December 04, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Read Jeremiah Alexander's full review
Pros and Cons
- It's scheduling module works well for "Job Shop" style manufacturing and scales to larger production runs.
- The ability to create routings and assemblies, as well as templates, allowed us to consolidate several excel spreadsheets per job into a single place. Getting everything into one spot really saves time and helps minimize mistakes that can occur from working in multiple files.
- The remote workstations on the floor are helping us achieve our goal of paper reduction, and with real time changes we don't need to go out and collect outdated paperwork from the floor.
- The accounting system is robust and works well.
- The reporting is through Crystal Reports which is cumbersome to work with and requires someone who knows what they are doing. If you're moving from something like Quickbooks with built in report editing, you're going to be frustrated with creating custom reports.
- If you run mutliple jobs on a single machine or use multi-pallet machines scheduling can get frustrating, and you will have to come up with your own solutions to schedule those machines. (This is not unique to JobBOSS scheduling. We tested several ERP systems in this range and most were lacking in this area).
- Even with the 12.0 update, the interface is still rather dated for the onsite version. The online version looks much better.