Formerly Octopus HR

Iris HR Software

Why I'll Renew Octopus HR.

August 20, 2014

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Iris HR Software, and make your voice heard!

Basic

Per User Per Month

What is Iris HR Software?

Iris HR Software (formerly Octopus HR, acquired by Iris Software Group April 2016) is an HR suite.

Iris HR Software Video

A Short Introduction to IRIS HR

Iris HR Software Competitors

Iris HR Software Technical Details

What is Iris HR Software?

What are Iris HR Software's top competitors?

CIPHR are common alternatives for Iris HR Software.

Who uses Iris HR Software?

The most common users of Iris HR Software are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Banking industry.

We use Octopus HR to keep track of our employees. They're able to request days off, as well as use it as a tool to write their personal plans which their yearly bonus is based off of. It's being used by our 5 offices globally, our HR departments mainly set up new user accounts and managers in all departments use the program to aid in supervising their teams. Since it keeps track of our 400+ employees in an organized fashion, people are easily able to find one another's e-mails and contact information without much wasted time.
  • It's simple. I really appreciate that the layout of Octopus HR isn't something I have to question. I know where to look for something because it's clearly labeled, that's more than I can say for a lot of other HR systems I've seen.
  • Support. If I ever have a question about setting something up, or if something goes wrong, they're always on top of it. For instance, I had no idea how to set up employee photos on our accounts. I tweeted them and they responded right away, I'm based in LA and they're a UK company, I was impressed that they were able to respond right away. They make sure their customers are taken care of.
  • Great self guide. If there's ever an ordinary question I need answered their "Octopus Guide" is very thorough and walks you through everything.
  • Adding employee photos. That's definitely something I think is hard to figure out on your own.
  • An easier way for users to retrieve their passwords. Sometimes I notice even when employees put in all the correct information, the system doesn't recognize it.
I would definitely recommend Octopus HR if companies need every employee, not just one HR team, to use it. I think it's too much and would suggest something like Taleo for one team to use.

Key questions would be: Do you need a simple platform? Are you using this just for your HR team or will everyone need access? Is the way employees request PTO at your company disorganized?