Reviews (1-3 of 3)
October 13, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
This software is used across multiple companies across the organization. The goal of use is to have a single expense reporting software system. Usage spans all employees, and both the website and the app are part of our implementation and planning.
- Expensable provides tracking information so that you can see the progress of an expense report, from draft through to payment completion.
- Ability to take a picture of expense and upload via your phone, which gives you a head start on your expense report, and allows you to not accumulate/sort through a lot of paper.
- The website is not intuitive at all. It is confusing how to add additional expenses, how to invoke the hotel breakout product.
- The app defaults to today's date. This results in not noticing this, and the upload having an incorrect date, that needs to be changed. Cumbersome.
- The web app seems kind of clunky and should have more drag and drop features, additional menu structures, and easier ways to link to different expenses and functions.
Read Amy Sternin's full review
With a web and app product, it is easy to implement across a large company. The system provides dropdowns (for the various types of expenses) that seem to be customer customizable. This probably provides a seamless interface to a company's internal accounting system. I think for companies that want to provide a really good and easy user experience, and considers that in their selection process, may not be good candidates for implementing this software.
April 06, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
All of the employees in our firm use ExpensAble to enter their own expense reports and then a manager approves them. After that approval, I review and approve the reports again a second time. The next step is exporting them to QuickBooks to process the payments. It's a simple process and expense reports get paid on a timely basis this way. The initial set up that involved coordinating which of the general ledger accounts to include took time, but was easy to do.
- It's was easy to set up and begin using the system immediately.
- The system is easy to use and doesn't require much training for employees to understand and be able to use the system.
- It's a very fast and efficient way for expense reports to be processed which makes the employees happy.
- The way our firm uses ExensAble has not led to any problems or complaints. We set it up years ago and it's been running smoothly ever since. If others who use the system have had any complaints I am not aware of them.
Read Sally Nosal's full review
I only use the system to process expense reports and it works great for us.
November 13, 2017
Score 4 out of 10
Expensive is being used across the US portion of our business. We moved to ExpensAble from an extremely outdated expense application written in the 1990s that was mostly manual and expenses had to be printed and mailed. It allows us to submit our expenses digitally and on mobile devices.
- It is easy to submit expenses.
- It is easy to view past expenses and where they are in the process.
- It is (relatively) to attach receipts and other expense verification.
- It is not very intuitive how to use it at times. Fellow coworkers (less tech savvy) have had trouble submitting expenses on the desktop version.
- The "image bin" for expenses is not intuitive/difficult to use.
- The application could be smarter/connect to other applications such as Concur.
Read this authenticated review
It is well suited for companies not willing to spend much money on an expense app and who are moving off of antiquated software or spreadsheets. However, there are far better alternatives in the market.
Insperity ExpensAble Scorecard Summary
About Insperity ExpensAble
HR services company Insperity, headquartered in Houston, Texas, offers ExpensAble, their expense management software.
Categories: Expense Management
Insperity ExpensAble Technical Details