Across the entire organization. We are currently trying to integrate bar codes and scanners into our inventory management system. We use …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of JobBOSS, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
JobBOSS is a cloud or on-premise manufacturing ERP developed by global, Dutch headquartered software company Exact and acquired by ECI Software in 2017.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We use JobBOSS across our entire system. After outgrowing QuickBooks Enterprise we chose JobBOSS for its Manufacturing and Job Shop focus. It's shop floor control/scheduling module is used for every process in our building and provides real time evaluation of our flow. We needed a complete solution that addressed order processing, shop control, inventory, and accounting. JobBOSS provides a complete package that allows every member of the team to do their job in a single application with the ability to see how it affects every other department.
- It's scheduling module works well for "Job Shop" style manufacturing and scales to larger production runs.
- The ability to create routings and assemblies, as well as templates, allowed us to consolidate several excel spreadsheets per job into a single place. Getting everything into one spot really saves time and helps minimize mistakes that can occur from working in multiple files.
- The remote workstations on the floor are helping us achieve our goal of paper reduction, and with real time changes we don't need to go out and collect outdated paperwork from the floor.
- The accounting system is robust and works well.
- The reporting is through Crystal Reports which is cumbersome to work with and requires someone who knows what they are doing. If you're moving from something like Quickbooks with built in report editing, you're going to be frustrated with creating custom reports.
- If you run mutliple jobs on a single machine or use multi-pallet machines scheduling can get frustrating, and you will have to come up with your own solutions to schedule those machines. (This is not unique to JobBOSS scheduling. We tested several ERP systems in this range and most were lacking in this area).
- Even with the 12.0 update, the interface is still rather dated for the onsite version. The online version looks much better.
Job Shops that have outgrown Quickbooks/Peachtree are a good fit and small to medium run shops are a good fit for JobBOSS. If you're still in the grey area between Quickbooks and a fully fledged ERP system, you can connect it with Quickbooks for your accounting which is a good medium for companies who would like to slowly roll, kind of upgrade out.
Across the entire organization. We are currently trying to integrate bar codes and scanners into our inventory management system. We use it for all of our timekeeping and job management aspects. We also track our near misses and incidents for safety.
- Timekeeping. Clocking in and out.
- Inventory control.
- Travelers or job sheets that keep track of operations.
- Better label printing support.
- Timekeeping alerts to management when there are huge discrepancies.
Time management and inventory control are great. Awesome investment for small business owners for everything from services like plating, or anodizing, to keeping track of our suppliers. Wish it integrated a decent label program with it also.