Reviews (1-1 of 1)
July 17, 2019
Score 1 out of 10
- Products were as-advertised.
- Pricing on HPE servers was competitive.
- Shipping process was reliable.
- Very hard to find the products you're looking for on the site if you don't already know exactly what you're trying to find. Lots of similar/identical products with uninformative naming conventions.
- Poor faceted navigation.
- Entire site is painfully slow.
- The policy of automatically closing inactive accounts after 12 months, with no ability to re-open it upon customer request, is crazy.
- Pricing on most commonplace IT products (outside of things like HPE servers) is not competitive at all, it's almost always cheaper to just buy on Amazon, and even when Ingram is cheaper, the difference is so negligible it's pointless to bother.
Read this authenticated review
I wouldn't recommend Ingram Micro unless you're dealing in such large volume that you're willing to put up with a miserable experience in exchange for maybe negotiating better volume pricing or something similar, There's just nothing that really warrants recommending Ingram. I'm just not sure what the supposed upside is, it seems like a service middle management might be fine with it, but for people just trying to get things done, this should be a hard pass.
Ingram Micro Scorecard Summary
About Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro is a global technology consultancy providing a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services.
Categories: Consulting and Advisory Services, Product Implementation Services, Value-Added Resellers (VARs), IT Professional Services