InsideView Reviews

Nick Kozik | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Best in class for account data

InsideView is currently being used company-wide to help with data insights & triggers. We use InsideView to find reasons to reach out to companies and to better understand what is going on within the organization. Additionally, I'll often use InsideView to understand the company's hierarchy, alongside better understanding the industry challenges.
  • Industry Challenges: A succinct list of challenges & factors within the industry.
  • Company News: An aggregate of relevant news within the company.
  • Company Hierarchy: Understanding which sub-accounts are owned.
  • Company Financials: Total revenue.
  • Contact Info: Updated direct mobile numbers.
  • Search Filters: Filtering ("Agents") could be more accurate to remove irrelevant info.
  • Non-Financial News: Adding additional company news (non-finance related).
I'd recommend using InsideView for a couple of specific use cases:

1) Account Based Marketing & Social Selling: Finding relevant company news and triggers as reasons to reach out. Additionally, if you're looking to better understand your prospective company, it's easy to quickly find information on the challenges within the company, supply chain, industry, etc.

2) CRM Data: InsideView's ability to integrate with Salesforce and automatically update account data can be useful to a company that is looking for company revenue, employee count, industry, etc to be regularly updated.

The area which I'm unable to strongly recommend InsideView is for contact information. If you're looking for a complete list of contacts with direct phone numbers, then InsideView might not be the best option. This is something the company has said they're working on, but it's not industry-leading like the news & data aggregate portion of their platform is.
Read Nick Kozik's full review
Alan Pipe | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 09, 2020

My go-to platform!

We use Inside View for many purposes. Prospecting, ability to follow customers for new locations, prospective clients for news and trigger events, finding contact information and my favorite the Family Tree function. This function has opened the door to a ton of opportunities within groups we already do business with. Great way to create a warm call!
  • Up-to-date news on most companies.
  • Robust list of contacts within companies.
  • Fast search function.
  • Sometimes the bandwidth can be laggy.
  • Scrolling through the family tree function is very slow.
InsideView is my go-to platform for any information on prospects. The great thing is how once a contact is sourced a quick followup on LinkedIn to reach out is easy.
Read Alan Pipe's full review
April 12, 2020

InsideView is a viable replacement for Hoovers

InsideView was used to identify prospects within particular geographies we were trying to infiltrate on the East Coast of the United States. It was also used to gain insight into companies as we got deeper into discussions with those businesses. So, the primary use was for sales intelligence and prospecting.
  • Easy to use platform that is generally intuitive for even the least tech savvy user.
  • Good coverage of email addresses for individuals within and organization.
  • Plenty of search criteria to manage you list creation.
  • The search criteria for lines of business are hard to pick. A toggle type choice would be easier but I believe that is in the works for an improvement.
  • There should be a metro area option for geography.
I believe Inside View is better suited for an organization that does not require information on individual branch locations of a company as these are not present, I do not believe. I also think that the coverage on very small businesses of one to four employees is lesser so it might be a hindrance if that information is needed.
April 09, 2020

Quit wasting your time researching leads and start talking to them!

My company used to invest a lot of time into prospecting via Sales Navigator on LinkedIn, which required a great deal of back and forth between LinkedIn and Salesforce. I spent countless amounts of time researching and referencing information from LinkedIn and inputting information into Salesforce for leads. Once we set InsideView up, I had a nice little widget on every account in Salesforce that would give me all the information I needed during prospecting. Became so efficient that it helped me hit my goals and influenced my growth on the sales team.
  • Condensing information into one quick widget view in Salesforce.
  • Saves time that would have been spent clicking back and forth between LinkedIn and Salesforce.
  • Pulls information about prospects and companies that could have been difficult or tedious to find using more manual means of research.
  • Sometime IV could cause Salesforce to take a bit to load or would reload after scrolling to the bottom, but that could have been a Salesforce issue.
  • Information could sometimes be dated or inaccurate, but those instances were few and far between.
  • The widget was pretty large and provided some information I never used. Would have been nice to personally customize my view but, again, that could have been something controlled by our Salesforce admin.
I recommend InsideView to any sales team with a heavy emphasis on prospecting/cold-calling potential leads. My first sales job as an SDR had so much of my time dedicated to using sketchy prospecting tools and constantly clicking back and forth between LinkedIn, Twitter, and Salesforce that I'm genuinely surprised I didn't have to replace my mouse more often. Having such relevant data listed in the Salesforce lead view you're already working in makes a huge difference in using time effectively.
Keith Diederich | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

InsideView is a great tool to have on your side!

InsideView is used within our commercial sales and marketing department for customer insights, contact info, and lead creation through its integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365. The integration into Dynamics is flawless and a huge value added to our organization to help in lead creation/time management. It simply transitions all pertinent info of the lead into the CRM.
  • InsideView's company search tool is fantastic. Within a few keystrokes, you gain access to company financials, org charts, size, recent news, etc. Any information you could want to find about a company is right at your fingertips.
  • InsideView's integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM is perfect. Its lead autofill function makes creating a lead much faster.
  • InsideView's watchlist feature is fantastic for keeping up on recent news of companies you are interested in watching.
  • Sometimes the contact information seems to be out of date or an incorrectly formatted email style.
InsideView is well suited for gaining insight on customers and competitors via general information such as size and organizational charts. It is less appropriate for company financials. There isn't access to actual financial statements and I find that the revenue is sometimes way off. Also, large European company data seems to be out of sync.
Read Keith Diederich's full review
Curtis Mullin MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2019

Research software that expedites research

InsideView is being used by sales teams within my organization to conduct research on our customers and potential customers. The news feed allows us to track specific companies or verticals that we are targeting, and allows our team to connect with these organizations more rapidly. Our sales teams have been utilizing this system for the last few months, and it has allowed us to hunt for new business and customers much more efficiently. InsideView has also allowed us to track industry trends more accurately.
  • The sales and support teams at InsideView are top-notch. I have worked with them extensively to fix bugs and to expand my knowledge of InsideView.
  • Information is accurate and up to date. InsideView also allows users to report incorrect information.
  • InsideView goes out of their way to ensure that organizations using the system have the necessary training. They will also target power users to see where improvements can be made.
  • The LinkedIn connection utilization is difficult and not easy to use.
  • Watchlists within InsideView are limited. It would be nice to be able to create more in-depth watchlists to track customer news feeds.
  • Using InsideView as an add-in for Microsoft Dynamics is clunky, and does not function as smoothly as InsideView does from its stand-alone website.
InsideView is great for conducting background research on companies that are being targeted. It also provides an additional way to pull individualized contact information from these organizations, giving us a deeper insight into our customers. InsideView does have a drawback. The system struggles when trying to find targeted locations, such as a branch office or a single manufacturing facility. It provides a great 10,000-foot view, but can have difficulty trying to get a more detailed picture of these companies.
Read Curtis Mullin MBA's full review
ABRAHAM PABLO | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

InsideView Review

InsideView is being used in our organization mostly because of the integration with Salesforce. We use it so we can create a list of targeted companies to check info on. Like let's suppose we went to an event and a company shows interest in our solutions, the first place we go to look at the size of the company is InsideView. It solves having the company info in one place because of the integration with Salesforce.
  • Extract contacts of people who work there, that way you can have an opener to the organization but have a clear look at other departments that you're interested in.
  • Extract the revenue and size of the company.
  • The integration with Salesforce is really useful, that way you have a full map of the company in one place.
  • Family Tree, it should be up to date and may look for different markets in Latin America is not as accurate as in the American Market.
  • Social Insights should tell you what tools they use for social media, and if they are running ads or have something big in social.
It is really helpful when it comes to looking for company information like industry insights, company size, insights into what they are doing really good and where to focus on a talk with your champions. It really helps that it gives you the contacts that work in the organization and their contact info. It opens doors.
Read ABRAHAM PABLO's full review
Blaine Broth | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2019

Why work long and hard when you can work smart and efficient?

InsideView is being used in the sales department at PowerPlan for many reasons, but mostly for prospecting. As a business development rep, it is my job to find new prospects throughout the world to interact with. InsideView is my main tool for finding legitimate prospects and so far the information that it has provided has been impressive.
  • Accurate information
  • Attractive and easy user interface
  • Variety of tools to use within the platform
  • Contact info is sometimes off
  • "People" tab can have old information
  • International presence could improve
We use InsideView to find prospects first and foremost. The list building feature is one of my favorite tools to use. I can run detailed reports of what I am trying to find and it spits out full lists that can be exported into spreadsheets. This becomes useful when imported toa CSV file into other tools such as Salesforce.
Read Blaine Broth's full review
Stephanie Podgor | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 21, 2019

Very happy with InsideView

It is being used by multiple departments in the organization, mostly by marketing and sales. InsideView has made it much easier to summarize information about a company, upload information to my CRM - Salesforce, find contact email addresses, phone numbers, and LinkedIn profiles. I like that I can search for people by title but I am not redirected away from the page I am looking at. It can be irritating when you are searching for info and a site keeps bringing you to a whole new page; InsideView's layout does not do that. I know there is so much more I will be using it for in the future!
  • I like the layout of InsideView, it is easy to navigate and use which is important to me.
  • We have an amazing and attentive CSM that goes above and beyond in our phone calls. He showed me how to connect with prospects using my current LinkedIn connections, build and save lists, watch out for company news using keywords, search for information about competitors, and so much more!
  • The consolidation of company information on InsideView and ability to track current news and information is very helpful and easy to customize!
  • More contact information for international companies.
InsideView is very well suited for business development and sales development representatives. It is well suited for marketing. It is also a good start for reps looking to get into more social selling. I was very impressed with the connection to LinkedIn and how easy it is to use in that way.
Read Stephanie Podgor's full review
Rocco Polino | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 09, 2019

InsideView Delivers

Our sales team uses InsideView to research new incoming leads and prepare for initial sales calls. Our Marketing team uses the List Build service to help identify new prospect organizations and contacts as we expand into new metropolitan areas and markets. InsideView saves both teams time and helps us create awareness for our services much quicker than other services that we used in the past.
  • Family Tree is a great tool to help our salespeople understand the sales effort it will take to obtain final approval.
  • Contacts and Job Title lets our reps know if they are selling high enough in the organization to address the needs of all decision-makers
  • Watchlists gives our reps a heads up on news that may heighten our prospects interest in our solution.
  • Integration with LinkedIn connections could be smoother.
InsideView is a great time saver in helping organizations qualify new leads. It provides great information re: annual revenue, # of employees, etc. It also is an excellent tool for our "hunters" to find new contacts that may lead to new sales opportunities. The ability to update our existing account information directly from InsideView is a huge plus.
Read Rocco Polino's full review
Truptesh Patil | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 26, 2019

Customer acquisition with the courtesy of InsideView

Hi Alan,
Greetings!

InsideView has played a crucial part in the development of my organization. The kind of services it offers and the way it helps generating revenue is immense. InsideView services are used by the sales team, here the team is engaged in generating leads to reach out to the audiences and targeted customers.
  • Clean data.
  • Availing insightful marketing.
  • Clients acquisition.
  • Great return on investment.
  • I strongly believe that there is a scope to update the database frequently.
Well, InsideView is a thing that every organization should opt for. The services of this organization are top-notch and can be used in data mining (mining context to contact details of the targeted customers) in a precise manner. In my personal opinion, InsideView finds its applications in almost every extent of marketing and sales.
Read Truptesh Patil's full review
Jeff Mullin | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 02, 2019

InsideView is my go to tool for sales success

As Regional Director of National Accounts with Adecco, InsideView is a vital tool to achieve my long-term and short-term goals as a sales professional. As a part of my strategic plan, I lean on InsideView to create my key target accounts, utilizing the Build a List feature. By giving me the tools I need to investigate companies upfront, I ensure that my research is conducted in the most efficient and effective manner possible. In my daily routine, I utilize InsideView with my CRM integration. This process allows me to pinpoint key decision-makers, providing me with all of their contact information and social media accounts right at my fingertips, ensuring that I am armed with powerful information. InsideView is one of the sharpest tools in my toolbox.
  • Build a List feature.
  • CRM Integration.
  • I also utilize InsideView to cross reference contact information from other social media accounts. This process allows for accuracy.
  • Sometimes in rare instances, the contact information can be out of date because contacts are always shifting companies and roles.
  • I have to shift out of my CRM to InsideView's website to create lists, but this is a very minor issue.
  • I would like to have a mobile version of InsideView.
InsideView is an excellent tool for a National Accounts salesperson who wants to have data at his or her fingertips. When I am about to call a prospective client, I utilize InsideView to insure I have all the information I need to make the call meaningful by utilizing the industry trends information.
Read Jeff Mullin's full review
Erwin Magpayo | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2019

InsideView Review

Reaching out to a possible customer in the sales industry has been very difficult, but with the data that InsideView provides, everything becomes much simpler.
  • Data quality.
  • Customer service experience.
  • Reliability.
  • So far the only issue I've experienced is the occasional website shutdown.
The website does not require training for you to use it as it is very easy to use. I love how updated the data is as well.
Read Erwin Magpayo's full review
Gerald Sarenas | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 20, 2019

Very easy to use!

InsideView is so easy to use! I work in the sales industry, and InsideView has helped to make my work lighter and easier. They have great filters that you can use to search for an employee name, job title, location, and the company's address. Some of the employees within our company are starting to use InsideView as well and I haven't heard anything negative so far!
  • Easy to use for data gathering.
  • A very user-friendly sales tool.
  • Great customer service.
  • Some information is not updated, but this isn't a huge issue.
  • The search result for companies sometimes is hard to understand.
  • Not all companies are available.
I always turn to InsideView when I need to check a company's updated phone number, address, and employee size.
Read Gerald Sarenas's full review
July 09, 2019

InsideView for sales research.

To find information about companies as to benefit me in my sales process.
  • Vast wealth of information.
  • intuitive design makes it easy at a glance to get basic idea of organization.
  • Useable as a free service makes great entry level tool and has further capabilities.
  • Not all services are free
  • Sometimes limited information on smaller companies
  • Would like to see searching by position title within a certain industry and revenue band.
Researching organizations to find the best points of contact. Sometimes companies will not divulge information about employees that work there over the phone or recommend the best person to speak with. So tools like inside view help assist with finding appropriate people to speak with in more tight-lipped companies, and helps with basic size and scope questions.
September 29, 2019

A great tool to add to your CRM

Our sales team uses InsideView inside of Dynamics CRM. It is used to enrich our client record and is very valuable. The integration with CRM is very easy and we have customized it to work for us! It brings a lot of value to our sales team and has helped with CRM user adoption.
  • Provides great news articles.
  • The watchlist and daily email are very beneficial.
  • Their support team is excellent!
  • Some issues with needing to clear browser cache or it won't load.
  • Some employees leave a company and they still show as an active employee.
It is just a great tool to help with CRM adoption and also to provide consolidated information about a client, rather than having to visit many different websites to gather details prior to a client visit. This is great for our less sales focused team members as well because they learn things they would not have otherwise known.
September 08, 2019

It is indeed very useful.

The best thing which I like the most being a Quality Analyst for salespeople is the company information displayed with all the details of employees. Data research has been so easy and there are a lot more which I haven't explored yet.
  • Time Saver
  • Accurate Data
  • Improved our Sales Rate
  • Problems? None that I can think of at the moment.
Benefits? It provides large lists of companies that meet our specific target market without having to spend large amounts of time to research them.
July 12, 2019

Can't beat InsideView

I am in business development and I try to find organizations that would fit well into our portfolio of clients. This helps me with sizing up a company and getting contact names. I believe some of the other departments are using inside view also, but outside of business development, I am not sure for what.
  • Names of employees in prospect companies.
  • Estimating revenue and employee count.
  • Market share of company in specific industry.
  • Sometimes out of date information.
  • Better filtering system for looking up certain departments within large companies and getting everyone names.
  • Personally, not a fan of the color scheme. (unimportant).
I can easily find all the information I need about a company in a few minutes while using InsideView. If I need other points of contact on the fly InsideView usually will bode well and help me out.
July 11, 2019

InsideView Increases Work Productivity

InsideView is being used as a tool across the whole organization. With my company being in such a specific niche in the market, InsideView really helps narrow down potential sale leads. It also saves time finding key contacts and takes out the hassle of finding contact information on company websites. Also, it helps eliminate the inconvenience of manually entering all the data into my CRM.
  • Data integration.
  • Industry search feature.
  • View LinkedIn profile hyperlink: eliminates spending time searching on LinkedIn.
  • Need to upgrade to pro to use a lot of the features like viewing contact info.
It is great for sales leads and to get a good foundation of knowledge about companies, however, some information needs to be updated.
July 21, 2019

Inside of InsideView

InsideView supplies a great database for leads. It helps you connect with the right person and is used by my sales agent. I also appreciate the updates InsideView has of companies which includes the latest news. Since I am in the logistics business, the industry tab this site has is exceptionally useful which offers information on suppliers.
  • Provide company insights.
  • Connects you to the most relevant person.
  • Easy to search people.
  • Needs to be updated.
  • More features to be used freely.
InsideView is well suited for when you are beginning to research a company. If you have already built a relationship with the client it is probably better to do further research on the companies' website or through other means. It is a great place to start.
Logan Childs  ☁ | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 31, 2019

Very happy with our investment in InsideView

InsideView is currently being used across the organization at Cheshire Impact. We use the marketing functions to validate and clean our data and the sales functions to enrich and prospect. My main usage of the platform is to enrich the data on the clients/prospects we have so we can ensure that our segmentation practices are the most optimal. Always looking for that personalization opportunity with every message/phone call my team engages on.
  • Data Quality: The data that I've leveraged is by far better than other providers I've used in the past. Even looking at our own company, when the data changed the adjustments were made in InsideView.
  • Ease of Use: Very easy to search for specific technologies, industries, & SIC codes
  • Clean: We get a lot of form fills that might have some incorrect data and InsideView is able to compare the data that we have and the data that they have for the most accurate output. Being able to do this on scale has been a huge time saver.
  • I currently don't have any CONS to report on my experience with InsideView.
  • I understand this is going to look biased since I don't have complaints but I really haven't experienced anything that I'm unhappy with in the year that we've been a customer.
Data quality is question number 3 on our Cheshire Success Index ( go.cheshireimpact.com/csi_infographic ) so for any marketing team looking to enhance their usage of marketing automation, having valid accurate data is a foundational step. Can't send personal emails if your email addresses are invalid. Many of the clients we work with have data that is decades old and their bounce rates will be through the roof. Having the ability to clean and enrich data on scale has saved hundreds if not thousands of hours for my team and our clients.
Read Logan Childs ☁'s full review
Mitchell Wolfman | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 01, 2019

InsideView Review

I use InsideView to search for new accounts and to determine key information regarding specific companies such as revenue, employee size, industry, and company hierarchy.
  • Easy to use.
  • Information on a lot of companies.
  • Good user-interface.
  • Separates accounts by industry effectively.
  • Revenue information not always up to date.
  • Inconsistent company hierarchy at times.
  • Have to refresh too often when building account lists.
InsideView is ideal for the Business Development role, especially when it’s used for distributing inbound leads across an organization.
Read Mitchell Wolfman's full review
Wendy Jacobs | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 04, 2019

Great for specifically targeting the right customer

InsideView is being used across our entire Business Development team and is linked to our Salesforce application.
  • With InsideView, it is easy to look for the appropriate people within a company to target our outreach specifically where relevant.
  • We can sign up for news relative to a specific company or topic that could trigger a need for our business.
  • I can find contact information such as email or phone numbers to utilize and add directly into Salesforce with a single click.
  • The biggest problem I have is with content being out of date. People move!
InsideView is especially well suited to expand on a list of contacts within large companies. You can filter by specific departments, areas, or titles to narrow down the search. You can also create more general lists by title or geography, for instance, for a broader set of potential marketing contacts. For companies where lots of data and news exist, it is very helpful. It is less suitable for very small companies, or new startups.
Read Wendy Jacobs's full review
Elizabeth Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 27, 2019

InsideView- Sales, Sales , Sales!

InsideView is integrated with our software and is used company-wide for lead generation. It provides accurate and detailed information for company details, decision makers and direct contact information.

There are user-friendly features that I love. I often make my sales calls from a list that I was able to create based on industry and location. Super useful, detailed and very easy to navigate.

It is highly comparable to other lead generating wesbites but provides more intel, insight and current information. The additional perk of it being integrated with Salesforce makes it so easy to export information and keep our company's database up to date.
  • The contact information for decision makers is usually accurate and current.
  • The ability to create a list based on precise location and industry is extremely helpful.
  • Having InsideView integrated with Salesforce makes tracking and updating information so easy.
  • The ability to export glitches sometimes
InsideView is definitely my go-to for lead generation. Whenever you are planning your sales calls or sales rally it is a great place to start. You can create a call list and target list directly in your account.
Read Elizabeth Rodriguez's full review
Miles Hensel | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2019

My life is that much easier now

We use Microsoft Dynamics and InsideView is a great add-in tool that we use to take our leads to the next level. I use this to find contacts and "inside" details about the companies that I am working with. I think it is a really great way to save a lot of time during the sales process.
  • Contact information.
  • Company insights.
  • Ease of use.
  • I don't think it has any glaring faults.
When I am setting up an account in my internal system this tool helps me take "short cuts" and really build it out so when future people read into it they know everything they need to know. It's nice having a tool that you know you can rely on daily.
Read Miles Hensel's full review

Advanced search (44)
Identification of new leads (42)
List quality (41)
List upload/download (38)
Ideal customer targeting (40)
Load time/data access (42)
Contact information (44)
Company information (44)
Industry information (44)
Lead qualification process (33)
Smart lists and recommendations (35)
Salesforce integration (31)
Company/business profiles (44)
Alerts and reminders (35)
Data hygiene (38)
Automatic data refresh (33)
Tags (26)
Filters and segmentation (36)
Sales email templates (11)
Append emails to records (14)

About InsideView

InsideView’s targeting intelligence platform promises to help you identify the best targets, get relevant insights at the right time, and see exactly who your customers are and what they really need. It aims to deliver consistent, real-time access to data, insights, and connections that unify your siloed systems and align your customer engagement around a single, reliable view of the customer.

InsideView Competitors

DiscoverOrg, ZoomInfo, D&B Hoovers (formerly Avention)

InsideView Technical Details