iOS Reviews

Derek Benson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

iOS devices remain a good value, but not head and shoulders over competitors

We use iPads for a specific user group to get roster information, weather information, schedules, etc. These are corporate owned assets. We also support end-users' iOS devices via BYOD by allowing them onto a mobile network with limited bandwidth and functionality. The iPads specifically are relatively intuitive for end-users to do their job functions, easy to update, maintain, etc. Administrative overhead is minimal from an IT department perspective.
  • Easy to use; intuitive for an end-user.
  • Behaves well in a mixed environment of networking equipment.
  • Mixed results in a Microsoft domain environment with Office support, but that is perhaps to be expected.
Good for casual computing, light use. I find the more heavy computing that is required the less likely an iOS device is suited. For emails, web browsing, etc. it performs well.
Read Derek Benson's full review
Mike Bursack | TrustRadius Reviewer

iOS For Simple Business Users

We use it for the entire organization for cellular communications, hotspot WiFi for emergencies, texting, and various app usage. We like iOS because it is secure and safe for our users. iOS seems to be very widely used for businesses.
  • Good sound quality.
  • Lots of available apps.
  • Secure and safe.
  • Easy to use as it keeps the basics simple.
  • Replacing the battery is hard and shouldn't be.
  • I know it is for security, but the ability to remote control iOS and help users would be great.
  • Security can be tight with the iCloud and passcodes and you can brick a phone if you are not careful.
Its simple and great for low-tech business users. But my experienced users can easily get what they need to be done as well. With all the Apps available its a great tool for so many things. And again the Apps are more secure as putting an app on the App Store requires more info and checks than on Android apps.
Read Mike Bursack's full review
Marcelo Araujo | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Best operating system when it comes to security

iOS is very important in our organization. There is no possibility to build an app and not bring it to iOS nowadays. As a user, I like the platform. The focus on security gives me peace of mind. I can keep my important information on my phone and it is fine. As a developer, I can see a lot of opportunities using it. There are some iOS users here and they think the same.
  • Security.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Customization.
  • Price of iOS devices in Brazil is high.
IOS security is great. Apple always takes great care when it comes to that. The apps are great as well and there a lot of them available on the app store. The system is very easy to use as well but it is too closed off. You cannot change the home screen for example. There are a lot of API's that you can use for building apps but some of them are closed.
Read Marcelo Araujo's full review
Elizabeth Ritzik | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2019

iOS is the ultimate platform!

The whole organization uses iOS. It is a very seamless program. We are solving our every day administrative tasks by using it. The search feature makes looking for files easy and quick. We also use iPads and iPhones which sync with iOS.
  • Easy to use.
  • Fast.
  • Efficient.
  • Less updates with reminders.
iOS has a very simple and easy to use interface. We do not have to worry about getting a virus and it provides the high-security that we really focus on.
Read Elizabeth Ritzik's full review
Nathanael Tanguilig | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2019

iOS Review

In our organization, it up to each employee if they're going to use Apple or Android. Some employees also use iOS. As per my role in this organization, it helps me a lot because all of my software is compatible with iOS. The only issue is when I need to collaborate with an Android user, since sharing data like photos/videos are not that easy. Though I can use third-party apps, most of the time it takes a lot of process in order to transfer simple files. Thankfully our organization uses O365, therefore most of my docs are on the cloud so that any device may access the files as long as it is connected to my account.
  • User-interface.
  • Design.
  • Less bugs than other platforms.
  • Not open-source.
  • Easier file sharing across other platforms.
  • Silent delivery of rapid app updates.
IOs is suitable for cloud users like me and who are looking for a simple yet powerful OS. It is less appropriate for users who are using their phones for customization. Basically, it is good for managers, but not for IT programmers.
Read Nathanael Tanguilig's full review
Harshit Bhattaram | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

iOS: An operating system for the modern and connected age

The majority of people in our organization use an iPhone, and we also have a few iPads and so we have a lot of iOS in our company. The number one feature that we all love is continuity -- we can work on our iOS devices and when we are close to a Mac, we can resume it automatically. The Note-taking, photos app, and the seamless integration between devices is absolutely superb. The iOS platform as such with its large number of applications has solved a lot of problems whether staying connected with colleagues on the go via the oh-so-cool iMessage, attending meetings with the help of various apps like Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, or enabling two-factor authentication to connect to our work network with the help of Symantec. And we also have all our iOS devices added to Find My which makes them easy to track in case of any theft. So if I were to recommend a mobile OS to anyone, it would be iOS hands down.
  • Smooth and Fluid UI
  • Ease of Use
  • Prompt Software Updates
  • Secure
  • Large collection of Apps
  • Customization
  • Battery consumption on legacy devices
  • Better bluetooth pairing with non apple hardware
The primary reason, at an enterprise level, I would recommend an iOS device to anyone would be its security and how it's not as easy for anyone to hack the OS. Apart from security, the next area where I feel iOS outshines others is how smooth the user-interface behaves and also the fluidity.

Where it falls shorts is in customization. It could offer more, but is moving in the right direction with every new iteration.
Read Harshit Bhattaram's full review

iOS Protects You From Viruses

iOS is used in every day-to-day business operation. The biggest use is on the iPad and the iPhone both of which are used for board meetings and other events as well as for email, creating quick Word documents and other looking things up on the Internet.
  • Easy to Use
  • Quick Information
  • Secure
  • Layout Customizing
  • Faster Plugins
  • Easier VPN Access
For court hearings instead of using a big laptop or a computer iPads are very easy to use and help with the flow of the process. iOS also is very spyware proof, which doesn't let people download any kind of files to infect their device and or filter through our network.
December 04, 2019

iOS keeps your device up-to-date, lowering costs without losing support from the manufacturer

iOS provides industry-standard ease of use, security, and safety. It has a fantastic selection of apps in the App Store that make the phone more than just a phone, but a mini-computer that allows for a prompt response to issues. It can be used for entertainment, support for technical problems or even to decode a trouble code on a car. All in all, a very useful and easy-to-use operating system.
  • User experience is consistent
  • Updates to the operating system and apps are seamless and unobtrusive.
  • The Messages app for communications is secure and safe from prying eyes.
  • Lacks certain power user customization
  • The UI is starting to get a little behind in design
  • Does a poor job of showing users all the features it has
The safari browser is an excellent browser for mobile browsing with its content blockers that allow sites to load faster and without burdensome advertisements.

On the other hand, if you want to use the stock camera app, the settings are buried in the iOS settings app under camera. Forcing a power user to purchase a more powerful photo taking app to have more controls over the camera.

About iOS

Apple's iOS is the company's mobile operating system.