IT Issues Goodbye!

July 16, 2021
Jira Service Desk is leveraged by my company for IT ticketing purposes. Jira Service Desk makes it very easy to submit a ticket to IT and …

Jira

March 16, 2020
We use Jira to track incidents and service desk tickets. We also use it for an inventory database.

• Organize and prioritize service tickets (79)
    9.2
  • Service-level management (72)
  • Change requests repository (68)
  • Self-service tools (73)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk), and make your voice heard!

Free

per agent/per month

Premium

$40

per agent/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.atlassian.com/software/jira…

Incident and problem management

ITSM asset management

10.0

Change management

What is Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk)?

Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk, now including features from the former Mindville Insight, acquired by Atlassian in June 2020) is a service desk software that is purpose-built for IT, service, and support teams. The software provides everything IT and support teams need out-of-the-box for service request, incident, problem and change management. Jira Service Management integrates seamlessly with Jira Software so that IT and development teams can work better together. Users can connect service desk tickets to Jira Software issues and get to the root cause of problems before they escalate.

Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk) Features

• Supported: SLA's
  • Supported: CSAT reporting
  • Supported: Asset management integration

Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk) Screenshots

Screenshot of Drive IT best practices with ITIL-ready templates. Get everything your IT teams need out of the box for service request, incident, problem, and change management.Screenshot of Get an ITIL certified service desk. Everything your IT teams need out-of-the-box for service request, incident, problem, and change management. Jira Service Desk is PinkVERIFY™ certified.Screenshot of Deliver a better service experience. Customers or employees can submit requests with an easy-to-use help center and add Confluence to Jira Service Desk to get an integrated knowledge base. Machine learning intelligently recommends the right service and learns from every interaction, so answers are easy to find.Screenshot of Stay in the loop with developers. y linking Jira Service Desk with Jira Software, IT and developer teams can collaborate on one platform to fix incidents faster and push changes with confidence.Screenshot of Deliver on SLA's. Nail your Service Level Agreements, every time. Your agents get a simple queue so they get the important things done first. Configure and get going in minutes.Screenshot of Automate those repetitive tasks. Is your team stuck in gear with repetitive tasks or missing priority requests? Setup automations so your agents can focus on solving the important stuff and help lighten the workload.Screenshot of Gain complete control over your assets. Connect your favorite asset management tool to reference, track, and tie requests with assets directly from Jira Service Desk. Provide end-to-end service with just a few clicks.

Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk) Competitors

Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk) Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Korean, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Icelandic, Romanian, Slovak, Swedish, Vietnamese

ServiceNow IT Service Management, Cherwell Service Management, and Freshdesk are common alternatives for Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk).

Reviewers rate Organize and prioritize service tickets highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk) are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

I gave JIRA a 9 rating since for me JIRA works according to its purpose. Since there is a customer portal, our clients can leave a comment or communicate with us using the PR ticket that way it is easier for us to also request any additional information we need for our investigation.
I have not used the technical support from Atlassian. In terms of online help and resources, they are a bit limited thus making it more of a challenge to troubleshoot issues and learn more functionality. There aren't a lot of resources available on the Atlassian site besides developer documents. It would be nice to have a blog or forum where users can get the help they need.
Glenn Burnside | TrustRadius Reviewer
Atlassian support is pretty thin and transactional - when we have issues, we know we're just putting our issue in the hopper and hoping it gets looked at. Most support seems to happen in another time zone, so it's typical for us to log an issue with their support team and not hear back until somewhere in the middle of the night.
  • Excellent collaboration tool, incident, and problem management, all essential features well included
  • Nice enhancement for IT development integration in the form of a link to Confluence
  • Great tool for service level management, provides comprehensive service level requirements / SLA fulfillment overview, helps managers to keep a clear overview of priorities
  • Very good automation and integration features
Meenakshi Kartheek | TrustRadius Reviewer
There was not much interaction with the JIRA Service Desk support since most of us knew our way through it. But we did interact on the pricing aspects and also regarding access to users. We have our own internal JIRA support group that adds users with certain accesses when we send them an email.
Irina Danilova | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had some problems with Jira Service Desk - especially during the high volume of tickets and correspondence - and the support team was always there to help most professionally and effectively. The issue report I simple, and the turnaround is pretty quick.
December 17, 2019

Jira Service Desk Review

Rob Domenico | TrustRadius Reviewer
Just on ease of setup and how reliable once licensed and setup, the product works quite well. If it's the help report systems it HAS to be up and online. Support is something we purchase along with the license renewal, but luckily I have not had to use it much once up and going.
Matthew Andrien | TrustRadius Reviewer
I really like working to implement this tool for the end users because I have been in the situation where I too have had issues and had no way of knowing the turn-around time, but with this tool the user can easily report their issue, provide as much detail as possible, and have it fixed in a timely manner.
The support of a subscription is excellent, but not that of the community, much less when it comes to new features. When it comes to Atlassian, it is important to have on-site accompaniment, since the experience of using the products begins to be positive after a duly accompanied induction.
December 13, 2019

Jira in our workplace

Elman Martinez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Because it is a great tool and is also easy to use once you have mastered it. You can keep track of your projects and reports in an easy way. The interface is clean. However, sometimes the tool can work slow if there is a high volume of tickets in the queue. This is the reason why it has to be continually worked on.
December 12, 2019

PM like a boss

We have never had any issues with them. Most of the help you need you will be able to find online, but the few times we needed to contact their support team they were helpful, quick to answer and very competent with extensive knowledge about their product. I recommend them.
When we have had issues and need assistance, we have received the help we needed. There have been a couple of times I felt the person I talked to knew less then myself which was a little frustrating since they should be the expert. But, in the end, issues were escalated when need and issues were resolved in a timely fashion. JIRA also has great online support to help with issues. Most of the time I find I can resolve an issue without even having to contact support.
I have only engaged JIRA customer support one time. The agent listened to my problem and I received a call back with one of their support engineers in less than an hour. They were able to link me to a document in a knowledge base that solved my problem but made sure to walk through the issue with me until it was fixed.
I think overall it is a good product, albeit not the most intuitive and easy to use. Once set up I think it provides good value and good benefits but companies like Zendesk do the same thing but are more intuitive and user-friendly overall. Good solution for a startup especially with a tech-heavy focus.