- Jive has an easy to use interface that lends itself easily to changing the system whenever change is needed. The PBX portion is particularly useful in the way it is easily malleable and has an incredibly powerful and easy to utilize setup.
- Jive's app is very useful and easy to use with mobile devices. Very powerful and adds a lot of value to their service.
- The way Jive functions has suited our organization very well. It is easy to use on a hard phone, has a great soft phone feature that functions out of a browser and easily integrates with our chose CRM for click to dial features that have also proven quite useful.
- Jive has less than stellar reporting. When previously choosing phone providers, Jive had come in a close second to another, larger competitor simply because of its reporting. When that competitor proved to be less than reliable we did eventually switch to Jive, but it is the one, large Achilles heel of Jive.
- The PBX interface can have a steep learning curve for some people, and it sometimes is not easy to see the logic behind some of the organization in the way it is put together.
- Jive's app can sometimes be disconnected from service for what seems like random reasons. It is not a frequent problem but can be annoying. To be fair to Jive this may be a network issue and not an app issue and it bears further troubleshooting.
- Adding new devices that are new or previously on the account is simple and easy for even not technical people. This is not always IT staff on staff, with Jive online management makes it very simple for setup.
- Another strength is the calling tree setup. With a graphical interface, drag and drop options and suggested setups anyone can build a complicated setup to a small simple one. Take your small business and make it look like you are fortune 500 with a nice call tree that is simple to use but sounds big.
- Customer management. Every representative we have worked with including the technical support staff are superb. Quick fix errors, online chat for support and a dedicated rep for your company that is available and checks on your account on time everytime.
- With VOIP ghost issues. They are plagued with a few sometimes and when these happen a run down to an issue is almost non existent. This maybe a VOIP providers issue for all of them. But it does exist here and they do try to help but leads usually end up at dead ends or false positive answers.
- Reports, sadly their reporting system is only for current calls and information. They have no historical reports you can run. You have to contact them for these reports.
Jive will not be appropriate if you are in an area with questionable bandwidth or use Vsat. Honestly that's the one reason I could see someone not choosing Jive or VOIP in general. Its easy, fast and reliable. No server or box on site. Great support, just cut the rj11 and join the rj45 team.
- Easy to use administration interface
- Allow phones to be customized via interface
- Easily scale the number of seats to fit your needs
- Usually they were on top of service issues and sent out notifications right away
- Support was iffy at best, usually not giving clear answers to problems and just closing tickets after responding.
- While phones were customizable via their interfaces, the changes were lost after a reboot (such as a logo for the background or a ringtone) with no way to save the settings.
- There were a lot of service affecting issues we experienced.
- It has a chat feature for Jive users that you can use to communicate if you are on another call
- The conference calling feature is very easy to use
- The program is very easy to use and is user-friendly
- The devices you pair with Jive sometimes don't work
- The UI freezes sometimes and requires the computer to be restarted
- It is missing the ability to call directly from email signatures, so you can't easily just click on the number and it re-route to XLIte
Jive Hosted VoIP Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Jive Hosted VoIP
Since its founding in 2006, Jive has grown to become the largest privately held Hosted VoIP provider. The cloud delivery model ensures that each organization always has the latest technology, features, and applications.
Jive Hosted VoIP Screenshots
Jive Hosted VoIP Competitors
Sign up for a no-obligation month-to-month account, or sign a long-term contract for better deals on service pricing and hardware. Jive provides all the features you need with unlimited use (where other companies charge extra for additional features or increased use). Customer & Technical support is available 24/7 to help you resolve any issue. A dedicated onboarding team will help you get your phone system set up for your needs.
Jive Hosted VoIP Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||30%|
Jive Hosted VoIP Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Jive Hosted VoIP Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Brazil, Canada, UK, Mexico, etc|
|Supported Languages: ||All|