Jamf Pro Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Adam Martin profile photo
We use Jamf across all of our company, as well as other divisions within our parent company. At our company, we manage over 1400 Macs with JAMF Pro to deploy custom packages and scripts to help end-users get software automatically, as well as from a Self Service catalog, rightly named "Self Service." We can also use it to enforce security patching to keep all systems protected from vulnerabilities.
  • it's easy to set up policies and deploy software to a group of users.
  • It's great for building reports on your ecosystem for C-Level execs.
  • There's lots of customization and community to help with software patching and security patching.
  • There is still no feature for properly patching T2 chip-enabled Macs. Admins must set up custom-built scripts to get around this functionality miss.
  • I wish there were easier ways to set up templates for policies and scripts that were built in. I've had to come up with a few workarounds to accomplish this need.
  • The deferral options are rather limited. While the text is customizable, options beyond default set times are very limited.
JAMF is a must-have for any company with at least 300 Macs or greater. There are so many things that can be leveraged from JAMF's DEP enrollment process, to policy deployments and security patching. If you have a smaller Mac environment, something like Munki or DeployStudio may be better suited for your needs.
Read Adam Martin's full review
Our IT dept uses JAMF Pro to manage all Mac computers in use in our company. It is used to apply software, configure settings, lockdown areas that users shouldn't be modifying. We apply our policies this way and administer some of our software licenses. We also use it to maintain a record of our Mac inventory. Occasionally we use it for remote control purposes to fix machines, and frequently to push or remove the software from remote machines.
  • Maintain a listing of encryption keys.
  • Manage computer and user policies.
  • Push software.
  • Management console could be laid out better.
  • Improvements could be made to the remote control software.
  • More effective integration with Apple's DEP.
For large scale environments, JAMF is very effective at maintaining a company's Mac computer. I believe that it is also an effective tool for managing iPads and other Apple devices, though I don't have much experience with that side. If a company has more than 100 Macs, JAMF can make it much easier to manage the environment.

However, if your company is smaller, or doesn't use a lot of Macs, it will likely be more tool than you need.
We use Jamf across our company. At our company, we manage over 120 Macs with JAMF Pro to deploy custom packages and scripts to help end-users get software automatically. We can also use it to enforce security patching to keep all systems protected from vulnerabilities. We use to provision brand new Mac to the end-user so we can have a standardized fleet of Macs.
  • Excellent customer support.
  • Jamf Pro allows us to install the software packages quickly and efficiently without much of an issue.
  • FileVault encryption.
  • Better integration with SCCM.
  • Reports on FileVault status of encryption for percentages.
Jamf has helped keep our Mac fleet up to date with applications that our company uses, as well as security patching and package push. Reduced support ticket queue and improved provisioning of Macs to our growing fleet of Macs.
May 18, 2019

Jamf MDM

We are currently using Jamf Pro to manage our fleet of Mac devices across the group. It performs well, we are heading towards having a completely DEP workflow and Jamf makes it very easy for us to manage the fleet. The ability to work from a web interface allows us to deploy any updates and changes quickly and efficiently. Jamf has been consistently providing useful updates with excellent documentation.
  • Self service allows our users to just get the apps they need for their role.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • Speed and accuracy of check-in/deployment of changes.
  • The web interface can be frustrating at times.
An excellent suite of tools that is rarely behind Apple's feature set.
Angel Swalve profile photo
Our district uses Jamf Pro to automate device management of our district provided iOS devices and technology. This includes iPads, iMacs, and Macbook Pro's. Jamf Pro allows us to work remotely on our technology allowing us more time to get more done. Jamf Pro is the tool we use to provide technical support and software deployment for all our Apple devices.

I have been using Jamf Pro for 3 years on my campus and I also earned the Certified Casper Technician Certification over a year ago. This program allows me to use the Casper Suite products to control my iOS devices on campus. The remote screen sharing feature in Casper Remote allows me to work on a teacher or student computer from across the building. This allows me to get more done and provide my end user with quicker service. I use Jamf Pro to set configuration profiles on all the iPads on campus which allows me to monitor and control the iPads so that our "tech savy" students aren't changing all the features and doing things they should not be doing.

Jamf Pro solves our biggest problem, to many end users and not enough time for me to put my hands on each and every device. Jamf Pro allows me to provide quick and efficient service to all my end users. With a campus of 850-900 students and 115 employees, Jamf Pro has solved the way I provide troubleshooting and repairs. All Techs in our district use Jamf pro same as I do and it has changed the way we work, we love it!
  • Jamf Pro allows us to remotely install iPad apps quickly and efficiently.
  • Jamf Pro allows us to take control of our inventory by providing detailed information about every device enrolled.
  • Jamf Pro allows us to install software in mass, quickly and efficiently and doesn't let us down.
  • Jam Pro allows me to set profile configurations to keep all iPads set the same and prevent "tech savy" students from makeing changes or doing things they shouldn't be doing.
  • I would like to see being able to use Jamf Pro to install Mac Apps and desktop icons as easily as we can to an iOS device. For example, being able to add a weblink onto a iMac or MacbookPro similar to the weblinks we can add to iOS devices.
  • Jamf Pro remote will sometimes stall out if trying to connect to a lot of devices at one time if the traffic on the network is high.
  • I would like to see being able to set stricter controls on the iMacs and MAcbook Pro's that would let us "lock down" features to keep students from changing backgrounds, adding folders to the desktop, deleting shortcuts or weblinks.
Jamf Pro is well suited to maintain and support iOS devices. This product allows me to have my hands remotely on numerous devices at the same time allowing me more time to do my job even better than if I had to go physically touch each device. It is less helpful for controlling the set up of Macbook Pros and iMacs than it is for iPads.
Read Angel Swalve's full review
Mark Fitzgerald profile photo
We are using Jamf to manage our fleet of MacOS and iOS devices. This is anywhere from MDM to imaging computers. It is the SCCM of the Apple world. It helps us with inventory, software and policy enforcement, and setup consistency. It helps us do much more without having to hire additional employees.
  • Mobile device management
  • Deploys software
  • Manages and secure devices
  • The strength that we like the best is imaging. The problem is that Apple is limiting the ability for them to do that going forward.
  • It would be nice to manage all of our platforms from a single tool.
We have been very pleased with Jamf Pro and all that it can do. They perform as the market leader and really enable us to manage our Apple platform at an enterprise level. The other universities we have pulled all use Jamf as well. They are well suited for the higher education market.
Read Mark Fitzgerald's full review
Peter Barnett profile photo
We are in the beginning stages of rolling Jamf out company-wide, but are using it now with all new incoming employee orientations (30/week - every week). We use it to make Self Service available, ease of access to the internet, and hopefully soon - to integrate with Okta for authentication purposes.
The business problems that this resolves/will resolve is the inundation of support tickets for issues logging in, creating a user profile that fits our standards (naming conventions, etc.), and will allow for more accurate asset data collection.
  • Jamf Pro is reliable, stable, and easy to use if you choose to educate yourself - potentially even through JAMF Nation.
  • Data reports as to the activity and location of users. This is a strength because it rules out a number of issues that would normally require a Helpdesk tech to be on-site or directly interact with the end user.
  • Ease of package application deployment. Being able to package applications and rules for the machines is a pro we're all grateful for in contrasting the past with how we do things now.
  • The UI of Jamf Pro is easy to use if you know where to go. otherwise, the portal is confusing and congested from the settings perspective.
  • It would be nice if Jamf could provide an in-portal support window where I/we can chat with someone from Jamf support - who may even be familiar with our setup.
  • More support. Not a major presence in our IT department - where we would love Jamf to be a highlight.
Jamf Pro is well suited for situations involving mass requests for applications. Having the ability to push - really from any perspective - to end-users directly is a huge accomplishment. The ease of use for pushing protocols and the simplicity of some go-to commands make the use of Jamf something to be grateful for.
Read Peter Barnett's full review
Brett Hendricks profile photo
Jamf Pro is used across the organization. It addresses deployment, patching, software installs, and updates. It allows for fixes to be deployed quickly to users once problems have been solved. It allows us to keep track of our Mac inventories, and we are looking forward to using it to help with a possible deployment of iPads in one of our science labs.
  • The Jamf Pro JSS is great at reporting on inventory. It is easy to set up an advanced search with multiple criteria that targets hardware, software, and other markers, including organizational and meta structures (like computer groups, building, or assigned user).
  • Jamf Remote is a great tool for "do it now" tasks. Using Jamf Remote, I can do pretty much everything a policy can do (install a package, run a script, execute a command, perform an inventory, etc.), but I can do it right away just once, so I don't have to go through the process of creating a policy for a one-off. I can also use Jamf Remote to connect to a system remotely.
  • Jamf Composer makes packaging software for deployment a breeze. It can pull in files from multiple folders, you can add scripts to run pre and post install, and it's all very straightforward.
  • When using Jamf Remote, the check for the latest jamf binary and binary location often produces enough "errors" that the procedure shows as having "failed" even though it succeeded, so it is difficult to know whether a procedure that "failed" actually failed or whether it just had a time trying to figure out which binary to use.
  • In the JSS profiles, it would be great to have an option to configure a particular setting in an area (e.g., security and privacy) without also thereby configuring all the settings for that area. Something like MS group policies for settings which can be enabled, disabled, or not configured.
I think its suitability is inversely proportional to the number of systems under management and the amount of time one has to manage them.
Read Brett Hendricks's full review
Nick Newport profile photo
We use JAMF Pro to manage around 13,000 devices, a mixture of Macs and iPads. The product helps us deploy software, apps, configurations, and find devices easily. We previously used FileWave MDM and had a lot of issues before we moved to JAMF. The only reason we went with FileWave was because it was a little cheaper, but you get what you pay for. I believe JAMF Pro is the best Apple MDM on the market and worth the payment.
  • Support - We have had a dedicated tech working with us for years. This is now a service that costs more, but he knew the ins and outs of our company and was like an extension of my local coworkers. I have never had that experience with any other company.
  • Self Service - This feature works great and everyone loves it. Instead of force installing everything, we give the end users a lot of options on what they want to install.
  • Scripting - We have a lot of scripts we need to run on the Macs. JAMF makes it super simple to add your scripts and deploy them out quickly.
  • Updates - Most updates contain a serious flaw for our environment. We usually have to wait for a couple releases or a hotfix release before updating to a newer version.
  • iOS App Scaling - We have had some issues with scaling to manage the amount of iOS apps we offer in Self Service to our devices. It works fine if we do not update the apps, but we have had a lot of issues if we turn on automatic app updates which are needed for many of our apps.
  • Marking iOS Apps as 32 Bit - We have noticed a lot of our apps are not converted to 64 bit since iOS 10/11 came out. This causes a lot of issues with end users trying to install the app on a device that no longer supports it. I really wish JAMF could mark those apps as 32 bit in the interface so we can go through and get rid of them.
JAMF Pro is great for education. In a corporate environment you may give your employees a lot of freedom, but when dealing with students, that is not an option. JAMF Pro makes it a lot easier to put safeguards on the devices and lock students down from doing things they shouldn't. If you manage a few devices, you probably don't need a large MDM. If you are managing thousands of Macs or iPads, JAMF Pro is a must.
Read Nick Newport's full review
Joshua Banks profile photo
October 03, 2018

JAMFPRO!!!!!!

I use JAMFPro to support the labs and end users on our campus. I currently use JAMFPro to remotely install all of the software on 408 Apple computers, ranging from Labs to end user Faculty/Staff computers. I use this to manage software installs, policies, inventory, and remote management of the machines.

Initially, we used JAMF (formerly Casper) to use monolithic imaging of all computers on campus; however, with the changes that Apple has implemented, this would not work out any longer. I turned to JAMFPro to build out the each software title, remotely install and manage/maintain said installs, and make sure that the machines are kept up to date. JAMFPro provides a one-stop shop to make sure that I can do this from a web interface and I can wholesale push out changes/updates quickly and efficiently.

• Using Composer to build out software packages that Remote can push out quickly.
  • After building out every Adobe application available, updates came out! I was able to use Composer to push out just the changes to these apps and not have to reinstall/rebuild the whole app.
  • The policy management interface can be a bit cumbersome when you are trying to investigate the varying policies available. A simple search tool would be awesome! It may exist, I just haven't found it yet.
Whether you have 10 Macs to manage, or 408, Jamf Pro makes it easy to maintain software, policies, and accurate counts of the machines that you have. Creation of software packages, policies, and just the general always connected feature of Jamf Pro make it amazing to use to manage the computers.

I don't think I could manage all of the machines that we have without it!
Read Joshua Banks's full review
Gur Duvilanski profile photo
We use JAMF Pro at the Weizmann Institute of Science, to mange our Macs in the institute. Every Mac comes preinstalled with JAMF, and the user gets a full set of apps and setting on their Mac straight out of the box.
Another strong feature is the Self Service, which empowers the users to get their preferred app by themselves. We provide a set of commonly used apps, and suggest the to users via our branded Self Service app, and the users can decide when and what to install.
  • Self Service - The highlight of our service to the users - this is what users see and experience directly from JAMF.
  • Inventory - We can easily locate computer date, and link it to the user for further support on any issue.
  • Policies & Scoping - we can deliver policies for setting and apps, and scope them to their desired groups and users.
  • Patch Management - I would like to see a complete solution, with all the setting already in place, without the need for external software.
  • On Premise administrating - we use an on premise setting, and maintaining is for really advanced admins.
JAMF Pro gives you all the basic tools to manage Macs, and if you wish, also very advanced and strong tools.
If you manage a large amount of Macs, you need a tool like JAMF Pro, to even start managing them.
Read Gur Duvilanski's full review
Rollan Ibanez profile photo
Jamf Pro is currently used in our organization as the Mobile Device Management tool that handles all of our Mac administrative needs. It provides a Self-Service portal that has a similar look and feel to what the Apple App Store has. And we are able to manage and provide version control for patches that are available for the apps that we support. It is currently being used by all departments, across the entire organization. For our use-case scenario, it addresses an end-point management system that we were lacking in both the Windows and Mac environments. To this day, our Mac management tool is the only tool being used to manage our Mac devices.
  • Jamf Pro provides the users with a customizable experience in their Self-Service portal. The new Jamf Pro 10 self-service portal now looks like the Apple App store with the ability to use a customized banner which represents our Organization.
  • Jamf Pro provides easy to use tools for end-point management of Mac devices. I have not gone through formal Jamf training yet, but was trained by our engineer who went through the training. I was able to learn and execute all that I know with informal training.
  • Jamf Pro continues to strive on great customer service for their clients. We had an issue with our upgrade that was resolved very quickly.
  • Jamf Pro could provide more apps that they are currently supporting within the Patch management function of the MDM.
  • Jamf Pro could add more functionality to how you are able to provide scopes. I would like it to allow more granular rules.
  • Jamf Pro can improve upon more free training courses for those just starting in the platform.
Jamf Pro is best suited for management of a larger number of Mac devices. I would not recommend this MDM for smaller scale companies.
Read Rollan Ibanez's full review
Wesley Applequist profile photo
Jamf Pro is used across our entire fleet of MacOS and iOS devices. Installing apps, configuring computers, implementing policy changes, providing access to network resources. Jamf has been a tremendous help for us, and has allowed us to automate a number of processes. We still have more to learn and more to implement, but I am proud to say our philosophy is if we can do it with Jamf, we do it (or we learn how).
  • MacOS Configuration - Used in combination with DEP, we can fairly easily automate the setup of computers for staff and students. The ability to install PKGs and run scripts has been a tremendous benefit. Also, the inclusion of other tasks, such as Directory Bindings has been a huge relief on technical staff's workload.
  • MDM - Configuration Profiles have also similarly eased our workload. We went from dropping PLISTs and building images with DeployStudio, to being able to much more easily and flexibly enforce system settings.
  • Inventory - I came into the department a few years after Jamf was implemented, but I cannot imagine how we would accomplish inventory management tasks without it. It provides us a one-stop shop to keep track of storage and production computers, as well as software management.
  • MacOS Configuration - A lot of what we are doing feels homespun for DEP-enrolled computers, and many of Jamf's resources are lacking in detail as to what they would recommend. They say "Use DEP...", but not "Here's how we use DEP..."
  • Resources - Much like above, Jamf's GitHub seems a little outdated. They are doing tremendous things everyday, I can tell, but they have not been as forthcoming with what they are doing. I would love to see more use of the API (or really anything).
  • iOS Management - The inability to have iOS apps automatically update their version numbers is maddening. Our catalog is bigger than it needs to be, but it would still be quite the task to manually update the version number every time a new release drops.
With the changes I have seen from MacOS and iOS over the last few years, I would recommend Jamf to almost organization with a sizable Apple presence. Even if Jamf Pro is a bit much, some of their other offerings (Jamf Now and Jamf Now Plus) provide a lot of management capabilities that are quite frankly necessary to manage devices these days.
Read Wesley Applequist's full review
Robert Lessinger profile photo
Jamf Pro is significantly helping St. Cloud State University improve our security compliance as well as improve the our users' experience.
  • FileVault Encryption ease of use and compliance reporting.
  • Self Service makes software installation VERY easy for our users.
  • "System health" reporting helps IT maintain and patch users' systems, often before they reach out to our help desk.
  • We need better system name management, especially with enrollment profiles.
  • Better patch management for sys-admins so that updating software versions does not require constant uploading of software packages.
  • Health or status reports for users (oriented towards their needs).
Jamf Pro does struggle with patch management. While it is capable, Munki performs better.
Read Robert Lessinger's full review
Jay Chen profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review of JAMF

We started using Jamf (ex Casper) when I started as a Classroom Administrator managing Lab/Cluster machines at Brandeis. At first we just used Imaging. Overtime, we switched to the full suite and started managing all campus machines as well. Not only did it help us image machines deployed to labs, staff and faculty, we finally have an inventory system tied to our users and we are able to specify departments and other asset info. In imaging, layered package structure allowed us to update specific packages individually, instead of rebuilding everything. Recently, touch deployment had made our work more seamlessly operating with Apple DEP. About a year ago, we switched to Jamf Cloud, which is another great decision made. Since then we relied on Jamf to update JSS and have 99% uptime except for maintenance. I highly recommend Jamf.
  • Configuration profile management - Working with Apple Push allowing more direct management.
  • Imaging - there is no other tools like Jamf imaging to be able to prep and image a mass amount of machines at once.
  • Composer - Made package building easy and allows a great deal of customization.
  • Recon - remote enrollment doesn't seem to always work, can improve.
  • Jamf Admin - I think the layout is getting a little outdated, maybe room for improvement?
Works well managing FileVault2 and WiFi.
Read Jay Chen's full review
Peter Gawlocki profile photo
November 01, 2018

Jamf is Awesome.

We use Jamf Pro to manage all our Macs. The combination of Jamf and DEP makes provisioning much easier. We also regularly audit the endpoints for software compliance, security settings, and configurations. We employ a number of configuration profiles to be assured of correct/preferred settings. Jamf Pro is a wonderful tool for pulling specified reports.
  • Deploy configuration profiles to assure correct settings.
  • Execute a number of extension attributes to audit very specific settings and conditions.
  • Regular status reporting on policy progress.
  • There are a couple interface changes that would improve data visibility.
  • Enforcing consistency across all views would improve the product. (i.e. some list views have a checkbox where multiple items can be selected before leaving the screen--other views have an "add" button for an item which requires you to go back in to select another item.
Jamf Pro is a must in any organization where they want to actively manage their Macs. If the company doesn't assign an appropriate amount of resources to "managing the Jamf platform" then they will end up with a tool that reports the condition of their computers as they fall behind on compliance.
Read Peter Gawlocki's full review
Lenny Vaknine profile photo
It is being used to manage some of our Mac users. It is being deployed to certain teams. It addresses the challenges of managing a Mac infrastructure.
  • Allow nearly full automation from shrink wrapped Mac to managed device for seamless end user experience
  • Allows different configurations and apps for different users
  • Allows transparency and inventory collection to see how your overall management state is.
  • Await config
  • Remote jumpstart could use some love, having experienced a real jumpstart and the remote option there are many inconsistencies
  • Open source more things
If you are serious about remote management and have 40 or more users, it is definitely the way to go. No other provider currently offers a full management suite in the way that Jamf does. From configuration management to software deployments, and support, they do a great job.
Read Lenny Vaknine's full review
Thom Martin profile photo
We've just started using Jamf Pro in one department within our college to manage 100 Macs located in ten labs, classrooms, and conference rooms. It provides a consistent user experience for approximately 400 users across all 100 machines. It is replacing our former cocktail of DeployStudio, WorkGroup Manager, and Munki which... mostly worked. Mostly. Jamf is proving to be a much more stable solution for us, and it's so much better to have all that management centralized into one product.
  • Manages printers much more conveniently and cleanly.
  • Streamlines our annual wipe/refresh process for our labs and classroom.
  • Makes it super easy to deploy settings and configurations to our clients.
  • The Dock management has a lot of room for improvement.
Right now we're using Jamf Pro in a many-to-one user-to-device setting, and it is doing very well for us in this environment. That said, there are a number of features which aren't appropriate for this situation. Though when we look at expanding our Jamf Pro service throughout our college down the road we'll have a lot of one-to-one user-to-device settings, and we'll be able to even further leverage all the functionality Jamf Pro offers.
Read Thom Martin's full review
Joseph Currin, MBA profile photo
Jamf Pro is deployed to our entire company. We use Jamf Pro to facilitate updates, install new software, track our inventory, and ensure our computers are secure.
  • Managing macOS
  • Managing iOS
  • Reliability with Jamf Cloud
  • Improvements in Configuration Profiles
  • Cost. They know they are the best tool out there and charge accordingly...This bill ticks me off every year but Jamf Pro is the heroine of MDMs...
Jamf Pro is a requirement if you manage iOS and/or macOS. Any other MDM is inferior.
Read Joseph Currin, MBA's full review
Jesse Sandstrom profile photo
October 04, 2018

Jamf - The Magical MDM

Jamf Pro is our holy grail solution to what would be a world of chaos in managing Macs in an enterprise setting. Over the last 3 years, I've seen the software take a wild beast and tame it into something we can do business intelligence, security management and enforcement, and asset management. Without it we would be dead in the water. It is currently being used to deploy 3000+ devices in 6+ countries, and seamlessly being managed by a team of 3. DEP deployments with Jamf Zero Touch has taken a huge load off our technicians and saved them countless hours. Our end users think it's witchcraft!
  • With Jamf, we can automate policies and configurations. It takes the extra work out of monolithic imaging, as well as on the fly security and company policy management. Endpoint management is a breeze!
  • As fore-mentioned, Jamf Zero Touch DEP imaging makes our lives at work so much easier. By making the process automated right out of the box, it creates a uniform and seamless process for our newly imaged devices. Our new employees think we are using technology from the future! (Because we are!)
  • Security is a huge concerns for any business. With Jamf Pro, we can take the worry of letting end users roam completely free, and give them the tools, plus automated and enforced guidelines to make sure the company, their family, and they themselves stay safe. At home, or at work. No matter where they are! Without them knowing, it allows them to work seamlessly, and be limitless.
  • Some features of Jamf Pro sometimes become defective if Apple changes something. Example being password changes aren't as easy to enforce with FileVault 2 enabled. Apple will reinvent the wheel, and not tell anyone until it's completely reactionary to solve the problem. Not entirely Jamf's fault, but more testing and public awareness would make this easier to work with.
  • More broadcasted and advertised training. I want to learn more, but don't think about self improvement with Jamf. Help me!
Jamf Pro would work well for any business that has a dedicated IT team that can focus on automation, security, and end user experience. Sometimes comparing Jamf Pro and Jamf Now can be hard. But if you are a business that has 400+ users, and half of them use Macs, it should be a no brainer after a bit of research!
Read Jesse Sandstrom's full review
Ashley Smith profile photo
October 04, 2018

Jamf Happy

We utilize Jamf Pro to maintain inventory and deploy software to Mac computers. We also utilize the DEP process with JAMF pro to provision Mac computers for new users. The JAMF backend is only accessible to our IT staff, but JAMF's Self Service and MDM features are used on all Macs across the company.
  • Inventory Management - JAMF Pro grabs the data from your laptops automatically and stores it all in an easy to navigate system.
  • Software deployment - Using JAMF Pro, you can deploy software, settings and more (printers?) to laptops en masse, with easy views of which machines have and have not received a deployment
  • Provisioning Laptops - Imaging is Dead, as most Mac admins are aware. MDM is needed to move forward, and JAMF applies it in a simple way so that you can set up provisioning workflows that kick off during the OS installation process.
  • Jamf could use some additional monitoring capabilities. Extension attributes can be used for almost anything, so perhaps a library of common extension attributes would be appropriate
  • Some of the logging regarding software deployment is vague, which can make it hard to determine what is causing the deployment to fail. More verbose logging would be great.
  • More documentation for the JAMF API would be helpful for Mac Admins to be able to utilize it when building packages and writing scripts.
Jamf Pro is well suited for admins who do not prefer to do a lot of manual work in setting up an MDM system for their Mac environment. Jamf Pro manages inventory and software deployment very well, and in an interface that is easy for admins to navigate.
Read Ashley Smith's full review
Rick Goody profile photo
We provide and set up Jamf Pro for many primary school institutions in Western Australia. As well as helping senior schools and businesses with additional support with their more complex JAMF deployments.

Where Jamf Pro really comes into its own is that while it can handle the large enterprise deployments. it's just as capable at handling the primary school end and small business. It is adaptable to fit any deployment size. Schools are sometimes in a unique position to be able to implement technology sooner than large businesses as they have every changing user base which constantly needs to be updated, as well as implementing new solutions on a yearly basis. Having Jamf Pro in place enables them to do this knowing that they have support for the latest and greatest new features when they need them.
  • Constant updates to ensure that new features are implemented when they come to market or get released by Apple.
  • Focused on only Apple. This really is big feature, while others are trying to keep up to date on multiple platforms and get just some things to work. Jamf Pro focus on the Apple platform and do a great job.
  • Support and the community. Having access to 24/7 support from around the globe is so important to us. Most of the companies we looked at can only provide support on their time zone or via chat. JAMF has support where ever you are and all the staff are Mac users, so no call centre staff.
  • I would love to see some more focus on some of the education sides of the MDM protocol or further integration to give added functionality to teachers and parents.
  • It's always good to see a road map of features and functionality. While we know Apple does not give us much of this it would be nice to see an outline of available MDM spec functions and if/when they will be added.
I have to say we have not found a scenario where JAMF is not a good fit. We have this running for businesses with 5 employees all the way through to large schools with 3000 users. Providing a business or school is using Apple then Jamf Pro is a good fit.
Read Rick Goody's full review
David Minnema profile photo
We are currently using Jamf Pro for our 1:1 MacBook program to lock student devices down and get software out in a secure and efficient way. It is also used to manage all our staff computers and get those devices setup in a consistent way. Jamf Pro is used on ~2300 computers and ~300 iPads. It allows for us to be a small team and yet support such a large and diverse use case of people.
  • Self Service - Such a great tool to get software out to users without having to force it on them. This changed our game on printers. Now staff and students can get the exact printer they need instead of having too many to count.
  • Policy - We appreciate how easy it is to get a piece of software out to a specific group and know that when it's in a policy and scoped it will get on that device.
  • Customer Service - I appreciate the friendly help and quick response time from the customer service team. They are always so kind and willing to help.
  • iOS Management - I wish the management and configuration profiles were a little more straight forward. I have to search for quite a while to find exactly what I need.
  • Patch Management - Not as intuitive as I would like and has a mind of it's own. I have transitioned back to my old patch management process.
Jamf Pro is great for educational institutions allowing us to configure devices in all kinds of different ways. Jamf Pro has made my job 10 times more efficient than I was previously.
Read David Minnema's full review
Sebastian Petersson profile photo
October 03, 2018

Great MDM

We are using Jamf Pro across the organization for all Mac users. It allows us to manage the computers in a great way while still giving the end users a good, empowered, experience. Self Service is a great tool for both end users and local it technicians. We can let end users run reinstalls and download new applications and technicians can get access to more advanced functionality.
  • Self-Service
  • Easy deployment
  • Day 0 support
  • Update management
Great for big enterprise. Perhaps a bit expensive for small companies
Read Sebastian Petersson's full review
Rafe Moody profile photo
In our environment, Jamf is being used to manage our entire enterprise Mac infrastructure. Jamf handles all our deployments, manages existing computers and, provides remote assistance for Macs in our fleet. Jamf provides a great platform upon which we can offer our customers truly excellent service and the self-service app empowers them to take the initiative and help resolve some of their own IT issues.
  • Jamf provides an excellent platform for provisioning. We no longer have to image our machines, we can just layer in applications and settings as needed.
  • The Jamf agent far exceeds the capabilities of other MDMs. With it, we can run scripts remotely and provide advanced solutions to problems.
  • Jamf is wonderful for helping avoid fragmentation of versions among our software catalog. The Patch Management aspect allows us to make sure all our customers are always up to date on their software.
  • One aspect I would like to see improved is the frequency with which they implement feature requests submitted by the community.
Jamf is great for managing provisioning and managing Macs in the enterprise. I haven't found a solution which provides as much functionality, zero day support for Apple products or ease of use for managing Macs.

Jamf is great for pushing software and settings to our customers and allows me to both push needed updates and to allow the customer to chose when they will install software and updates, through self-service.
Read Rafe Moody's full review

About Jamf Pro

Jamf Pro (formerly Casper Suite) is designed to automate device management for users while driving end-user productivity and creativity. According to the vendor, it is the EMM tool that delights IT pros and the users they support by delivering on the promise of unified endpoint management for Apple devices.

Jamf Pro Features

Has featureEnterprise App Store
Has featurePatch Management

Jamf Pro Screenshots

Jamf Pro Integrations

ServiceNow, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Apple School Manager, Apple Volume Purchase Program, Apple Device Enrollment Program, Cisco Identity Services Engine

Jamf Pro Competitors

$3.33 per month per iOS device $6.25 per month per Mac Education and volume discounts available. Onboarding 3-Day for Mac + iOS: $7,500 2-Day for Mac only: $6,000 4hr Remote for iOS only: $750 Billed Annually

Jamf Pro Support Options