iSqFt Reviews

Tammy Gutierrez | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2020

Trustworthy solution to your bidding needs

My company uses iSqFt on a daily basis. We are constantly looking for new projects and iSqFt has those in abundance. It makes our bidding process smooth and fast. We no longer have to "hit the pavement" to search out bid opportunities, we are able to focus our attention on actually bidding the jobs, not finding jobs to bid.
  • iSqFt has the project details such as what GCs are bidding the job.
  • iSqFt has everything in one place, plans, specs, project info.
  • iSqFt is able to be customized to fit your business.
  • I dislike when building plans are loaded as just one huge file and not separated by divisions.
  • Simply the search function.
iSqFt is very helpful for both contractors and subcontractors. You are able to easily access the project information such as plans and specifications. We are a specialty subcontractor and we like that we are able to access what electricians are interested in the project so we know who to send our bids to.
Read Tammy Gutierrez's full review
February 06, 2020

iSqFt Makes Bidding a Breeze!

iSqFt is used by our estimators, project managers, and general superintendents. As an estimator, I primarily use iSqFt to view bid opportunities, as well as track open and submitted bids. It makes it simple for me to see the latest addenda and RFI responses for my current projects, and I'm able to see how we fared on projects I've already submitted.
  • Addendum Notifications
  • Project Details (Address, GC, Owner, Architect)
  • Aesthetics
  • Site Navigation
iSqFt is excellent for any subcontractor that is receiving all of its project information directly from a general contractor. General contractors constantly post project updates throughout the site and make it easy to stay up to date with any changes. It would be less appropriate for a subcontractor that may not have an assigned project yet.
Steve Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2019

Snail Slow iSqFt

I have to use iSqFt when a general contractor sends me a bid invite thru their service. I am the only one who uses it in our company. iSqFt would be a great asset to me because it gets me plans, bid invites etc.
  • It allows me access to plans and specifications on job that I been invited to bid on.
  • Also keeps track of addendums and the bid date in case they change it.
  • iSqFt has one major flaw that makes it a pain to use. I go there to get plans and specs. You think a company that sends you plans and specs would have a faster download speed, it takes forever to get the plans and specs. I usually find a way around iSqFt to get the plans and specs.
iSqFt would be a good little company, it has everything I need to do my job. The only problem is the download speed, I have high speed internet so I know it's not on my end. I use other companies that do the same as iSqFt and they don't have a problem with downloading just iSqFt.
Read Steve Cole's full review
August 16, 2018

iSqFt on the right foot

We work with consulting engineers, mechanical contractors, and general contractors on plan and specification construction projects. The general contractor posts plans and specs under the project on the website so bidders and sub contractors can avoid having to pick up paper files and also avoid sending large files through email.
  • Even with a "Limited Access" free account, you are able to see all the necessary files. When using it to just look at a job and download documents, this is all you should need. With more access you can see more projects that are out to bid but as a sales engineer for a manufacturer, I receive the bid requests from my contractors who are bidding there is no need to upgrade my access level.
  • Documents are very easy to download into a .zip file and you can pick and choose which documents you want to download for specific trades. Plus there is a specific tab for Addenda so you don't have to search through the Documents tab. The tabs also show the amount of files in each tab so you can easily stay up to date on current documents.
  • The Dashboard of each job shows the project general contractor and for subcontractors, responding to a bid request is as easy as clicking a button to indicate if you will bud or will not bid. This dashboard also shows location and the project description which are particularly helpful for a manufacturers rep/sales engineer that may not see the project description otherwise.
  • The formatting and sizing of the font can be a little clunky at times. The main tabs at the top (Home, Projects, Prequalification, Administration) are rather large while the tabs within the project (Dashboard, Details, Bidder/Packages, etc..) are a little small. For those engineers who spend all day looking at computers and have failing eyesight, this can get to be a pain since the format is also spread out while being small font. If you zoom in to read, it cuts out a lot of the other sections you'd like to see.
  • Things are only updated on the project details if they are manually entered. If the company that enters the project into the system only fills out the minimum amount of detail, some of the function of the detail tab is rendered useless. Some of these inputs include value range, number of building, number of stories, total area, etc. which is used by some subcontractors for budget purposes and internal statistics on jobs that are bidding. So what you get out of this section is all that the owner of the projects wants to put in.
  • There is a button to submit an RFQ or general question but you must be a subscriber to the software to enter a question. Otherwise it's a long process of going up the chain of command to submit. This makes it confusing for the team fielding the questions since they are coming from different chains of communication. I've had jobs where my questions were completely missed because of this.
iSqFt is great for communication project requirements, bid intents, projects and documentation changes, and follow up transmittals. Since a basic membership is free, it is a good way to distribute documents to bidders and sub bidders and not have to worry about manually sending out addenda and dealing with email file size limitations.

Plan distribution & viewing (4)
Plan markups & sharing (3)
Issue tracking & punchlists (4)
Photo documentation (3)
Jobsite reports (3)
9.7
Document sharing (4)
RFI tools (3)
Collaboration & approvals (2)
As-built drawings (3)
Mobile app (1)
Submittal design and management (2)
Takeoff tools (2)
Job costing (2)
Cost databases (1)
Cost calculator (1)
Bid creation (2)

About iSqFt

ConstructConnect retains the iSqFt brand after merging the company; the platform is ConstructConnect's bidding and digital take off platform focused on helping construction contractors and companies locate bids and earn jobs.