iOS Reviews

November 04, 2020
We deploy iOS devices by the hundred[s] across dozens of schools, mostly for student use, but occasionally for instructor use. We also use a few devices internally, not only for testing, but for their myriad other uses: from using a scanner app to archive contracts, to network scanning tools to help diagnose connectivity issues.
  • iOS is easy for users to get started with, and many people are already familiar with it.
  • iOS is easily managed when purchased through Apple and managed via School/Business Manager.
  • iOS is a relatively secure platform with many options for protecting personal and organizational data.
  • Some of the security features can get in the way of organizational management, requiring careful consideration of the configuration.
  • There are a lot of design choices that are consumer-first that you have to work around with institutionally-owned devices.
  • There are some hard limitations, like apps not having direct access to network interfaces for WiFi scans.
iOS works well when you want solid control over institutionally-owned devices. This generally works best when you play by Apple's rules and buy through them and use Apple School/Business Manager - so if you're going for a BYOD model, this probably isn't the way to do [it]. There is a wide variety of management tools, but bear the costs of each in mind.
If you have a common problem, support is great. Apple Support is responsive, and Apple Care is easy to work with. There's also a big community of iOS users with solutions for common problems posted online. If you run into a rare issue, though, be prepared for the long-haul or disappointment. I was never able to find a solution for some vanished e-book licenses despite weeks of working with Apple.
January 29, 2020
Derek Benson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use iPads for a specific user group to get roster information, weather information, schedules, etc. These are corporate owned assets. We also support end-users' iOS devices via BYOD by allowing them onto a mobile network with limited bandwidth and functionality. The iPads specifically are relatively intuitive for end-users to do their job functions, easy to update, maintain, etc. Administrative overhead is minimal from an IT department perspective.
  • Easy to use; intuitive for an end-user.
  • Behaves well in a mixed environment of networking equipment.
  • Mixed results in a Microsoft domain environment with Office support, but that is perhaps to be expected.
Good for casual computing, light use. I find the more heavy computing that is required the less likely an iOS device is suited. For emails, web browsing, etc. it performs well.
Lots of help articles online for just about everything under the sun. I have never personally had to engage Apple's support team to comment on their helpfulness.
Read Derek Benson's full review
Mike Bursack | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for the entire organization for cellular communications, hotspot WiFi for emergencies, texting, and various app usage. We like iOS because it is secure and safe for our users. iOS seems to be very widely used for businesses.
  • Good sound quality.
  • Lots of available apps.
  • Secure and safe.
  • Easy to use as it keeps the basics simple.
  • Replacing the battery is hard and shouldn't be.
  • I know it is for security, but the ability to remote control iOS and help users would be great.
  • Security can be tight with the iCloud and passcodes and you can brick a phone if you are not careful.
Its simple and great for low-tech business users. But my experienced users can easily get what they need to be done as well. With all the Apps available its a great tool for so many things. And again the Apps are more secure as putting an app on the App Store requires more info and checks than on Android apps.
By support, I'm thinking about the apps and what I find on internet searches with no problems at all. For technical support, I call my cellular rep and not Apple for that kind of support.
Read Mike Bursack's full review
January 10, 2020
Marcelo Araujo | TrustRadius Reviewer
iOS is very important in our organization. There is no possibility to build an app and not bring it to iOS nowadays. As a user, I like the platform. The focus on security gives me peace of mind. I can keep my important information on my phone and it is fine. As a developer, I can see a lot of opportunities using it. There are some iOS users here and they think the same.
  • Security.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Customization.
  • Price of iOS devices in Brazil is high.
IOS security is great. Apple always takes great care when it comes to that. The apps are great as well and there a lot of them available on the app store. The system is very easy to use as well but it is too closed off. You cannot change the home screen for example. There are a lot of API's that you can use for building apps but some of them are closed.
Apple has the best support ever. They know everything about the products and systems and they are always ready to help.
Read Marcelo Araujo's full review
December 09, 2019
Elizabeth Ritzik | TrustRadius Reviewer
The whole organization uses iOS. It is a very seamless program. We are solving our every day administrative tasks by using it. The search feature makes looking for files easy and quick. We also use iPads and iPhones which sync with iOS.
  • Easy to use.
  • Fast.
  • Efficient.
  • Less updates with reminders.
iOS has a very simple and easy to use interface. We do not have to worry about getting a virus and it provides the high-security that we really focus on.
Fast customer service and helpful suggestions.
Read Elizabeth Ritzik's full review
December 05, 2019
Nathanael Tanguilig | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our organization, it up to each employee if they're going to use Apple or Android. Some employees also use iOS. As per my role in this organization, it helps me a lot because all of my software is compatible with iOS. The only issue is when I need to collaborate with an Android user, since sharing data like photos/videos are not that easy. Though I can use third-party apps, most of the time it takes a lot of process in order to transfer simple files. Thankfully our organization uses O365, therefore most of my docs are on the cloud so that any device may access the files as long as it is connected to my account.
  • User-interface.
  • Design.
  • Less bugs than other platforms.
  • Not open-source.
  • Easier file sharing across other platforms.
  • Silent delivery of rapid app updates.
IOs is suitable for cloud users like me and who are looking for a simple yet powerful OS. It is less appropriate for users who are using their phones for customization. Basically, it is good for managers, but not for IT programmers.
Read Nathanael Tanguilig's full review
Harshit Bhattaram | TrustRadius Reviewer
The majority of people in our organization use an iPhone, and we also have a few iPads and so we have a lot of iOS in our company. The number one feature that we all love is continuity -- we can work on our iOS devices and when we are close to a Mac, we can resume it automatically. The Note-taking, photos app, and the seamless integration between devices is absolutely superb. The iOS platform as such with its large number of applications has solved a lot of problems whether staying connected with colleagues on the go via the oh-so-cool iMessage, attending meetings with the help of various apps like Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, or enabling two-factor authentication to connect to our work network with the help of Symantec. And we also have all our iOS devices added to Find My which makes them easy to track in case of any theft. So if I were to recommend a mobile OS to anyone, it would be iOS hands down.
  • Smooth and Fluid UI
  • Ease of Use
  • Prompt Software Updates
  • Secure
  • Large collection of Apps
  • Customization
  • Battery consumption on legacy devices
  • Better bluetooth pairing with non apple hardware
The primary reason, at an enterprise level, I would recommend an iOS device to anyone would be its security and how it's not as easy for anyone to hack the OS. Apart from security, the next area where I feel iOS outshines others is how smooth the user-interface behaves and also the fluidity.

Where it falls shorts is in customization. It could offer more, but is moving in the right direction with every new iteration.
I bought my first Apple device in 2009, the iPod Touch 2nd generation, and it's still running beautifully. From then on, whether it's my iPad 2 or the multiple iterations of iPhones I've had, the support that Apple gives out annually is simply superb and with every iteration of iOS the experience is only getting better. Imagine a scenario where a device was bought in 2016 and runs like a charm even in 2019 and most certainly into 2020. Kudos to iOS for maintaining such longevity with continuous support. Never have I needed to reach out to customer support for any problems.
Read Harshit Bhattaram's full review
December 04, 2019
iOS is used in every day-to-day business operation. The biggest use is on the iPad and the iPhone both of which are used for board meetings and other events as well as for email, creating quick Word documents and other looking things up on the Internet.
  • Easy to Use
  • Quick Information
  • Secure
  • Layout Customizing
  • Faster Plugins
  • Easier VPN Access
For court hearings instead of using a big laptop or a computer iPads are very easy to use and help with the flow of the process. iOS also is very spyware proof, which doesn't let people download any kind of files to infect their device and or filter through our network.
I picked the rating of 10 because the support staff has chat, phone and email support. I know other companies off the same options but the Apple team is really up front and helping. They want to come to a resolution fast and don't want you guessing on what the issue is.
December 04, 2019
iOS provides industry-standard ease of use, security, and safety. It has a fantastic selection of apps in the App Store that make the phone more than just a phone, but a mini-computer that allows for a prompt response to issues. It can be used for entertainment, support for technical problems or even to decode a trouble code on a car. All in all, a very useful and easy-to-use operating system.
  • User experience is consistent
  • Updates to the operating system and apps are seamless and unobtrusive.
  • The Messages app for communications is secure and safe from prying eyes.
  • Lacks certain power user customization
  • The UI is starting to get a little behind in design
  • Does a poor job of showing users all the features it has
The safari browser is an excellent browser for mobile browsing with its content blockers that allow sites to load faster and without burdensome advertisements.

On the other hand, if you want to use the stock camera app, the settings are buried in the iOS settings app under camera. Forcing a power user to purchase a more powerful photo taking app to have more controls over the camera.
Apple is always quick to respond to support requests and if you purchase the AppleCare, you will get quick and fast resolutions to your problems.

What is iOS?

Apple's iOS is the company's mobile operating system.