Instapage Reviews

Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2019

Use Instapage For Your Landing Pages!

Pros and Cons

• Easy to use landing pages.
  • Good a/b testing.
  • Already pre-built templates.
  • Not robust enough to be your whole website.
  • Somewhat expensive. We'd love it to be cheaper, or have a free option for smaller clients of ours.
  • Could have a whole followup mechanism for people who convert on these pages.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
Brad Meinen | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2019

Great for just building Landing Pages but not as good for integrating with other systems

Pros and Cons

• One of the best drag and drop interfaces I have experienced with a page builder
  • Easy to set up
  • Limited learning curve and technical knowledge requirements
  • No ability to transfer pages to new systems.
  • Pricey
Read Brad Meinen's full review
Josh Summerhays | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2018

Stunning and intuitive, but not enough control for me

Pros and Cons

• Instapage makes it easy to frame out a landing page really quickly. They provide template blocks for various components of a landing page (header, features, testimonials, etc.) that you can easily modify for your own needs. Other tools provide whole-page templates, but I much prefer the section-level templating. It's more convenient to assemble a page this way and add the details on top of that versus taking a finished template and peeling away design and functional elements to get what I want.
  • Instapage's mobile auto-resizer works better than other platforms I've used. I found that I had many fewer adjustments on their auto-resizing of the full page than I've experienced with other tools. I still had to work with text size a bit, but they generally did a better job of ordering elements for mobile the way I would want and maintain proportionality of page elements better.
  • Instapage has a lot of integrations that marketers will love. I don't know if they particularly stand out in this respect, but this is a particularly important aspect of their tool that most marketers will care about.
  • Instapage is a bit rigid when it comes to text. You get to choose one font for headers, one for your body copy and you are restricted to those styles throughout your page.
  • Layout and positioning controls are very precise. You will see pixel distances as you're dragging elements around the screen (though they often didn't measure from the other elements I would have preferred to see), but there's no fine-grain control of pixel positioning of elements. This ultimately was a deal-breaker for me. I didn't want to eye-ball everything I was putting on a page.
  • You only get two choices of page width, 960px and full-width. If you want a fixed width larger than 960? Tough cookies. This was another deal-breaker for me, ultimately. I had to have more flexibility.
Read Josh Summerhays's full review
Vincent Misiewicz | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 16, 2018

Instapage - Great Solution for Lead Gen PPC Campaigns

Pros and Cons

• Easy for team members that don't have dev/design experience to create quality landing pages
  • Has many integrations that can easily be connected to existing client CRMs/process and tools
  • Relatively affordable, simple pricing model, makes it more practical for clients with limited PPC spend
  • The mobile versions of pages usually require extra work and are prone to breaking, the responsive functionality could be improved
  • Instances of updates being made without getting notified. The most recent 2 step form update broke all of our forms and needed to be re-integrated and mobile pages had to be fixed
  • Only being able to have one user signed in at the same time is silly, it really inhibits our team when we're trying to meet deadlines with several clients
Read Vincent Misiewicz's full review
Austin Schmidt | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 19, 2018

An easy-to-use and efficient landing page builder. Highly recommend.

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use. I find Instapage to be incredibly intuitive and easy to use. It's a true drag n drop builder that makes good design simple.
  • Efficiency. The new Instablocks are excellent. You can easily create a standardized block of content and deploy/update across multiple (even hundreds) of usages. This saves a ton of time.
  • Excellent testing tools. It's really easy to create a variation of a landing page and A/B test it to a portion of your traffic. It's fast and the reporting is solid.
  • Can get a bit expensive. They've recently revamped the pricing packages and they're a bit more pricey. The more advanced packages are among the more expensive in the industry.
  • Responsiveness is good but somewhat limited. It's not that easy to create specific designs for tablets and screens between a laptop and mobile phone.
  • Support for items like sliders would be really useful. Essentially a way to scroll through images/screenshots without using 3rd party tools.
Read Austin Schmidt's full review
July 13, 2018

Totally worth it for simple funnel needs

Pros and Cons

• Page customization. Intapage has tons of templates to chose from depending on the goal you would like to reach with that page and you are able to customize the entire look and feel to make it match your brand and your voice.
  • Analytics. Instapage also provides all the conversion analytics you would need to make an educated and data-driven decision for your funnel.
  • Easy and fast. Instapage makes it so easy to create a funnel, that I have people on my team who have never built a funnel before using Instapage and they are able to do it within 30 minutes. It's super simple and the platform is easy to navigate.
  • Integration. I use Infusionsoft as a CRM and in the past I have had to back up the integration with web hooks because the API would not always send data to Infusionsoft correctly.
  • Page Builder. Sometimes I notice that there are glitches but nothing too catastrophic
Mike Nickles | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2018

Practical & Professional Page Production

Pros and Cons

• Visual-based design (no coding knowledge or experience necessary)
  • Simple user interface; I'd say most people who have never used Instapage could get started and design their first page in about an hour
  • Organizing your pages and funnels into folders
  • So, it's been a while, but I remember the clunkiness of integration to a totally different platform that handles email. If they don't have it already, it would be great if they also allowed for list management and building in the program.
Read Mike Nickles's full review
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2018

Instapage Is Wonderful - Great For Great Basic Easy-To-Build Landing Pages And Wonderful Support

Pros and Cons

• A/B Testing - Really easy to create variants and track the results.
  • Mobile landing pages - many page builders such as clickfunnels don't give you the ability to alter the mobile version of the page independently from the desktop version. For example, you move something on the mobile version and it moves it on the desktop version or vice-versa. Instapage lets you adjust the mobile version totally independently of the desktop version.
  • The page builder is well built and easy to use. It is pretty easy to publish lots of pages as we do (I have probably 60+ landing pages).
  • I don't like how much Instapage costs. I think there plans start at $80/month now. It is really quite a lot. However, the prices are getting higher industry-wide (Unbounce is now starting at $100/month and software that provides lower plans such as $30/month often don't include A/B Testing). I assume this is in response to demand for higher level features.
  • It is very difficult to do custom code. It's not designed for that.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Josh Manfredi | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 04, 2017

The last landing page creator you'll ever need.

Pros and Cons

• The drag and drop page editor works great
  • Very easy to create a custom mobile version of each page that lays out nicely
  • Easy to embed a 3rd party form and style it to look like one of instapages
  • Conversion tracking doesn't work for us because we are using a 3rd party form
  • Integration with Bronto ESP would be awesome
Read Josh Manfredi's full review
Tamara Newman | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 06, 2017

Great Landing Page Builder for Small-Medium Businesses

Pros and Cons

• Love the drag-and-drop aspect of building a page. Doesn't require any coding experience, and it's very easy to get a visually appealing page without technical hurdles.
  • It was pretty easy to purchase a new domain and connect Instapage to the domain. There were helpful instructions online, and once I had a little technical training from one of our technical developers, I was able to create and publish new pages easily and quickly.
  • The existing page templates are awesome. Allows for a very clean, organized page, while still retaining lots of customization options so your page can look however you want and not just another cookie-cutter page.
  • I wish support wasn't tiered. We had a basic plan to begin with, but when we first launched, there were some major technical issues. I remember emailing at 10pm the night before we planned to launch, but our plan didn't include live support. That falls more on our responsibility, but it would have been great to get live support in the basic plan.
  • Sometimes the functionality would get weird when building a page to be mobile responsive. Objects would layer over each other, or text would appear hidden when it really wasn't. It would have been great for the mobile pages to "build themselves" better based on the desktop layout of a page.
  • We really wanted click data for specific CTAs on a page to measure response, but I believe Instapage only provided CTR data for specific destination URLs.
Read Tamara Newman's full review
Grace Conyers | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 05, 2017

Small company full of scientists tinker with toys -- and Instapage

Pros and Cons

• I like that we can have conversations on the page while discussing potential edits and layouts. It's really nice to see comments as a "sticky note" on that particular view for all levels of marketers, graphic designers, and copywriters that are working on the project and critiquing each other.
  • It integrates with a variety of 3rd party tools seamlessly. We have it with WordPress and Aweber, but there are a lot of options as well.
  • Their customer service is freakin' amazing. Any problem I've had they've been quite thorough and professional to help me with. Often you don't really need to talk to the people, though. Their tutorials are detailed and written in layman's terms. It's so easy to follow their tutorials that you learn more tricks along the way, not just solve a headache.
  • The editing features are extensive. Sure, you could start with a template, but there are so many ways to tweak them or build from scratch that even a non-designer can make something stunning and effective.
  • The marketing techniques, such as localising and split-testing are useful. We have not needed to use them (other than as toys), but they are there and they work. They work really well.
  • Things are not intuitive at first, so it takes a bit of poking around in your profile and dashboard to see how things are connected, then move back and forth between your settings and dashboard. Even after watching the tutorial, I routinely forget how things are connected between these two areas of their website.
  • Publishing on your WordPress can seem to be a little arduous at first, but once you get the hand of having to have your WordPress dashboard open AND Instapage, it's pretty smooth going.
  • I'd love to see a way to add tags from the forms to Aweber. I think it was possible, but it's not obvious or easy to do in a few clicks.
Read Grace Conyers's full review
Susan Aldea | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 05, 2017

Easy to Learn - Fun to Use!

Pros and Cons

• Plays well with the WordPress platform; offering its own plugin for quick transfer to your website!
  • Provides pre-designed layouts that are helpful when you aren't sure which look you're going for.
  • Mobile-friendly layout.
  • Gives you full control of SEO optimization.
  • Changing text color can be frustrating at times.
  • The mobile-friendly version on the desktop layout is not automatic. You have to go into that view and change it up. And if you make any edits to the computer view, you have to go back to the mobile view and start all over. At least that's how it is in the version we pay for.
  • It's not cheap. For $50/mo that's a hefty price tag for many small business owners.
  • Would like to see more module options and pre-designed layout options as well as the ability to change the weight of fonts.
  • There can be caching issues when you design and launch a page. It's been a frequent issue for us.
Read Susan Aldea's full review
Casey Boyles | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2017

Create a beautiful landing page quickly!

Pros and Cons

• Very easy to use, I built a landing page that fit with the look and theme of our website very quickly.
  • Easily connected to Google Analytics to track metrics
  • Lots of examples and templates to use as a starting point
  • It's quite pricey, I'd like to find something that is cheaper.
  • It would be good to save your own templates.
  • The process of extracting the leads could be a little easier.
Read Casey Boyles's full review
Jan Michael Aldea | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 19, 2017

Instapage - Fast. Easy. Powerful.

Pros and Cons

• Templates give you a great starting point for landing page design.
  • The integrations into other services is fantastic.
  • We haven't had a lot of issues, but when we have, their support team is great.
  • Having to render and move things to make landing pages mobile friendly can be a pain.
  • Setting up Social Media and SEO should be easier.
  • More flexible ways to use fonts would be a plus.
Read Jan Michael Aldea's full review
Meredith Oakes | TrustRadius Reviewer

Flexible and User-Friendly

Pros and Cons

• Well-designed, ready to use templates.
  • Easy to edit.
  • Simple to share/integrate into email campaigns, social ads, etc.
  • Not the best for setting up pages across different devices.
  • Templates are very long - if you don't want a page that scrolls a lot you have to delete off the extra elements.
  • Some of the elements are confusing to move/delete.
Read Meredith Oakes's full review
June 27, 2018

A Good Source for Landing Page Creation

Pros and Cons

• I love how easy the setup was. The drag and drop design is easy for people who don't know code but it also allows coding options for those who do.
  • Customer service has been easy to contact. They are quick with their response times and have suggested workarounds or provided videos to help fix any issues.
  • They are constantly working on improvements to the interface and additional features.
  • There are only a couple of minor issues that I dislike. One is offering a Drupal community-approved update to their module. We are using a slightly older version of Drupal and it appears they don't have plans to offer a Drupal-approved update to their module for that version.
  • There are also random bugs when trying to format text. For example, sometimes a sans serif font appears as a serif and doesn't seem to want to change.
  • If you work with a template and some code, it can be challenging to edit the default coding.
  • The built-in forms can be a bit limiting.
  • The program will try to automatically reformat for mobile, but it may not always be exactly the way you want it to look, so there is a bit of redesigning required when going to mobile.
Eric Cozart | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 08, 2015

The only landing page builder we use.. period!

Pros and Cons

• Full customizable landing page and form builder. This is crucial for us.
  • A ton of integrations. We love the ability to connect our email system effortlessly.
  • Support is out of this world. All of our tickets are answered within 24 hours and usually less.
  • Price is the best around. For what we get, it's unbeatable.
  • More integrations, I know they are adding more all the time though.
  • Keep putting out awesome templates.. we can't get enough!
Read Eric Cozart's full review
April 10, 2017

Instapage: Solving our Landing Page Issues since May 2016

Pros and Cons

• Instapage is a WYSWYG type landing page service. I don't think it could be easier to design landing pages.
  • Recently, HubSpot added an integration with Instapage but even before then I was able to grab the coding from my Instapage landing pages and add them to our website. Now with the integration it will be smoother and gathering marketing information from forms should be quick and easy.
  • Instapage provides several template landing pages so you really just need to drop in elements from your company. You can also build your own pages.
  • Originally, we used Pardot and Instapage and I had to pull the coding from our Instapage landing pages and throw that into Pardot to get nice looking landing pages. When we transitioned to HubSpot, they took our existing pages and did this for us. But now they added an integration with Instapage and I am guessing this will solve any issues with using Instapage going forward for our website's landing pages.
October 27, 2015

Avoid Instapage. Use Optimizely.

Pros and Cons

• Quick, easy landing pages.
  • Intuitive, WYSWIG platform.
  • Horrendous cancellation policy. Virtually impossible to cancel. Customer service is inattentive and inflexible. Despite canceling within 30 days, as their refund policy states, I was billed for 2 months and was only able to get a refund via chargeback through my credit card company.

About Instapage

The vendor states that Instapage aims to be the leader in post-click automation, and promises to help digital advertisers create more relevant and impactful advertising by unifying the post-click stage of the advertising funnel. With Instapage, marketers can maximize conversions by creating, personalizing, and optimizing post-click landing pages at scale, and automatically connecting ads with relevant post-click pages.

With over two million landing pages at an average conversion rate of over 16%, the vendor boasts that leading brands across 100 countries are presently using Instapage to capture more value from their campaigns.