InsideScoop on InsideView

Great system!

InsideView Review

If I could do it, you can do it too!

An inside view of InsideView

The best tool an SDR can have!

Inside View on InsideView

Improve prospect outreach

InsideView to the rescue

InsideView is a must!!

Industry information (90)

Contact information (89)

Company information (90)

Load time/data access (88)

What is InsideView, from Demandbase?

8 people want pricing too

What is Crunchbase?

Crunchbase is a provider of private-company prospecting and research solutions. The vendor boasts that over 60 million users—including salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, and market researchers—use Crunchbase to prospect for new business opportunities, and that companies all over the world rely…

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a sales intelligence software solution offered by LinkedIn.

Prospecting

Sales Intelligence Data Standards

Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification

Sales Intelligence Email Features

What is InsideView, from Demandbase?

InsideView’s targeting intelligence platform promises to help you identify the best targets, get relevant insights at the right time, and see exactly who your customers are and what they really need. It aims to deliver consistent, real-time access to data, insights, and connections that unify your siloed systems and align your customer engagement around a single, reliable view of the customer.

InsideView entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Demandbase in May, 2021. InsideView is now a Demandbase company.

InsideView, from Demandbase Competitors

InsideView, from Demandbase Technical Details

Alternatives

What is InsideView, from Demandbase's best feature?

Reviewers rate Append emails to records highest, with a score of 9.7.

Who uses InsideView, from Demandbase?

The most common users of InsideView, from Demandbase are from Mid-size Companies and the Computer Software industry.

Eliza Tutellier | TrustRadius Reviewer
I loved how easy it was to build a watchlist for companies I was researching. You can import a list of multiple organizations all at once and be immediately up to date on their latest developments. The company search feature is excellent, providing an instant overview of financials, org charts, size, and recent news. I was surprised by the wealth and accuracy of data that is immediately made available at one's fingertips, including phone numbers, email addresses, and even social details on prospective clients. Instead of searching on multiple platforms, or even different places on the same platform, InsideView gives access to all relevant data in one place, at one glance. It made my internship experience a lot more productive and streamlined. I can't imagine doing my work going forward without this essential tool!
  • Accurate and complete contact information for anyone in a management position
  • High-level overview of prospect's involvement at their company and previous work history
  • Excellent aggregation of company news and mentions, including on social media platforms
  • I experienced some lags in how long it took for a watchlist to populate, which was up to 24 hours in one case
  • Once looking at a company profile, it would be nice to navigate back to search results without having to initiate a whole new search sequence
While InsideView seems more comprehensive than LinkedIn SalesNavigator, when you're looking to identify and save contacts with a particular area of responsibility (IT, for instance), Navigator provides results and means to track them more quickly and easily. Having to "unselect" every other job area category when initially landing on a company overview page in InsideView is tedious and time-consuming.
Bryan Stovall | TrustRadius Reviewer
[InsideView, from Demandbase is] used across the entire organization at my role of BDR. This is integrated into our Salesforce Org, to be able to view any account's information directly from the account page. Used to gather contacts, numbers and emails as well as to understand the company's hierarchy. This tool is used for prospecting, refreshing accounts, contacts and keeping up to date with the latest scopes from company's making news headlines and trigger events.
  • Accurate contact information
  • Amazing customer service
  • Ease of use on Salesforce platform
  • Employee counts
  • Logins for Salesforce employees
  • More numbers for higher ups in companies
[InsideView, from Demandbase is] well suited for anyone trying to get a holistic view of a company in a fairly quick amount of time. Can view the totem pole, who reports to who, and numbers/emails when applicable for contacts. Can also see news and insights into what the company is up to, whether or not they're looking for or securing funding, and trigger events to reach out about.
Hope Kang | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by marketing employees to research and verify company data.
  • The News Feed can be sorted by personal watchlist, which is very useful for scanning the news that's most relevant to our company.
  • The business description helps users categorize and describe the company for more accurate profiles.
  • The Family Tree is easy to filter and sort, and makes it easy to see relationships with subsidiaries in different countries.
  • Revenue is often missing, especially from smaller companies.
  • Primary SIC codes are often incorrect.
  • Company contact information is often out-of-date, as compared with other databases and/or the company website.
InsideView is great for researching larger and more well-known companies, and somewhat less so for many smaller and/or lesser-known companies. It is a good resource for revenue, number of employees, SIC code, contact information, and company description, but it is necessary to compare with another database to be sure information is accurate.
I have not needed or requested support for InsideView.
Chioma Fasan  MBA,CBDE | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is used for sales development internships in my organization. It is used to find insights on companies; it is used to access company financials, org charts, and size. InsideView is used to follow daily news alerts on companies and for conversation starters. It is used to find the contact information of prospects. It solves sales problems by finding the contact information of prospects when building a lead list.
  • alerts on company news
  • company and contact information
  • insights on company and prospects
  • better arrangement of company profile pages and features
InsideView is well suited for learning about companies; profiles, getting insight and news alerts. it is well suited for sales development; building a lead list, getting insights on companies, and finding new connections through LinkedIn. it is a helpful tool for building an ideal customer profile. When using InsideView, It is important to have a valid name and company in other to achieve your objectives.
It is like LinkedIn met Pinterest and had a professional bodybuilder child! Incredible power to create a whole world of information around the specific industry--compiling knowledge, articles, trends, influencers, businesses, and a whole lot more! We used it specifically for the task of generating knowledge of certain industries to procure information for sales lead procurement. The main areas it addresses are how to create a bubble of facts so that you can be in the know about a specific areas of business!
  • Personalized news channel--the watch list functionality
  • Easy integration of business information pulled from LinkedIn
  • Integration from sales leads list
  • Design--the UX could use a facelift, driving appeal and efficiency in navigating the website
InsideView, from Demandbase, can be useful in many different scenarios, even though I used it specifically for sales prospecting, it could easily be translated to other professions. Anyone can use it to create a personalized, business-focused collection of contacts, information, and important industry news.
InsideView was a very critical tool for me when reaching out to potential clients. It truly enables personalization in an efficient timeframe. Even better than LinkedIn for personalization in my experience, I was able to pull up the prospect's company. Conduct a Google search for the specific prospect through InsideView (which is a very convenient feature) and be able to pull up company/industry specific news for further personalization when reaching out. Depending on the typical size of your leads InsideView may or may not have that company in their database, I was working with lower-tier leads so sometimes I wasn't able to actually find the company on InsideView. This was a pretty rare problem for me and one I would be surprised to see other people running in to frequently as I was in an internship and had limited access to decent quality leads. It was used by every person in our internship to differing degrees of success, but once we all figured it out it was a very strong tool.
  • You are able to quickly and easily compile a list of companies not only from your LinkedIn but from SalesForce with a specifically formatted excel file.
  • Very understandable layout, easy to interact with, and a variety of helpful information all in one easy to access area.
  • Having industry and company news is key for personalization in outreach (and personalization is key to success).
  • No strong critiques from my experience, was very user friendly and if they didn't have a company's information in the database you were unlikely to have much more success through Google.
InsideView is very well suited for sales, truly creates an avenue for personalization that would have otherwise been closed. InsideView is helpful at keeping you up to date on existing clients. You can add as many companies as you want to your watchlist and constantly keep up to date on what is going on in their industry or even their specific companies. I could see it being less useful for doing general research on companies for M&A as the information Is pretty limited and only has what they can compile from the internet so no private news or anything.
InsideView is such a valuable resource for researching not only companies, but people. I was able to find news and press releases about companies before reaching out, so I could understand the target on a more personal level. There is a great function of creating a watchlist. The watchlist allows you to create a list of companies you want to follow. The watchlist gives you notifications about any news that gets updated about that company. InsideView also offers verified contact information for successful outreach. One of my favorite features is the Call Prep function. This function suggests questions to ask during cold call outreach that is relevant to the company and the industry.
  • The Watchlist was great for getting immediate information on companies you are tracking. It was helpful with finding information directly related to companies I was working with and assisting with personalization of my outreach.
  • The Call Prep was one of my favorite features! This feature helped me to prepare relevant questions to ask when cold calling and get a better understanding of what questions would be relevant to that specific company or industry.
  • Access to verified contact information of people at companies. This ensured that my outreach would be successful and reach the person.
  • The list of people at companies, including job title, was extremely helpful for finding leads in a specific role at a company.
  • For some companies, the news and press releases were not relevant to that specific company. For example, if the name of a company was part of a title of a news article, it would show up within the company news. However, there were a couple of times that the news article had nothing to do with that company.
Overall, InsideView is a valuable resource for researching companies and people. I was able to use the information to help improve my personalization and make relevant outreach communications. I was able to find information on InsideView that I could not find using traditional Google searches. InsideView helped to speed-up the research process so I could spend more time effectively engaging with prospects.
InsideView offers a training hub and support option. This support is great because you have access to get help with functions throughout InsideView so you can get the most of the product.
As an SDR fellow in Cohort 40 at SV Academy, we leveraged InsideView to research our prospects from our leads list. It really helps to clean out our leads and find and correct relevant information like phone numbers, emails, and new companies if they have left their previous employer.
  • Provide accurate information on prospects
  • Show users how they are connected to potential leads
  • Provides the most up to date information
  • Allows users to submit feedback and corrects
  • Simplicity of user interface
InsideView was key for me to find and research prospects on an older leads list. Using InsideView, I was able to locate my prospects, update their contact information, see their previous companies, and see how I am connected to them, allowing for a potential introduction by a mutual acquaintance.
The support team at InsideView is very receptive to feedback and welcomes any corrections to their data as well.
InsideView, from Demandbase, is my battle station for sales! I really enjoy how easy it is to get news on companies I am targeting via the watchlist feature and finding stakeholder information through the organizational charts. InsideView, from Demandbase, has helped me save a lot of time by having news delivered straight to my inbox, which I use to create customized emails and start conversations. The directory tool allows me to find reliable contact information quickly and connect with decision-makers via LinkedIn. Overall, the time saved has allowed me to create custom emails with a significantly higher click-through rate and response rate when compared to my templates without information from InsideView, from Demandbase.
  • Up-to-date news and financial information.
  • Directory is very easy to navigate.
  • Very easy to set up watchlists and find people.
  • Newsfeed should put more articles on one page so you don't have to scroll as much.
I find InsideView, from Demandbase, super helpful in gathering news and financial information. This, in turn, allows me to create customized emails for decision-makers. It's a great one-stop shop for my sales email outreach and helps me save a lot of time. The application is effortless to set up and use. I can see the positive impact InsideView, from Demandbase, has had on my email outreach.
We are using InsideView across our organization. We use it to add to our data base.
  • Ease of use.
  • Great customer service.
  • Extensive data base.
  • No issues with ease of use.
  • No problems with customer service.
  • They have great data.
I had some issues and they took the time to schedule a call with me to train me better to use their product and stayed on the line until I was completely satisfied.
InsideView is used by our sales development fellows to help them gather information on prospects. This platform has helped me find accurate contact information on my leads. Also, their product's ability to let me follow specific company news reports allowed me to stay up to date on my prospects' businesses, which provided me with relevant insights into their challenges.
  • Easy access to my prospects' contact information
  • Insight on a company's financial information
  • Includes call prep information
  • Smaller companies may not be on the platform
  • Financial information is not included for smaller companies
InsideView is a benefit to my workflow. I used it as a tool to help me explain my reasoning for reaching out to my prospects. My time researching companies and leads was significantly reduced because InsideView contained most of the information I needed to draft a personalized email to C-level executives.
I did not have to utilize their support system, as their implementation process made setting up my account and watchlist easy to organize. InsideView does provide a page where you are able to submit a request for any issues you encounter with their products. I appreciate the easy access to their support team if any issues do arise.
January 29, 2021

Great system!

Wesley Welle | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used insideview as a part of my internship program with SV Academy and Talend. It was so nice to use and very user-friendly. My fellow Interns and I used it to assist us in researching the prospects on our lead lists. It was very useful in informing us if a prospect left the company we had written down and in some cases who replaced them. It also helped us by keeping us up to date on company news. This kind of information is crucial in the sales world.
  • Keeps an updated list of employees
  • Consistently updates you on news about companies on you watchlist
  • Very User Friendly
  • I had zero problems with it
This a really amazing tool for Sales representatives. It makes market research very simple.
InsideView was used for our internship as upcoming sales professionals. We had the benefit of pre-existing leads to contact in our CRM. Unfortunately, many of the leads were missing updated contacts. InsideView was the remedy to the issue, as it allowed us to accurately find the missing information needed to prospect to our leads.
  • Accurate information
  • Easy to navigate
  • Organization tools
  • Reminders
  • Needs more social platforms for searching (Facebook, Tiktoc, Youtube)
InsideView is best used for reliable information when searching for methods to contact prospects. Insideview is also great for insight into the company that a prospect works for. InsideView is also a good tool to discover other connections to the prospect for additional leads.If you are searching for prospects social media information, look elsewhere unless it is LinkedIn.
An insideView customer support specialist visited our team via zoom and helped us learn the tools provided, as well as answer difficult questions about the software.

My Likes & Dislikes: Building a Watchlist to Track Companies using Insideview.

My likes definitely out weight the dislike of using this tool. I like how much research time I save by breaking down the important aspects that Insideview considers about each company which is Company, People, and Insights. The tool allows you to copy and paste your target company leads straight out of your sales cadence into a Watchlist that can be labeled per target of leads.

I’ll talk about what aspects of the tool were most useful to me in my research. The tool gives so much information about what to consider about a company. My watchlist aspects gave me fast expert points to pay attention to. At first glance, my list gives a number of employees and revenue which gave me an idea of which companies to prioritize my outreach.

First Company tab,

I LIKE the overview information that defines the company. On this tab, you find a clear summary of what the company does, followed by a website to learn more about their Products and Services.

The Industry knowledge subtab lets me know how the company wants to use its product. For me having that industry knowledge sets the tone for how I should approach offering the value of my product to align with their focus.

The next subtab that stands out strongly is the Challenges the company faces. This tab shows information that allowed me to consider mechanisms of practice or a lack in advancement the company faces internally and around their customer challenges. This is where I gain my expert opinion on what strategies or technology a client could benefit from using. Call Prep tab displays a list of questions that are perfect for digging deeper into the companies challenges. I found them to be a great insert in the first stage of my call script using the SV Academy Conversational Selling Methodology. During my intro call to clients, I used these relevant open-ended questions to build credibility and trust to speak to questions concerning their industry.

Dislike having to go back into the Watchlist drop-down to select my custom watchlist each time to do a new search on the next company. I would like to just click a return tab back to my watchlist to cut down my clicks every time I need new company research.

Second People tab,

I LIKE the directory because it lets you follow the more impactful organizational leaders, narrowing down job functions and Job level. This tool helped me dive directly into the research of my persona verifying contact information, directly linking me to their Linkedin and their Google search. Great way to save a few clicks while searching your persona.

Lastly on Insight Tab,

I LIKE the most recent news events about the company because they helped with my ideas to form my personalized intro emails. I was able to mention recent successes or praise around the company growth initiatives. Also above some news articles, Inside view uniquely lists contacts within the organizations that are mentioned in news articles to help see other impactful influencers and decision-makers within the company.

Dislike about Insight Tab: None!

• Saves time on researching Prospects
  • Lets users create watchlist per targeted list of Leads
  • Provides helpful expert knowledge to gain credibility with persona
  • Directory for impactful leaders in an Organization
  • Recent News and Events On companies
  • Dislike having to go back into the Watchlist drop-down to select my custom watchlist each time to do a new search on the next company. I would like to just click a return tab back to my watchlist to cut down my clicks every time I need new company research
  • Dislike on People Tab was not having a detailed summary of my persona. This wasn’t a big bummer because I could just do the detailed research on my own using the Linkedin and Google links

First Company tab,

Second People tab,

Lastly on Insight Tab,

We created watch lists to help cleanse our lead lists and to gather relevant information on the companies our leads were apart of. It also gave us information to better personalize our messages in our outreach.
  • It is very user friendly, the interface is not challenging to use
  • It is very informative
  • It is very helpful, and is easy to look up a particular company and see if that particular lead is still apart of the company
  • Adding more detail into the employees of the companies
  • Making sure the information is up to date and is clean
  • give more filter options to better narrow the search
It is a great took to look through when trying to clean up your lead lists as well as a tool to find people's correct information. It is also a great tool to help create personalized outreach to your leads.
January 29, 2021

InsideView Review

Thomas Nguyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having the Watchlist was great because you were able to track companies that you're interested in and see all their newest updates all on one page. The company search feature was excellent because it had the companies information on: financial news, charts, and size. Insideview was a great resource because it had a lot of up to date information needed when I was researching prospects.
  • User-friendly
  • up-to-date information
  • quite helpful Watchlist
  • it was a little difficult syncing LinkedIn
Where less appropriate, it takes time to understand the layout of the program but once you understand it it is quite helpful.
I was helped when needed
InsideView is being utilized to generate, gain insight, and develop leads. There are several data points that InsideView generates and provides for SDR's or anyone really who is in the sales role. As part of our outreach, InsideView was probably a prioritized resource and tool that was used to qualify leads and more importantly, create a personalized form of outreach. The information is vast and organized, creating a streamlined form of information directly to SDR's.
  • Watchlist
  • Updated News Feed
  • "Family Tree" Option
  • Interface could have updated position/title
[Well suited for] quantifying lead lists.
Support was helpful and there weren't really many issues for the need to troubleshoot in the first place.
I loved the watchlist to track companies since it made my life, thousand times easier. I remember getting a trigger event alert from my watchlist, and I knew I could capitalize on it.
I liked it because I had to connect my LinkedIn contacts for others to use. I've spent my life building those contacts and what scared me was letting others on my team use me as a reference.

However, having that option enabled me to get more people to sign on. I've got to say what InsideView could let me do that I could not do before is get those alerts, and I capitalized on it!!!!
It helped my experience as an SDR intern understand what trigger events worked and what things I could improve regarding my goals.

• Find insights on prospects
  • Follow daily news alerts for conversation starters
  • View company and contact information
  • Find new connections through LinkedIn
  • I wish it could plugin into my SEP & CRM this way it would allow me to find things faster on them.
If your an SDR or AE(I have a financial sales background and sold directly to high networth and ultra-high networth individuals), this is KEY to your funnel.

There's no way better to tailor and personalize your outreach than InsideView. If you're in a clutch and "need to figure it out," this platform is where you get it.
InsideView is a great tool to research and learn more about various companies and businesses. It was beneficial in my internship where I had to learn about different industry verticals to communicate with different people. Using the watchlist feature was great since InsideView gave me relevant information for targeted companies I was looking out for. The company search feature was also of great use since it provided information regarding financials, company size, and competitors. With InsideView, I was given an overview and developed a better understanding of my target companies and their place in the market's ecosystem. The daily news alerts were great for conversation starters and gave me the opportunity to strategically target who I wanted to reach out to on LinkedIn. InsideView helped me expand my understanding of companies so that I could meet my quota during my internship.
  • Provides insight on prospects
  • Provides daily news for target company
  • Provides company and contact information for relevant individuals
  • InsideView could improve on its UI
  • InsideView may be missing updated news for target companies
  • InsideView is missing social media information for early startups
InsideView gives the user detailed information so that they can have a 360-degree understanding of what a company does. During my internship at SV Academy, while researching target companies, I was able to search information regarding the company, professionals who work there, and read about recent news from various sources of social media.
InsideView has a useful support page for troubleshooting issues.
InsideView was part of our sales internship collaboration between Talend and SV Academy, utilized as a business intelligence source for our prospecting blitz channelling traffic towards a series of webinars on data integration and logistics software. Once we loaded all the target companies into InsideView, we were able to use the business intelligence to personalize our prospect outreach to individual targets and warm leads.
  • Business Intelligence
  • In depth knowledge of industries
  • Breakdown of market news by verticals
  • Breakdown of market news by type of news - mergers, budgets, promotions etc.
  • Competitor analysis.
InsideView is a great sales tool and much more powerful and versatile than some of the currently more widely used alternatives.
It is a one stop shop and their novel "News Agent" concept helps quickly direct users to the relevant news they need.
We had a hands on session with an InsideView rep that really gave a tour de force of the product and highlights its versatility and strengths.
InsideView is used across the organization to provide important information to the SDR's in preparing them for the real world. It simplifies prospecting as well as remaining on top of a constantly updating workforce. It is utilized hand in hand with LinkedIn as well as our CRM.
  • Ease of Use, the ability to import from different CRM's is excellent as it cuts down on user input
  • Provided training with the software
  • Ability to customize, creating different watchlists for different accounts helps keep the lists organized
  • Learning curve using software
  • Work History
In a SaaS or sales role, the ability to prospect and keep tabs on prospects through active watchlists is very helpful.
A representative spoke with the team, as well as gave contact information for specified help if need be.
I used InsideView as part of my SDR Internship with SV Academy. I found it to be a great resource for finding relevant information to personalize prospect outreach. The user interface is intuitive and (depending on the company) there is a wealth of information. As InsideView continues to build on its dataset of company information, it could become the authoritative platform for prospecting research.
  • Provides relevant insights on prospects
  • Daily news alerts for conversation starters with prospects
  • Expanding database of company and employee information
  • Needs more information on small and mid-size companies
The best use case for Inside View is prospect research. It is especially helpful in providing conversation starters for outreach emails. Relevant articles can provide signals that personas at ICPs may be open to meetings.
A great tool to use for obtaining critical and useful information for sales teams. Has been extremely beneficial to all members of my team and we will continue to use it proudly!
  • Organized
  • Insighful
  • Useful
  • More accurate information
  • It's all pretty great
  • Phenomenal useful
Great for all sales teams! Such a useful tool and really could benefit a lot of teams! Really enjoyed all aspects of the product and can't wait to continue to use the tool, it's great for locating the information of employees who may not be on SalesLoft or do not have up to date information on SalesLoft. I cannot think of any places where it would be less appropriate.
My account was unexpectedly dis activated and was not given a reason, this was disappointing.
December 23, 2020

InsideView to the rescue

Wycliffe Reid | TrustRadius Reviewer
<div>InsideView is currently being used across our entire organization. It allows us to collect company trending news and updates to assist with personalizing our correspondence for our clients and prospective clients. This is very helpful to us because it allows us to better understand the pain points of our clients and prospective clients to provide them with better informed and thoughtful solutions for their technological challenges. </div><div><br></div>
  • The Family Tree feature is very helpful.
  • The Similar Companies section is very helpful in seeing competitor information.
  • The Challenges tab under the industry section is also very useful.
  • There was a slight learning curve navigating through the various tab and sections.
  • There was some challenges syncing the LinkedIn accounts.
When sales development representatives are prospecting for new clients they are able to collect very important and relevant information on the company and industry to assist in addressing pain points and challenges they are facing.
The support team is very comprehensive and helpful.
December 22, 2020

InsideView is a must!!

InsideView is being used by our sales department in research efforts while prospecting new clients, and companies while filtering leads list. With the ability to create a watchlist, InsideView provides us with the most up-to-date information about our targeted companies in a unified platform. Also, with the ability to review a company's financials, employees at the company, and current industry trends our reps are loaded with topics to contact customers and achieve their activity metrics.
  • Watchlist.
  • Unified platform.
  • Industry trends.
  • Search filtering on a specific person can be updated.
  • Work history of a specific person.
InsideView is great when you are prospecting clients. As a sales rep it provided valuable information on a current company or industry trend which loaded up my strategy for a "cold" approach on a new client. Also with the ability to create a specific watchlist for companies in a unified platform it made it super quick and easy to be updated with current events.
We had an intro session with a customer success rep and were given a rundown of the platform and it was absolutely perfect. The rep was able to show us advanced search options and shortcuts that cut our search time.