- Ion Interactive allows you to rapidly prototype landing pages for multiple domains and keep your marketing campaigns organized.
- This tool allows for a lot of customization and flexibility. You can create forms for your landing pages. And do you need to connect to an API? Yep it is quick and easy. Do you need to have the submitted forms email to someone in your company? No problem. Do you need to create custom thank you pages for your campaign? It does that too. Do you need your landing page to show different content to different users based on different parameters? Once you get the hang of it, this is a breeze. Do you need to do all of these things together? It does that quickly and easily too.
- Do you want to code sets of templates that can be re-used with just minor tweaks? This platform can take a very basic base template, and allow you to rapidly edit this template (think child themes), to be customized for each campaign and then be re-used whenever necessary.
- The learning curve in Ion Interactive is a bit tough for some people. The support team is great and whether you are a developer or a marketer and wanting to use this platform, they will have several one on one sessions with you to get you in and get you moving. However the learning curve is a bit tough since this does work quite differently than most web platforms.
- If you do not have a developer to create your custom themes and custom frameworks, the graphic user interface is good, but with any non-custom solution, sometimes it can limit things a little bit.
If you simply want to build a website, this tool really is not for that. This tool is a bit expensive, they market this only to enterprise clients for a reason!
There's a lot to learn in the platform - the user interface isn't necessarily intuitive, but once you learn the ropes it all starts to come together. I also have to say, support for the Ion side has been top notch since the word go. They are always available and willing to work with us to troubleshoot any problem - from complex data migration to advice on what template would work best for a new concept.
I'm excited to see how much of an impact with can make with Ion going forward.
- The Ion support team - both during implementation and as we've been building experiences - has been exemplary. They are always available, engaged and enthusiastic.
- One aspect of the platform that we've loved from the beginning is the customized design template that is built into the platform. Our in-house designer particularly loves this feature as it saves her hours of time when it comes to designing individual assets. She can go in and add polish and style without having to start from scratch every time.
- The metrics are also incredible. You can really examine and analyze them from several different angles. Automation, Content and our business lines each view the metrics from a different perspective so this has been an especially helpful feature.
- Ion University, while stacked with a wealth of information, is difficult to navigate from a troubleshooting perspective. The tutorial videos are all very helpful, but they are also very long. Sometimes I would want to search for how to address a particular issue I was struggling with and it would be a two-minute segment buried in a 45-minute video.
- Again, getting back the self-guidance side of things. I think a lot of the tutorials are set up in a way that makes sense to Ion, but not as much to the end user.
- I think the controls admins use when creating new users could be a bit more straightforward.
That said, if you're looking for something very simple - say a survey to push through social channels - I might recommend something more basic that you can get done quick and dirty.
ion interactive Review: "So far, so good! But it's technology, so ya know... waiting for the other shoe."
- I love that ion interactive autosaves. So many of these platforms leave me terrified of disconnection or closing my laptop.
- This WYSIWYG actually works. I've yet to have a translation or code glitch.
- Fast load times are a huge bonus, as well as mobile-optimized display.
- The organization of the catalog leaves something to be desired. It's not very straight forward and it looks dated.
- The editing tool can sometimes be wonky, zooming instead of opening an edit box.
- Matching styles requires a paste to match style. From what I can tell there's not a direct button or a global style push.
- The training and support are the most important resources. If you have any questions and problems - Ion support is always there during business hours.
- Analytics. Ion provides the ability to track everything directly in the platform so you know exactly where the user is going.
- Ease of use. Once you complete the training, you can start right off the bat and dive right into the platform to produce new material.
- I think that the platform could be a little more intuitive. I don't think you can jump in without the training - some areas need an explanation.
- I can't believe that they do not have a back button! If you accidentally move something, want to try something new really quick. You can only undo if you delete something.
- Personally, I think the interface is a little dated looking.
- Flexible templates - ability to create pages to meet clients' needs without being forced into pre-created templates. this helps us to make changes to constantly meet our client's needs
- Excellent customer service - this is one of the greatest things about working with ION. They have a wealth of knowledge on their support pages, but also have people who are available to answer questions and troubleshoot through issues. They are extremely responsive and helpful whenever we need something. We don't see this with other technology providers.
- Undo button - it would be great if there was an undo button so that when you make a change that you don't like, or accidentally remove something from a page you have the option to revert back to the previous version.
- The reporting could be more user-friendly and intuitive. We currently have to export reports to Excel and slice and dice the data to get the insights we need.
- Heat mapping and click mapping would be a useful layer on top of the current reporting. This would help to see where people are interacting most, and easily pinpoint areas of opportunity.
- Customer service support is technically minded and answers questions immediately
- The Interactive content allows for a unique page experience I did not find with other drag and drop providers
- Training and support articles are vast and helpful
- The tool definitely has a learning curve but once you get the hang of it it's very easy to use
- The custom build fee is one standard fee, it is not based on the level of effort or time put behind the build
- I was surprised to find out there is a $250 fee for SSL certificate integration, this is high for the effort needed
- There is no undo button, I tend to save versions of a page when I feel it's in a decent place so I don't lose time in page build
- ION's customer support is superb. They always respond promptly and actually jump into the creative to help understand what's going on and recommend solutions. They're extremely knowledgeable in the platform.
- Desktop and mobile setup are not responsive, so you can't forget to build out both version of pages. This can get frustrating at times, as some content may appear in different places than desktop.
- There is no undo button, so you better get used to copying your creatives! There have been many times where we accidentally deleted the wrong item on the page and had to rebuild everything from scratch. There are rare instances where the page allows you to undo your most recent action, but there is no pattern with that appearing.
- Fairly simple to learn the basics
- Surprisingly feature-rich, once you know where you look
- Robust back-end; can plug into most CRMs and marketing automation platforms.
- Fairly fiddly; it can take some time getting used to placement boxes and containers
- Lack of a robust undo feature. Deleting something presents you with a tiny undo box which vanishes after a few seconds. Miss it, and you miss your window to undo that 1 action.
- Greater on-page SEO tools and recommendations would be useful
- Allows for a lot of customization, and there are a lot of options and features to use to create a landing page that captures attention.
- Chat support is great.
- Ion Interactive is great at quickly implementing changes, keeping your landing page up to date when changes are necessary.
- It's a tough product to learn. Not very intuitive when you first start building out landing pages.
- There is no undo button!
- Simple tasks like adding in text links, and changing spacing can be very difficult. As a marketer, and not web dev, it can be very frustrating trying to figure out how the widgets work.
- Easy templates for our design team to work in, templates gallery to share with prospective clients.
- A responsive and supportive team at ION.
- Customization beyond the standard template to enhance design and responsiveness.
- It is not obvious how or where to upload pictures and images within the template.
- The Ion Interactive platform enables you to do pretty much anything you set your mind to. The Creative Studio is robust with built-in features that make building and customizing your landing page easy. There's always free resources on the internet that can help you build pages like this, but all of them have paled in comparison when it comes to the ability to customize and ease-of-use.
- Learning such a robust platform can be hard. However, the support resources offered at Ion Interactive are top-notch. From their built-in Ion-University training courses to the helpful and friendly chat support staff, we've always had access to the expertise to figure out the best ways to accomplish what we set out to do. This is a breath of fresh air after working with some other web-building platforms and marketing automation systems.
- Communication with Ion has always been really easy. They're quick to respond to questions and concerns, and maintain a level of professional accountability that you don't always find with tech support staff.
- If there was a way to have an "undo" key when building these interactive experiences, that would be awesome... However, I recognize that isn't how these work.
If you're only looking for flat, basic landing pages, Ion Interactive will work, but it's a costly platform if you're just going to under-utilize it.
- Create landing pages fast
- WYSIWYG Editor that allows you to add visual elements easily
- Responsive pages for different types of devices
- SVG's can be difficult to work with
- Unable to export a web page HTML for use in other platforms
- Tutorials are a bit basic to create truly stunning landing pages
It is not well suited for creating entire web pages (although it is possible).
- Offers templates allow us to utilize a single template to copy from and change it up with ease
- Support is responsive with helping out to determine what we can do to expand our offering.
- Although many times we have to pay for support to implement our changes they are very well suited to do the job.
- The ability to copy page rules would be a nice expansion on their offerings.
- Sometimes the small details take a long time to fix because the tool does not let you copy page rules.
- Some of the help features are basic in nature and could be more in depth to help the individual solve their own issues.
- Autosave feature - amazing for people who are forgetful in saving their work
- Easy to use interface
- Autosave feature - once you make a change, there is no going back
- Add an undo button!
- More aesthetically pleasing home screen
Review: "ion interactive, a great shortcut for interactive web content--if you have an on-staff developer"
- large template library
- easy to re-use chunks of things you build in other projects
- great chat support
- no revert option/revision history if you make a bad mistake
- some simple styles that should be just there for you have to be made through custom CSS
- some of their template options have some pretty bad designs and are not usable beyond a basic functionality level/have to be completely reskinned
- Lookup tables and server-scriptlets let us create hundreds of dynamic local pages from a single template. This allows us to optimize performance in one place and positively affect all of the locales.
- ion interactive has worked overtime to keep the technology fresh and have managed to sustain a quality user experience throughout all the evolution. Being able to offer out of the box experiences that are flashy, light-weight and totally customizable helps our speed to market positioning and makes our overall creative approach that much more efficient.
- The lack of a decent mobile interface has been an issue. Sometimes we have client issues or data worries that can't be solved from a hand-held.
- There have been some extra cool features in the platform that, as power users, we've uncovered in a variety of ways. We aren't creative-less WYSIWYG users and it can be a burden to dig and dig for something that isn't openly documented when trying advanced integrations or the like.
- ion collects data on both converted AND non-converted users of the landing pages. This is great because it allows insight into the customer 'journey'/use for non-converted users, and identify optimization points.
- ion allows tags to built into landing pages, which let users' experiences be captured in a variety of ways. For instance, if a user clicks a link or opens a lightbox, those events are captured.
- ion integrates with a number of platforms, including CRM systems and SQL instances. This makes gathering and manipulating data much more straightforward.
- ion should have lifetime client exports that don't require exporting global respondents/all client data.
It is not well-suited for one-off or single-use landing pages. Its built-in data gathering and reporting capabilities are powerful and an asset to the platform.
- Ion has amazing interactive features that really captivate the readers. Attention span for adults in 2017 is less than 5 seconds so keeping ahold of their attention is extremely important!
- We like all of the different templates and color palettes that Ion has, it's great being able to start with each client's colors ready to go and not have to rebuild each time
- We LOVE the chat support. It has been a huge help to us and we highly recumbent engaging with chat support to learn more about ion capabilities.
- Adding a link in text is very difficult and we feel it could be made so much more simple
- Understanding the dashboard and analytics can be tricky. It would be helpful to have more tutorials for that end of ion
- Having a more streamlined way to choose a template or a theme would be helpful - maybe a questionnaire to see what you're looking for and where to start?
- The pre established templates speed up the work
- The tracking features really allow us to modify and update sites as the user experiences data comes in
- Creating fluid and mobile designs is a snap
- IT NEEDS an undo button
- The GUI is very programmer like...a more designer friendly GUI will make it easier to use
- Simple program scripts to grab and use would eliminate tech support calls
- Easy reporting
- Great chat service for issues
- ion is great for rapid, iterative deployment and testing of landing pages
- ion is great for interactive content
- The user interface of the console could be further improved for better organization and usability
- Templates that are available to use.
- Ease of uploading items for use.
- Navigating through the build.
- Gather reports for our clients on the analytics.
- Cannot make PDFs of the creative performance.
- Overall analytics needs to be improved because our clients are asking for more details that just summaries.
- Setup and design of pages is relatively easy
- Customer service is very responsive
- Ability to learn on the fly and help/support knowledgebase is excellent
- Design at times can be not intuitive
- The ability to get to reporting can be a bit difficult based on how many clicks it takes
- Expanded reporting to give even more functional use would be great.
- Ion Interactive works well for data collection and management.
- We like how this product helps us quickly duplicate landing pages and make changes on the fly.
- We like how Ion Interactive makes it simple for both experienced and inexperienced web developers to make changes to our landing pages.
- We wish there was an easier way to make changes without it being always on a live site, as this has caused issues with typos or mistakes.
- Some of the landing page creation tools seem a bit dated.
- Dashboard visuals could be updated.
ion interactive Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ion interactive
ion is an interactive content platform that provides the scalable foundation to grow from one interactive experience to one thousand interactive experiences. The vendor’s value proposition is that with ion, interactive content development complexity, long timelines, high costs and maintenance problems are replaced with freedom and agility.
The vendor says that by using their interactive content marketing solutions, marketers can cut through the clutter — creating, testing and measuring engaging interactive content marketing without development. Additionally, the vendor says every type of data-driven experience — quizzes, assessments, calculators, configurators, solution builders, interactive white papers, interactive infographics — can be launched in hours or days instead of weeks or months.
ion’s interactive content marketing platform is a web-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that empowers marketers to rapidly deploy, test and measure all types of interactive content without costly, complex and time consuming development.
ion interactive Screenshots
ion interactive Videos (6)
ion interactive Downloadables
ion interactive Integrations
ion interactive Competitors
|Managed Services + SaaS||Custom||per year|
ion’s Build Anything SaaS platform provides organizations with an entirely new and agile interactive content marketing capability. It enables non-technical marketers and designers to create, test and measure an unlimited number of all types of interactive content marketing experiences. It includes unlimited seats, experiences, tests, customization, phone and email support, analytics and more.
ion interactive Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||60%|
ion interactive Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ion interactive Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||English|