- HEAT Service Management is available on-premise and in the Cloud.
- HEAT Service Management has received certification from Pink Elephant and Serview for 13 ITIL processes,
- HEAT Service Management provides a lot of integration capabilities. It's easy to create integration links between HEAT SM and existing systems and data sources via Web Service Interfaces (SOAP, REST).
- No chatbot for Self Service available.
Ivanti Service Manager Review: "Ivanti Service Management integration with HEAT Voice? How did that work out?"
- Very good at allowing a service line to configure the product to suit its needs. This is important so as to not have to craft operations around the technology, but the other way around!
- A high level of flexibility to implement a great deal of automation. The product gives end users access to pre-defined or custom business rules and workflows as well as the ability to implement other forms of time savers!
- There is a very comprehensive Help guide for end users and administrators alike. Quite often I have found the most obscure 'How To's' in this guide rather than needing to call into support or search out information on the Ivanti site.
- There are times when various browsers and the product don't always cooperate. We have seen from time to time on-screen controls not operate as expected with certain browsers.
- Customizing controls such as forms, grids, fields, etc. is not very intuitive. Lots of research can be required to accomplish even the simplest tweak.
- Very limiting in the ability to import/export large amounts of data via the Application Administrator. The process itself of importing data via the product is not intuitive.
- Full service Service Desk Management capability.
- SQL connectivity to allow for external reporting.
- Can be customized with a programmer.
- Specified to follow ITSM Standards.
- Can provide Asset Management.
- Difficult to customize and for field validations.
- Can be a slow performer and the older version tends to crash sometimes.
- Needed more current interfaces and other features which may be in later versions.
Ivanti Service Manager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ivanti Service Manager
Ivanti offers the Ivanti Service Manager, powered by Heat. Ivanti is the company that resulted from the merger of Heat and LANDESK in January 2017.
Heat Software, formerly FrontRange offered a range of ITSM solutions and was a very well-known vendor in this space offering both SaaS and on-premise configurations, competing with BMC Remedy, IBM SmartCloud, ServiceNow, and Cherwell Service Management.
Ivanti Service Manager Competitors
Ivanti Service Manager Technical Details