Jitterbit is a cloud integration technology for cloud, social or mobile apps.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/sU/q2/X39XVZAP5KKI.PNGJitterbit for Data LoadingWe are using Jitterbit to import external data sources into Salesforce. We also use it to move data from one Salesforce org to another. This has helped create a more streamlined data integration process. It has also allowed us to set up transformations within our data sources. Another use instance is picking up files from our sftp site to prevent manual intervention.,Data Transformation - updating multiple sources to use our data dictionary Picking up files from our sftp site - removes manual intervention Move data from one org to another through Salesforce,It was difficult to figure out how to export file sources We have to pay per integration site so that can be costly if we are using it for multiple sources Some of the icons are difficult to determine their functionality,9,None to report,Callidus Connect, Conga ComposerGreat program that is easy to use and free for data integrations with SalesforceWe use Jitterbit to integrate data between our payroll system, HR Pyramid/PRISM HR, and Salesforce to maintain contact records, accounts records, prospect records, and a few custom objects like benefit records. This is currently a one-way feed into Salesforce, but we are investigating using it to transfer data out from Salesforce to third-party insurance carriers, vendors, and our payroll system. It was originally set up by a consulting firm that helped stand up Salesforce. The UI is extremely user-friendly so that when we need to modify field mappings I can go in as a superuser/admin and confidently make the changes. This is a great program since it's free and has a fairly low learning curve. I'd recommend it for small to medium-sized companies that have limited resources and budget restrictions.,UI is super easy to understand with a low learning curve so admins can figure it out and maintain it without breaking anything. It's FREE! There's a paid version too but I like that you can use most of the features for free and they're not pushy with buying. There's a great user community that you can google and ask any questions. Most problems I've encountered have been posted and answered already.,It's not very easy to create backups of your field mappings so if you break something you can't just "rewind" the clock and unbreak it. The paid version offers a backup feature but even that is not super user-friendly. Larger companies probably don't have much use for this. I'm at a much larger company now and we handle such system integrations with more advanced tools. Sometimes we've had downtime from Jitterbit just due to the nature that it has to be hosted on a remote server. Our server was aging and had down times which affected Jitterbit.,9,Simple, free solution to get data from external systems into Salesforce Reduce extraneous data entry. Users can use a single system to access data rather than referencing multiple data sources. Data integrity,Salesforce Service CloudJitterbit from Manual to AutomaticIt is being used by out Engineering department to push data from Fusion Life Cycle to Netsuite.,Automating the push of data has been a Godsend -- We were doing this entire process manually Adding or making a edit has been a fairly easy process The time it has saved us allowed us to not hire another person,Would be nice to see more examples how to do some things -- Would like to see how to go from Netsuite Data base to Excel.,8,We are still reviewing how it works, so its too early to fully answer this.,NetSuite, Fusion 360, JIRA SoftwareGreat solution for salesforce adminWe use it for salesforce [administration] to try and import/update/amend data en mass.,Viewing data mappings Having lists of historic maps Getting granular in the way you update records,It can't handle some characters like : ; ) etc., in the field name which is really annoying as you don't realise it until you try to run the load. Sometimes the process can be flaky and just not work for any good reason but that is rare.,8,It speeds up and makes salesforce [admininstration] more accurate,Dataloader.io,Salesforce.comJitterbit Free is a simple import/export toolThe two primary managers and one intern for our CRM use Jitterbit to import and export data. We are using the free version at the moment, but exploring the use of the full enterprise version as an ELT tool.,Simple imports Mass exports,Importing a subset of records for testing. For example allowing the import of only the first 5 rows of the file.,8,This tool is much more useful than data loader and saves me time. I generally now only use it when I am having trouble launching DemandTools and PeopleImport. I find those tools more useful for my purposes.,DemandTools and PeopleImport,DemandTools
Jitterbit

Jitterbit Reviews

Jitterbit
Filter 27 vetted Jitterbit reviews and ratings
Wendy Hamstra-Smith profile photo
August 08, 2018

User Review: "Jitterbit for Data Loading"

• Data Transformation - updating multiple sources to use our data dictionary
  • Picking up files from our sftp site - removes manual intervention
  • Move data from one org to another through Salesforce
  • It was difficult to figure out how to export file sources
  • We have to pay per integration site so that can be costly if we are using it for multiple sources
  • Some of the icons are difficult to determine their functionality
Loading multiple sources, transforming data, moving date from one org to another. We also receive a non profit discount as a university which helps make the tool affordable for us. We are exploring it to move data from our customer relationship management system to our student information system or system of record.
Read Wendy Hamstra-Smith's full review
August 21, 2018

Jitterbit Review: "Great program that is easy to use and free for data integrations with Salesforce"

• UI is super easy to understand with a low learning curve so admins can figure it out and maintain it without breaking anything.
  • It's FREE! There's a paid version too but I like that you can use most of the features for free and they're not pushy with buying.
  • There's a great user community that you can google and ask any questions. Most problems I've encountered have been posted and answered already.
  • It's not very easy to create backups of your field mappings so if you break something you can't just "rewind" the clock and unbreak it. The paid version offers a backup feature but even that is not super user-friendly.
  • Larger companies probably don't have much use for this. I'm at a much larger company now and we handle such system integrations with more advanced tools.
  • Sometimes we've had downtime from Jitterbit just due to the nature that it has to be hosted on a remote server. Our server was aging and had down times which affected Jitterbit.
Small to medium sized companies are great prospects for this product. It's pretty easy to set up, learn and maintain. You can scale it too, so start with an easy integration, learn the ropes and expand your usage. If you have fairly simply needs for a handful of fields and just one or two external systems to feed into Salesforce, this is the go-to product.

If you're a larger company needing more complex integrations where extremely high reliability is needed and any downtime means revenue loss, you probably already have a different product in mind. Then again, you probably have an entire team that handles integrations and a data warehouse to support it!
September 15, 2017

User Review: "Jitterbit from Manual to Automatic"

It is being used by out Engineering department to push data from Fusion Life Cycle to NetSuite.
  • Automating the push of data has been a Godsend -- We were doing this entire process manually
  • Adding or making a edit has been a fairly easy process
  • The time it has saved us allowed us to not hire another person
  • Would be nice to see more examples how to do some things -- Would like to see how to go from NetSuite Data base to Excel.
If you are having to do manual work for this type of process this is the only way to go
James Smith profile photo
April 06, 2017

Jitterbit Review: "Great solution for salesforce admin"

We use it for Salesforce [administration] to try and import/update/amend data en mass.
  • Viewing data mappings
  • Having lists of historic maps
  • Getting granular in the way you update records
  • It can't handle some characters like : ; ) etc., in the field name which is really annoying as you don't realise it until you try to run the load.
  • Sometimes the process can be flaky and just not work for any good reason but that is rare.
For general Salesforce updates, I use it all the time over and above Salesforce Data Loader or Dataloader.io.
Read James Smith's full review
Eli Strong profile photo
September 23, 2016

Review: "Jitterbit Free is a simple import/export tool"

• Simple imports
  • Mass exports
  • Importing a subset of records for testing. For example allowing the import of only the first 5 rows of the file.
If you need a full dump of a particular object or if you have an import to a single object, the free version of Jitterbit is perfect. If you have a file where some records may already be in the system and some may not, this isn't as helpful.
Read Eli Strong's full review
Scott Boetig profile photo
November 04, 2015

Review: "Jitterbit Data Loader - The best solution for Salesforce data operations"

I've been using the Jitterbit data loader for all my Salesforce data needs for about 4 years. It is far superior to the standard Salesforce Apex Data Loader in so many ways. I know many other consultants in my organization and others who use it to manipulate data in Salesforce.
  • Preserves mappings so that you don't have to redo them. This was my biggest frustration with Salesforce's Apex Data Loader. I believe they may have added this functionality now but Jitterbit does this well and I'm not interested in switching back.
  • Platform independence: I recently had a customer that required consultants to use MacBook Pros. My company laptop is a PC. Since Jitterbit is cloud-based, I was able to create mappings on one computer and execute them on the other.
  • Ease of use: Jitterbit is simple to use and has a very intuitive interface. It auto-creates log files so that you can review the results of your data operations.
  • One recent complaint is that I kept getting prompted in the application to upgrade but when I clicked the upgrade button I received a cryptic error. It didn't seem to affect the application fortunately. This occurred on both the Mac and PC versions.
My experience to this point is only with the free version.
Read Scott Boetig's full review
Ankur Goswami profile photo
November 06, 2015

Jitterbit Review: "Jittery"

We are using Jitterbit to Integrate our ERP (JD Edwards) with our CRM - Salesforce.
  • Ease of use.
  • Flexibility to code.
  • Administration, logging and publishing code.
  • It can integrate with DB and other third party apps well, but it would be nice if we could also invoke existing processes / code (Like SSIS etc) from Jitterbit.
  • Would be nice if Jitterbit could also implement JD Edwards API to invoke business logic within JDE.
Scalability - Jitterbit supports many different types of integration including SFTP, i.e. it can also be used as an EDI tool for ERP applications.
Read Ankur Goswami's full review
Travis Terry profile photo
July 08, 2015

User Review: "Jitterbit Great Middleware"

We are using JitterBit on a number of projects. We use it to load data from a FTP directly into Sales Force these daily file loads give people access to the front end we developed on force.com. We also use JitterBit as a middleware for a different SalesForce projects where we load order data from an Oracle DB back up to Salesforce with all the item and tracking information. And lastly we use JitterBit as a Web Service Endpoint that we call from NetSuite do a transformation and load the data back into Salesforce. Jitterbit has taken out a large layer of development in either Java or .Net and just about anyone can move the data with out writing a line of code. Ok so there is still some basic javascript to write to do more custom things with the data but it is very basic stuff.
  • Loading data
  • The ability to easily change, map or upsert to and from SalesForce and NetSuite.
  • Creating an Endpoint Web Service without writing any code.
  • I only see a few drawbacks with Jitterbit but every time I see one they are already in the process of fixing this.
  • We ran into an issue where were were doing and If Else loop query in salesforce that was using thousands of API request during the operation and they were already working on a Map Cache for this problem.
  • Back when we first started working with JitterBit we had an issue of connecting to NetSuite but since then they have built connectors for NetSuite using their built in WSDLs
We have had great luck integrating our databases here which are Oracle and SQL server with Salesforce. Anyone that is looking for a middleware with Salesforce should check this product out! We have also found that we can easily load giant million-record files into database from flat files that couldn't be done nearly as fast as we could through our developers.
Read Travis Terry's full review
Don Waters profile photo
December 04, 2014

Review: "Jitterbit - Power Platform for Integration"

We used Jitterbit Standard Edition for our client to integrate two 2 endpoints. One was Salesforce, a SaaS-based CRM system and the other was Sage MAS 200 ERP (formerly MAS 90). Sales Orders are entered to Salesforce and then upon update are sent to Sage MAS 200 ERP as an import process via the Visual Integrator module. We also have bidirectional update of Ship to Addresses , Customer records, and Item records.
  • Great for endpoint to endpoint integration where data transformation is an important component of the process.
  • Visual nature of the mapping is very good and the general visual layout of the processes employing these mappings is also very good.
  • Copying of process and mappings make the integration a lot easier than it would otherwise be.
  • Scripting language takes some getting used to depending on your programming background.
  • There is a lack of some standard template procedures that could be used to create variations from the template. This would be very beneficial.
  • Logging utility needs a re-write since the filtering is not very intuitive and sometimes is not very effective.
If you are looking at standard integration with an existing Enterprise Connector like Salesforce, SAP or Oracle, then this is a great tool. It is a little more difficult when one of the endpoints has some limitations. Our MAS endpoint was problematic, at best. The lack of ODBC updates on that end made for some serious issues. This is not due to Jitterbit, but the MAS product itself, so this is a word to the wise to be sure that all of your endpoints have what you need to get the job done in a reliable and verifiable way. You will need the ability for both endpoints to report back the status of all updates. Without that capability, the job can quickly become difficult. Again, this is more about the endpoints than about Jitterbit, which is a robust SaaS integration platform.
Read Don Waters's full review
Crystal Steinbach, MBA profile photo
April 30, 2014

User Review: "Jitterbit connecting ERP and SFDC"

We are using Jitterbit to move data from an old legacy ERP system into Salesforce.com. We are currently using it in our sales and marketing department but we are considering using it as well in our HR department to further integrate data between their systems. Because I pull information from an old ERP system, I do have to manually clean the files before import using Jitterbit. It does take a good deal of time and focus to ensure my imports are going as needed. I would like to see an automatic lookup field in Jitterbit for the Salesforce.com record ID. That would make my imports go much more quickly. I really like the field mapping tool. It's very easy to use and to add various rules and filters. It's a good solution for our needs. It's helpful to have some technical savvy before diving in.
  • Data Export
  • Field Mapping
  • Mass Delete
  • Salesforce ID lookup too
  • Ease of use
  • Better error reporting
I can only say that Jitterbit integrates well with Salesforce.com as I have yet to use Jitterbit for any other integrations.
Read Crystal Steinbach, MBA's full review
Mike Turnell profile photo
April 07, 2014

Review: "Can't imagine the amount of data entry without Jitterbit..."

We use Salesforce.com extensively, and we have found Jitterbit to be a much easier tool to use than the standard data loader. We use it to mass update all objects in Salesforce (mainly opportunities and accounts) directly from CSV files. Any department that requests data changes in our database technically has use for it, but operations and finance folks are the ones who actually put the program to use. Simply having the object ID gives you the power to automatically update tons of SFDC objects, which saves us a lot of valuable time.
  • Mapping spreadsheet columns to object fields is very intuitive and easy to figure out
  • Very speedy, considering the amount of information I am inputting. Pushes a list of failures with detailed reasons, which allows me to go back and fix as needed
  • I felt extremely comfortable using the software within about 2 days... It was very easy to learn
  • Infinitely easier to understand than the stock Salesforce data loader
  • Mapping fields could provide a link to explain what the field is in more detail
  • Hard to visualize the impact that your mapping will have, might be helpful to load in object IDs and lay out the old value and what the new value stands to be
I have used DemandTools and Jitterbit, and I would always recommend Jitterbit for the more straightforward, lightweight jobs. The simplicity makes changing 1 or 2 fields a breeze.
Read Mike Turnell's full review
Jules Clement profile photo
April 04, 2014

Jitterbit Review: "Rapid Data Integration"

I implemented a data integration project for a client. Jitterbit was used specifically to grab data from all over the world and copy it into a staging database. It had some data transformations, but nothing very complex.
  • The time to transfer millions of rows from China or South Africa was remarkable, it was very quick.
  • We never dropped rows or lost data.
  • It was very easy to pick up and learn how to do a simple data transfer.
  • Since I was grabbing data from seven identical systems, I would prefer that I could copy and paste an operation and just change the connection. Instead, I had to remap every transformation I made. Still, it was a time saver to be able to copy it.
  • I wish the programming of more complex transformations were less code-based and more GUI-based. Without knowing java syntax it made even some simple transformations difficult.
  • It was too easy to overwrite other developers code. A merge feature would have come in handy more than once.
Unless you want to do a lot of coding, it's not ideal for an ETL scenario. But it's very good with transferring large volumes of data quickly with simple transformations.
Read Jules Clement's full review
December 09, 2015

User Review: "Jitterbit - Finance Processing"

Jitterbit was used to process royalty statements from multiple licensees. And Jitterbit was used to streamline the data from multiple sources into our database.
  • It handles different sources very efficiently.
  • Programming in Jitterbit and the available plugins is simple and very effective.
  • User administration permissions provisioning is easy.
  • I would expect more math functions to be added as we had few issues while rounding the numbers.
  • Currently I believe the rows are getting processed one by one, it would be beneficial if we could do a bulk insert options into SQL too.
Jitterbit is well suited for handling multiple files. Where company policies have multiple dev environments, it would require the purchase multiple licenses.
March 16, 2015

"Jitterbit 5.3 Review"

We use Jitterbit to connect with and transfer data between certain of our clients' systems with our own SaaS product via web services.
  • Jitterbit makes it easy to visualize the process flow of operations that it participates in.
  • Once configured correctly Jitterbit runs reliably without much maintenance attention required.
  • Jitterbit support has been responsive when we've needed to engage them for assistance.
  • Setting up secured connections for web services required tweaking multiple application configuration files and custom code to get the support that we needed.
  • The proprietary scripting language is relatively capable for data transformation, but could be improved to handle more complex scenarios. Presently, anything outside it's capability requires a custom Java plugin to be written.
  • Jitterbit's mapping tool is fairly powerful, but entering a large amount of field information for data mapping and transformation can be time consuming and cumbersome.
  • I feel like the documentation for advanced users is inadequate and I was forced to open support cases to ask questions, for which answers should be available online.
  • Our implementations required developer-level skills including a good working knowledge of XML and XML Style Sheets.
It seems like if your integration needs are simple, your schemas are stable and well defined or your needs fall into an area where Jitterbit has a connection wizard, then implementation can go very quickly. If you have more complex needs then you may wan to plan for some bumps in the road.
December 04, 2014

Review: "Jitterbit: The best data integration tool"

It is being used by the IT department to integrate several systems. It reduces tremendously the amount of time we need to spend implementing what Jitterbit already does.
  • Migrate between databases
  • Integrate data from rdbms to Salesforce and vice-versa
  • Super easy to set up and use
  • Interface could be more user friendly and more intuitive
You can be so excited about Jitterbit and start using it for everything. Try to analyze each case because sometimes what you want to do may not required Jitterbit.
April 12, 2014

User Review: "Jitterbit with Veeva CRM"

We have Veeva which is an application on SFDC which is our CRM system. Jitterbit us used as an application for pulling the data to our data warehouse and pushing our updates/data to the Veeva cloud. It is mostly used in the Pharma Healthcare business of Bayer. We migrated to Veeva from Siebel in Jan 2013 and since then we have been using Jitterbit. I have been supporting Jitterbit since 9 months. We have come across many data related issues along with some process related. I can mention the ones which I faced myself and how i interacted with the Jitterbit Support Team. There are issues with pulling the long/free text fields. Also, there was one scenario where null values were being populated instead the actual value. These are all dbUpdate Plugin related issue. The log which Jitterbit creates is not self sufficient neither self explanatory. I think it could give more detailed log for troubleshooting the issue. If the plugin was updated by the Jitterbit team, it was not properly tested and was provided for us to migrate it to our Production environment and it disturbed the whole environment. I think there should be a process in place for validation and verification of any updates given to the customer.
I did work closely with the Jitterbit support team . They are very helpful and prompt.
  • Good support team
  • Does not use complicated code
  • Users can easily understand the structure
  • Need better performance with SFDC cloud
  • Need to have a better process aligned
  • Need to improve the log so that it is self ecplanatory to troubleshooting an issue
According to my experience, I think it has to come up with much compatability with SFDC cloud.
April 11, 2014

User Review: "Jitters of JitterBit"

Jitterbit was used to automate the ETL engine running across several databases to populate the data warehouse. It integrated very well with the SQL/MYSQL interface and worked seamlessly. It addressed the problem of product integration from various departments and saved company a lot of money as additional manpower was not required. Jitterbit was used only in the IT department.
  • Integration to multi platform tools
  • Pipelining a complicated workflow
  • Messaging and jogging for critical workflows
  • GUI
  • It needs to have a better API and some example codes
  • Sometimes it's pretty slow
The key question would be, does my application fit into a workflow model? If Yes then Jitterbit can help. Standard interfaces such as XML and logging between the various modules would definitely help to understand the jargon given out by Jitterbit. Overall the learning curve is not so steep for Jitterbit.

Pre-built connectors (4)
Connector modification (4)
Support for real-time and batch integration (4)
Data quality services (4)
Data security features (4)
Monitoring console (4)

About Jitterbit

Jitterbit combines the power of APIs, integration and artificial intelligence. Using the Jitterbit API integration platform companies can rapidly connect SaaS, on-premise and cloud applications and instantly infuse artificial intelligence into any business process. The vendor says their intuitive API creation technology enables companies to reuse business-critical applications and data to bring new offerings to market in days, not months. Additionally, the vendor says their team of industry experts work side by side with companies to accelerate innovation beyond anything they previously thought possible.

Jitterbit Competitors

We offer flexible pricing options to suit your needs. Contact 1.877.852.3500 for details.

Jitterbit Technical Details