Reviews (1-7 of 7)
- Integration with Excel (Import from Excel, Export to Excel, Excel Add-in etc.)
- Rapid Time-To-Market because of flexible and effective excel-like development environment (surpassing other vendors by far) -> one can develop a fully functioning application in weeks if a good concept is ready.
- You can install and run Jedox on your server in literally less than 1 hour (hands down, no competition!)
- Powerful ETL (extract, transform, load data) incl. UI for developer
- Auditing out-of-the-box (see who changed what & when)
- Supervision Server (create own custom silent processes behind the scenes)
- Use PHP to develop own custom functions, if required (comparable to VBA in excel)
- Automated routines (e.g. "Backup database daily" or "Send a PDF of this report to a group of persons" etc.)
- Using the Excel add-in means that our team was almost instantly productive, being able to use a familiar interface to present and manipulate data.
- Allows us to quickly do analysis and comparison of current and historic data.
- Really good to produce meaningful management reporting that can be adapted responsively to business requirements.
- Implementing Jedox in our budget cycle dramatically reduced the time and complexity of the process, while making it more transparent.
- integration into Excel
- Strong Security down to cell level
- Mobile device support
- Self Service BI. With its familiar front end - both the Excel add-in and its web based spreadsheet portal - it is easy for new users to be up and running very quickly, writing reports and answering questions of their data.
- Budgeting and Planning. At the core to Jedox is its In-Memory OLAP database that can be written to. The Excel like front end is then able to write back to this central database to take advantage of the ease of use of a spreadsheet system, but combine the power of a central database application.
- Modelling. Jedox has very powerful but easy to use tools to model any business requirement, from simple KPI calculations, through inter- and intra- business unit cost allocations to complex Activity Based Costing and Budgeting.
- Data Integration. Jedox has a a powerful and easy to use ETL for both reading from and writing to databases, ERP's, Salesforce and Qlikview applications, for example.
It is therefore not as easy to apply it on an enterprise-wide deployment from a "Big Bang" perspective. But very few tools / projects ever meet this goal.
- By now everybody has business intelligence, a logical starting point. However, traditional BI tools do not allow for write back functionality. Sharing expectations among each other in terms of budgets, forecasts, planning and associated comments including workflow and audit trail is not facilitated in BI tools. Jedox offers both BI functionality and such performance management functionality in one integrated platform.
- It is easy. For many reasons. At the end of the day the proof of the pudding is in the eating. After an initial implementation and some training many of our Jedox customers have started to build their own BI and EPM applications. Be it reporting, dashboards or more complicated applications like cost allocations. Of course one has to keep in mind that this is all relative. Some solutions require a very high technical and business know-how & experience but compared to other tools Jedox is definitely easy.
- It is fast. To implement but also in terms of (query) performance.
- Quality/ price ratio is excellent.
- Write-back to the data repository
- BI combined with CPM functionalities
- License Pricing
- Easy to deploy through web interface
- Highly integrated in Excel, very familiar platform for end users
- very short implementation at reasonable cost
Jedox Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Jedox is a Business Intelligence and Corporate Performance Management solution. According to the vendor, their solution’s unified planning, analysis and reporting empowers decision makers from finance, sales, purchasing and marketing. Additionally, the vendor says this solution helps business users work smarter, streamline business collaboration, and make insight-based decisions with confidence. The vendor also says 1,900 organizations in 127 countries are using Jedox for real-time planning on the web, the cloud, and on any device.
The vendor’s value proposition is that Jedox empowers users to analyze historical data for meaningful insight, and to plan and forecast intelligently. In addition, the vendor says the powerful and intuitive write-back means users can streamline any business process, in any department, where they capture, calculate and present data.
Jedox Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Jedox Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|