InsideView Reviews

Wycliffe Reid | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is currently being used across our entire organization. It allows us to collect company trending news and updates to assist with personalizing our correspondence for our clients and prospective clients. This is very helpful to us because it allows us to better understand the pain points of our clients and prospective clients to provide them with better informed and thoughtful solutions for their technological challenges.

• The Family Tree feature is very helpful.
  • The Similar Companies section is very helpful in seeing competitor information.
  • The Challenges tab under the industry section is also very useful.
  • There was a slight learning curve navigating through the various tab and sections.
  • There was some challenges syncing the LinkedIn accounts.
When sales development representatives are prospecting for new clients they are able to collect very important and relevant information on the company and industry to assist in addressing pain points and challenges they are facing.
The support team is very comprehensive and helpful.
Read Wycliffe Reid's full review
Lionel Poole | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is being used by our sales department in research efforts while prospecting new clients, and companies while filtering leads list. With the ability to create a watchlist, InsideView provides us with the most up-to-date information about our targeted companies in a unified platform. Also, with the ability to review a company's financials, employees at the company, and current industry trends our reps are loaded with topics to contact customers and achieve their activity metrics.
  • Watchlist.
  • Unified platform.
  • Industry trends.
  • Search filtering on a specific person can be updated.
  • Work history of a specific person.
InsideView is great when you are prospecting clients. As a sales rep it provided valuable information on a current company or industry trend which loaded up my strategy for a "cold" approach on a new client. Also with the ability to create a specific watchlist for companies in a unified platform it made it super quick and easy to be updated with current events.
We had an intro session with a customer success rep and were given a rundown of the platform and it was absolutely perfect. The rep was able to show us advanced search options and shortcuts that cut our search time.
Read Lionel Poole's full review
December 29, 2020
Hope Kang | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by marketing employees to research and verify company data.
  • The News Feed can be sorted by personal watchlist, which is very useful for scanning the news that's most relevant to our company.
  • The business description helps users categorize and describe the company for more accurate profiles.
  • The Family Tree is easy to filter and sort, and makes it easy to see relationships with subsidiaries in different countries.
  • Revenue is often missing, especially from smaller companies.
  • Primary SIC codes are often incorrect.
  • Company contact information is often out-of-date, as compared with other databases and/or the company website.
InsideView is great for researching larger and more well-known companies, and somewhat less so for many smaller and/or lesser-known companies. It is a good resource for revenue, number of employees, SIC code, contact information, and company description, but it is necessary to compare with another database to be sure information is accurate.
I have not needed or requested support for InsideView.
Read Hope Kang's full review
December 24, 2020
Andrew Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is being used to research and develop relationships and gain insights on different organizations we prospect. The fact that the vast amount of data points aggregated by the platform, and the user correction feature makes it a viable source for information. I believe InsideView synthesizes the information and presents it in a organized and palatable manner.
  • Vast information sources.
  • Cleaning of that information.
  • Great at utilizing user feedback.
  • Excellecnt on site training modules.
  • I think it's a bit cumbersome, needs to be more efficient.
It is well suited to gain broad strokes to compliment your research, and make connections.
I never used its support, but I did get an overview from an employee and she was very thorough. I give her a nine.
Read Andrew Jones's full review
Joel Patterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView has been used for prospect research and personalization purposes. It allows us to gather and become familiar with current company news, insights, and major happenings in one centralized platform.
  • InsideView provides a great company overview. For example, Bankcard Services InsideView tells when the company was founded, company locations, the type of service provided, etc.
  • When it comes to the industry information of the companies, InsideView provides industry specific call prep questions such as: How does your company minimize system interruptions and downtime?
  • The people tab is awesome, it provides a place to crosscheck your leads to ensure their contact information is correct as well as their current employer.
  • When searching for companies such as "Los Angeles County" it is difficult to to figure out which search option is relevant.
  • Some companies such as The Stockroom Inc., have no information regarding employees of recent news. This means you have to leave InsideView to gather information.
  • Some company summaries could be more concise such as Point B in Los Angeles. We aren't searching for all of the nitty gritty details, we just want to understand what the company does and why in simple language.
InsideView is well suited for the personalization of outreach to prospects. You are able to find multiple points to help you better connect with your prospect. For example, in Salesforce's acquisition of slack, Slack was represented by my prospect's company (Latham & Watkins LLP). I was privy to this information as it hit the internet because of InsideView's newsfeed function.
Fortunately, I did not run into issues where I needed support. However, the product demonstration was helpful and answered many of the questions that I had.
Read Joel Patterson's full review
Miriam Fernández Gallego | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is used by the whole organization but especially for salespeople. We mainly use it as a way to obtain contacts in new prospects, helping us to reach the right person for the sales message. It also provides some general information about the company (location, annual revenue, contact number, and what do they do). Also interesting, it provides a family tree, which is useful to know if a company is inside a group of companies).
  • Important contacts
  • General overview of the company
  • Size of company (people and revenue)
  • I miss contacts in smaller companies.
  • No information recovered from social media.
InsideView is great if you don't have previous information about a prospect. It gives you a first idea of the company and, more importantly, it gives you some contacts you can use as a first contact to approach the company. Sometimes, it provides contacts that are not up to date, so you can miss new contacts or maybe some of the contacts are no longer in the company.
quick response when I ask for contacts. the provide you with the right contact in the needed area.
Read Miriam Fernández Gallego's full review
Ayro Palpal-latoc | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is being used among the SDR interns in order to assist in the initial stages of the prospecting process. It has allowed for the gathering of comprehensive data on companies, and their employees, in many verticals in an efficient manner, which has allowed for quick personalization when doing outreach for B2B sales.
  • The interface makes it very easy to find relative information quickly.
  • It is easy to import already existing company lists.
  • Links and contact information are reliable.
  • News articles could be displayed in a more digestible format.
  • Setup could be a little more clear in regards to linking certain accounts.
  • Employer list could be more comprehensive. I could not find my employer.
When looking up information on a specific company, InsideView presented me with recent and relevant news articles within the last month that allowed me to resonate with the company contact that I had. I was able to personalize my outreach and show empathy in my messages. However, when just seeking basic information on a company, the interface can get slightly convoluted.
I have not particularly used the support that much as yet, but it seems to go in pretty good depth about a lot of topics.
Read Ayro Palpal-latoc's full review
Marc Troppmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
We successfully use InsideView Sales, Target and Data Integrity. These services combined provide a valuable toolset for Prospecting as well as Account and Contact database maintenance. It helps us identify relevant buyer personas within a target company and gain a good overview into further sales targets horizontally and vertically within the family tree or organizations. The automated data maintenance processes help us to keep data up to date and identify outdated information. Also Lead enrichment is key for us. This benefits multiple departments in our organization (Marketing, Sales Development, Sales, Finance, Operations).
  • Identify relevant contacts of a target company.
  • Partial to full automation of data maintenance.
  • Information easy to digest and to transfer into CRM.
  • Data Integrity and IV Sales show some identical functionalities, however with the newer product Data Integrity there are still some data inconsistencies in results returned to CRM. Team has made great improvements though over the past few months (as of Q4-2020).
  • Looking forward to new features like "Intent Data" reports, to see what are hot topics with Prospects.
Use it for prospecting, Lead/Contact/Account data enrichment, data maintenance automation and setting up target lists (Accounts or Contacts).
Not usable for cadence automation, mass emailing or outbound call cadences. There are other tools for that...
Supporting teams (Customer Success, Implementation team, Support team, Product development team) all have been very responsive and really tried to understand what issues I had. They took the necessary time, worked with me through issues via online sessions and delivered fixes promptly wherever possible. Kudos!
Read Marc Troppmann's full review
December 21, 2020
Mark Chinsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for market information as we work through sales prospects.
  • Related social media, etc.
  • Sometimes the public domain data sources it uses can be out of date.
Perfect when you want to engage with prospects. By knowing their Social Media interests etc, you know which topics to focus on and sometimes, ie politics lol, which ones to avoid.
We had an issue with our Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement system and needed to temporarily remove it. I couldn't because D365 said there were 'dependencies that needed removal' (This is not InsideView's fault)

I reached out to InsideView, and within 10 minutes, and a scheduled live Zoom meeting with a support person. They spent over an hour with me removing tentacles of unrelated software that was preventing InsideView from uninstalling. I was really expecting the agent to say 'this is beyond our responsibility, you'll need to hire a consultant to track down these issues' but instead, she stayed on until we got it uninstalled.

Kudos to amazing customer service.
Read Mark Chinsky's full review
Amitai Max Samuels | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is being used by the SDRs completing the internship portion of SV Academy's Sales Development Fellowship. These SDRs are conducting live outreach to prospects and are using InsideView to research the accounts and individuals they are reaching out to. The research being performed on InsideView is directly enhancing the level of personalization that the SDRs use in their messaging.
  • InsideView's Watchlist creates a curated News Feed for the accounts you are managing.
  • InsideView's Call Prep questions are a great resource for asking top of mind questions to prospects.
  • InsideView's connecting to LinkedIn feature makes it even easier to spot strong connections.
  • It would be great if InsideView could also display company insights from additional social media sources, like LinkedIn and Instagram.
InsideView is a great tool to have if you are looking to expedite your account research process.
The InsideView team has been so supportive through our onboarding and usage.
Read Amitai Max Samuels's full review
Jerine Erice | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a big resource for our clients in terms of seeking applications to include in their marketing stack, including sales and marketing intelligence. They lean on our experience with the different products in the market to help them decide the best fit for their organization. When we work with InsideView, they are always extremely helpful, courteous and ultra responsive. I love working with the team at InsideView! In addition to working with the team the product is stellar, providing top-notch data and integrations. They're constantly improving the experience making it an invaluable tool for both me and the companies I work with.
  • Data quality.
  • The team at InsideView.
  • Tool is constantly improving.
  • UI used to be a little odd; this has improved greatly recently.
InsideView is great for mid-sized to enterprise sized companies. The data that they provide within the platform is rich and has been a great tool for both marketing and sales departments. They're well suited for companies looking for reliable alternatives to the competition out there.
There is a reason I've worked with InsideView the past 5 years. I love the team at InsideView. They're sharp and helpful with any questions I have. If I inquire about features they have, and even if they don't have it, I feel that I truly work with a partner who listens to my needs.
Read Jerine Erice's full review
October 08, 2020
Andrew Napoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using it for the Sales and Business Development team. I am not sure if it is being used by the entire organization but the Sales team uses it as our source of truth for companies we are targeting. I use it on a daily basis to research accounts and understand the accounts I am currently targeting. I can find financial information, important contacts, locations of offices, and subsidiary companies all in one place, and it is super helpful and organized. They also have a great Support Team that helps you and ensures the information is accurate and updated.
  • Updated information
  • Easy to use interface
  • Responsive Help Desk team
  • Seamless integration with Salesforce
  • More updated UI
  • Adding a "founded year" field
InisideView is great for any scenarios with a sales team. It has very reliable information and is really easy to use for a technical and non-technical user to really get any answers they need to any questions they have at all. You can quickly find good accounts based on your ICP and really find good use cases through it. I only have experience with it for sales teams so I am not sure where it would be less appropriate.
I have never had a time where I was waiting for them. They answer quickly and are always helpful. They are great with updating information that you catch that may not be up to date with LinkedIn. All I do is shoot over a form and within 48 hours they either affirm my assertion or deny it and explain why. Definitely a great team.
Read Andrew Napoli's full review
October 06, 2020
TIM SMALCZEWSKI | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use InsideView as a sales and marketing forensics tools for sales development purposes. The information has been invaluable in campaign execution as well. I found the information to be accurate more so than the tools I have used in the past. I am pleased with IV up to this point and would recommend this tool to anyone who had the need.
  • Accuracy of information
  • Price is very reasonable
  • Great customer support
  • More detailed information
  • Information on current projects
  • Increased in the customer contacts
Great for small and medium size businesses that are looking for a forensics tool to gather marketing/sales information. There is not enough detail for larger organizations looking to do more detailed analytics. The price is also very reasonable for the SMB market. The licensing for other tools is cost prohibitive and overkill in capabilities.
My experience with IV customer service has been very positive. Any minor issues and/or questions have been answered immediately and to my satisfaction. The CS reps that I have interfaced with have been knowledgeable and polite to deal with on the phone. If I had to send an emaikl it was answered promptly.
Read TIM SMALCZEWSKI's full review
December 24, 2020
Noor Yusuf | TrustRadius Reviewer
I really enjoyed using InsideView and seeing how user-friendly it was, especially how easy it made the research process for me as an SDR intern. InsideView makes it easy for the user to categorize the newsagents based on the industry. Additionally, it allowed you to create your own list. It is also a great tool to get in-depth to understand the company's size, finances, and even shows you companies that are similar to that specific company. All of that is super useful for the user when you are doing your research to understand your prospects.
  • It was super helpful in understanding company's size.
  • It was super helpful to help find good news.
  • It was helpful to find similar companies to the one you are researching.
Was super user friendly.
The company made a meeting with us and answered all of our questions.
Read Noor Yusuf's full review
Keelan Navarro | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView has been a huge help in prospect targeting, and discovering valuable information about both individual employees and customers as a whole. The user interface is extremely easy to use. They provide information on company trends, call prep, and even allow you to connect other social media platforms to stay up to date on those as well all in one place.
  • Extremely user friendly
  • Accurate Information
  • Large data base of companies
  • Needs more social connectivity
Any scenario where you are involved in prospecting or developing a business relationship, Insideview can help prepare you for anything.
Insideview has several places where you can report wrong contact information and they are quick to act on inaccuracies in their database.
Read Keelan Navarro's full review
Andrew Piddington | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales and sales support teams have used InsideView for the last year to clean up our vast database. We've found the tool to be extremely useful and accurate for the most part. We've used it to clean up data at the account level and add new contacts in HR to our database. InsideView's support team is very responsive and attentive, and the partnership overall has been very valuable to us. I highly recommend their service over Zoom Info, Data.com, Ringlead, and the like.
  • Account-level data
  • Direct-dial contact-level data
  • Customer support
  • Sometimes a little buggy
  • Need more HR contacts
  • Need to de-dupe accounts
You'll love InsideView if you're looking to clean up account-level data and add new contacts into your database.
InsideView is extremely attentive to our needs.
Read Andrew Piddington's full review
Tyler Adair, MSIS | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use InsideView in our sales department to help gather valuable data on companies and contacts that we wish to engage with. When we get new leads in the door we use InsideView to pull more data on that company and get access to additional contacts that we can use in marketing.
  • Quickly get company statistics.
  • Get more contacts at current companies.
  • Expand marketing into a company.
They pull data into our Dynamics CRM very seamlessly.
I reached out for support to help with a user that had the wrong licensing. They resolved my issue in less than 4 hours from when it was submitted.
Read Tyler Adair, MSIS's full review
December 22, 2020
InsideView had been a tremendous ally in my day-to-day outbound sales development activities. Each member in our department of SDRs is using it to research the prospects in our respective territories. Not only does it help with the outreach pre-work for research, but it is also super useful in providing additional context DURING our calls to cold prospects. An example would be the 'Call Prep' tab.. which is a game-changer for me as it gives me a list of easy-to-use list of questions to pepper throughout my conversations with the prospects. By asking those questions, I have found from experience that it gave me more confidence during the conversation with the prospects. At the same time, it makes me appear to be a more trusted and respected business partner in front of the prospects. As SDRs, we are often tasked to cover industries that are so wide and diverse that it is practically impossible to be knowledgeable and keep up with the latest trends in every single industry. Yet, we all have a quota to meet, and InsideView is a vital member of my trusted sidekicks to help me reach that goal.
  • 'Call Prep' - a list of industry-related questions to ask my prospects during the phone call to enhance trust and credibility as a business partner.
  • Regularly scrubbed email and phone numbers of prospects. The verified direct-dial mobile number is GOLD. You may be able to get some of these elsewhere by paying extra with a separate standalone service. Having this integrated has improved my workflow, saving time from switching in and out of different apps.
  • The family tree of organizations is particularly useful for targeting enterprise accounts that often come with convoluted company shareholding structures.
  • 'Challenges' and 'Trends' - information to engage prospects during conversations.
  • The search result could be better. Sometimes I had to scroll down the result list to locate the companies that I was searching for.
  • Provide filtering options to the search result to help me narrow down the search results.
  • Increase coverage to more SMBs.
From my experience, it is an invaluable tool for an SDR doing daily outreach to cold prospects. Most of the time, I could do all my background research for target companies with just InsideView. I know that with more sources, and more info that comes with it, it is always better. As an SDR, we have so much to do and cover, and so little time that I couldn't afford to spend too much time on research at the expense of the actual outreach activities of calling, emailing, and engaging the social media channels. 80-20, folks.
Most of the time I could solve issues or improve my usage through a little bit of searching within the InsideView help resource archive. From time to time, we get informational sessions from their customer success team to help us keep abreast of major new features and to share best practices of the platform.
December 28, 2020
InsideView is being used by sales development representatives within the sales team. We're using InsideView as an employee intelligence platform to conduct research on prospective companies. In particular, we go to InsideView to find data on the company's size, revenue, affiliate companies, competitors, and we also use InsideView to track the company's latest news--such as mergers or territory expansion.
  • Identify relevant contacts of a prospective company
  • Receive real-time updates and news about the company
  • Great call prep questions for cold calls
  • Search filters could be more accurate
  • Platform could be more user friendly
  • Some of the data sources are out of date
It is a great company intelligence tool to prep for cold calls. It is also a great place to start when researching information about your prospect's company.
We received excellent support from the team at InsideView. They answered all of our questions and gave us a thorough overview of the platform.
December 26, 2020
InsideView is being used by SV Academy as part of the suite of training software. We used this software to conduct research as part of sales prospecting. The software allows you to easily find relevant information on a company or individual.
  • InsideView allows you to easily create individual lists of companies.
  • The layout of a company's profile is easy to navigate.
  • InsideView sends out automatic new alerts to your email.
  • InsideView has good functionality but is lacking in the UX department.
  • It would be nice to expand the options of sources that are viewable on the dashboard.
  • Maybe figure out a way to view information based on expanded filters or criteria.
InsideView is well suited for conducting research. It provides information that is not publicly available.
InsideViews' help section is extensive and the steps are easy to follow.
December 23, 2020
InsideView is being used within my organization as a detailed research platform to find qualifying information on different company clients. It helped our team determine goals, challenges, demographics, and relevant industry information for each prospect. It is used across my whole department to make the sales process more efficient by shortening research and preparation for an outreach. It enabled my department to better understand a prospect's industry which established my team as experts in the field. Without this tool, we would have spent more time qualifying our prospects and would have seen sales dip to unprofessionalism when dealing with prospects.
  • Provided essential info to help mold the sales process.
  • Shortened the amount of time needed for qualifying essential prospects.
  • Helped build stronger rapport with clients.
  • Added a more personalized outreach to prospects by including information important to them.
  • More organization on watchlists.
  • Adding a relevancy option to particular articles to companies.
  • In newsfeed, add a tab for companies in watchlist.
Creating personalized emails is the best place to use InsideView. Showing a prospect that you are well educated on their industry and their personal challenges build trust and rapport on a new level. It has helped create better responses and more engaging conversations with prospects.

I was assigned a company in the education industry and I used InsideView to see the industry's top challenges and goals for the specific company. In doing so, it helped fill in the blanks in my sales script to make it more personal to the prospect. By doing so, the prospect gladly joined my conversation via email because it applied to their needs.
We had a dedicated team member from InsideView who offered tips and advice on how to best use the platform. They also showed Easter eggs that not many people knew. InsideView also has excellent online support in the form of bogs and educational materials that can help overcome challenges and problems when using InsideView.
December 21, 2020
I use InsideView to find contact information for our current and prospective customers. We sell software and many orders we receive are placed by IT or purchasing departments without complete end-user contact information. We use it to fill in end-user contact info gaps. I also use the family tree function rather extensively to understand the corporate structure of our customers.
  • Family tree is easy to use and very valuable
  • Happy with level and accuracy of available data
  • Easy to use interface
  • Reasonable price
  • Some companies show up twice in the system with one instance having no employees
  • More choices on job title and job function when searching
Very cost effective if you don't need to export a lot of contact info. We use it for searching for and looking up individual contacts. It might be less cost effective for users who want to export large contact lists.
Haven't really needed support after our account was set up.
December 23, 2020
We're using InsideView as a good starting point to research companies and customers in the hunting stage but also while refreshing the information of current customers. Is it used by the Sales department, as well as the Marketing and Finance departments. InsideView delivers a very good overview and brings the information that is mandatory to be successful in the business.
  • One-point tool
  • Fast
  • Reliable
  • Probably a better user interface.
  • More detailed information.
While considering business with a new partner or the customer, you need to have mandatory information about them. InsideView delivers a very good overview and brings the information that is mandatory to be successful in the business. It gives you not only the basics but the information you might not need at this time but for sure later. For sales, it's a must-have tool.
Actually, I didn't have the opportunity or issue to contact support.
December 22, 2020
We use InsideView in sales to stay current on industry news for our customers. InsideView is our go-to tool for high-level company profiles and has news consolidated in one place.
  • Allows me to drill down to relevant information when customizing lists
  • Quick source to stay updated on news and other social media sources
  • Great high-level information on company profiles
  • I'd like to customize based on news source
InsideView is great for sales teams to gather information about prospects and stay up to date on clients.
InsideView has live support and on-demand product training.
April 14, 2020
Nick Kozik | TrustRadius Reviewer
InsideView is currently being used company-wide to help with data insights & triggers. We use InsideView to find reasons to reach out to companies and to better understand what is going on within the organization. Additionally, I'll often use InsideView to understand the company's hierarchy, alongside better understanding the industry challenges.
  • Industry Challenges: A succinct list of challenges & factors within the industry.
  • Company News: An aggregate of relevant news within the company.
  • Company Hierarchy: Understanding which sub-accounts are owned.
  • Company Financials: Total revenue.
  • Contact Info: Updated direct mobile numbers.
  • Search Filters: Filtering ("Agents") could be more accurate to remove irrelevant info.
  • Non-Financial News: Adding additional company news (non-finance related).
I'd recommend using InsideView for a couple of specific use cases:

1) Account Based Marketing & Social Selling: Finding relevant company news and triggers as reasons to reach out. Additionally, if you're looking to better understand your prospective company, it's easy to quickly find information on the challenges within the company, supply chain, industry, etc.

2) CRM Data: InsideView's ability to integrate with Salesforce and automatically update account data can be useful to a company that is looking for company revenue, employee count, industry, etc to be regularly updated.

The area which I'm unable to strongly recommend InsideView is for contact information. If you're looking for a complete list of contacts with direct phone numbers, then InsideView might not be the best option. This is something the company has said they're working on, but it's not industry-leading like the news & data aggregate portion of their platform is.
Read Nick Kozik's full review

Advanced search (66)
Identification of new leads (64)
List quality (65)
List upload/download (61)
Ideal customer targeting (63)
Load time/data access (66)
Contact information (67)
Company information (68)
Industry information (68)
Lead qualification process (51)
Smart lists and recommendations (51)
Salesforce integration (48)
9.2
Company/business profiles (68)
Alerts and reminders (52)
Data hygiene (58)
Automatic data refresh (54)
Tags (42)
Filters and segmentation (56)
Sales email templates (21)
Append emails to records (24)

What is InsideView?

InsideView’s targeting intelligence platform promises to help you identify the best targets, get relevant insights at the right time, and see exactly who your customers are and what they really need. It aims to deliver consistent, real-time access to data, insights, and connections that unify your siloed systems and align your customer engagement around a single, reliable view of the customer.

InsideView Competitors

DiscoverOrg, ZoomInfo, D&B Hoovers (formerly Avention)

InsideView Pricing