Jive Hosted VoIP is a cloud-based business phone system. It includes features such as call analytics, call recording, softphone, fax to email, voicemail to email, and desktop integration. Pricing starts at $19.25 per month and increases based on the amount of users and number of devices.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/4i/FW/BXC237ZFZ929.PNGJive is the way to go - hands down. An easy decision to save lots of money.Our company was looking for ways to cut costs across the board on things that we haven't evaluated in a long time. One thing I was charged with doing was diving into our telecom service. We were paying way too much. I explored a few options and landed on Jive. Jive was a substantial cost saving and gave us everything we had in our VOIP phone service, plus more features. Jive was able to free us from the cumbersome phone system that runs off of hardline internet connections and is planted on every single desk in our office. Without having to give our cell phone numbers out to people, we were able to continue using out existing phone numbers and set-up individual dial plans that work for each person's needs and schedules.,The ease of use is probably the number one case I can make for Jive. It is so simple to navigate their online platform and to create dial plans within a few minutes. Their drag and drop dial plan builder is fantastic. And I can change it on the fly and in a matter of minutes - without having to call a support center. Jive's support is also fantastic. They essentially send a welcome email, walk you through about five steps to port numbers into their system, and then say, "okay - we're ready to walk you through the set-up whenever you are ready - any time, any day." When I called, the agent was incredibly helpful and walked me through the things I needed to do to get set-up and then also walked me through all the features. He set-up the things we could set-up on the phone and showed me how to configure other features when the time was right. The sales process was very easy. We called, talked to an agent, and got a proposal within about 15 minutes. We evaluated the proposal and notified them the following day that we were ready. Because porting numbers takes a few days, we took the few days to ensure everything was set-up and ready to go. The numbers went live a few days later and we haven't looked back since; so seamless! The app is a great plus. It is very easy to use. Not only were we able to actualize substantial savings right off the bat, Jive also came with a subscription to GoToMeeting for every user, which saved us additional dollars we've been paying for web conferencing services.,I wish there was either a dedicated admin app or admin functions for admin users on the standard user app. I do have to go to my computer for some things (which isn't that often, however). We ported our fax number over. Doing that means the faxes come through via email to a single email address, which means I have to either have someone sort the faxes (and there's not a lot of them) or give everyone access to the fax email account. I wish there was a way that all faxes just show up in a shared folder for people to be able to get to easily on the app or on their desktops.,10,GrasshopperJive is GreatI wanted to be able to track calls in my CRM and found that Jive had a Connector to Zoho. It logs all of our calls to our clients inside their account. It does not copy a recording of the call, but it does give duration, time start/end, and notes can be left on each call on a screen popup inside the CRM.,Integration with our CRM, it was important to be able to track calls to ensure our sales staff is meeting it's goals. Easy to set up and use, we have over 20 numbers that we use to call out from and was easily set up to be able to call out from any of the numbers from any phone. The admin side of Jive is very user friendly and can be set up easily with little assistance.,Text messaging would be an awesome feature that the system is lacking.,10,I've been able to keep sales people in compliance with their goals and be able to track them. Great positive impact. My old system was able to send and receive SMS, so I'm missing that feature a little.,Phone.comJive Speaks The Language of Business; and That is No Jive!Jive is being used across our organization by multiple departments. It is our main phone service provider and has changed the way we use our phone system. While we have used multiple phone providers, Jive is the only provider that has actually lent itself to our company in a way that helps us grow our bottom line. Jive allowed us to easily control our PBX system and helps our business, though relatively small in size, look and feel like any large organization. It gives us the measure of control we need to serve our clients in a meaningful and powerful way.,Jive has an easy to use interface that lends itself easily to changing the system whenever change is needed. The PBX portion is particularly useful in the way it is easily malleable and has an incredibly powerful and easy to utilize setup. Jive's app is very useful and easy to use with mobile devices. Very powerful and adds a lot of value to their service. The way Jive functions has suited our organization very well. It is easy to use on a hard phone, has a great soft phone feature that functions out of a browser and easily integrates with our chose CRM for click to dial features that have also proven quite useful.,Jive has less than stellar reporting. When previously choosing phone providers, Jive had come in a close second to another, larger competitor simply because of its reporting. When that competitor proved to be less than reliable we did eventually switch to Jive, but it is the one, large Achilles heel of Jive. The PBX interface can have a steep learning curve for some people, and it sometimes is not easy to see the logic behind some of the organization in the way it is put together. Jive's app can sometimes be disconnected from service for what seems like random reasons. It is not a frequent problem but can be annoying. To be fair to Jive this may be a network issue and not an app issue and it bears further troubleshooting.,10,Jive allows our org to adapt easily to growth with its ease of use in the system it offers for call routing setup. Jive has allowed us easy control in making marketing messages available to our clients via our hold music. We have experienced a surge of productivity saved a lot of much needed capital because of our ability to right size our communication departments and route call efficiently.,Nextiva and RingCentral,GoToMeeting, Zoom Video Webinar, SlackJive BeginningsOur company uses Jive to direct incoming calls to the main phone number to the various departments and field offices. We needed to replace our server based system with a cloud-based system.,They have a great interface for creating simple to complex dial plans. I didn't think we needed something very complicated, but it was easy to see how some of the features that weren't available to us before could be useful. You don't need to download a desktop application. The mobile app is very streamlined, which keeps it from becoming a technical issue.,The support people are great, but it takes a very long time to get a hold of someone. As the administrator I have had a difficult time re-finding some of the set-up pages because it's a little bit of a maze to get between the Voice side and the LogMeIn account.,9,We have cut our phone costs in half, and we don't have to deal with ridiculous contracts.,RingCentral,Adobe Acrobat DC, Skype for Business (formerly Lync)VOIP?! Yes, you should and Jive should be your first stop.Jive hosted VoIP is our main phone system that connects 8 locations in 3 states together with seamless use of extensions and transferring. Throw in simple management of VM and call attending with their new call center option means they are all encompassing tool. We solved the need of an advanced PBX without the cost and setup of a local system. With Ethernet being already a main runner for our structure adding POE to get phone service was a no brainer in construction. The benefits are a connected PBX, voicemails and calling features not restricted to office spaces and one location, Connecting locations that before had no reason to be connected but now with Jive the connection was made and has been a positive one.,Adding new devices that are new or previously on the account is simple and easy for even not technical people. This is not always IT staff on staff, with Jive online management makes it very simple for setup. Another strength is the calling tree setup. With a graphical interface, drag and drop options and suggested setups anyone can build a complicated setup to a small simple one. Take your small business and make it look like you are fortune 500 with a nice call tree that is simple to use but sounds big. Customer management. Every representative we have worked with including the technical support staff are superb. Quick fix errors, online chat for support and a dedicated rep for your company that is available and checks on your account on time everytime.,With VOIP ghost issues. They are plagued with a few sometimes and when these happen a run down to an issue is almost non existent. This maybe a VOIP providers issue for all of them. But it does exist here and they do try to help but leads usually end up at dead ends or false positive answers. Reports, sadly their reporting system is only for current calls and information. They have no historical reports you can run. You have to contact them for these reports.,8,Positive- Consolidate phone companies into one provider and one bill. Positive- All locations use the same hardware. Allowing easy swap and repair. Negative- internet goes down, phones go with it. So lost customer contact and no out going calls affect profits.,,Slack, Apache Spark
Jive Hosted VoIP

Jive Hosted VoIP Reviews

Jive Hosted VoIP
Filter 11 vetted Jive Hosted VoIP reviews and ratings

Tyler Collum profile photo
January 08, 2019

Jive Hosted VoIP Review: "Jive is the way to go - hands down. An easy decision to save lots of money."

• The ease of use is probably the number one case I can make for Jive. It is so simple to navigate their online platform and to create dial plans within a few minutes. Their drag and drop dial plan builder is fantastic. And I can change it on the fly and in a matter of minutes - without having to call a support center.
  • Jive's support is also fantastic. They essentially send a welcome email, walk you through about five steps to port numbers into their system, and then say, "okay - we're ready to walk you through the set-up whenever you are ready - any time, any day." When I called, the agent was incredibly helpful and walked me through the things I needed to do to get set-up and then also walked me through all the features. He set-up the things we could set-up on the phone and showed me how to configure other features when the time was right.
  • The sales process was very easy. We called, talked to an agent, and got a proposal within about 15 minutes. We evaluated the proposal and notified them the following day that we were ready. Because porting numbers takes a few days, we took the few days to ensure everything was set-up and ready to go. The numbers went live a few days later and we haven't looked back since; so seamless!
  • The app is a great plus. It is very easy to use.
  • Not only were we able to actualize substantial savings right off the bat, Jive also came with a subscription to GoToMeeting for every user, which saved us additional dollars we've been paying for web conferencing services.
  • I wish there was either a dedicated admin app or admin functions for admin users on the standard user app. I do have to go to my computer for some things (which isn't that often, however).
  • We ported our fax number over. Doing that means the faxes come through via email to a single email address, which means I have to either have someone sort the faxes (and there's not a lot of them) or give everyone access to the fax email account. I wish there was a way that all faxes just show up in a shared folder for people to be able to get to easily on the app or on their desktops.
I believe Jive is the perfect fit for a company of any size with workers who are in the office or in the field with or without a particular schedule. I also believe that if you are reading this, you should go - right now - and look at how much money your company is wasting on traditional/analog and/or VOIP services. I think this is GREAT solution for start-ups and large companies alike who need a SIMPLE solution that works great and is affordable. Also, the service grows with you. You pay per user, and it is incredibly affordable. As your company grows, just add more users!
Read Tyler Collum's full review
Scott French profile photo
December 18, 2018

Jive Hosted VoIP Review: "Jive is Great"

• Integration with our CRM, it was important to be able to track calls to ensure our sales staff is meeting it's goals.
  • Easy to set up and use, we have over 20 numbers that we use to call out from and was easily set up to be able to call out from any of the numbers from any phone.
  • The admin side of Jive is very user friendly and can be set up easily with little assistance.
  • Text messaging would be an awesome feature that the system is lacking.
If you are looking to log calls to your CRM, check out Jive Hosted VoIP. If SMS is important, keep looking. Calls can be recorded locally or all calls automatically recorded. It is a little bit of a hassle to retrieve them. Easy to set up and operate inside of, and end user friendly.
Read Scott French's full review
Mike Madsen profile photo
August 24, 2018

Jive Hosted VoIP Review: "Jive Speaks The Language of Business; and That is No Jive!"

• Jive has an easy to use interface that lends itself easily to changing the system whenever change is needed. The PBX portion is particularly useful in the way it is easily malleable and has an incredibly powerful and easy to utilize setup.
  • Jive's app is very useful and easy to use with mobile devices. Very powerful and adds a lot of value to their service.
  • The way Jive functions has suited our organization very well. It is easy to use on a hard phone, has a great soft phone feature that functions out of a browser and easily integrates with our chose CRM for click to dial features that have also proven quite useful.
  • Jive has less than stellar reporting. When previously choosing phone providers, Jive had come in a close second to another, larger competitor simply because of its reporting. When that competitor proved to be less than reliable we did eventually switch to Jive, but it is the one, large Achilles heel of Jive.
  • The PBX interface can have a steep learning curve for some people, and it sometimes is not easy to see the logic behind some of the organization in the way it is put together.
  • Jive's app can sometimes be disconnected from service for what seems like random reasons. It is not a frequent problem but can be annoying. To be fair to Jive this may be a network issue and not an app issue and it bears further troubleshooting.
I would recommend Jive for any SMB organization as it makes them look larger than they are and allows for powerful tools at a reasonable price. Small business especially can benefit from its ability to route calls in multiple ways allowing them to add diversity in their call tree and allow less users to act like more users.

Large business can also benefit from Jive simply by virtue of the system being easy to use. In a large org, the call tree can be complicated. Jive's easy to use drag and drop interface allows for ease of implementation by large org's making setup of the PBX a snap.
Read Mike Madsen's full review
Becci Casteel profile photo
December 17, 2018

Jive Hosted VoIP Review: "Jive Beginnings"

• They have a great interface for creating simple to complex dial plans. I didn't think we needed something very complicated, but it was easy to see how some of the features that weren't available to us before could be useful.
  • You don't need to download a desktop application.
  • The mobile app is very streamlined, which keeps it from becoming a technical issue.
  • The support people are great, but it takes a very long time to get a hold of someone.
  • As the administrator I have had a difficult time re-finding some of the set-up pages because it's a little bit of a maze to get between the Voice side and the LogMeIn account.
Jive is really well suited for small businesses with mobile and flexible employees. Our company has employees in 4 different states that work from home, the field and the office. Jive keeps everyone in contact and helps us know what everyone's status is. We have a couple locations that couldn't switch over to an IP based phone system, and it was easy to get calls routed to the analog phone lines.
Read Becci Casteel's full review
Allison Temple profile photo
August 23, 2017

Jive Hosted VoIP Review: "VOIP?! Yes, you should and Jive should be your first stop."

• Adding new devices that are new or previously on the account is simple and easy for even not technical people. This is not always IT staff on staff, with Jive online management makes it very simple for setup.
  • Another strength is the calling tree setup. With a graphical interface, drag and drop options and suggested setups anyone can build a complicated setup to a small simple one. Take your small business and make it look like you are fortune 500 with a nice call tree that is simple to use but sounds big.
  • Customer management. Every representative we have worked with including the technical support staff are superb. Quick fix errors, online chat for support and a dedicated rep for your company that is available and checks on your account on time everytime.
  • With VOIP ghost issues. They are plagued with a few sometimes and when these happen a run down to an issue is almost non existent. This maybe a VOIP providers issue for all of them. But it does exist here and they do try to help but leads usually end up at dead ends or false positive answers.
  • Reports, sadly their reporting system is only for current calls and information. They have no historical reports you can run. You have to contact them for these reports.
Jive is well suited for small to medium sized businesses and businesses that are split in different locations. Being connected via VOIP and the internet it will seem you are right next to each other.

Jive will not be appropriate if you are in an area with questionable bandwidth or use Vsat. Honestly that's the one reason I could see someone not choosing Jive or VOIP in general. Its easy, fast and reliable. No server or box on site. Great support, just cut the rj11 and join the rj45 team.
Read Allison Temple's full review
Kyle Farago profile photo
August 22, 2017

Jive Hosted VoIP Review: "Jive - Good, but not great."

Jive was our VoIP carrier for our Polycom phone system at all of our various sites (both permanent and mobile with the use of Mobile Office Systems we set up). It handled all local and long distance calls without the need for 2 or more carriers/connections into the building. It also allowed us to use a mobile app on an older deactivated iPhone for our receptionist when she needed to step away from the desk but still answer the phone.
  • Easy to use administration interface
  • Allow phones to be customized via interface
  • Easily scale the number of seats to fit your needs
  • Usually they were on top of service issues and sent out notifications right away
  • Support was iffy at best, usually not giving clear answers to problems and just closing tickets after responding.
  • While phones were customizable via their interfaces, the changes were lost after a reboot (such as a logo for the background or a ringtone) with no way to save the settings.
  • There were a lot of service affecting issues we experienced.
Jive is a good solution for a business of any size really, as it is very easily scaled to meet your needs. It's reliability, while decent, was not great, however. The user interface was easy to navigate, and the (at the time) new beta interface was very intuitive. It is easy enough that a small business could easily manage their small system, but powerful enough that a large business can set IVRs, call forwards, etc., as needed. The mobile app is a great addition as well and works very well as a basic VoIP app.
Read Kyle Farago's full review
September 15, 2017

Jive Hosted VoIP Review: "Jive VoIP an efficient service for small companies"

We use jive as our primary phone service for our entire company. We use Jive for internal calls as well as external calls. We are a client facing company and have to get on a call with clients to support and maintain the software we sell them. We also use it to call our international clients as well. On a day to day [basis] for our organization, we have to contact clients about the tickets that they have created as well as call new clients for implementation.
  • It has a chat feature for Jive users that you can use to communicate if you are on another call
  • The conference calling feature is very easy to use
  • The program is very easy to use and is user-friendly
  • The devices you pair with Jive sometimes don't work
  • The UI freezes sometimes and requires the computer to be restarted
  • It is missing the ability to call directly from email signatures, so you can't easily just click on the number and it re-route to XLIte
I think Jive is very good for a small organization and if it fits in the budget. It works well with a small team that is client facing. I don't think Jive is appropriate for huge organizations as it is missing a lot of features that are needed for collaboration amongst team members.

Hosted PBX (5)
9.5
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (4)
9.2
User templates (5)
Call reports (5)
Directory of employee names (5)
9.8
Audio conferencing (4)
9.4
Mobile app for iOS (3)
9.5
Mobile app for Android (4)
9.6

About Jive Hosted VoIP

Jive provides cloud-based phone systems and Unified Communications services to high-growth businesses and public sector institutions. The vendor aims to offer a scalable platform that is more flexible and cost-effective than their existing legacy systems. Jive’s cloud architecture offers an integrated, seamless experience that provides richer context and creates more efficient connections between co-workers and clients.

Since its founding in 2006, Jive has grown to become the largest privately held Hosted VoIP provider. The cloud delivery model ensures that each organization always has the latest technology, features, and applications.

Jive Hosted VoIP Features

Cloud PBX Features
Has featureHosted PBX
Has featureMulti-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Has featureUser templates
Has featureCall reports
Has featureDirectory of employee names
Call Management Features
VoIP system collaboration Features
Has featureVideo conferencing
Has featureAudio conferencing
Mobile apps Features
Has featureMobile app for iOS
Has featureMobile app for Android

Jive Hosted VoIP Screenshots

Jive Hosted VoIP Competitors

Entry-level set up fee?Optional

Sign up for a no-obligation month-to-month account, or sign a long-term contract for better deals on service pricing and hardware. Jive provides all the features you need with unlimited use (where other companies charge extra for additional features or increased use). Customer & Technical support is available 24/7 to help you resolve any issue. A dedicated onboarding team will help you get your phone system set up for your needs.

Jive Hosted VoIP Customer Size Distribution