Intrado GlobeNewswire Reviews

October 16, 2019
Our organization uses GlobalNewswire to publish and distribute company press releases. It is typically used by the marketing department only, who manages company public relations and corporate communications. It allows us to easily set up and distribute our news directly to the industry circuits that matter to us.
  • Finds the distribution circuits for you so you can easily pick and choose which ones you want to publish to.
  • The platform is easy to use and takes you through a simple step-by-step process to create and publish a press release.
  • Great customer service. If ever I have a question they address it and go above and beyond in their service.
  • Some minor formatting limitations.
Intrado Digital Media is well suited for any business hoping to gain attention within their respective industries. Takes all the work out of trying to circulate your own company news on a case by case basis.
Their customer service is great and has been very supportive when we've needed it. Their team checks up on us regularly to ensure we are getting the most out of our service.
May 21, 2019
Our organization uses GlobeNewswire to publish our press releases into distribution circuits. It is used by the Marketing department who shares news from across the entire company. It is a great tool to distribute press releases on a worldwide level taking out extra work for you to distribute news yourself to outlets. We've had great success rates for many of our stories which have helped to build credibility and interest in our company.
  • Great customer service, always willing to help and answer questions.
  • Offers a lot of distribution circuits and industries to choose from so your stories hit the right places.
  • Very easy to navigate and straightforward process for publishing releases.
  • A pretty plain website that could be updated in some aspects.
If you are a business that wants to share stories and updates across a large reach but do not have the press connections that perhaps some very large companies have. If you don't create many releases a year, this may not be a good fit for your organization.
January 08, 2019
Jess Messenger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization previously used MyMediaInfo to track and report on media coverage for our clients. It was used across our North American offices and allowed us to have a clear view of incoming coverage for our various clients. It would compile everything from print, to online, to broadcast, to social media mentions.
  • Allows you to see coverage from numerous sources: print, online, broadcast, etc.
  • Allows you to track coverage for numerous clients in one organized place.
  • Allows you to receive incoming coverage via email.
  • In some cases, it would not capture all coverage, for example, coverage found on trade websites.
  • Some of the incoming coverage would be repetitive or even delayed at times.
MyMediaInfo is great if you need a solution for media tracking, or a more robust solution for building media lists and tracking coverage. It seems like an affordable option for smaller public relations firms, compared to other services. However, it appears to be missing some of the functionality of competitor services like Cision.
Read Jess Messenger's full review
January 19, 2017
Charlotte Gilmour (nee Sherry) | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work at a PR agency. I use Marketwired predominantly to distribute news on behalf of my clients. My clients are from many sectors - retail, telecoms, non-profit, tech etc. I would typically use the news distribution 1-3 times a month. It allowed us to disseminate news and get coverage on some online websites that would be difficult to pitch via email or telephone. I managed several junior members of staff and also set them us and oversaw them using the service.
  • It allowed me to get coverage on online websites that I could pitch via telephone or email.
  • I almost always got 5-8 pieces of coverage for each story distributed. Sometimes it would get picked up via a newspaper and go much wider.
  • Getting online coverage helps my clients with SEO.
  • Marketwired has recently changed its online platform. It is more complex than necessary. I used it many times and still often had to call the help desk for advice. Sometimes there would be 'bugs' in the system that were out of my control and even the help desk struggled to resolve it.
  • I used to simply email the news release & photos to the help desk and they'd get it out for me on time. It was effective and I appreciated the excellent customer service. Now the help desk are no longer allowed to distribute on a client's behalf, which is frustrating - even if you struggle using the online system.
  • The section of the online platform I found most confusing was around which media a news story would be distributed too. There are a lot of choices and it wasn't obvious to me as to how they were sub-divided. I often had to check with the help desk to ensure I'd made the best selection for the news story.
  • The level of customer service has declined. My account manager who previously provided excellent service was moved to another role as part of an internal restructure. Many team members at my agency voiced frustrations with the level of customer care.
If you want to guarantee 5-8 pieces of online coverage for a news story, then Marketwired is worth using. It's cost-effective and the news often appears on news syndication sites that wouldn't otherwise feature it (Yahoo Finance, Canadian Business, Bloomsberg etc.).

If you want to get news coverage on the radio, in print, and on TV, then you're still better emailing it directly to the news outlet and picking up the phone. It's much more time-intensive, but a lot more effective.
Read Charlotte Gilmour (nee Sherry)'s full review
October 10, 2016
Nathan Illsley | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a public relations firm, a lot of our daily duties include pitching and media relations. We frequently use Marketwired to ensure that our news is reaching the largest database possible and connects with the most readers and outlets. Marketwired offers a large range of distribution networks, including local, regional, national, and even international packages, so regardless of the size of your release or the scope of your intended targets, they have you covered.
  • Marketwired allows you to create a very tailored distribution list to ensure adequate pickup with your intended target demographic.
  • Marketwired allows you to track your placements so that you have a full list of where your release appeared.
  • Marketwired gives detailed reports of how many clicks your release received and how many impressions you've earned.
  • Incorporation of social media would be helpful.
  • More customization of distribution lists.
  • Additional niche specialty areas for distribution.
If you have a press release that needs to be sent out to a wide range of outlets, Marketwired is a great way to do so. However, the service works best for more general and mass-appeal news as opposed to smaller, niche types of announcements, as the majority of the publications that will receive the news are general interest.
Read Nathan Illsley's full review
September 29, 2016
Dian Razak | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Marketwired for our press releases to announce each new webinar Xtalks is hosting. This is used by just one department. We receive a small number of people who heard of our events through press releases.
  • Easy to use dashboard with pre-selected newslines and industries.
  • Quite a comprehensive results dashboard that details the outreach of where your releases go.
  • For non-online releases (they just recently changed this), an editor will call you to verify your releases and they are very detailed in reading your article for any grammatical errors and other recommendations.
  • They recently changed that all online releases do not need verification. So there isn't a physical extra person screening the submission.
  • The topics of our press releases are very industry specific (healthcare and medical) - based on the results dashboard, the newlines and 'corridors' that they are sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.
In general, press releases work for timely, sensitive news - I think Marketwired is suited for that as other contacts I know in the industry recommend that they have a wide distribution network. It is less appropriate at times as I see the news is picked up by sites that aren't relevant.
Read Dian Razak's full review
December 14, 2016
Trevor Heisler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Marketwired is used for disseminating news releases and SEDAR filing for public company clients. It is used to meet disclosure requirements.
  • News releases look good and are easy to find on the Marketwired site.
  • The user interface is simple to use.
  • News releases come up in search engine results.
  • Make news releases embeddable so clients can easily add them to their websites.
Marketwired is well suited for TSX listed companies looking to get their story out while meeting their disclosure requirements.
Read Trevor Heisler's full review
December 14, 2016
Nicole Iannucci | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Marketwired across our whole organization as a news distribution service for our clients.
  • Great customer service. We are always pleased with their prompt response on issues or problems.
  • Helpful to our clients.
  • Easy billing.
  • I don't know about the other services marketwired offers [beyond News Distribution] - and no one has reached out to me to discuss. I think there is definitely room to improve on existing clients relations - we are quite happy with the service we use, but I'm sure there is more we could be doing with Marketwired
Marketwired is perfect for our clients who are trying to reach a wide audience for their news releases and distribution.
Read Nicole Iannucci's full review

Intrado GlobeNewswire Scorecard Summary

What is Intrado GlobeNewswire?

Intrado Digital Media services include GlobeNewswire (subsuming the former MyMediaInfo and Marketwired services) is a corporate press release distribution network, media database, and corporate communication / investor relations suite. It allows users to publish and share press releases worldwide, to the investment and media communities among others. The press release distribution services are based on technology acquired by West Corporation (rebranded Intrado in 2019) from NASDAQ in 2018.