Skip to main content
iSqFt

iSqFt

What is iSqFt?

ConstructConnect retains the iSqFt brand after merging the company; the platform is ConstructConnect's bidding and digital take off platform focused on helping construction contractors and companies locate bids and earn jobs.

TrustRadius Insights

Contractors have found that the software provided by iSqFt greatly improves communication and collaboration during the project invite …

• Document sharing (5)

• Premium Consulting/Integration Services

21 people also want pricing

What is Procore?

Procore is a project management software designed specifically for the construction industry. Procore is cloud-based and allows unlimited users per instance, so that construction team members and stakeholders can all access project information and documents.

What is monday.com?

monday.com Work OS is an open platform designed so that anyone can create the tools they need to run all aspects of their work. It includes ready-made templates or the ability to customize any work solution ranging from sales pipelines to marketing campaigns, CRMs, and project tracking.

Features

Construction Project & Field Management

Features related to collaboration between construction management and project execution (e.g. the office and the job site, general contractors and subcontractors)

Avg 7.4

Estimating

A set of tools and applications that allow contractors to forecast, track, monitor, and adjust the cost of building a structure. Cost estimates are used by project owners to determine the scope and feasibility of a project, and also for budget allocation. Contractors also use cost estimates when deciding whether or not to bid on a project and for bid creation.

9.8
Avg 8.2

iSqFt Technical Details

Reviewers rate Issue tracking & punchlists and Jobsite reports highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of iSqFt are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Attribute Ratings

Incentivized
As a subcontractor, we are a user of iSqFt as part of our bidding and estimating process. Our general contractor clients send us bid invitations through iSqFt along with the project documents, specifications, and drawings for each project. The platform allows for sharing documents and information easily with all project stakeholders.
  • Document Sharing
  • Communication
  • Bid Platform
  • Integration with other bidding platforms
  • Integration with Procore
  • Easier access for team members
iSqFt is a solid bidding platform that allows for document sharing and communication management between general contractors and subcontractors. The platform is not as intuitive and easy to use as other bidding platforms I have used such as Building Connected, but it gets the job done. Our clients drive which platform they use so we don't have control of which platform they use.
Construction Project & Field Management (15)
27.333333333333336%
2.7
Checklists
Meeting Minutes
Specifications
Change orders
1.8
Bid creation
Human Resource Management (7)
Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management (7)
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Asset Management (1)
Tracking of all physical assets
Reporting & Analytics (4)
Dashboards
Standard reports
Custom reports
Data exportability
  • Allows us to receive project bids from clients
  • Allows potential clients to send us project bids
  • Has gotten us jobs
iSqFt is a solid competitor in the bidding/estimating platform world but as a user, Building Connected is the front runner. iSqFt lacks on the collaboration side and isn't as easy to use and access as its competitors. Building Connected is used by most of our clients so it's easier to use because there is more information in one place.
Incentivized
iSqFt helps me keep track of upcoming projects and bidding opportunities in my area. It has projects listed that I may not have been aware of if not through their platform. iSqFt also send emails when new bidding opportunities featuring my scope become available which is a great for someone who is busy bidding projects because it eliminates the time it takes digging through the bid boards to find relevant projects.
  • preemptively sends emails for new opportunities related to my scope.
  • Has features to narrow down the exact opportunities you are looking for.
  • Has an extremely simple to use web interface.
  • Create sub categories under other trades that allow to better narrow down the exact jobs you are looking for.
  • Not send repeatetive emails for the same projects.
  • Make the service more affordable to small business's looking to grow.
I have noticed that many projects listed on iSqFt do not have all of the project details required to accurately bid a project. It would be nice if they had a vetting process that would required customers to upload certain documents and confirm they have certain information beofre placing the job out to bid through their platform.
Construction Project & Field Management (9)
21.11111111111111%
2.1
6.0
Specifications
6.0
Change orders
Bid creation
Human Resource Management (6)
Employee demographic data
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management (7)
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Asset Management (1)
Tracking of all physical assets
Reporting & Analytics (4)
Dashboards
Standard reports
Custom reports
Data exportability
  • It has helped increase exposure and the number of General Contractors we can meet and bid with
  • It has caused some wasted time by digging through bids that do not have all the relevant information to issue a proposal
  • It has made bidding opportunities easier by sending them directly to us.
PlanHub and iSqFt are comparable to eachother. I do believe iSqFt has a slightly better user interface. I have used both for many years and do not particularly prefer one over the other. They both seem to have the same features and information that allow me to easily review and bid project opportunities.
Incentivized
iSqFt is used by our estimators, project managers, and general superintendents. As an estimator, I primarily use iSqFt to view bid opportunities, as well as track open and submitted bids. It makes it simple for me to see the latest addenda and RFI responses for my current projects, and I'm able to see how we fared on projects I've already submitted.
  • Addendum Notifications
  • Project Details (Address, GC, Owner, Architect)
  • Aesthetics
  • Site Navigation
iSqFt is excellent for any subcontractor that is receiving all of its project information directly from a general contractor. General contractors constantly post project updates throughout the site and make it easy to stay up to date with any changes. It would be less appropriate for a subcontractor that may not have an assigned project yet.
Construction Project & Field Management (10)
  • More Opportunities
  • Better Organization
I'd say that iSqFt is a leader in the industry when compared to its competitors. It has all of the same capabilities and is perfect for any size project. I still use other software, but iSqFt is my usual go-to. I would recommend it to anyone in the construction industry.
I have never had a problem with support from the iSqFt team. They are continually reaching out with tips and tricks to make using their software easier. Anytime I've had a problem - which is seldom - they have been extremely prompt with their response on how to fix it.
April 03, 2019

Snail Slow iSqFt

Incentivized
I have to use iSqFt when a general contractor sends me a bid invite thru their service. I am the only one who uses it in our company. iSqFt would be a great asset to me because it gets me plans, bid invites etc.
  • It allows me access to plans and specifications on job that I been invited to bid on.
  • Also keeps track of addendums and the bid date in case they change it.
  • iSqFt has one major flaw that makes it a pain to use. I go there to get plans and specs. You think a company that sends you plans and specs would have a faster download speed, it takes forever to get the plans and specs. I usually find a way around iSqFt to get the plans and specs.
iSqFt would be a good little company, it has everything I need to do my job. The only problem is the download speed, I have high speed internet so I know it's not on my end. I use other companies that do the same as iSqFt and they don't have a problem with downloading just iSqFt.
Construction Project & Field Management (11)
24.545454545454547%
2.5
Reporting & Analytics
  • I have done a lot of take-offs on iSqFt and won a few that I have done on there but like I said, if I can get the plans elsewhere I do.
iSqFt is the better choice over Procore, iSqFt is a lot better than Procore all the way around even with its slow download speed.
Incentivized
We work with consulting engineers, mechanical contractors, and general contractors on plan and specification construction projects. The general contractor posts plans and specs under the project on the website so bidders and sub contractors can avoid having to pick up paper files and also avoid sending large files through email.
  • Even with a "Limited Access" free account, you are able to see all the necessary files. When using it to just look at a job and download documents, this is all you should need. With more access you can see more projects that are out to bid but as a sales engineer for a manufacturer, I receive the bid requests from my contractors who are bidding there is no need to upgrade my access level.
  • Documents are very easy to download into a .zip file and you can pick and choose which documents you want to download for specific trades. Plus there is a specific tab for Addenda so you don't have to search through the Documents tab. The tabs also show the amount of files in each tab so you can easily stay up to date on current documents.
  • The Dashboard of each job shows the project general contractor and for subcontractors, responding to a bid request is as easy as clicking a button to indicate if you will bud or will not bid. This dashboard also shows location and the project description which are particularly helpful for a manufacturers rep/sales engineer that may not see the project description otherwise.
  • The formatting and sizing of the font can be a little clunky at times. The main tabs at the top (Home, Projects, Prequalification, Administration) are rather large while the tabs within the project (Dashboard, Details, Bidder/Packages, etc..) are a little small. For those engineers who spend all day looking at computers and have failing eyesight, this can get to be a pain since the format is also spread out while being small font. If you zoom in to read, it cuts out a lot of the other sections you'd like to see.
  • Things are only updated on the project details if they are manually entered. If the company that enters the project into the system only fills out the minimum amount of detail, some of the function of the detail tab is rendered useless. Some of these inputs include value range, number of building, number of stories, total area, etc. which is used by some subcontractors for budget purposes and internal statistics on jobs that are bidding. So what you get out of this section is all that the owner of the projects wants to put in.
  • There is a button to submit an RFQ or general question but you must be a subscriber to the software to enter a question. Otherwise it's a long process of going up the chain of command to submit. This makes it confusing for the team fielding the questions since they are coming from different chains of communication. I've had jobs where my questions were completely missed because of this.
iSqFt is great for communication project requirements, bid intents, projects and documentation changes, and follow up transmittals. Since a basic membership is free, it is a good way to distribute documents to bidders and sub bidders and not have to worry about manually sending out addenda and dealing with email file size limitations.
Construction Project & Field Management (10)
6.6
Estimating
Reporting & Analytics
  • Compared to searching folders in FTP sites for addenda, this is a much easier way to view if there are new addenda right on the home page of the project. This can save a lot of time, especially if the FTP site I am viewing has not been updated to reflect addenda, which is often the case. Then it becomes too late in the bid to submit any questions if required, and sometimes if we miss something regarding our scope in the addenda, we end up eating the cost for it.
  • The fact that this avoid having to send files via email is a great advantage. Different company servers have different limits for max file size so this avoids bounce-backs.
  • Being able to see the full project description in my position as a sales engineer for a manufacturer is a bid benefit. Sometimes the description describes bid alternates that are not described in the spec and that we wouldn't hear about until after we send out our proposal. It is also helpful to gauge if the job is a renovation, expansion, or new construction.
I have been invited to view projects on other platforms such as Procore and have been required to enter a login for certain jobs. However, I can't find any where to register for the site. This may be something I've overlooked but the fact that I can't find it right away made me prefer iSqFt.