Reviews (1-2 of 2)
April 29, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
We are an IT company that does remote support. We currently use LANDesk for remote PC viewing, inventory, license management, reporting, and antivirus management. Everyone in my company is currently using LANDesk this way. It is able to simplify the overall management and reporting of IT assets for all of our customers.
- Remote PC Inventory
- Remote PC access (PC access)
- Offsite PC access (through LANDesk Gateway)
- The antivirus is only OK, quite a few false positives
- Support can be very hit or miss. Depends on who you get on the phone or assigned to your case.
- Software License Management is a little convoluted, but overall a good system.
Read Hyler C Cooper's full review
I think for a remote IT company, this is a great inventory and remote access program.
March 15, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We have deployed ITAM across the company, but it is mostly used by the technology division which accounts for over 1K employees. We are only using ITAM for configuration item based workflows and custom processes, and it works extremely well for those functions. Our configuration items are found by scanning tools/engines and we are using the ITAM module to wrap custom processes around them for onboarding and offboarding of assets.
- Ability to have very customized workflows and processes for configuration items
- Ability to correlate/relate assets to other assets
- Asset tracking and tie backs to purchasing, vendors, etc.
- Licensing can be complex and is fairly expensive. I did not research other ITAM solutions as we use the entire Ivanti suite to see how pricing compares, but it does seem expensive.
- Be careful when you are building you CMDB module in the Ivanti Service Desk tool, we found the hard way that create custom CI processes requires an ITAM license.
- We have submitted a few bugs and the resolution from support seems slow. I find this is common with many vendors, but was hoping for better resolution times with Ivanti.
Read this authenticated review
Ivanti ITAM suite is very robust and offers all the features you need in an ITAM solution. Out of the box, you get all you need, but you are able to customize and add processes that are missing very easily. It will work for any organization, regardless of complexity. We have the full suite of Ivanti products and there are nice integration options that make usage very seamless.
Ivanti IT Asset Management Suite Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ivanti IT Asset Management Suite
Ivanti IT Asset Management Suite (based on the former LANDesk IT Asset Management Suite) features the IT Asset offering Ivanti Asset Manager, and the Ivanti License Optimizer and Optimizer for SAP applications, which extend the Ivanti ITAM suite to provide software asset management (SAM).
Ivanti IT Asset Management Suite Technical Details