iWave offers their nonprofit fundraising intelligence platform, for performing prospect research online with VeriGift, the company's donor and donation database.No frills wealth screening in a one-stop shopI use iWave in the Development department of our performing arts nonprofit organization. For the past two years we have subscribed to the 2-user license (5,000 credits) package. The tool has been invaluable for us as we assess the capacity of our current donors, ticket buyers, and personal contacts we meet in various networking or special events settings. iWave allows us to easily collect publicly available information across multiple databases. We also use the platform for Institutional Development, as the "Foundations" section of the tool allows us to research a foundation's giving history, board composition, and staff structure. This can be invaluable information when approaching a new prospective funder.,Easily compare results across multiple databases, utilizing the "360 search" capability. This is the most common type of search for us, as it provides a snapshot of everything from real estate values, stock sales, political giving, charitable giving, and board roles of each individual. Foundation search allows us to research all information about a charitable foundation, including 990s, board lists, staff lists (including contact information), and giving history, all sorted by region and field. Having access to this information on the same platform as our individual giving research makes for a much more efficient workflow, and also enables us to see the connections between individual prospects and the foundations or boars they may serve on. Bulk data processing turnaround is very quick, often a short list will be processed within an hour and even long lists of 4k or more are processed within 36 hours. The results are sortable and filterable, allowing us to efficiently handle larger amounts of data that come with big lists Customer support is prompt, friendly, and always helpful when needed. We never feel like we have to wait very long for a response, and customer support is always available by phone.,It's honestly tough to say what needs to be improved on a platform that I am a big fan of. The only time I am ever frustrated has more to do with the fact that some individuals are very adept at masking their charitable activities from public databases, and given that iWave can only show you what is publicly documented information I wouldn't consider that a liability of the product... rather it's a challenge of the field. Some areas of improvement could include more online filtering and searching of Foundation grant histories. My current workaround is to download the entire grant history as a CSV (another good feature of iWave), and use Excel to sort and filter my results.,10,Every year following our annual gala we run a list of all event attendees to learn more about their interests and giving history. This has led us to new board and/or major donor candidates. iWave helps us understand details and less-known interests of our current donors, which helps us with donor stewardship. In today's digital age, these personal details help craft relevant stewardship and communications plans with our existing supporters. With so many competing charities, these small differences can account for a supporter to choose your organization over others who aren't making that personal connecting to the donor.,,PatronManager, SurveyMonkey, Canva, MailChimp,No,Price Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,I can't imaging changing anything about the evaluation and selection process, as we are still very happy customers. As I mentioned before, the hidden gem in iWave for me is the Foundation search capability, which I use as much as the individual "360 search" engine. Responsive, friendly, and helpful customer service is also a bonus.,10,No,When I hire new staff members I can ask iWave to schedule live training. Even though this wasn't advertised as a product feature at the time, and may not even be in the contract, I have always found iWave customer support to be responsive and caring about our success as users.What in the world did I do before iWave's 360 Search?!The prospect research team uses iWave to proactively wealth screen alumni/parent/friend prospects for the University. We use it to find and confirm real estate, donations to other organizations, business information and other contact information. The 360 Search has been an invaluable resource for our team. We love iWave!,Very often we are able to find real estate and gifts to other organizations in iWave that we cannot find in other research products, or we find more recent information. This is a huge bonus when we are looking for time-sensitive information for our major gift officers. Having worked with iWave for a decade, I have seen the company continue to evolve and get better at what they do. They are constantly striving to be competitive with and even better than their peers. This proves to me they are not satisfied with maintaining the status quo like some of the other larger vendors who monopolize the market and whose data has become "flat.",The biggest piece of missing functionality has been data integration with Raiser's Edge, but iWave is working feverishly with Importacular to make that an option for users as well. I expect that process to be more user-friendly in the next year or so. I love that iWave is always adding new data sources to their 360 Search with Database USA being the newest piece. I hope the "COMING SOON" section of that data source will be populated soon.,10,iWave has had a positive impact on our ROI across the board. It is a fantastic supplement to our other products in that it often turns up real estate and gifts to other organizations not found elsewhere, or the information is more current. We are completely satisfied with our customer service and rarely if ever have any technical difficulties, which positively impacts our daily work with no down time. As iWave continues to improve their product, they guarantee our annual renewal and our referrals to other potential customers. Even though we are a Raiser's Edge client, we are getting closer to committing to iWave for a major wealth screening as they continue to improve their product and optimize their data integration capacity.,Target Analytics, WealthEngine and DonorSearch,Target Analytics, WealthEngineGreat Info at a Great Price!iWave is one of the tools utilized on a daily basis by the prospect management and research team at Norwich University. It is a valuable tool to find useful, actionable information about prospects and donors including real estate, philanthropic donations, business information, and more. I appreciate the volume of information available through iWave at a very reasonable cost. The evolving databases included in the product also keep it current and more valuable everyday.,Easy to use search capability with a quick peek at the results. A wide variety of information that is critical to helping us understand our donors and prospects. The product is constantly changing and adding additional databases that provide useful information.,Continue to identify additional resources that could be included in the product without major subscription increases.,9,It's a great tool at a great price that provides quick and efficient information.,DonorSearchiWave is an excellent wealth screening program, especially for the costI am Director of Leadership Giving at the Roman Catholic Diocese, and utilize iWave to identify and solicit major donor prospects. While some nonprofit organizations have a full-time researcher (or more than one), we are a relatively small office (six FTE professionals) and I use iWave to determine which of our current constituents have the financial capacity and more important, the affinity for our mission and then solicit gifts for such purposes as Catholic Charities and our Seminarian Education Campaign. We also have two other users in the development department. This software addresses the need to develop profiles on donors and prospective donors.,Generally accurate in bringing together financial information such as property owned, nonprofit or foundation board membership Generally accurate in predicting donor or prospect's affinity for our work (thus propensity to give) Very accurate with things like political giving -- an important predictor for giving,iWave could improve in the area of connecting business affiliations and giving. Given some of the new features -- e.g. batch screening -- it has taken me some time to get used how to export to the different screens. However, I've found their customer service to be excellent and they've helped me through some of the new features.,10,In the three or four years I have been using iWave, I've seen approximately $100,000 in new gifts from new major gift prospects - prospects that I would not have known about, or known about so quickly I believe the additions to iWave's databases have increased my efficiency as a part-time researcher and major gift solicitor,DonorSearch, WealthEngine and Target AnalyticsiWave is A Top Choice for Prospect ScreeningOur Data Services and Development departments use iWave to research donor giving capacity. iWave is instrumental in determining who should be included as our target audience for mailings as well as what amount would be appropriate to ask for donations. It also helps us get to know our donors; who they are and what causes they are passionate about.,iWave is very user friendly. It did not take long at all to figure out the most efficient way to use their website. There are many Training Webinars and a support center. Customer Support is very helpful. The credits you purchase are only used if you use a batch screening. Individual screening is unlimited. We have found that the information discovered in iWave about our donors is up-to-date and accurate. The Foundations/Charities search function is particularly helpful. You are able to see the financials, 990s, grants awarded, and the people connected to the organizations all in one place without having to search the internet.,I wish the PDF Profile Report was able to be customized. Sometimes when you PDF the report, the page breaks are not clean. When performing a 360Search, sometimes if the property is owned by a Trust, it won't show up in the properties section of 360search. I work around this by searching for the property on the Real Estate tab first to add it to my Profile. The donor will usually have all properties owned sent to one main property. I wish it had a automatic tie in to Raiser's Edge but I understand that Blackbaud has their own product ResearchPoint so I don't forsee that happening any time in the near future.,9,We have consistently been able to increase our annual donations year over year since using iWave. There was an 11% increase just between our last fiscal year and the previous fiscal year. Time spent on researching donors has decreased since all of the information needed is on one website rather than searching all over the internet for the information needed.,Raiser's Edge NXT
iWave

iWave Reviews

iWave
Filter 9 vetted iWave reviews and ratings
Dave Archuletta profile photo
August 04, 2018

iWave Review: "No frills wealth screening in a one-stop shop"

• Easily compare results across multiple databases, utilizing the "360 search" capability. This is the most common type of search for us, as it provides a snapshot of everything from real estate values, stock sales, political giving, charitable giving, and board roles of each individual.
  • Foundation search allows us to research all information about a charitable foundation, including 990s, board lists, staff lists (including contact information), and giving history, all sorted by region and field. Having access to this information on the same platform as our individual giving research makes for a much more efficient workflow, and also enables us to see the connections between individual prospects and the foundations or boars they may serve on.
  • Bulk data processing turnaround is very quick, often a short list will be processed within an hour and even long lists of 4k or more are processed within 36 hours. The results are sortable and filterable, allowing us to efficiently handle larger amounts of data that come with big lists
  • Customer support is prompt, friendly, and always helpful when needed. We never feel like we have to wait very long for a response, and customer support is always available by phone.
  • It's honestly tough to say what needs to be improved on a platform that I am a big fan of. The only time I am ever frustrated has more to do with the fact that some individuals are very adept at masking their charitable activities from public databases, and given that iWave can only show you what is publicly documented information I wouldn't consider that a liability of the product... rather it's a challenge of the field.
  • Some areas of improvement could include more online filtering and searching of Foundation grant histories. My current workaround is to download the entire grant history as a CSV (another good feature of iWave), and use Excel to sort and filter my results.
For my organization iWave is well suited to understand more about the giving capacity and history of our ticket buyers. As a performing arts nonprofit with a theater space and a large volume of ticket sales, iWave helps us identify donor prospects from the many people who purchase tickets and attend our shows. The Foundation search tool is especially useful for researching new sources of grant revenue.
Read Dave Archuletta's full review
Shannon Richardson profile photo
July 26, 2018

Review: "What in the world did I do before iWave's 360 Search?!"

• Very often we are able to find real estate and gifts to other organizations in iWave that we cannot find in other research products, or we find more recent information. This is a huge bonus when we are looking for time-sensitive information for our major gift officers.
  • Having worked with iWave for a decade, I have seen the company continue to evolve and get better at what they do. They are constantly striving to be competitive with and even better than their peers. This proves to me they are not satisfied with maintaining the status quo like some of the other larger vendors who monopolize the market and whose data has become "flat."
  • The biggest piece of missing functionality has been data integration with Raiser's Edge, but iWave is working feverishly with Importacular to make that an option for users as well. I expect that process to be more user-friendly in the next year or so.
  • I love that iWave is always adding new data sources to their 360 Search with Database USA being the newest piece. I hope the "COMING SOON" section of that data source will be populated soon.
iWave is a fantastic product for any size shop. We recently did a small screening of about 1000 records and were pleasantly surprised at how the results turned up new names we didn't realize were prospects based on the real estate values returned. The functionality of the screening has become easier and the returned results within the product has become much easier for the team to navigate. It is still a little bit cumbersome to sort through and delete gifts or real estate that do not belong to your prospect, but I have used other products that do not even give you that option! It is also really useful to have several options to be able to customize your screening.
Read Shannon Richardson's full review
Amber Countis profile photo
July 26, 2018

iWave Review: "Great Info at a Great Price!"

• Easy to use search capability with a quick peek at the results.
  • A wide variety of information that is critical to helping us understand our donors and prospects.
  • The product is constantly changing and adding additional databases that provide useful information.
  • Continue to identify additional resources that could be included in the product without major subscription increases.
I love using iWave for quick results in an easy to use and understand format, especially for non-researchers.
Read Amber Countis's full review
Armen Boyajian, CFRE profile photo
July 19, 2018

Review: "iWave is an excellent wealth screening program, especially for the cost"

• Generally accurate in bringing together financial information such as property owned, nonprofit or foundation board membership
  • Generally accurate in predicting donor or prospect's affinity for our work (thus propensity to give)
  • Very accurate with things like political giving -- an important predictor for giving
  • iWave could improve in the area of connecting business affiliations and giving.
  • Given some of the new features -- e.g. batch screening -- it has taken me some time to get used how to export to the different screens. However, I've found their customer service to be excellent and they've helped me through some of the new features.
I think that for most nonprofit organizations that cannot afford a full-time researcher, it is very reasonably priced and very effective in yielding good, actionable information on donors and prospects.
Read Armen Boyajian, CFRE's full review
July 26, 2018

Review: "iWave is A Top Choice for Prospect Screening"

• iWave is very user friendly. It did not take long at all to figure out the most efficient way to use their website. There are many Training Webinars and a support center. Customer Support is very helpful.
  • The credits you purchase are only used if you use a batch screening. Individual screening is unlimited.
  • We have found that the information discovered in iWave about our donors is up-to-date and accurate.
  • The Foundations/Charities search function is particularly helpful. You are able to see the financials, 990s, grants awarded, and the people connected to the organizations all in one place without having to search the internet.
  • I wish the PDF Profile Report was able to be customized. Sometimes when you PDF the report, the page breaks are not clean.
  • When performing a 360Search, sometimes if the property is owned by a Trust, it won't show up in the properties section of 360search. I work around this by searching for the property on the Real Estate tab first to add it to my Profile. The donor will usually have all properties owned sent to one main property.
  • I wish it had a automatic tie in to Raiser's Edge but I understand that Blackbaud has their own product ResearchPoint so I don't forsee that happening any time in the near future.
I believe iWave is well suited for batch screenings of potential donors as well as single screenings of individuals, foundations and charities. It is also well suited for determining the appropriate ask amount for a donation. I cannot really think of a scenario that would not be appropriate to use iWave.
July 19, 2018

iWave Review: "Great for Donor Screenings"

Our team uses iWave for an in-depth look at our donors as well as for doing one-off individual profiles on donors and potential donors. It is used by our fundraising team and has been extremely helpful in identifying new prospects and narrowing our priorities. It has also enabled all members of our team to do their own individual research instead of relying on one person.
  • Real-time business information on individuals and direct links to the organizations they are involved with.
  • Extensive listings of real estate holdings and values with direct links to Zillow property records.
  • Breakdowns and charts that are easy to read on where donors focus their philanthropy.
  • Links to social media would be amazing.
iWave is great for a small shop or a large shop. The large batch screening process can easily be shared among users and individual profiles that are customized to each user can be shared or remain hidden. The tools are easy to use and the turnaround time for information is quick.

About iWave