Wallace | TrustRadius Reviewer
Enhances background skills in areas such as networking that round out computer security skills.
  • Clear learning path
  • Solid background information
  • Ability to move at my desired pace
  • None
Very technical information on specific products is not appropriate.
Easy to navigate, pauseable screens.
As part of my job description, I am frequently tasked [with] matters pertaining to digital forensics. From helping other office staff to ensuring the integrity and forensic soundness of items that are digital in scope, I routinely have to use the skills and techniques taught in the Infosec [Skills] course I attended. The skills from the CCFE course have been valuable in a lot of my day-to-day responsibilities and duties.
  • Course material dissemination
  • Social networking
  • Relaxed classroom environment
  • Competent instructors
  • N/A
When having to go into the field in order to gather digital evidence for cases, there are a lot of moving parts in the field and the only tangible standard is the skills that I got from Infosec [Skills]. There are a lot of different proprietary DVR's and each one seems to be more specific than the last. With the variety of technology that businesses or even private citizens use to keep an eye on things, it proves to be difficult to keep abreast with all of the things that people utilize. The skills that I learned from the infosec [Skills] course have assisted me in ensuring that the information that is being collected is being done in a forensically sound manner that ensures item and data integrity, which can be hard [to accomplish] in an environment where there are numerous variables surrounding digital footprints.

Because the skills learned from the course have proven to be beneficial in the day-to-day tasks that I typically perform. They are either directly related to or at the very least a complementary skill set that allows me to perform my duties overall in a more beneficial way to the people that I support.
Piyush Mittal | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had used infosec skills for my training and development purpose. I am in cyber security and this domain required me to do some internationally recognized certifications and infosec skills had helped in clearing these certifications. Their training instructors was awesome and practice questions quality was great. With the help of infosec skill i had cleared CISSP and CRISC exam.
  • Exam Practice Questions
  • Price
  • Training content
  • Great training instructors
  • Mobile app should be there so that we can learn on the go
  • Website can be more user friendly
  • More payment options would be appreciated
Infosec skills platform has updated course content with the latest industry trends. It was very cost effective for me.

The biggest isssue i have with infosec skills was, they do not have android / IOS app. Apart from it i would suggest them to more focus on flash cards based study so that student would be able to remember certain difficult terms.
Because of their continuous improvement and consistent effort in providing the quality training content and also because of their less price as compared to their peers.
Karina Astudillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
The field of information security is constantly evolving as new threats are discovered each day. Our consultants have to keep up with new knowledge and techniques to conduct pentesting, vulnerability remediation, computer forensic audits, and so on. Traditional training in cybersecurity is very expensive, lengthy, and lacks practical experience. When we found Infosec Skills we were impressed with the many themes available in their library, their focus, and also with the price, which is very economic in comparison with other alternatives. Also, their cyber ranges allow our employees to practice the skills needed in a very practical way. We are very happy to count on Infosec [Skills] as an educational ally.
  • Specific topics in cybersecurity for rapid reading.
  • Broad range of different themes.
  • Practical scenarios to improve skills.
  • We would like to see more cyber ranges coming.
Infosec Skills is well suited for continous learning in cybersecurity for small or big teams, also is a good fit in order to prepare for recognized international certifications in cybersecurity like for example CPTE (Certified Penetration Testing Engineer), but I believe it could get better adding more cyber ranges in a CTF fashion.
The interface is easy to use and clean.
The skills that I acquired during my boot camp session with Infosec [Skills] are ones that I use so frequently [that] it is hard to envision a time prior when I did not use them. Whether they are in a more planning sense where I am getting things ready for a deployment, or in actual practice, they are intertwined with many of the things that I do.
  • Classroom-like environment
  • Learning pace
  • Ability to network with other people in the field
  • Test prep materials
  • a form of what MS had as a second shot opportunity
  • a list of other courses that may be of interest
Infosec [Skills] does offer a wide range of services that help me. The skills I learned in the CCFE/CCFA course have been invaluable and the environment that welcomes discussion on different aspects of the materials that are being covered in class is very insightful. Also, the ability to connect to other people in the field of which you are looking to get into or [are] already in is always a plus. I think that the ability to get into a shorter-length class that really focuses [on] the main tenants of a particular course is helpful as a refresher, or even as a prep for the actual test.

Because of the way and manner that Infosec [Skills] has structured their product and how they deliver it. A lot of the different skills that they teach are universal, which is to say that you can implement them in different scenarios. They are typically not limited by vendor or software platforms or formats, [so] this is a huge plus to Infosec [Skills].
We use Infosec Skills to provide continuous training to our technicians and to prepare them for various certifications. Infosec Skills allows us to create personalized training programs that focus on each of our technicians' particular roles and see their progress as they take courses. We also, recommend it to clients to make their IT support teams better.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Customizable/personalizable training programs.
  • Offers add-ons such as bootcamps.
  • Some trainings are hard to search for.
  • Sometimes reporting is incomplete (missing info).
Infosec Skills is great for organizations that don't have a ton of resources to put into continuous training but have the desire to keep their teams as educated as possible. To that end, those organizations also have to be willing to dedicate the time to their teams to actually use the program. For larger organizations where the certifications really matter, the Boot Camps provide relatively short, but effective training and certification.
Once we onboarded with Infosec Skills we were able to use every part of the system's functionality. The programs, lessons, and assignments were easy to reference and very easy to put into each technician's plan. Even our less experienced administrative staff was able to pull useful reports to help with reviews and plan for team improvement.
We use the Infosec CSSA (Certified SCADA Security Architect) in our department for our SCADA administrators. This gives us a good base for security measures with our SCADA system and also helps us in interfacing with our IT department for joint ventures. It also shows competence in this area for external audits.
  • The class was the right amount of depth for our needs.
  • The classes were a week long boot camp style which is a good amount of time.
  • The test was included in the class.
  • Training at the customer location
The boot camp CSSA training and exam was the right amount of depth for our needs and the instructor was very knowledgeable. The security approaches taught were relevant and very applicable to the OT environment and allowed us to upgrade our current skills and use what we had learned almost immediately. I would recommend this training to all OT staff.
The class content was great and the instructor was very knowledgeable, especially in the area of Operations Technology which was exactly what we needed.
In the cyber world, it is very important to not only understand new technologies, but to have a grasp on the foundations of the basics. Infosec Skills has helped us greatly with this. My team uses Infosec [Skills] to learn new things as well as help with certifications. I encourage my team to take the security+ courses when starting out. My teammates always express how the lessons they get and what they learn from these courses help them in everyday tasks.
  • Hands-On labs
  • Easy to follow material
  • Easy navigation
  • More hands-on labs
  • Easier ways to assign courses and lessons
  • Easier visual for reporting
I've used a lot of learning sites and feel this is at the top of the list for information security.
It is very easy to navigate and use. You can stop and pick off where you left off very easily.
I took these Infosec [Skills] courses to get Cisco certifications, including the CCNA (Route/Switch) and CCNP (Route/Switch & Enterprise). These week+ long courses are very intense and fast-paced but very worth it. Make sure that your schedule is cleared for the duration of the class. Infosec took my working knowledge to a deeper level of understanding that I use every day as a network engineer. I will most certainly be taking more courses in the future.
  • Provided a detailed map of the courses and what you need to learn/practice to keep up the pace.
  • Instructors were responsive and available during and after the course.
  • Course pricing was on the higher side compared to other companies, but the value for the higher premium still pays dividends to this day.
  • The course started each day at 8 am. I live in US Central time, so it was no problem. However, there were students attending from California where it was 6 am for them. Maybe start classes at 9 [am]?
  • Make class recordings available longer than 3 months from the course end, or make them available for purchase at least.
  • A little less marketing to take more classes would be good. Sometimes feels like a little too much email.
I feel the classes offered by Infosec [Skills] are best suited for professionals who [want] to take the "next step" in their careers. If you are a help desk employee who [wants] to get their CCNA and become an engineer, then this is an excellent way to get there quickly. The material is given in such a way that it really sinks in for the long term.
Information and cloud-based virtual labs are accessible anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. All of the coursework, PDF's, lab files, and credentials were given on the first day of class. This was great so that I could stay organized and have a real understanding of what to expect.
Joe White | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a senior penetration tester, I wanted to add to my skillset and looked at the available options, and chose InfoSec Skills to gain a needed certification. Since IACRB uses InfoSec Skills as a primary training platform, the decision was easy to make. I completed the course and took additional resources as well to broaden my knowledge of the area I was concentrating on to finalize and pass the exam. Once I passed the Certified Reverse Engineer Analysis (CREA) exam and obtained my certification I achieved what I wanted. InfoSec Skills was directly responsible for the success I had.
  • Detailed Training Videos
  • Specific content related to an information technology subject
  • Competitive pricing
  • Adding to course content with updated material related to today's threats
  • Matching certification exams with course content so it is more instructive
I think with the recent pandemic, having quality training for those of us that had to purchase it out of pocket was great. Everything worked flawlessly and I got the training I was looking for without the huge price tag like some other vendors have. The labs could be more detailed for those areas that might be new to those people who are looking at getting into something different and training in a field that has more possibilities for them.
Very user friendly.
Rachelle Heller | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are an education enterprise. Infosec skills are used as part of our course labs. It addresses theory and training--practice items as well. It gives our students an opportunity to test their knowledge. The students especially enjoy the interactive stories--while they seem easy, there are real-life situations and students can chat about them.
  • The real-life examples are very helpful
  • The replies to errors--our favorite is the phishing tool
  • The ease of use
  • It would be great for more varied modalities. The recent choose your own adventure type game is an example. This is especially important for students who do not readily participate in class, who prefer not to speak up
  • Add accessibility
  • Include examples from a variety of fields--not only tech environments
  • Keep being current
This activities and learning spark a chance for interactive learning in a college class. Again, for us it is best for training and practice in a safe space.
They work for our students--they are realistic, they are accessible, and sometimes they are fun
The Infosec Skills is being used by Cyber Security department at my organization. This is very helpful to Advisors and Architects in mastering theory, techniques, and tools in Cyber Security practice.
  • The courses are mapped directly to the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity.
  • The CISM, CEH, and CISM certification training courses are aligned towards career growth.
  • The Skill Assessment product is very useful to measure where your strengths and needs.
  • Industry specific case studies analysis can be included in each course.
  • Ethical hacking simulation module can be included for practice safely.
  • I would like to see more interdisciplinary topics can be included as Cyber Security no longer operates in silos.
The Infosec Skills makes it easier to enter, progress, and excel Cyber Security stills for all areas and domains in the Information Security practice. The products are well designed to suit organizational users, not just individual users.
Our teams have made best use of the Infosec Skills in learning, and aligning career growth goals. Each organization needs are unique, so also individual learners goals are unique.
Infosec Skills provides continued education to our IT Technicians. It addresses some of our IT training requirements to keep current with industry skills.
  • Concise training
  • Preparation for certification
  • Efficient knowledge transfer
  • Pricing
  • Continued customer connections
Well suited for security training and certification.
It is intuitive and straight-forward.
Infosec Skills has been a great addition for all our clients and internally as well. It really covers the fundamentals behind emails/phishing and what all your end-users should be aware of. The amount of times that we got calls about suspicious emails beforehand was quite vast and now more of our users feel comfortable with being able to tell if they are legitimate or not. I really like this for government entities (GCC High), as it allows us to cover compliance while also helping reduce the risk of our employees.
  • Makes users aware of threats.
  • Support and documentation is great. Likely find most answers you need right away.
  • Friendly interface for all kinds of users.
  • Provides valuable insight on each course but sometimes videos can leave you hanging where to select to move onto next item. Only happened in one.
  • Two factor authentication might be worth implementing?
This is very helpful with teaching how to read and react to items that come on a daily basis. It has helped get ticket volume down with teaching and also allows us to delegate who can and cannot read into further deep-dive emails.
Like anything with Infosec, it's been easy to pick up and run with it from day one.
Francisco Manuel Maya Molina | TrustRadius Reviewer
At first[,] I subscribed looking for Data Recovery training. Even when I did not find almost anything about that subject, I discovery the paths. The paths allow me to research more about career plans, and now I am studying to obtain various certifications, like COMPTIA, towards my goal to get certified as CISSP professional.
  • The structured paths
  • The video lessons are clear and to the point
  • They have a lot of themes and topics covered
  • I wish they have more on [the] data recovery subject
  • I wish they provide[d] PDF manuals
  • I wish they provide[d] downloadable content
Well suited, to use it as introductory training to all personnel involved on IT within the company. It will [work] well to learn basic information about a lot of topics related [to] IT, security, etc.

Less appropriate, to give specific training to specialists, or to use it as a study guide before certification exams.
Easy to use, I like the paths. I think Infosec Skills are a great tool to start learning about a lot of topics related to information technology.

I would like to have more content, more case studies, more downloadable manuals, [checklists] or fill-in and sample documents to really use the information on specific projects for our company [...] and to offer to our clients.
Infosec Skills are used across our entire organization. Infosec Skills help to assess and provide Cyber Security defenses for our company.
  • Provide guidance
  • Help assess situations
  • Provide credibility for suggestions
  • Some detailed items are hard to implement without details in the book
  • Some skills aren't currently used in my company
  • Staying relevant to todays technology
[Infosec Skills has been] providing [me] credibility in my role.
Got the material easily, accessed the site easily, and the virtual classroom was very easy.
I have used Infosec Skills for several years. It gave me the best experience to learn and grow and gain the skills needed in the ever changing industry of Information Technology. With knowledgeable instructors, they helped fill my tool bag with knowledge and real world training to help me be competitive for years to come.
  • Live training from anywhere
  • Industry proven instructors
  • Detailed material
  • Updated material to stay on top of changes
  • Better lab tools
I’ll never look to another vendor for this type of product. They are the absolute best at what they do.
Second to none
April 19, 2021

Infosec easy to learn

Alexis Velásquez | TrustRadius Reviewer
With Infosec Skills it is very easy to use and learn about technology. I learn about Linux, cybersecurity, cloud, and more. The courses are very specialized for different things referent to information. I recommend this space to learn all about the administration of the operative system, networking, and security. The teachers are cool. 100% recommended.
  • OS Administration
  • Networking
  • Cyber security
  • Linux
  • Movil app
  • Simple web interface
  • Good teachers
I would give it a 10 because it really is very easy to access and has very good teachers. The web interface is very clear and the videos are of excellent quality, all the topics are very interesting.
Easy to use, is a good tool to learn
[Infosec Skills] is being used just by me, not the company.
  • Extensive library of content
  • Content is broken into bite-sized focused areas
  • Practice tests seem to do a fair job of identifying areas of competency
  • Would be nice [for] Android/IOS/Roku apps to view video content on (Or the ability to cast).
  • Course progress tracker sometimes doesn't work right when marking a video as complete.
  • Post results of [the] practice exam should indicate the section/domain that you need work on (Break down by the amount of right/wrong per section of [the] test).
  • Price seems to kind of high for individuals outside of an organization (Initially, there were no annual plans to save on monthly costs and I can't seem to be able to change it without canceling my account).
Does a good job of getting professionals the CEUs and training needed for certifications in multiple fields. Doesn't appear to have any advanced metrics to determine how a person is doing within the field (Post-test data metrics).
Doesn't work well on mobile devices in the browser and no app support. Getting items to mark as fully completed can be a pain.
April 06, 2021

Infosec Skills Review

Daniel Simpson, CISSP, CISM, CAP, CDPSE, RDRP | TrustRadius Reviewer
This has been utilized to bridge the skills gap across our cyber team and to aid them as they prepare for their various certifications. It also has provided a nice learning foundation for our various cyber team members to utilize as we continue to find ways for cross-utilization with operations while minimizing the downtime needed to ensure everyone’s knowledge is the same.
  • Sets a solid learning foundation
  • Helps with verification preparation
  • Can be easily implemented in any learning plans
  • Some content was dated
  • Some videos seemed to cover some content really quick
  • Consider adding in some other trainings
This is a solid training tool that can be easily implemented in almost anyone’s training and development plans. This is especially true in the cyber realm and where members are actively pursuing version certifications. I would highly encourage any manager or organization as a whole to consider adopting this tool.
To me it was extremely simple to utilize and keep track of progress. Another fantastic feature was the certification prep exams that most of the trainings had incorporated into the tools. As I studied I found it extremely user friendly as I went video to video and flowing around each of the sections
Presently, I am the only team member in my organization using Infosec Skills. I've been using it as a learning resource for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, as our integrated library system sits on a RHEL7 server.
  • Boot Camps
  • Cyber Range
  • Infosec Insiders
  • Honestly the only negative I've had was the test prep book sent as part of RHCSA Boot Camp. It seemed the author rushed publication to address the release of RHEL8. Unfortunately he left containers out completely. I think this has been sorted in a later edition.
The Cyber Range feature [with Infosec Skills] is excellent for hands-on training. It's an enjoyable environment for interactively learning a wide range of skills.
I really enjoyed the interactive elements, and the presenter for my RHCSA Boot Camp was an outstanding instructor.
We use it in my company.
  • Remote Learning process.
  • Instructor knowledge.
  • Content organization.
  • Testing prep.
  • All pricing options available.
Remote learning of cyber sec information.
The written materials and online content was helpful and I found it very useful to prep for the exam after the class as well.
I got everything I needed.