Join.me from LogMeIn is an audio and web conferencing tool targeted at SMBs.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/o5/It/72B47N07V7D3.JPEGIn a saturated market, Join.me stands out with personalization optionsJoin.me is used by the new business sales team in conjunction with DocSend. DocSend is a system we implemented to share a deck with prospects on a live call, but come to find out after signing the contract that DocSend doesn't actually have audio-conferencing built in, so we had to add the Join.me integration for this. Join.me allows us to have an audio conference line and to share my screen.,Join.me has a lot of personalization touches I haven't seen in a lot of other audio conferencing software. It allows you to have a personalized background for viewers to see while they are waiting for you to share your screen which I like. Join.me makes it easy to add international dial-in numbers which has come in handy when working on a global level. Join.me's audio quality is pretty good- it occasionally will drop people from a call, but I don't think this happens any more often than any other conferencing software.,We use Join.me in conjunction with DocSend- this integration is very poor and only works 2/3rds of the time. When I am using DocSend and I push the button to switch to the Join.me screenshare the load time is very slow and it's always and awkward waiting time on a call for the screen to switch. Oftentimes when I switch my screen the attendee says all they see is the loading screen, not what I'm sharing. We then have to spend 5 min troubleshooting and trying to get it to work. The audio conferencing will occasionally drop people randomly, though I wouldn't say this happens any more so than any other conferencing vendor.,7,Join.me is a great tool for audio conferencing with a big group of people. Join.me allows me to control which window on my screen I want to share as opposed to just showing my entire screen like some other tools do. Join.me has proven to be very unreliable when used in conjunction with DocSend and leads to very awkward demo situations when I haven't been able to get it to work and my attendees aren't able to see my screen.,GoToMeeting, Zoom and ClearSlide,Apollo, Zoom Video Webinar, CalendlyJoin me in using Join.me. You'll love it!Join.me is being used by the entire organization. We do use it for internal meetings, but the bulk of the use is with prospects and clients. If you've attended "webinar" type meetings, you know that the first 10 minutes seem to be getting the tech to work for everyone. That just isn't the case with Join.me. It is rock solid, super easy to use, and it just plain works.,Works for all levels of users, even those who are not very tech savvy. Easy to set up and schedule meetings. Navigation as the meeting host is intuitive and straight-forward.,The audio quality if using the computer for audio can be iffy. It is likely due to slower internet speeds by some of the participants. I always dial in for the audio portion (and recommend the same for others) and it sounds great. This might be a little picky, but the invites that come from Join.me can be a little clunky and crammed together. Locking in a meeting code is nice, but it can lead to double booking if you aren't careful.,10,Join.me is affordable and does exactly what we need it to do. Join.me has allowed us to keep our travel costs at a bare minimum by holding meetings virtually. Join.me allows us to up our demo game by allowing us to conduct meetings without having to be onsite.,Zoom Video Webinar, WebEx Event Center and BlueJeans,Microsoft Office 365, Dropbox, OneDrive, SlackJoin.Me - Good for Small Groups and Limited UseOur organization was using Join.me for our conference calls with clients and within the organization between employees. It was being used to address the business problems of communications and developing client intimacy. Unfortunately, due to our frustrations with the product and finding a better product, we cancelled our subscription with Join.me.,Easily recognizable by clients Easy to share meeting code Can create a free account to demo,Audio quality Video quality Being able to record and edit audio and video easily,5,Positive: Generate customer intimacy. Positive: Simplify things for our clients and help them with software issues by being able to share screen. Positive: Facilitated communication across employees who were based in different locations.,Zoom,Zoom Video Webinar, Google Drive, IBM SPSSJoin.me ReviewTo be able to hold the hands of our customers so we can show them step by step how to use our products and services.,Easy to use screen sharing The chat feature is helpful to provide links for customers to click on Helps connect our customers to us and help us create lasting relationships,Easier user interface for customers who join our meetings,10,Building lasting relationships with our customersJoin.me - inconsistent but serves its purposeJoin.me is used across the entire growthPlus and sales departments. It addresses the business problem of connecting multiple people on a conference call, and visualization via screen share.,Join.me allows me to share my screen with multiple people Join.me allows me to record my screen share and calls Join.me allows me to integrate meetings into my Gmail calendar invites,Join.me constantly drops calls Join.me has lag time during screen share Join.me can take more than one try to start my meetings,4,Join.me has been faulty during sensitive customer calls, and caused my customers frustration to escalate Join.me has dropped the ball recording important customer calls,Zoom, UberConference and WebEx Meetings,Zoom, CA Chorus Software Manager, WebEx Meetings
Join.me

Join.me Reviews

Join.me
Top Rated Award
Filter 405 vetted Join.me reviews and ratings
Lindsey Stevens profile photo
November 09, 2018

"In a saturated market, Join.me stands out with personalization options"

• Join.me has a lot of personalization touches I haven't seen in a lot of other audio conferencing software. It allows you to have a personalized background for viewers to see while they are waiting for you to share your screen which I like.
  • Join.me makes it easy to add international dial-in numbers which has come in handy when working on a global level.
  • Join.me's audio quality is pretty good- it occasionally will drop people from a call, but I don't think this happens any more often than any other conferencing software.
  • We use Join.me in conjunction with DocSend- this integration is very poor and only works 2/3rds of the time. When I am using DocSend and I push the button to switch to the Join.me screenshare the load time is very slow and it's always and awkward waiting time on a call for the screen to switch.
  • Oftentimes when I switch my screen the attendee says all they see is the loading screen, not what I'm sharing. We then have to spend 5 min troubleshooting and trying to get it to work.
  • The audio conferencing will occasionally drop people randomly, though I wouldn't say this happens any more so than any other conferencing vendor.
I think Join.me on it's own probably works a lot better than how I use it in conjunction with DocSend which is not great (we plan on switching vendors once our contract is up because of this). It is great because it allows you a lot of personalization and flexibility with your meeting room. Don't use it with DocSend- it is unreliable.
Read Lindsey Stevens's full review
Tom Wondra profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "Join me in using Join.me. You'll love it!"

• Works for all levels of users, even those who are not very tech savvy.
  • Easy to set up and schedule meetings.
  • Navigation as the meeting host is intuitive and straight-forward.
  • The audio quality if using the computer for audio can be iffy. It is likely due to slower internet speeds by some of the participants. I always dial in for the audio portion (and recommend the same for others) and it sounds great.
  • This might be a little picky, but the invites that come from Join.me can be a little clunky and crammed together.
  • Locking in a meeting code is nice, but it can lead to double booking if you aren't careful.
Join.me works great for product demos, presentations and customer training. The audio is great, especially when the participants dial in via phone. It is easy to navigate as the host, and acting as host while presenting is easy to do.

I haven't used it for mass webinars, so I can't speak to how well it works for things like that.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
December 18, 2018

Review: "Join.Me - Good for Small Groups and Limited Use"

• Easily recognizable by clients
  • Easy to share meeting code
  • Can create a free account to demo
  • Audio quality
  • Video quality
  • Being able to record and edit audio and video easily
Join.me works fine, and works well for your average small group conference calls. It is very nice that it has a free feature and is user-friendly for clients. However, I think it is less appropriate if you're looking to get more advanced with your features, such as hosting major webinars with dozens of clients. In addition, our major frustration was that we liked to record our webinars and then edit them to share, which was not easy, nor was it a feature that Join.me enabled.
Sherissa Klimas profile photo
May 23, 2018

"Join.me Review"

• Easy to use screen sharing
  • The chat feature is helpful to provide links for customers to click on
  • Helps connect our customers to us and help us create lasting relationships
  • Easier user interface for customers who join our meetings
Perfect for helping customers.
Read Sherissa Klimas's full review
Allison Butz profile photo
May 17, 2018

Review: "Join.me - inconsistent but serves its purpose"

• Join.me allows me to share my screen with multiple people
  • Join.me allows me to record my screen share and calls
  • Join.me allows me to integrate meetings into my Gmail calendar invites
  • Join.me constantly drops calls
  • Join.me has lag time during screen share
  • Join.me can take more than one try to start my meetings
Join.me is decent when it works, but is not consistent and often drops calls or doesn’t connect all members of the meeting. Join.me audio is no good and has a ton of feedback.
Read Allison Butz's full review
December 19, 2017

Review: "Join.Me, a great tool for quick, short initial remote connections."

Join.me is used to obtain remote access to a computer or server for the first time. Typically, I will install a permanent, unattended, remote solution once gaining access. Join.me does a great job of providing an easy to use website that users can browse and initiate the remote connection.
  • Easy of use for the end user, well-designed webpage.
  • Simple, quick download for quick remote connections to workstations.
  • Several nice features after obtaining control and overall an efficient tool.
  • Technically deficient users sometimes have trouble with the website domain name.
  • The connection can be slow at times when trying to obtain mouse and keyboard control.
  • Latency when clicking or typing as well as bugs when focusing on specific windows on the remote computer.
Join.me is a great tool for the immediate, initial remote connection. Most all end users can quickly navigate the site and provide access. This tool has a short URL name for typing and walkthrough. It is not the best remote access tool out there, so it's the best for the initial connection only.
Will Paccione profile photo
December 14, 2017

Review: "Join.me, great software, unless you use a Chromebook"

A big part of our company consists of building websites. After our client's website goes live, we teach them how to use it. Many of our clients aren't local, so we use Join.me to teach them to edit and update text, add images, change phone numbers, etc on the website. We trained everyone from the owner of the company, to their team members and all seem to be able to use Join.me without issue.
  • One of the things I like about Join.me is my branded url that I can send people when I need them to join. It was very easy to make links for them right to my specific meeting.
  • Join.me has very good video quality. The person on the other end doesn't seem to have much of a lag, if any at all.
  • Easy enough to change presenters, which you need the pro version for.
  • I usually use Join.me when on the actual phone with a person. I've tried a couple of times using the call-in phone number and had issues hearing the other person, but that could be due to the other person's computer setup.
  • Join.me has a Chrome browser extension, but they don't have a Chromebook specific app for my Chromebook. My laptop is a Chromebook and I use it enough where I would have liked to get on a conference with a client to no avail. This is very frustrating as there are a lot of Chromebooks being sold.
  • The pricing shows how much per month, but the * says: "*Amount shown is price per month and billed on an annual per user basis."
  • Now sure why software does that. Just give me a yearly price.
I've recommended Join.me to people who don't use a lot of screen sharing as they have a free version which would suit them just fine.

Join.me is not suited for people who have Chromebooks. I'm a tech guy and a lot of people come to me to ask about what hardware/software they should buy. I've been telling them how great Chromebooks are, and they love them. Kind of tough to recommend Join.me to them... as they'd be wasting their money since the Join.me download won't work.
Read Will Paccione's full review
Gil Lopez CTS ING profile photo
December 13, 2017

Join.me Review: "Easy, effective, multi-platform collaboration for teams and clients"

join.me is used internally and externally for our communications and coordination between teams and clients. It leverages the hardware already placed at the desktop, on most laptops, and in most our conference rooms. Simple deployment, ad-hoc sessions, and scheduling capabilities make it an ideal medium. Its customization features for our company branding provide a unique user experience setting it apart from other similar technologies.
  • Customizable user interface, provides a great opportunity for branding and enhances the user experience.
  • Personalized meeting space name for each user. Makes it simple to share and use with clients and multiple users.
  • Excellent integration with Outlook and Okta.
  • Excellent quality of audio and video for both LAN and WAN.
  • Additional music-on-hold selections.
  • Automatic authentication with Outlook (as opposed to having to authenticate every time outlook starts).
  • Active video scaling or multi-window support on 4K monitors would be a welcome feature.
Excellent for one-to-one or small group meetings that use USB cameras and microphones. Works well also for one-to-many type of meetings.
In applications where many-to-one or many-to-many scenarios are needed, external microphones and PTZ camera integrations are needed to produce good results.USB gateways work particularly well for these kind of integrations.
Read Gil Lopez CTS ING's full review
Samantha McMahon profile photo
December 12, 2017

Review: "Join.me is an easy to use web sharing software"

Join.me is a well-known collaboration tool that has been around for quite some time. My IT department prefers to use this meeting option because it’s so simple to send your web meeting link to invite others to a call to share screens and provide information. It’s a great tool if you just need to share your screen quickly with someone else.
  • Ability to provide an easy to use web meeting link.
  • Ability to provide accommodating features and easy to pass presenters roles.
  • Provides easy access for new users.
  • Ability to share desktops of certain programs.
  • I remember first time presenters would always have to download some install for join.me which Inst berry attractive.
  • Unlimited attendees for all meetings would be great.
  • Could be potentially less convoy.
Our IT department loves to use the product. I think it’s very good for short, quick calls where you need to show another employee or associate how to share info online.
Read Samantha McMahon's full review
Matthew Robinson profile photo
March 23, 2017

Join.me Review: "Great tool for Remote Meetings! Quick to join and no app download is required!"

It is being used by the entire organization to do remote meetings with our customers. We use the screen sharing, conference call and chat features to be able to effectively hold remote meetings.
  • The screen sharing as well as the ability to control another users mouse is an excellent feature!
  • Persistent Link for Meetings which is easy for everyone to remember.
  • Multiple conference call numbers which cover most geographies.
  • Additional Conference Call Numbers or perhaps a toll free number. There are times where there are no dial-in numbers for specific cities where are customers are located.
It is well suited to remote meetings where you need to either show a presentation, a browser or document on your computer. It works great since everyone is "singing from the same hymn sheet."
Read Matthew Robinson's full review
May 12, 2017

Review: "Personlised URLs Make Join.me a Breeze!"

We use Join.me as a screen sharing solution for demonstrations of our online product. Our lead gen teams generate demonstrations for our sales team to perform using this platform. It addresses issues in how other screen sharing solutions can require setups and installations of other software. Join.me can use anything from a web browser to a mobile device to view.
  • Very Responsive
  • Incredibly easy to use
  • Easy to set users up
  • Records videos of screen shares
  • Very reliable
  • Being cloud based it can sometimes go down for short periods
  • Price
  • Some bugs with desktop apps but these get resolved in updates
Join me is suited brilliantly in the selling market. Where we have to convince a prospect to view a presentation. Being so easy to access with a personalized URL and many browsers supported, there's no excuse not to have a demo. Sometimes larger more security tight companies may have this kind of solution blocked due to its screen swapping capabilities.
Chris Whisonant profile photo
July 25, 2016

Review: "Join.me is great for ad-hoc screen sharing!"

Generally we will use Join.me for ad-hoc screen sharing sessions with customers. My department uses it. It allows us to quickly establish a session with our customers to troubleshoot problems that they may be having with other applications.
  • It is easy to access and use with just a couple of clicks.
  • No large plugin installation needed like some other utilities (such as GoToMeeting). Quick download and launch.
  • Typically, the UI is very responsive with screen sharing.
  • It's random sometimes when it will require you to login. This is troublesome for our remote customers as it's another step they may have to take.
  • CPU utilization can get quite high. This happens both on my MacBook Pro and also on Windows VMs.
  • Recently the application has either hung or not installed/launched properly in Windows.
  • Depending on the technical savvy of the remote user, they sometimes want to go to join.me.com or are simply confused when directed to "Go to join dot me in your web browser."
As previously mentioned, whenever you need to do an ad-hoc screen sharing meeting with someone, join.me serves that purpose quite well. If you are presenting often, you can also just have your own join.me address for others to join. For larger sessions with multiple people, I would think that something like GoToMeeting would be more appropriate.
Read Chris Whisonant's full review
Risto Milovanov profile photo
August 29, 2016

User Review: "Join.me for enterprises"

Join.me is used as a main platform for screen sharing both internally and externally across the whole entire organization. We are an organization that has a lot of telecommuters, as well as large number of offices around the globe. Join.me helps us overcome the challenge of time difference, geography and travel cost.
  • Screen sharing available across different operating systems.
  • Sufficient choice of phone numbers to call world wide.
  • Screen capture! It is amazing for training, recap and follow up.
  • The unlimited number of users (not that you want to do that often) when you sign up for a enterprise account.
  • The ability to uniform the background to represent the colors of your organization.
  • Integration with Outlook! In this area Joinme has often shown to fail when a user tries to generate a meeting out of an Outlook item like email. It also signs out frequently.
  • The default phone information produced by clicking on the link on the application to invite users doesn't match the default settings on my profile.
  • Join.me call in numbers.... It is not as convenient as adding a number to the list (or after the invitation is sent) without going back to the settings of that meeting. Convenient access to the phone numbers world wide, for the presenter is highly recommended.
It is well suited for training, multiple presenters (one at a time only), team meetings, and project meetings. It is less appropriate for brain storming (lacks a realtime whiteboard), and multiple user screen sharing (collaborative web meeting).
Read Risto Milovanov's full review
Micah Jones profile photo
August 08, 2016

User Review: "Join.me - Easy to use"

We use join.me for end-user training of customers, for internal meetings and online software demonstrations to prospects.
  • join.me's greatest strength is ease of use. It is very simple to host a meeting.
  • Participants do not have to download any software to see a presentation.
  • It has built in audio conferencing.
  • Recordings are downloadable in a useless web format that has to be converted to something else if you want to do anything with it like host it online.
  • They need to add registration capabilities which is a must have feature if you host webinars.
  • Visuals into the audio would be nice. Right now you cannot see who has called in.
It is well suited for impromptu or scheduled meetings like training, collaboration or sales demos. It is not well suited for webinars where pre-registration is required.
Read Micah Jones's full review
Shannon McNamara profile photo
August 08, 2016

Review: "Join.me - the quick solution for screen sharing"

We use Join.me to conduct demos for clients. We use the system 'Zoom' internally for remote employees to join meetings, etc., but specifically when we are dealing with clients and making a sale, we prefer to use 'Join.me'. Our sales department mainly uses Join.me. It's great for getting clients to see something on our screen as quickly and easily as they can, with little technology difficulty.
  • Very easy to join a join.me - simple instructions
  • Free to use (at least on the most basic level)
  • Easy to teach other employees how to use
  • Bit of a lag with when my screen moves to when the other screen moves
  • Some clients still have difficulty using this
  • Great for 2 people to be on, but not the best medium for 3 or more
If you are on the phone with a client, and want to quickly show them something that is on your computer (a presentation, graphic, software, etc.) this is absolutely the best service to use for that. It's very easy to give your client instructions and have them start viewing your shared screen.
Read Shannon McNamara's full review
Aaron Smith profile photo
August 03, 2016

User Review: "Join.me works in a pinch!"

We sometimes use Join.me as a fallback if one of our other methods of screen sharing do not work. There are times when other products are not allowed through firewalls, or their services are down, and we still need to support our customers. Sometimes, Join.me will work when others don't.
  • Getting connected to customers is easy.
  • Fairly fast loading of initial web site.
  • File transfers could be easier. Users have to accept the transfer, no drag and drop, etc.
  • The screen refresh/redraw is quite slow. Mouse movement can be slow/choppy.
If you need a quick connection to someone to do something quick and simple, join.me is probably your best bet. It's free and it works. If you need to do something a little more intensive and time consuming often, there are a few paid for competing products that are more suitable.
Read Aaron Smith's full review
Daniel Reynolds, MBA profile photo
June 27, 2016

User Review: "Join.me is a must"

Our entire organization utilizes Join.me. We use it both for internal and external use. It is used for presenting information with other members of our organization as well as presenting to current clients and prospective clients. Join.me allows us to quickly and easily share screens with anyone, anywhere, in a moments notice. It really allows our organization to be virtual and accomplish more.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Can be used anywhere, anytime.
  • Easy for others to get to, no complicated URL. Quick and easy to find.
  • Consistent connection/speed.
  • Reporting of visitors (who, how long, etc.).
  • Easier ability to share presenter tools.
For any organization where everyone is not able to be in the same room, Join.me fills the void. It's a quick and easy way to share screen so that everyone in the meeting is looking at the same thing. Makes meetings more efficient and allows our organization to complete what we need to complete in a set period of time.
Read Daniel Reynolds, MBA's full review
Massimo Emilione profile photo
April 18, 2016

Review: "join.me is faster to use than other remote sharing applications"

We decided to use another application called GoToMeeting due to pricing concerns. But there have been times where we needed to use join.me which have been very helpful to some of the team that has had to use it. It has been great for sharing screens where we can control another machine and perform any troubleshooting or installing that was needed of us.
  • It has always utilized a web deployment. This made it easy to get users to share their screen with us and work on their machine.
  • Join.me had a simple to use interface. This made it easy for users to share and chat with us about their issues or problems they wanted to discuss with us.
  • Join.me always gave free upgrades when they first came out to get more users to buy into using the tool which made it very easy for us to decide if this would be the tool we would use going forward for our demos and support calls.
  • Initially join.me didn't have a phone call in number which meant we needed to call our customers directly. Ever since then I have never looked to see if it was ever implemented as the initial expectation has stuck with me.
  • It wasn't easy to determine which user was watching my machine. Other systems have a login url PLUS a meeting code. Even though join.me uses a 9 digit code at any time it could be a random internet user looking at your screen. And when a user showed up it would show as user 1.
  • Pricing wasn't as competitive as other services.
  • This is not a critical issue but some tools like this one don't allow control of apps that require admin access. This at most times is not a big deal but with some support PCs it did become an issue and we had to utilize other tools.
Join.me is definitely suited for a quick demonstration or sharing of a screen to help troubleshoot or control a PC. This made situations like doing remote installs a cinch as does sharing a screen. This also works well for someone who can't afford an account or has very limited needs as this can be a great tool. When you find your needs start to increase you will see the value of the tool and become comfortable using the tool.
Read Massimo Emilione's full review
Raviraj Raikar profile photo
January 08, 2016

Join.me Review: "Hassle Free way of Organizing a Meeting"

With today's globalization, it is eminent that for communication, one may not need to always have face to face interaction. There are various methods with which one can communicate. Join.me provides video conferencing and audio conferencing facilities, which helps one communicate with a customer sitting across the country. Join.me has potential to connect up to 200 participants at a single time, wherein one can see the screen presented by the presenter and use voice call to communicate or ask questions. These are also for internal team meetings and discussion, with project or team seating across different locations.
  • One can invite people for conversation or meetings through a customized link. One can customize with their logo, brand name etc. With a single click one can join the meeting.
  • The best part is each one in the meeting can show the screen to the participants.
  • Setting up meetings is quite easy as it has integration with Google Calendar or Outlook.
  • Voice and video recordings, meeting schedulers etc., are not available in free services.
  • There is a limit on file transfer size.
  • In the free service, only 10 persons can join a meeting at a time.
Join.me is useful when all members present in the meeting would like to contribute by sharing the screen.
Read Raviraj Raikar's full review
Aurora Meyer profile photo
April 22, 2016

Join.me Review: "Happier Free Conference Calls"

Join.me is used across departments, mostly for conference calls.
  • Quick Installation
  • Good audio quality
For those who need a free conference call platform and occasionally need a screen sharing system, Join.me is a great option.
Read Aurora Meyer's full review
Ilicia Lopez profile photo
December 21, 2015

User Review: "Join Join.me!"

As a Systems Analyst there were several occasions when our help desk software would not allow me to remote in to users' computers. I was introduced to join.me and it became a tool that I constantly used. Join.me is an application that can be accessed online and is used to remotely access another computer.
  • User friendly.
  • Great presentation.
  • Helpful support.
  • Download of free application would be great.
  • Lower costs for group pricing.
  • I don't see a Mac version - would be easy for Mac users.
I feel that join.me is a great product for any size company. We have limited licenses and access for remote desktop connection. It is great for employees or managers that need to access other's computers or for support roles in any organization. I don't feel that there is a scenario where it is not appropriate. Join.me can be used by anyone and it is easy to walk users through the setup process.
Read Ilicia Lopez's full review
Daniel Keogh profile photo
March 18, 2016

User Review: "Join.me Free Version"

We currently have two offices, one in the states and one in Canada, my team is in the states and I work from the Canadian office. I use it to screen share with my team members and to take control of their machines if needed. Join.me is a great easy tool to use.
  • Set up screen share with ease, the link provided is short and easy for users to join.
  • Taking/giving mouse control to other users is amazing and easy to do.
  • Highlight function is great too, being able to "draw" on your screen to show what you want is great.
  • Not much really to write about, an HD screen share could be useful.
When you have a client or someone in a different office, Join.me is good for doing presentations or training.
Read Daniel Keogh's full review
Matt Judice profile photo
December 12, 2014

Review: "Join.me screen share software at a great price!"

Join.me is used across HomeAway in several different departments. We use it on the Onboarding team to conduct product demos, listing quality reviews, software setup meetings and conference meetings. It allows us to direct the customer to a specific issue that we need to fix or have the customer fix. Join.me makes the conversation quick and easy with out the need to send multiple screen shots.
  • Screen sharing
  • VOIP calls
  • Availability to send a screen share live through e-mail.
  • It would be great to be able to send files through the screen share
Join.me is well suited for most applications where you might want to use WebEx. How many people will use it? (the free version allows 9 people to join). Do they need to call into the meeting? (if you have multiple people calling you may need a cisco bridge). Do your attendees have access to download the viewer? (if not other solutions may be needed).
Read Matt Judice's full review
July 22, 2016

Review: "Join.me, quickly create a session, send a user a link, and start interacting"

Our product department uses join.me to deliver small group or 1:1 training where we primarily leverage screen sharing for demonstration purposes. We also help support the delivery of online education and when our instructors are having trouble, we usually go straight to join.me to help illustrate a solution and train our faculty. While job aids are available, we find that being able to quickly load a program and show someone a step that they might be missing, we can provide tremendous value and support to our clients.
  • No download/installation of a tool or application to start viewing, just open the browser and send the link.
  • Very fast to start a session, no need to schedule an event, send out calendar invitations, have the end user downloading an application.
  • Compatibly with browsers has been outstanding, we do not have to implement workarounds for this product.
  • Our most technologically challenged clients have no issues launching a join.me session.
  • When sharing your screen when you have multiple monitors displayed, it can often be difficult.
  • Screen sharing animations can be choppy.
We do not use join.me as a replacement for web conferencing software. Scheduled meetings with a large volume of participants are more easily facilitated for us with other software. However, for 1:1 and small group settings, especially on the fly, join.me is a huge time saver in both process and deployment.
August 05, 2016

Join.me Review: "Love it! Quick and easy."

Join.me is used by departments as needed. Most of our employees are on site, but a few travel and fewer work from home in other states. Join.me provides an easy, quick, and free way to connect and get things done without obstacles (buying, downloading, etc.). I don't have to schedule it in advance, I can set up a meeting on the spot.
  • Free to use the bare minimum features like having a few people join the call, with the option of video conferencing, and ability to share screen (all participants)
  • Intuitive. I don't have to spend time learning how to use it it is easy to figure out.
  • Sign up is very quick, they don't ask you for a lot of information.
  • Paid options are very reasonably priced.
  • The things I can think of are very minimal. The Features page lists a lot of additional things we can get, but I can't tell if I can get with the free version I currently have or if I have to pay to access them. I've only used the free options, those extra options are things I didn't even know I could do/had access to.
If you are going to do a very large webinar (over 250 participants) this is not the system for you. The "Business" edition is the highest level and that is the max it supports. But you could do some fun and creative things with it, that include video conferencing and whiteboarding, for a very reasonable price. I don't know if it records meetings or if you can schedule in advance and it integrates the meeting to your calendar, I've always used it on the spot, but it is still solid and I love it.

High quality audio (22)
6.4
High quality video (25)
Low bandwidth requirements (23)
6.3
Mobile support (10)
Desktop sharing (29)
Whiteboards (12)
6.7
Calendar integration (18)
Meeting initiation (25)
Integrates with social media (7)
6.6
Record meetings / events (21)
6.5
Slideshows (8)
Live chat (23)
Audience polling (6)
5.5
Q&A (3)
User authentication (15)
Participant roles & permissions (20)
Confidential attendee list (8)
6.4

About Join.me

Join.me from LogMeIn is an audio and web conferencing tool targeted at SMBs.