Formerly Shippable

JFrog Pipelines

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of JFrog Pipelines, and make your voice heard!

What is JFrog Pipelines?

JFrog Pipelines (formerly Shippable, acquired by JFrog Feb 2019) is a build automation tool designed to provide simple continuous delivery.

1 person want pricing too

What is Liquibase?

Liquibase is a database schema change automation tool that helps teams release software faster and safer by bringing the database change process into existing CI/CD automation. According to the 2021 Accelerate State of DevOps Report, elite performers are 3.4 times more likely to incorporate database…

What is Codemagic?

Codemagic is a developer's CI/CD tool for mobile app projects. Build Android, iOS, React Native, Ionic, Unity, and Flutter projects on Codemagic.Codemagic uses its own CLI tools under the hood to perform complicated tasks like code signing and distribution to the stores. These are open-sourced and…

Product Demos

JFrog Pipelines Technical Details

January 18, 2017

Fast, simple, powerful

Bhargav Nanekalva | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a sole Engineer and Developer for the project so it is important for me to have system that let's me automatically deploy code as soon as I test and push code to BitBucket. This was easily solved with Shippable CI where it automates the build and deploy process for me.
  • I like the build speed as it is based on Docker and speed saves you time to test and deploy your apps
  • Shippable uses a superset syntax for TravisCI and hence your TravisCI build config will work and you use the extra bits shippable build features
  • Webhooks integration with BitBucket for reporting build status which posted by BitBucket to Slack.
  • Sometimes builds hang-on at node provisioning step and it generally takes a long time to complete this step.
  • There were intermittent service downtimes.
  • Shippable used to have frequent issues with authentication and used to keep me away from logging in and this happened several times but their support team resolves most of the issues promptly.
I was previously using CodeShip CI and configuration is completely done on their web dashboard via GUI which is a downer since if I need to make any changes to my CI infrastructure I need to visit their website and make changes. On the other hand Shippable makes this super easy by letting us keep a Shippable configuration file in root of the project.

I use Docker for my deployments and this let's me configure and control the server however I want. Shippable stands between my codebase and server making the deployments look really simple.