IntelliJ IDEA Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Kunal Verma | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I got IntelliJ IDEA as a Github Student Developer account during my undergrad one year back. I must say this is one of the most versatile IDE for Java development. We used this IDE to build Android application for one of the client and keeping version control in IDE is very easy as compared to other available IDE'S. However, I have to migrate to some other open source available IDE'S because, it is paid for professional development.
Read Kunal Verma's full review
Balázs Kiss | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

My best IDE

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We changed to InelliJ IDEA 4 years ago, and it has become the main IDE for most of our developers. Ranging from backend java to frontend JS applications, this IDE proved itself to be one of the most versatile IDEs out there. It has frequent updates, is very fast and stable, has a lot of very useful functions that are constantly evolving. From the close integrations of different programming languages to the outside tools like DB connections or MVN integration, this is the, if not the most useful piece of software on my computer right now.
Read Balázs Kiss's full review
Rahul Rajput | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using IntelliJ IDEA for more than 2 years. As a Data Engineer at my company Datametica, I have been using IntelliJ IDEA to work in Scala and Spark, and I also need to work with Shell scripting too. This software is so easy to use and is very helpful in rapid development.
Read Rahul Rajput's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ IDEA is used in our Technology department for developing JAVA applications and micro services for consumption across the entire firm. IntelliJ allows building automation testing programs that are necessary for our software QA validation process. IntelliJ also provides built-in developer tools as well as database tools which are both critical to software all application development.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ is used by the engineering team to assist in building our web service, which is primarily written in Scala and Java. Scala and Java have statically typed languages for which IntelliJ has great support. IntelliJ helps us understand the code better by giving type annotations, alerting on syntax errors, and linking the code together so that variables and functions are "clickable", meaning you can go to their definition. IntelliJ also has great support for automatically formatting our code so my fellow engineers don't have to nit-pick at my code whitespace and indentation.
November 16, 2019

The best Java IDE

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My team is migrating from other IDEs to IntelliJ, I've had experience with other JetBrains IDEs and it's been a great change for me, we bet this will bring great productivity for our team.
November 09, 2019

My review of IntelliJ

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

All Java developers are using IntelliJ IDEA at LinkedIn. It's the only supported Java IDE in our company. Java developers use it to build everything.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ idea is being used as the core Java integrated development environment for my organization's project. It is being used by 3 teams across different functions and the business problem it solves is the need for a cross platform, uniform environment to write code in Java that can be tested thoroughly.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

All Java and Clojure developers use this tool at my company. The development is quite fast with this tool as it provides a lot of features like autocompletion etc. It is not being used across company wide but restricted to few teams only. It has helped us in writing day to day code in a very fast and easy manner.
Dylan Cauwels | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ is used by myself and my team whenever we need to develop any java applications that are more than 2-3 packages. It's much simpler than Eclipse or any other open source IDE. Yes, you have to pay for it, and it can get expensive if you're an independent contractor, but as a company, it's an easily justifiable expense.
Read Dylan Cauwels's full review
Johan Sarmiento | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently, my company is using IntelliJ IDEA in the development of Java projects. Its use is in the development of a desktop application at a recognized bank where the entire platform is based on this application, as well as the back-end where we use DB Sybase, and Java Maven for its integration. We also use the front-end with the Javascript in this tool.
Read Johan Sarmiento's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ IDEA is being used extensively, but not exclusively, here at my place of work. Every team I've been on has relied heavily on it, and many other teams and departments do too. It solves the problem of having to use multiple tools with an IDE that doesn't integrate well with Maven or Node or Apache or Spring. IntelliJ IDEA is very powerful and boosts efficiency.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a software developer, mainly using Java. This tool is the right tool for me to develop my applications with comfort. For me, the reason to use this tool is that it has all the features for the developer for each area. For example, if you are developing some web application it provides tools for managing your database and web server.
Dhruba Jyoti Nag | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ IDEA is used by developers in our organization as the standard IDE to develop code. It drastically reduces time to develop effective code and being an enterprise licensed product , it offers enterprise features which are not present in other IDES like Eclipse or STS. It is mainly used to develop efficient code in quick time.
Read Dhruba Jyoti Nag's full review
Dilip Puri | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 26, 2019

An insight on IntelliJ

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ is not being used by the whole company but it is being used few of us. Most of the time it is being used for Java development. It is really compatible with JVM based languages like Scala. It reduces the repetitive and mundane task, it can correct simple errors in code. It has really good suggestions in code, probably the best I have seen in all the IDEs.
Read Dilip Puri's full review
Dinesh Pabbi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am an indie developer and a student so I work with web technologies a lot. I usually use IntelliJ when i have to develop a website quickly. IntelliJ allows me to quickly use the front end technologies and with its support of all the major new frameworks (Front end) and advanced code completion, version control capabilities, it is a complete professional developer suite for an indie developer and a team of developers alike.

What I like about This IDE:
1. Support for all the major new frameworks and technologies in front end (ActionScript, SASS, LESS)
2. Version control
3. HTML, CSS, and Javascript editor is just awesome.
4. This IDE is very quick, I mean I have not seen any other IDE being this fast. I have used Eclipse and that IDE is not close to this IDE in terms of performance.

What I don't like:
1. Well, as a student I had trouble buying it since its costly, but hey all good things do come at a cost, right?
2. Since it is feature rich, it has a somewhat big memory footprint so it requires a little more RAM usage.

Read Dinesh Pabbi's full review
Rounak Jangir | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Most of the time, I personally use this tool. And I mostly use this tool for Java development including a web application of Java to normal command line app of Java. Not everyone uses this, some of us use Eclipse and NetBeans as well. With intellIj it's very easy to handle a Maven or Gradle project. Adding dependency with just one click is very good. It made Java development a lot easier.
Read Rounak Jangir's full review
James Pautz II | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 02, 2018

The best Java IDE

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is generally used widely by the technical teams at my company. We aren't required to use one IDE or another, but since IntelliJ IDEA is an excellent IDE that is cross-platform, it is widely adopted. A few of my co-workers use Eclipse, and I used to as well, but I've made the switch and have been happy with IDEA.
Read James Pautz II's full review
Ilya Popovich | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2018

Great IDE for everyone

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Everyone who is involved in Java software developing in our company uses IntelliJ IDEA. Doesn't matter if you are a developer or a software developer in test - you will find a spectrum of necessary tools for you. The main problem that is solved using IDEA: you get strong reliable IDE with dozens of useful plugins.
Read Ilya Popovich's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My company is a non-profit healthcare delivery institute and running a lot of clinical and consumer-facing IT applications. Recently we developed a web application inside our patient portal, which is a tool where our patients can enter their family history information and the system returns genetic risk assessment scores. We used IntelliJ IDEA to develop the application. We used Javascript and HTML5 for front-end, Oracle 11g for storing data, Java for back end service, and Cerner's patient portal for container of the application.
February 15, 2019

Fast track development

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

IntelliJ IDEA is being used by many people in my organization. We use it for development, database access, and Salesforce querying. It's quite easy to write SOQL queries and get results using the Illuminating Cloud plugin for Salesforce. We also access databases such as Oracle on IntelliJ IDEA. The keyboard shortcuts are great.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Enterprise Java is used heavily in our technology stack, IntelliJ provides strong support and tools for developing Java applications. It is being used widely across the organization. It allows one application to be used for multiple coding languages, stacks - and a wide variety of technology support - essentially being a very capable all-in-one IDE that allows development across all stacks.

About IntelliJ IDEA