Reviews (1-6 of 6)
December 08, 2016
I have recently worked with Ingeniux to develop a customized CMS for our product documentation, and we just rolled out the publish site internally this week. The launch has been extremely successful so far. Employees are so excited that they will be able to access our product documentation on a centralized site with a robust search and filter capability along with other features for providing feedback, commenting, and subscribing.
- The taxonomy that drives the search and filter is very easy to configure in the CMS.
- The Word Output feature allows us to generate Word files of content on the fly. We love this!
- The CMS allows for easy set up with Google Analytics.
- I would love to see the ability to add inline comments on pages during documentation reviews.
- I would love to see more print options directly from the navigation on the publish site. For example, it would be nice to right-click on a section and have the option to print that whole section (or even create a PDF that the user can download).
- Customized searches would be a great addition.
Read Anna O'Neal's full review
I recommend Ingeniux CMS for any organization that needs to centralize structured, XML-based content on a single site that allows for easy navigation, commenting, searching, subscribing, etc.
February 26, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
We have a main administrator who manages the use of Ingeniux CMS across the whole campus. Most departments have a representative that updates content and acts as a liaison to the administrator. This was the role I had. It was easy to update the website and was great to have a contact person that you could go to if you had any problems.
- Navigating to the pages was very simple. This was great because if someone told you there was an issue on a page it was easy to find.
- Formatting was very easy. You didn't need to use HTML, but there was an option where you could. This was nice because then more people could be doing their job with less training
- The Preview feature allows you to see the site before you publish it. This was good in preventing errors.
- For my job, Ingeniux CMS did everything I needed it to. I really don't have any complaints.
Read Ronald Pleban's full review
As mentioned before, Ingeniux CMS did everything I needed it to. For people who are more html savy, they may not like the user friendly nature of the program. I have a familiarity with HTML but didn't need it to comfortably operate the program. I don't know that it was even an advantage for me.
February 03, 2016
Ingeniux CMS allows the Communications and Marketing Department to manage the public website, a virtual window into this university. Approximately 90 users have access to update certain portions of the website. Two CMS managers oversee and approve their edits while also providing regular training, insight, and best practices to ensure a high-quality visitor experience and consistent web standards.
- Customer Service. Ingeniux is a relatively small CMS company, and that's its strongest asset.
- Training. Their trainers are the best in the business. They break down areas that are hard to understand into manageable pieces. Training for CMS Administrators was one of my best professional experiences.
- Specialization in higher ed. It's nice to have a company that knows what they're doing. In the realm of higher ed, the visitor experience is very different from selling a physical product, and IGX recognizes that, adjusting their CMS accordingly.
- User Interface. It could use a refresh.
- More online resources. The most recent Admin manuals, training or how-to videos/screencasts, etc.
There used to be an athletics module, but I believe that was discontinued.
Read Robin Ruetenik's full review
Friendly, knowledgeable, willing to teach. Their satisfaction is reached when I get my problem solved.
We design and develop compelling websites for other companies, primarily in higher education and tourism, and one of the content management systems we use is Ingeniux CMS. I am one of three developers who builds the website statically and integrates it directly into the CMS. In my agency, I am the most experienced with Ingeniux CMS, and have been working with the technology since early 2011, on version 7.5.
- Ingeniux CMS is great for a freeform organization of your content, because it abstracts away all the confusing elements you'd find in most CMSs and just gives you the raw tools to build out your content.
- Ingeniux CMS has a very powerful PageBuilder tool that allows both customers and developers to create powerful, versatile templates with a large palette of components and widgets your users can use.
- The ease of integrating static code into the CMS is a definite advantage over other systems.
- Everything you will need for your website will likely need to be built from scratch. There are little to no out-of-the-box modules that come with the CMS.
- There is a total absence of a user community for Ingeniux, so obtaining support from anyone other than Ingeniux themselves is non-existent.
- Ingeniux is getting better at this but the documentation of their product and feature set is somewhat limited, and generally only available through in-person training sessions, which can be costly.
Read Ian Moffitt's full review
Ingeniux CMS is great for large sites with lots of content. It has great user management tools and workflow options, so working with a large team of developers or content authors isn't a problem at all. It also has a customizable interface to remove any of the confusion from your users. I would only recommend it for organizations with lots of content. It is a bit too much for smaller sites or smaller companies.
Ingeniux CMS is being used at Morgan State as the CMS for our Morgan Web Site. It allows end users to create and edit their web presence.
Read Karen Rubinstein's full review
- Allows us to add content to an existing template.
- Lack of good documentation for more 'advanced' options. An online manual would be nice.
- Author - Publisher flow could be improved. If a user is both an author and a publisher of their 'site' we need to go through the "re-edit" / "send to publisher" over and over. If one is a publisher we should be able to 're-edit" then publish right away without having to go back into author mode.
February 26, 2014
Score 7 out of 10
Our organization uses Ingeniux CMS (IGX CMS) every day. It is important part of our organization as much of the University's information to the public is conveyed through our overall website. I am writing this review as a personal observation and not on behalf of the University. Overall, just about every department on campus has allocated sections for which they use and maintain our website using this CMS. The CMS has been helpful and not too steep of a learning curve for our users. We have been able to publish important notices, link to our active directory and other user management systems, organize content and much more. Me coming from a Drupal environment, it seems like this is what this CMS was built to do and as a supporter and a web critic, I can say it does the job fairly well.
- Organizing content has never been easier! - it's a matter of drag and dropping pages in a site tree where you want them to live
- Powerful Taxonomy tagging system - does everything from adding a reference to your page which can be activated wherever taxonomy tags are accepted in your site to transforming user interaction to generate dynamic content on a fly
- Good support team - always there to answer questions and help. This is a plus!
- Functionality, functionality, functionality - the cms has so much functionality to a new user, it is somewhat overwhelming
- Not much developer resources/communities can be found online, which makes it somewhat difficult when you-the developer gets stumped at a question. Their documentation could use some work as well, as it does not cover enough to get a developer who has never used the CMS up and running on their own compared to other CMS'
- They can get pricey when integrating or developing for a client, which is why their market is mainly mid-to-large sites
- Updates are frequent when a new version of the cms software is released. Testing the updates in a staging environment is always encouraged before implementing new patches/updates on your live site.
Read La Shauna Nichols's full review
This is a CMS solution that uses ASP and now XSLT and ASP.NET MVC environment, so make sure your servers are Windows based. Also, be sure to speak about audits to your CMS environment, this can save you time, money and energy if you intend on developing anything custom in the future. The more prepared your environment, the smoother it is to use this powerful cms.
Ingeniux CMS Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ingeniux CMS
Ingeniux is a provider of web content management and digital experience software. The vendor states their solutions are built to enable organizations to orchestrate the entire customer experience – from acquisition through to support and service – on any device, application, or website. Ingeniux CMS is designed to manage and deliver modern websites, customer support portals, online communities, and other customer touchpoints.
The vendor further states Ingeniux builds content management software with a focus on content itself, believing in intelligent “structured” content, and design software to enable content reuse, true mobile and multi-channel content delivery, and insightful content discovery. Their content-as-a-service capabilities deliver content into web and mobile applications, and other key channels.
Ingeniux software is available as a fully managed software service or an on-premise application. Their team offers service and support to customers worldwide.
They invite readers to learn more at https://www.ingeniux.com.
Categories: Content Management
Ingeniux CMS Screenshots
Ingeniux CMS Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Ingeniux CMS Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||15%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||35%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||50%|
Ingeniux CMS Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Ingeniux CMS Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|