There's a lot to learn in the platform - the user interface isn't necessarily intuitive, but once you learn the ropes it all starts to come together. I also have to say, support for the Ion side has been top notch since the word go. They are always available and willing to work with us to troubleshoot any problem - from complex data migration to advice on what template would work best for a new concept.
I'm excited to see how much of an impact with can make with Ion going forward.
- The Ion support team - both during implementation and as we've been building experiences - has been exemplary. They are always available, engaged and enthusiastic.
- One aspect of the platform that we've loved from the beginning is the customized design template that is built into the platform. Our in-house designer particularly loves this feature as it saves her hours of time when it comes to designing individual assets. She can go in and add polish and style without having to start from scratch every time.
- The metrics are also incredible. You can really examine and analyze them from several different angles. Automation, Content and our business lines each view the metrics from a different perspective so this has been an especially helpful feature.
- Ion University, while stacked with a wealth of information, is difficult to navigate from a troubleshooting perspective. The tutorial videos are all very helpful, but they are also very long. Sometimes I would want to search for how to address a particular issue I was struggling with and it would be a two-minute segment buried in a 45-minute video.
- Again, getting back the self-guidance side of things. I think a lot of the tutorials are set up in a way that makes sense to Ion, but not as much to the end user.
- I think the controls admins use when creating new users could be a bit more straightforward.
That said, if you're looking for something very simple - say a survey to push through social channels - I might recommend something more basic that you can get done quick and dirty.
ion interactive Review: "So far, so good! But it's technology, so ya know... waiting for the other shoe."
- I love that ion interactive autosaves. So many of these platforms leave me terrified of disconnection or closing my laptop.
- This WYSIWYG actually works. I've yet to have a translation or code glitch.
- Fast load times are a huge bonus, as well as mobile-optimized display.
- The organization of the catalog leaves something to be desired. It's not very straight forward and it looks dated.
- The editing tool can sometimes be wonky, zooming instead of opening an edit box.
- Matching styles requires a paste to match style. From what I can tell there's not a direct button or a global style push.
- The training and support are the most important resources. If you have any questions and problems - Ion support is always there during business hours.
- Analytics. Ion provides the ability to track everything directly in the platform so you know exactly where the user is going.
- Ease of use. Once you complete the training, you can start right off the bat and dive right into the platform to produce new material.
- I think that the platform could be a little more intuitive. I don't think you can jump in without the training - some areas need an explanation.
- I can't believe that they do not have a back button! If you accidentally move something, want to try something new really quick. You can only undo if you delete something.
- Personally, I think the interface is a little dated looking.
Review: "ion interactive, a great shortcut for interactive web content--if you have an on-staff developer"
- large template library
- easy to re-use chunks of things you build in other projects
- great chat support
- no revert option/revision history if you make a bad mistake
- some simple styles that should be just there for you have to be made through custom CSS
- some of their template options have some pretty bad designs and are not usable beyond a basic functionality level/have to be completely reskinned
- Lookup tables and server-scriptlets let us create hundreds of dynamic local pages from a single template. This allows us to optimize performance in one place and positively affect all of the locales.
- ion interactive has worked overtime to keep the technology fresh and have managed to sustain a quality user experience throughout all the evolution. Being able to offer out of the box experiences that are flashy, light-weight and totally customizable helps our speed to market positioning and makes our overall creative approach that much more efficient.
- The lack of a decent mobile interface has been an issue. Sometimes we have client issues or data worries that can't be solved from a hand-held.
- There have been some extra cool features in the platform that, as power users, we've uncovered in a variety of ways. We aren't creative-less WYSIWYG users and it can be a burden to dig and dig for something that isn't openly documented when trying advanced integrations or the like.
- Flexible templates - ability to create pages to meet clients' needs without being forced into pre-created templates. this helps us to make changes to constantly meet our client's needs
- Excellent customer service - this is one of the greatest things about working with ION. They have a wealth of knowledge on their support pages, but also have people who are available to answer questions and troubleshoot through issues. They are extremely responsive and helpful whenever we need something. We don't see this with other technology providers.
- Undo button - it would be great if there was an undo button so that when you make a change that you don't like, or accidentally remove something from a page you have the option to revert back to the previous version.
- The reporting could be more user-friendly and intuitive. We currently have to export reports to Excel and slice and dice the data to get the insights we need.
- Heat mapping and click mapping would be a useful layer on top of the current reporting. This would help to see where people are interacting most, and easily pinpoint areas of opportunity.
- Customer service support is technically minded and answers questions immediately
- The Interactive content allows for a unique page experience I did not find with other drag and drop providers
- Training and support articles are vast and helpful
- The tool definitely has a learning curve but once you get the hang of it it's very easy to use
- The custom build fee is one standard fee, it is not based on the level of effort or time put behind the build
- I was surprised to find out there is a $250 fee for SSL certificate integration, this is high for the effort needed
- There is no undo button, I tend to save versions of a page when I feel it's in a decent place so I don't lose time in page build
- ION's customer support is superb. They always respond promptly and actually jump into the creative to help understand what's going on and recommend solutions. They're extremely knowledgeable in the platform.
- Desktop and mobile setup are not responsive, so you can't forget to build out both version of pages. This can get frustrating at times, as some content may appear in different places than desktop.
- There is no undo button, so you better get used to copying your creatives! There have been many times where we accidentally deleted the wrong item on the page and had to rebuild everything from scratch. There are rare instances where the page allows you to undo your most recent action, but there is no pattern with that appearing.
- Fairly simple to learn the basics
- Surprisingly feature-rich, once you know where you look
- Robust back-end; can plug into most CRMs and marketing automation platforms.
- Fairly fiddly; it can take some time getting used to placement boxes and containers
- Lack of a robust undo feature. Deleting something presents you with a tiny undo box which vanishes after a few seconds. Miss it, and you miss your window to undo that 1 action.
- Greater on-page SEO tools and recommendations would be useful
- Allows for a lot of customization, and there are a lot of options and features to use to create a landing page that captures attention.
- Chat support is great.
- Ion Interactive is great at quickly implementing changes, keeping your landing page up to date when changes are necessary.
- It's a tough product to learn. Not very intuitive when you first start building out landing pages.
- There is no undo button!
- Simple tasks like adding in text links, and changing spacing can be very difficult. As a marketer, and not web dev, it can be very frustrating trying to figure out how the widgets work.
- Easy reporting
- Great chat service for issues
- ion is great for rapid, iterative deployment and testing of landing pages
- ion is great for interactive content
- The user interface of the console could be further improved for better organization and usability
- Easy templates for our design team to work in, templates gallery to share with prospective clients.
- A responsive and supportive team at ION.
- Customization beyond the standard template to enhance design and responsiveness.
- It is not obvious how or where to upload pictures and images within the template.
- Templates that are available to use.
- Ease of uploading items for use.
- Navigating through the build.
- Gather reports for our clients on the analytics.
- Cannot make PDFs of the creative performance.
- Overall analytics needs to be improved because our clients are asking for more details that just summaries.
- Setup and design of pages is relatively easy
- Customer service is very responsive
- Ability to learn on the fly and help/support knowledgebase is excellent
- Design at times can be not intuitive
- The ability to get to reporting can be a bit difficult based on how many clicks it takes
- Expanded reporting to give even more functional use would be great.
- The pre-loaded templates are easy to use and can get content up and active very easily.
- The training is easy to follow online at your own pace.
- The online chat with a live person for personal help is very useful for trouble-shooting.
- It can be difficult to create custom content that is above and beyond the standard templates.
- Some of the coding is not very user-intuitive to make changes to easily for formatting.
- The content blocks can be difficult to work with when trying to copy and paste additional content. There are too many layers and it is difficult to know which layers to select.
- The advanced features take a lot of additional training.
- The Ion Interactive platform enables you to do pretty much anything you set your mind to. The Creative Studio is robust with built-in features that make building and customizing your landing page easy. There's always free resources on the internet that can help you build pages like this, but all of them have paled in comparison when it comes to the ability to customize and ease-of-use.
- Learning such a robust platform can be hard. However, the support resources offered at Ion Interactive are top-notch. From their built-in Ion-University training courses to the helpful and friendly chat support staff, we've always had access to the expertise to figure out the best ways to accomplish what we set out to do. This is a breath of fresh air after working with some other web-building platforms and marketing automation systems.
- Communication with Ion has always been really easy. They're quick to respond to questions and concerns, and maintain a level of professional accountability that you don't always find with tech support staff.
- If there was a way to have an "undo" key when building these interactive experiences, that would be awesome... However, I recognize that isn't how these work.
If you're only looking for flat, basic landing pages, Ion Interactive will work, but it's a costly platform if you're just going to under-utilize it.
- Create landing pages fast
- WYSIWYG Editor that allows you to add visual elements easily
- Responsive pages for different types of devices
- SVG's can be difficult to work with
- Unable to export a web page HTML for use in other platforms
- Tutorials are a bit basic to create truly stunning landing pages
It is not well suited for creating entire web pages (although it is possible).
- Offers templates allow us to utilize a single template to copy from and change it up with ease
- Support is responsive with helping out to determine what we can do to expand our offering.
- Although many times we have to pay for support to implement our changes they are very well suited to do the job.
- The ability to copy page rules would be a nice expansion on their offerings.
- Sometimes the small details take a long time to fix because the tool does not let you copy page rules.
- Some of the help features are basic in nature and could be more in depth to help the individual solve their own issues.
- Autosave feature - amazing for people who are forgetful in saving their work
- Easy to use interface
- Autosave feature - once you make a change, there is no going back
- Add an undo button!
- More aesthetically pleasing home screen
- Track user activity.
- Layout content in a digestible way.
- Make information more interactive on the website.
- Too many pre-training videos.
- The overwhelming amount of information in regards to functions.
- The best feature is that we're able to use creatives to build a single webform, and use that webform across as many pages as we desire. This allows us to save time by not having to build out hundreds of individual webforms.
- We're able to use these pages for specific campaigns or just to a single group, such as a corporate company's employees. The pages allow for dynamic content to be pulled in so we can create a single page, but utilize it for as many individual companies as we choose.
- It can be used to create a single tabbed page with as much or little content as we choose, or we can create a multi-tabbed landing page that will offer viewers a more robust page with more information. We're able to map this information over into our CMS system with ease and troubleshoot where a prospect came from, if they were from one of our pages.
- I recommend adding an "undo" option to the product. We've had instances where the content administrator clicked an item and inadvertently dragged a part of the page elsewhere. Sometimes you can't even tell if you did this. A simple undo or revert option would significantly improve the ease of use.
- I would like to be able to see iterations of a page. In another platform we use, we're able to create staging and production environments and see the difference between an old version of the page and the new one. While content going "live" immediately is a pro, the fact that we can't see what existed previously on the page once we save is a con.
- I'd like to see a better way of viewing mobile responsiveness. At times, when I size my browser down, if a page was cloned, I'll see different images or content depending on my window size. It would be beneficial to have a feature where the page creator can see all mobile versions of the page with ease.
ion interactive Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ion interactive
ion is an interactive content platform that provides the scalable foundation to grow from one interactive experience to one thousand interactive experiences. The vendor’s value proposition is that with ion, interactive content development complexity, long timelines, high costs and maintenance problems are replaced with freedom and agility.
The vendor says that by using their interactive content marketing solutions, marketers can cut through the clutter — creating, testing and measuring engaging interactive content marketing without development. Additionally, the vendor says every type of data-driven experience — quizzes, assessments, calculators, configurators, solution builders, interactive white papers, interactive infographics — can be launched in hours or days instead of weeks or months.
ion’s interactive content marketing platform is a web-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that empowers marketers to rapidly deploy, test and measure all types of interactive content without costly, complex and time consuming development.
ion interactive Screenshots
ion interactive Videos (6)
ion interactive Downloadables
ion interactive Integrations
ion interactive Competitors
|Build Anything SaaS Platform||2,000||per month|
|Managed Services + SaaS||Custom||per year|
ion’s Build Anything SaaS platform provides organizations with an entirely new and agile interactive content marketing capability. It enables non-technical marketers and designers to create, test and measure an unlimited number of all types of interactive content marketing experiences. It includes unlimited seats, experiences, tests, customization, phone and email support, analytics and more.
ion interactive Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||60%|
ion interactive Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ion interactive Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||English|